Summer Free Agency 2019 Part 4

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Re: Summer Free Agency 2019 Part 4 

Post#301 » by LloydFree » Sun Sep 1, 2019 8:16 pm

Cut Norvelle Pelle. Sign "ISO Joe" to a 2-way contract, with the promise that he will be converted on 11/16, after we trade one of Korkmaz, Neto or Bolden.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#302 » by LloydFree » Sun Sep 1, 2019 8:43 pm

LloydFree wrote:Cut Norvelle Pelle. Sign "ISO Joe" to a 2-way contract, with the promise that he will be converted on 11/16, after we trade one of Korkmaz, Neto or Bolden.

... Or

Cut Pelle. Then go to Burke pay him the 400k he's guaranteed, cut him and ask him to accept a 2-way that will be converted after a trade is made. Then give Joe Johnson the 10 year vet min.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#303 » by Sixerscan » Sun Sep 1, 2019 10:12 pm

LloydFree wrote:
LloydFree wrote:Cut Norvelle Pelle. Sign "ISO Joe" to a 2-way contract, with the promise that he will be converted on 11/16, after we trade one of Korkmaz, Neto or Bolden.

... Or

Cut Pelle. Then go to Burke pay him the 400k he's guaranteed, cut him and ask him to accept a 2-way that will be converted after a trade is made. Then give Joe Johnson the 10 year vet min.

Pretty sure 2 way guys can only have a few years in the league. It’s meant to be like a developmental spot.

Yeah 4 years or fewer https://gleague.nba.com/nba-g-league-101-two-way-contracts/
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#304 » by BullyKing » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:59 am

So apparently Redick said in an interview that the Sixers offer to him was 3/20. I would have loved him back on that deal but I never really blame anyone for taking the money.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,514

Post#305 » by 76ciology » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:06 pm

BullyKing wrote:So apparently Redick said in an interview that the Sixers offer to him was 3/20. I would have loved him back on that deal but I never really blame anyone for taking the money.

I also think he still likes to start.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,112

Post#306 » by eyeatoma » Fri Jan 3, 2020 8:11 pm

fl311 wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:
fl311 wrote:It's still about Korver and Sefalosha. They are 1a and 1b.

Korver taking his time it seems. I guess there’s no rush from his perspective.

No real rush from either side right now.
Hey man, long time. Wondering if you still have connections to Embiid.

Any updates on the season and what's going on with Jo?

He upset with the moves this off-season? Mad to be playing with Ben or Horford? Frustrated with Ben's lack of development?

He didn't seem him self the first two months. Was he just coasting so he's healthy during the playoffs as he said or are there injury concerns?

Any news of possible trades? Of Ben or Horford? Or a trade to get better ballhandlers or 3 point shooters?

Any news on why Ben still won't shoot even though Brett is pleading with him?

Thanks man.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
fl311
Senior
And1: 1,182

Post#307 » by fl311 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:23 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
fl311 wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:Korver taking his time it seems. I guess there’s no rush from his perspective.

He upset with the moves this off-season? Mad to be playing with Ben or Horford? Frustrated with Ben's lack of development?

He didn't seem him self the first two months. Was he just coasting so he's healthy during the playoffs as he said or are there injury concerns?

Any news of possible trades? Of Ben or Horford? Or a trade to get better ballhandlers or 3 point shooters?

Thanks man.

Been a long time, gents. Had some personal issues i had to deal with the past 6 months of so.

Most of Jo's issues are stemming from stuff happening off the court that i will not delve into. Some of it has started to improve but people were concerned earlier in the year.

They were never going to trade Tobias or Horford at the deadline. Assuming the team does not go far this year, which looks possible with our without Ben, there will be major changes in the offseason. Harris will not go into the tax for this roster. This is what happens when you make personnel decisions as a group and not have a single person in charge.

I can't get into Ben's head. That is why he doesnt shoot. Has nothing to do with anything else.

I'll pop back in from time to time if i hear anything else.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,112

Post#308 » by eyeatoma » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:26 pm

fl311 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
fl311 wrote:

Thanks man.

Been a long time, gents. Had some personal issues i had to deal with the past 6 months of so.

Most of Jo's issues are stemming from stuff happening off the court that i will not delve into. Some of it has started to improve but people were concerned earlier in the year.

They were never going to trade Tobias or Horford at the deadline. Assuming the team does not go far this year, which looks possible with our without Ben, there will be major changes in the offseason. Harris will not go into the tax for this roster. This is what happens when you make personnel decisions as a group and not have a single person in charge.

I can't get into Ben's head. That is why he doesnt shoot. Has nothing to do with anything else.

He's back. Thanks for the info. Anything you can add is much appreciated.

mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,873

Post#309 » by mjkvol » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:50 pm

I never thought it was a remote possibility that Horford or Harris would be moved st the deadline.

There is much more involved than simply making s trade here - Brand and Brown made a grand statement with the money committed to this bully ball thing, and how anyone thought they would pull the plug after half a season is absurd.

There are egos and personalities involved - trading one or both is an indictment on the whole idea, and I'm not sure ownership would look kindly at pulling the plug on that sort of investment this soon. How on earth could Brand be trusted again?

They'll see it through the season, then spin it like crazy as soon as we are eliminated. My concern is that these clowns will get a pass if Simmons is out for any length of time.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
mithrandir17
Veteran
And1: 1,609

Post#310 » by mithrandir17 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:43 pm

BullyKing wrote:So apparently Redick said in an interview that the Sixers offer to him was 3/20. I would have loved him back on that deal but I never really blame anyone for taking the money.

With the way that we paid him that 23M contract in his first year, he should not be giving an excuse about not re-signing because of money.

Edit: Sorry, my bad. I did not see that this was an old thread that was just bumped.
SparksFly87
Assistant Coach
And1: 395

Post#311 » by SparksFly87 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:51 pm

This summer we need to commit to shooting and guards to compliment Simmons and Embiid.

We need a Redick replacement first and foremost. I would be offering Horford , Zhaire and whatever to the kings for buddy Hield.

Resign Alex Burks who is a potential great 6th man for us.

A star combo guard with Tobias and J Rich for Beal , Lavine or CJ Mccolum in that order.

Adding guards that that can knock down shoot and create their own shot is crucial this summer.

A bench of Burks, Shake, korkmaz

Beal
Hield
Thybulle
Simmons
Embiid
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,735

Post#312 » by phillynative » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:33 pm

fl311 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
fl311 wrote:

Thanks man.

Hey man happy all is well with you. Welcome Back.

If you don't mind me asking were the issues with Embiid something that could come back to hunt him or was it just some minor stuff like girlfriend problems?
agiaco
Analyst
And1: 1,126

Post#313 » by agiaco » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:42 pm

phillynative wrote:
fl311 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:Hey man, long time. Wondering if you still have connections to Embiid.

Thanks man.

If you don't mind me asking were the issues with Embiid something that could come back to hunt him or was it just some minor stuff like girlfriend problems?

It's called a personal life for a reason.
BigSleep333
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,632

Post#314 » by BigSleep333 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:28 pm

oh man, ban this thread. i dont want to be reminded of such dark times.
fl311
Senior

Post#315 » by fl311 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:34 pm

phillynative wrote:
fl311 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:Hey man, long time. Wondering if you still have connections to Embiid.

Thanks man.

Sorry but i will not get into any off the court stuff.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,104

Post#316 » by Kobblehead » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:49 pm

Whatever the issue was, are you saying that you're under the impression that he's moving past it now?
fl311
Senior

Post#317 » by fl311 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:59 pm

Kobblehead wrote:Whatever the issue was, are you saying that you're under the impression that he's moving past it now?

It is not affecting his on-court play at the moment but i wouldnt say the issue is gone. I'm also not saying its a bad off court problem. Just something had changed with him and the team was caught off guard
GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,479

Post#318 » by GoSixersBro » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:18 pm

I hate to speculate on a player's personal life, but if I were to guess I'd say something about his relationship with his fiance?
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016
phillynative
General Manager

Post#319 » by phillynative » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:49 pm

fl311 wrote:
phillynative wrote:
fl311 wrote:

Sorry but i will not get into any off the court stuff.

Cool was just wondering if it was something that could possibly affect his play down the line. Wasn't interested in the specifics of his personal.
phillynative
General Manager

Post#320 » by phillynative » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:52 pm

agiaco wrote:
phillynative wrote:
fl311 wrote:

It's called a personal life for a reason.

Yes, Im interested as a fan if something might affect his play not anything specific. I didn't ask you any way.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers