ImageImageImage

So how are you feeling now?

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,148

Re: So how are you feeling now? 

Post#61 » by Arsenal » Sat Jul 6, 2019 7:12 pm

76ciology wrote:The worst thing about the trade is Tobias has to defend either Kawhi or PG in the finals

Maybe Ben on Kawhi then JRich on PG? Hide Tobi on KCP. Then Biid bulldoze Zubac and Montrell

Tobias will get absolutely roasted by either one if healthy. We would need Horford or Embiid to cover one of them while Simmons takes the other.

Then hide Tobias on Harrell or Zubac like we hid him on Gasol vs. the Raptors.
nycphils
Freshman
And1: 38

Post#62 » by nycphils » Sat Jul 6, 2019 7:13 pm

Expected Clippers lineup is Patrick Beverley, Landry Shamet, Paul George, Kawhi Leonard, Montrezl Harrell

Simmons on George and Horford on Kawhi seems like it would be as good as you could hope for, but if JRich is chasing around Shamet, who is on Beverly? Harris? If you take Harris off the court so Thybulle or Zhaire can cover Beverley, where does the offense come from?
Arsenal
RealGM

Post#63 » by Arsenal » Sat Jul 6, 2019 7:14 pm

Arsenal wrote:
76ciology wrote:The worst thing about the trade is Tobias has to defend either Kawhi or PG in the finals

Maybe Ben on Kawhi then JRich on PG? Hide Tobi on KCP. Then Biid bulldoze Zubac and Montrell

Tobias will get absolutely roasted by either one if healthy. We would need Horford or Embiid to cover one of them while Simmons takes the other.

Then hide Tobias on Harrell or Zubac like we hid him on Gasol vs. the Raptors.

Or have Tobias on Landry Shamet or whoever starts at SG for them.

CE Harrell - Embiid
PF George - Horford
SF Leonard - Simmons
SG Shamet - Harris
PG Beverley - Richardson

These are the defensive matchups I think.
SavageBel
Starter
And1: 269

Post#64 » by SavageBel » Sat Jul 6, 2019 7:24 pm

I'm feeling good! East is ours.
nycphils
Freshman

Post#65 » by nycphils » Sat Jul 6, 2019 7:24 pm

Shamet plays like Reddick...imagine Harris trying to keep up with Shamet darting around screens...could get killed on the 3 ball pretty quickly

If Embiid’s knee allows it, maybe need him on George or Leonard and hide Harris on Harrell, as someone mentioned above
Arsenal
RealGM

Post#66 » by Arsenal » Sat Jul 6, 2019 7:30 pm

nycphils wrote:Shamet plays like Reddick...imagine Harris trying to keep up with Shamet darting around screens...could get killed on the 3 ball pretty quickly

If Embiid’s knee allows it, maybe need him on George or Leonard and hide Harris on Harrell, as someone mentioned above

Based on the matchups I posted, best bet is probably just hide Tobias on Beverley. He's only a spot up shooter, not a guy who runs off screens. Then Richardson takes Shamet.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#67 » by Sixerscan » Sat Jul 6, 2019 7:55 pm

He can cover Beverley or whoever the weakest offensive option is.
nycphils
Freshman

Post#68 » by nycphils » Sat Jul 6, 2019 8:04 pm

The flip side is how do the Clippers guard the Sixers?

George and Kawhi would blanket Horford and Simmons for sure, and Beverly might be able to check Richardson, but he’s giving up 5 inches, but Shamet on Harris? Kawhi helping off Simmons, obviously, but Harrell or Zubac on Embiid? Good luck.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#69 » by LloydFree » Sat Jul 6, 2019 8:04 pm

No worse than watching Jimmy Butler defend them. Both of them ate Butler's lunch last year.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers

Post#70 » by Sixerscan » Sat Jul 6, 2019 8:05 pm

I think people are gonna find trying to go small against us is a mistake. Yeah it might lead to some quickness disadvantages but Embiid will be able to bulldoze and we’lll get every rebound. And if Zhaire or Thybulle is ready to go by the playoffs we will have an obvious adjustment to any quickness issues.

Best bet is what the raptors did matching the size.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,474

Post#71 » by youngcrev » Sat Jul 6, 2019 8:08 pm

nycphils wrote:The flip side is how do the Clippers guard the Sixers?

George and Kawhi would blanket Horford and Simmons for sure, and Beverly might be able to check Richardson, but he’s giving up 5 inches, but Shamet on Harris? Kawhi helping off Simmons, obviously, but Harrell or Zubac on Embiid? Good luck.

Beverley did an ok job on Durant, and Tobias wasn't able to take advantage of Lowry, so I suspect that would be the matchup. Shamet on Richardson.
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#72 » by LloydFree » Sat Jul 6, 2019 8:09 pm

Sixerscan wrote:
LloydFree wrote:I feel very pleased that the GM wasn't stupid enough to listen to public pressure, and "run it back" with ill-fitting parts.

We're very fortunate that we got Richardson. Lucky that Jimmy wanted to go to the Heat and credit Brand for getting a very good player out of the deal. I wouldn't like this team nearly as much if we'd just resigned Redick with that space or something.

That goes without saying. I'm still pinching myself, that the 76ers were able to get the exact player I thought could complete this team.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
PhillyPhilly
Bench Warmer
And1: 522

Post#73 » by PhillyPhilly » Sat Jul 6, 2019 8:17 pm

youngcrev wrote:

Beverley did an ok job on Durant, and Tobias wasn't able to take advantage of Lowry, so I suspect that would be the matchup. Shamet on Richardson.

If they dare put Landry on Jrich then good luck...Rich would be eating heavy on that floor :D . I also wonder If Kawhi would have the guts to try and guard Joel like he did Giannis? Lol man It would be crazy to see.
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#74 » by LloydFree » Sat Jul 6, 2019 8:18 pm

Sixerscan wrote:I think people are gonna find trying to go small against us is a mistake. Yeah it might lead to some quickness disadvantages but Embiid will be able to bulldoze and we’lll get every rebound. And if Zhaire or Thybulle is ready to go by the playoffs we will have an obvious adjustment to any quickness issues.

I honestly don't think the 76ers will spend that much time in their "Big lineup". Other than against the Bucks and maybe Toronto, I think Embiid and Horford may only share the floor the 5 minutes at the beginning of each half and the last 5 minutes of the game. The other 33 minutes of the game Tobias Harris and Mike Scott will be the PF while one of them rests.
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#75 » by youngcrev » Sat Jul 6, 2019 8:21 pm

PhillyPhilly wrote:
youngcrev wrote:

If they dare put Landry on Jrich then good luck...Rich would be eating heavy on that floor :D . I also wonder If Kawhi would have the guts to try and guard Joel like he did Giannis? Lol man It would be crazy to see.

Meh, I don't think Richardson is that type of scorer. Not like they couldn't throw someone like Harkless in the lineup in his place anyway if they wanted more size.

And no, Kawhi wouldn't guard Jo, lol
PhillyPhilly
Bench Warmer
And1: 522

Post#76 » by PhillyPhilly » Sat Jul 6, 2019 8:26 pm

youngcrev wrote:
PhillyPhilly wrote:
youngcrev wrote:

Meh, I don't think Richardson is that type of scorer. Not like they couldn't throw someone like Harkless in the lineup in his place anyway if they wanted more size.

He got 30 plus twice last season which JJ barely did iirc? and he can score in a number of ways, not just the three ball.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers

Post#77 » by Sixerscan » Sat Jul 6, 2019 8:30 pm

LloydFree wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:I think people are gonna find trying to go small against us is a mistake. Yeah it might lead to some quickness disadvantages but Embiid will be able to bulldoze and we’lll get every rebound. And if Zhaire or Thybulle is ready to go by the playoffs we will have an obvious adjustment to any quickness issues.

I honestly don't think the 76ers will spend that much time in their "Big lineup". Other than against the Bucks and maybe Toronto, I think Embiid and Horford may only share the floor the 5 minutes at the beginning of each half and the last 5 minutes of the game. The other 33 minutes of the game Tobias Harris and Mike Scott will be the PF while one of them rests.

I’m with you during random regular season games but I assume the plan would be for them to play together quite a bit in big games.
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#78 » by youngcrev » Sat Jul 6, 2019 8:42 pm

PhillyPhilly wrote:
youngcrev wrote:
PhillyPhilly wrote:

He got 30 plus twice last season which JJ barely did iirc? and he can score in a number of ways, not just the three ball.

True, but that was as a fake #1 option, and a guard putting up 30 on the Sixers was hardly a badge of honor last year, haha.
DaSixers
Pro Prospect
And1: 227

Post#79 » by DaSixers » Sat Jul 6, 2019 8:42 pm

in the playoffs, teams would run JJ off the line, meaning they would over play the shot and allow him to drive cuz he couldnt go anywhere.

You cant play that with with richardson, he can drive much better, is way bigger and more athletic and can get to the rim, and a better passer than JJ.

Another aspect people are overlooking is just how INSANE our offensive rebounding will be in the playoffs, it was already huge this past year, now imagine it.

Also there is no shot in hell we would put horford on kawhi in a matchup.. the matchups would be:

richardson on george, same body types and the height diff is only 2 inches

ben on kawhi, we already saw ben plays as good as you can ask against him.

shamet and beverly are guys you put harris on as they are strait up spacers, we are not afraid of them driving into the paint, tobias is no defensive force, but hes not a seive like JJ was
DaSixers
Pro Prospect
And1: 227

Post#80 » by DaSixers » Sat Jul 6, 2019 8:44 pm

oh and I'm feeling great

I think we have to be the favorites in the east, I suspect the bucks will get the 1 seed as we will be load managing the **** out of our team, but come playoffs, we matchup GREAT vs them

another thing. if somehow gasol becomes a buy out candidate, philly needs to do EVERYTHING in their power to pick him up so that milwaukee or another eastern team DOES NOT get him.. or even the clippers/lakers

if we have horford and gasol, their is not a single player in the rest of the league that can stand up to embiid

not to mention our rotation at the 4/5 would be absolutely disgusting

again, we do this just to stop other teams from getting him and IDK if that would even happen or if toronto would rather just have him as an expiring coming off the books

Return to Philadelphia 76ers