ImageImageImage

OT: 2020 RealGM 76ers Forum Fantasy BBall League

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, CoreyGallagher, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Would you be interested in making this a Dynasty League AND/OR Cash Prize? (2 votes)

Poll ended at Mon Sep 2, 2019 4:24 pm

YES, Dynasty League
3
38%
NO, Re-draft league (new team of players every year)
0
No votes
YES, Cash Prize (entry fee would be negotiated later)
3
38%
NO, Free league for bragging rights
2
25%
 
Total votes: 8

User avatar
GoSixersBro
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,074
And1: 845
Joined: May 26, 2010
 

OT: 2020 RealGM 76ers Forum Fantasy BBall League 

Post#1 » by GoSixersBro » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:24 pm

Hi everyone,

Welcome to our ninth season of the RealGM 76ers Forum Fantasy Basketball League! Believe it or not, but we are just 65 days away from the start of the 2019-2020 NBA season. As always, I like to create our thread two months or so in advance to make sure everything is in order before our live draft leading up to tip-off.

Team Pippen Ain't Easy is your defending champion from the 2018-2019 season, so congratulations again to the rookie manager who dominated the league from start to finish!

Below I have posted the final standings from 2018-2019. Like years prior, I always give managers from last season dibs on keeping their teams (provided they were active for most of the season). Managers who stopped setting their line-ups or never showed after the draft most likely will not be welcomed back, but we had a very active 2019 season so that probably will not be a problem.

If you participated and are interested in playing again in 2019-2020, please reply and let me know which team below was yours along with your email address (PM it to me if you do not want it public).

We are rolling again with 12 teams, which I thought competitively speaking was perfect as opposed to years prior where rosters got thin with 14 teams.

1) Pippen Ain't Easy #
2) Dribble Hand Off #
3) Motown Philly #
4) Cincinnati Sixers #
5) Str8 Cash Homie #
6) Go Back to Sea World #
7) Floppers (Consolation Bracket Champion) #
8) A Team Has No Name #
9) AIR's Amazing Team
10) Embiid4Prez #
11) Wizrd's of Westwood
12) Cru Thik #

# denotes returning for 2019-20 season

Since we've thrown out the idea in the past, I am going to set up an early poll which will run the next two weeks (until Labor Day, 9/2) on whether managers would be interested in the idea of making this a dynasty league* and/or having an entry fee** so that the winner will receive a cash prize. Please take the time to voice your opinion in the poll and post any comments/ideas you may have on whether any of these changes interest you. Obviously I would only make these changes if the overwhelming majority are interested, as I do not want to lose a big number of managers who have been loyal to this league all these years.

* A dynasty league is different from the standard re-draft league where instead of drafting a new team of players before the beginning of each season, a team's players (sometimes all, or a set number) will be carried over to the following season.

** If the vast majority of managers agreed to it an entry fee would be required to play. The winner will collect a cash prize from these fees at the end of the Championship. The amount can be negotiated if enough managers are interested in this instead of the our standard free entry.

Please take the time to vote in the poll and reply with any comments, suggestions, etc. If you haven't played before and are interested, I keep a waiting list (first-come, first-serve) in case any managers from the previous season no longer wish to play and a spot becomes available.

Thanks.
eyeatoma
RealGM
Posts: 11,979
And1: 1,248
Joined: Feb 25, 2005
Location: An Indian in Indonesia
     

Re: OT: 2020 RealGM 76ers Forum Fantasy BBall League 

Post#2 » by eyeatoma » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:53 pm

I'm in on a dynasty league if a spot is available! I'm also down with an entry fee of up to a $100.

My only thing would be given that I'm in Indonesia is that I'd appreciate the draft to be on Friday evening, Saturday morning, Sunday evening, or Sunday morning if possible. Times would definitely have to work if we're doing cash so we can all make the draft.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
PhilasFinest
RealGM
Posts: 14,640
And1: 3,580
Joined: Mar 13, 2007
     

Re: OT: 2020 RealGM 76ers Forum Fantasy BBall League 

Post#3 » by PhilasFinest » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:58 am

im back

also voted for a fee but will do any..mainly to keep owners active
SparksFly87 wrote:Towns got boat feet and gets off the ground very slow with a lack of explosiveness . He is a rich mans Henry Sims to me. No thanks .
User avatar
76ciology
RealGM
Posts: 40,264
And1: 12,765
Joined: Jun 06, 2002
Contact:

Re: OT: 2020 RealGM 76ers Forum Fantasy BBall League 

Post#4 » by 76ciology » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:09 am

Your second placer is back
Twitter: Pjeffersonlim| S i x e r s |
¨Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.¨
- Marcus Aurelius
ankle420breaker
Head Coach
Posts: 7,392
And1: 857
Joined: Sep 21, 2005
Location: South Jersey

Re: OT: 2020 RealGM 76ers Forum Fantasy BBall League 

Post#5 » by ankle420breaker » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:48 pm

I'm in (Go Back to Sea World). I'm ok with or without an entry fee.

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
CinciSixersFan
Rookie
Posts: 1,034
And1: 12
Joined: Feb 21, 2005
Location: The Nati
     

Re: OT: 2020 RealGM 76ers Forum Fantasy BBall League 

Post#6 » by CinciSixersFan » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:58 am

I'm in again, Cinci Sixers. Dynasty and $ is fine for me

#TTP
Indiana Pacers
BE THE GM 5.0:
PG- D-Rose,Kendall Marshall,Beno Udrih
SG- Jimmy Butler,Kevin Martin,Jordan McCrae
SF- Jeff Green,Jared Dudley,Chris Copeland
PF- Jared Sullinger,Jason Thompson,Jeff Adrien
C- Marcin Gortat, Kendrick Perkins,Jeff Withey
User avatar
phiphan
Head Coach
Posts: 6,744
And1: 1,721
Joined: Oct 13, 2004
 

Re: OT: 2020 RealGM 76ers Forum Fantasy BBall League 

Post#7 » by phiphan » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:54 pm

Back for more punishment (Embiid4Prez)
User avatar
Cru Thik
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,047
And1: 178
Joined: Oct 25, 2002
     

Re: OT: 2020 RealGM 76ers Forum Fantasy BBall League 

Post#8 » by Cru Thik » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:54 pm

Checking in dynasty would be great. I said yes for money but not trying to break the bank or anything. Especially with it being on yahoo. One of my least favorite for fantasy sports.
Image
2 Time RealGM 76ers Fantasy Basketball Champ
User avatar
GoSixersBro
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,074
And1: 845
Joined: May 26, 2010
 

Re: OT: 2020 RealGM 76ers Forum Fantasy BBall League 

Post#9 » by GoSixersBro » Tue Sep 3, 2019 5:39 pm

Hi everyone!

Based on the voting (through the poll above and email communication) over the past two weeks, I've received the following ...

Managers in favor of changing league to Dynasty format: 6
Managers in favor of adding an entry fee: 7

So unfortunately I did not receive a vote from each manager and not enough votes to sway me into changing either, so I am going to keep this league this season to standard re-draft and free entry.

I will post updates this week on when we will schedule our live online draft, but typically it will be one of the two weekends leading up to the first week or regular season play.

Thanks.
User avatar
phiphan
Head Coach
Posts: 6,744
And1: 1,721
Joined: Oct 13, 2004
 

Re: OT: 2020 RealGM 76ers Forum Fantasy BBall League 

Post#10 » by phiphan » Wed Sep 4, 2019 1:21 pm

Just eliminate the non-responses and base it on the people who voted. I can see why you wouldn't want to add the fee without a majority (or more), but dynasty was unanimous, at least here. It would be much more fun as a dynasty.
User avatar
GoSixersBro
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,074
And1: 845
Joined: May 26, 2010
 

Re: OT: 2020 RealGM 76ers Forum Fantasy BBall League 

Post#11 » by GoSixersBro » Wed Sep 4, 2019 2:39 pm

phiphan wrote:Just eliminate the non-responses and base it on the people who voted. I can see why you wouldn't want to add the fee without a majority (or more), but dynasty was unanimous, at least here. It would be much more fun as a dynasty.


You easily swayed me. I just hope people don't abandon their squads if they don't do well in Year 1, then it's finding new managers to take on already constructed rosters.

Either way we will give the dynasty a go. I feel like we generally bring back most of the managers anyway.

I am still waiting to hear back from two managers: AIR's Amazing Team and Wizrds of Westwood. They are usually hard to come in contact with, but always come back to play. I am still keeping a waiting list so feel free to let me know if you're new and interested in playing.
eyeatoma
RealGM
Posts: 11,979
And1: 1,248
Joined: Feb 25, 2005
Location: An Indian in Indonesia
     

Re: OT: 2020 RealGM 76ers Forum Fantasy BBall League 

Post#12 » by eyeatoma » Wed Sep 4, 2019 5:57 pm

GoSixersBro wrote:
phiphan wrote:Just eliminate the non-responses and base it on the people who voted. I can see why you wouldn't want to add the fee without a majority (or more), but dynasty was unanimous, at least here. It would be much more fun as a dynasty.


You easily swayed me. I just hope people don't abandon their squads if they don't do well in Year 1, then it's finding new managers to take on already constructed rosters.

Either way we will give the dynasty a go. I feel like we generally bring back most of the managers anyway.

I am still waiting to hear back from two managers: AIR's Amazing Team and Wizrds of Westwood. They are usually hard to come in contact with, but always come back to play. I am still keeping a waiting list so feel free to let me know if you're new and interested in playing.
I'm still interested if there is a spot available. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
User avatar
76ciology
RealGM
Posts: 40,264
And1: 12,765
Joined: Jun 06, 2002
Contact:

Re: OT: 2020 RealGM 76ers Forum Fantasy BBall League 

Post#13 » by 76ciology » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:33 am

So when do we start?
Twitter: Pjeffersonlim| S i x e r s |
¨Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.¨
- Marcus Aurelius
User avatar
GoSixersBro
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,074
And1: 845
Joined: May 26, 2010
 

Re: OT: 2020 RealGM 76ers Forum Fantasy BBall League 

Post#14 » by GoSixersBro » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:39 am

76ciology wrote:So when do we start?


Tentative live draft will be Sunday, October 20 at 7:00 PM (EST).

I sent out a message on the Yahoo Fantasy App last week. If you did not see it, please read below:

Hi managers! If you haven’t been following the thread on RealGM, we are going to keep the league free entry, but will be beginning Year 1 of our first Dynasty (or Keepers) league.

I’m still working on finalizing the settings we will be using, but not much will change. Still the same 9 categories, head-to-head match-ups, 6 playoff teams, etc.

Draft will be online, randomized snake order.

Roster size will increase from 16 to 17 players (PG,SG,G,SF,PF,F,C,C,UTIL, BNx6, IRx2). More information will be provided along the way.

I have the draft set for Sunday 10/20 at 7:00 PM (EST). It’s the final Sunday before Tuesday’s first regular season games. Please let me know if this works for everyone sooner than later. Any more questions or concerns, let me know! Thanks!
- Chris (Floppers, GoSixersBro)
eyeatoma
RealGM
Posts: 11,979
And1: 1,248
Joined: Feb 25, 2005
Location: An Indian in Indonesia
     

Re: OT: 2020 RealGM 76ers Forum Fantasy BBall League 

Post#15 » by eyeatoma » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:17 am

GoSixersBro wrote:
76ciology wrote:So when do we start?


Tentative live draft will be Sunday, October 20 at 7:00 PM (EST).

I sent out a message on the Yahoo Fantasy App last week. If you did not see it, please read below:

Hi managers! If you haven’t been following the thread on RealGM, we are going to keep the league free entry, but will be beginning Year 1 of our first Dynasty (or Keepers) league.

I’m still working on finalizing the settings we will be using, but not much will change. Still the same 9 categories, head-to-head match-ups, 6 playoff teams, etc.

Draft will be online, randomized snake order.

Roster size will increase from 16 to 17 players (PG,SG,G,SF,PF,F,C,C,UTIL, BNx6, IRx2). More information will be provided along the way.

I have the draft set for Sunday 10/20 at 7:00 PM (EST). It’s the final Sunday before Tuesday’s first regular season games. Please let me know if this works for everyone sooner than later. Any more questions or concerns, let me know! Thanks!
- Chris (Floppers, GoSixersBro)
Is there a spot available or is the league full?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
User avatar
GoSixersBro
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,074
And1: 845
Joined: May 26, 2010
 

Re: OT: 2020 RealGM 76ers Forum Fantasy BBall League 

Post#16 » by GoSixersBro » Today 3:01 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
GoSixersBro wrote:
76ciology wrote:So when do we start?


Tentative live draft will be Sunday, October 20 at 7:00 PM (EST).

I sent out a message on the Yahoo Fantasy App last week. If you did not see it, please read below:

Hi managers! If you haven’t been following the thread on RealGM, we are going to keep the league free entry, but will be beginning Year 1 of our first Dynasty (or Keepers) league.

I’m still working on finalizing the settings we will be using, but not much will change. Still the same 9 categories, head-to-head match-ups, 6 playoff teams, etc.

Draft will be online, randomized snake order.

Roster size will increase from 16 to 17 players (PG,SG,G,SF,PF,F,C,C,UTIL, BNx6, IRx2). More information will be provided along the way.

I have the draft set for Sunday 10/20 at 7:00 PM (EST). It’s the final Sunday before Tuesday’s first regular season games. Please let me know if this works for everyone sooner than later. Any more questions or concerns, let me know! Thanks!
- Chris (Floppers, GoSixersBro)
Is there a spot available or is the league full?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk


At this moment the league is full. I will keep you in mind if a spot opens.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers