ImageImageImage

Fantasy Trade Thread 2019-2020 Season

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

smittybanton
Sixth Man
And1: 398

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 2019-2020 Season 

Post#21 » by smittybanton » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:33 pm

the_process wrote:If the Pels will take a 2nd or two plus Neto for Hart, then yes I agree it should be done.

I don’t see NO biting on that, though.

i guess i dont see why they wouldnt. not for phi2d of course, those will be in the #50s. but we have a store of others. i dont think anybody will give the pelicans more than an early second for him. we have nyk20(2d), which should be pretty valuable.

with their depth, there's a good chance he gets straight up dnp-cds. if hart is not getting any burn, i don't see them just riding it out. plus, our needs our specific, so i'm not sure if the market for hart is all that hot. i dont think the market for any pg is all that hot. who else is really in need for anything but a backup? for all markelle's flaws, his upside is still tremendous, and he only fetched two 2nds. even if he never shoots, his other skills make him better than mcw and possibly even josh hart.

no should also be accumulating assets for trade. okc20(x20) is an attractive "fake first" because one of the 2nd round picks you actually get is during the 2020 draft class which is supposed to have two classes in it. just our luck, the pelicans have a ton of trade bait, but no extra picks in that well anticipated draft. i would be reluctant to give that up for hart. but i wouldnt be mad either.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,703

Post#22 » by the_process » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:41 pm

LloydFree wrote:
the_process wrote:If the Pels will take a 2nd or two plus Neto for Hart, then yes I agree it should be done.

I'd do that. I'd resist giving the '20 Atlanta 2nd though.

IMO, the only 2nds that they should definitely keep are the ‘20 and ‘21 NYK 2nds.

Giving that fake OKC 1st plus a salary filler (Neto or Burke) for Hart is something I’d consider as well. And that also seems more realistic to me as to what NO would be asking for.
the_process
RealGM

Post#23 » by the_process » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:44 pm

smittybanton wrote:

i guess i dont see why they wouldnt. not for phi2d of course, those will be in the #50s. but we have a store of others. i dont think anybody will give the pelicans more than an early second for him. we have nyk20(2d), which should be pretty valuable.

with their depth, there's a good chance he gets straight up dnp-cds. if hart is not getting any burn, i don't see them just riding it out. plus, our needs our specific, so i'm not sure if the market for hart is all that hot. i dont think the market for any pg is all that hot. who else is really in need for anything but a backup? for all markelle's flaws, his upside is still tremendous, and he only fetched two 2nds. even if he never shoots, his other skills make him better than mcw and possibly even josh hart.

no should also be accumulating assets for trade. okc20(x20) is an attractive "fake first" because one of the 2nd round picks you actually get is during the 2020 draft class which is supposed to have two classes in it. just our luck, the pelicans have a ton of trade bait, but no extra picks in that well anticipated draft. i would be reluctant to give that up for hart. but i wouldnt be mad either.

I could see NO biting on Burke or Neto plus that fake OKC 1st for Hart. And I could see the Sixers doing that, as well.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#24 » by LloydFree » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:31 pm

the_process wrote:
LloydFree wrote:

I'd do that. I'd resist giving the '20 Atlanta 2nd though.

IMO, the only 2nds that they should definitely keep are the ‘20 and ‘21 NYK 2nds.

Giving that fake OKC 1st plus a salary filler (Neto or Burke) for Hart is something I’d consider as well. And that also seems more realistic to me as to what NO would be asking for.

I may be wrong, but they may no longer own the Knicks '20 pick.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,080

Post#25 » by Kobblehead » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:25 pm

We should be calling up the Thunder to acquire the rights to Kevin Hervey.

6'9" 220 pound defender with spacing ability.

Hasn't logged a single NBA minute yet after being drafted towards the end of the 2nd round in 2018. So a potential steal target.

He's being represented by agent Drew Morrison. Who also reps Shake Milton and Isaiah Miles. Also reps former Sixers Robert Covington and Ish Smith. So we have a relationship with this guy. Get it done!
the_process
RealGM

Post#26 » by the_process » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:37 pm

LloydFree wrote:
the_process wrote:
LloydFree wrote:I'd do that. I'd resist giving the '20 Atlanta 2nd though.

I may be wrong, but they may no longer own the Knicks '20 pick.

According to the future draft picks owed list here, it says the Sixers have the better of the NYK/BKN 2nd in 2020. So I was just going by that.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,745

Post#27 » by Negrodamus » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:30 am

Kobblehead wrote:If we're going to trade Zhaire, flip him back to Phoenix and bring Mikal Bridges home.

Adding a rotation-ready 6'7" 210 pound F with elite defense and excellent shooting might be what puts us over the top.

Unrelated, but I know you tooted his horn in the past: would you do Zhaire for Malik Monk? Seems to fit the offense.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#28 » by Kobblehead » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:10 am

I think Monk is more talented, but I'm concerned that he has slipped out of the rotation for two different coaches in two seasons.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#29 » by Kobblehead » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:19 am

If the team gets buyer's remorse at the allstar break over the Tobias Harris extension, would you get crazy and call Minny on Wiggins?
the_process
RealGM

Post#30 » by the_process » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:36 am

Kobblehead wrote:If the team gets buyer's remorse at the allstar break over the Tobias Harris extension, would you get crazy and call Minny on Wiggins?

Not in a billion years.

Harris’ value won’t completely tank even though he is way overpaid. Some star starved team will almost certainly talk themselves into him come the summer, should he be made available, the same way the Sixers did.
cool93
Analyst
And1: 1,992

Post#31 » by cool93 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:17 am

Kobblehead wrote:If the team gets buyer's remorse at the allstar break over the Tobias Harris extension, would you get crazy and call Minny on Wiggins?
What? Why?! WHAT??

Harris is at least productive starter. Wiggins is garbage.

Sent from my G3416 using RealGM mobile app
smittybanton
Sixth Man

Post#32 » by smittybanton » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:17 pm

glad you posed the question. i like tobias harris. but if matisse is going to barnstorm the starting lineup, and if josh richardson is going to carry a substantial scoring load, the question must be asked. especially if the cap goes down because of the china situation.

that said, tobias harris has value even at that price, and other teams see what we see. so i'd pose the question differently, how many first round draft picks along with andrew wiggins wold the wolves need to give us for tobias? picking gems late is fun. but itd be nice to able to restock inthe future with some premium picks. MIN21, Josh Okogie & Wiggins?

now, of course, you all should know my preferred release valve: tobias harris <=> otto porter, kris dunn, daniel gafford. a lesser scorer and more injury prone, porter can still shoot while he is also a better defender and passer, which fits our mold. plus his contract is smaller and expires sooner.

satoransky, lavine, t.harris, l.markkanen, w.carter. that's a playoff squad in the east for several years to come.

good thing is we dont have to do anything, we can wait for teams to come to us.
smittybanton
Sixth Man

Post#33 » by smittybanton » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:46 pm

smittybanton wrote:

glad you posed the question. i like tobias harris. but if matisse is going to barnstorm the starting lineup, and if josh richardson is going to carry a substantial scoring load, the question must be asked. especially if the cap goes down because of the china situation.

that said, tobias harris has value even at that price, and other teams see what we see. so i'd pose the question differently, how many first round draft picks along with andrew wiggins wold the wolves need to give us for tobias? picking gems late is fun. but itd be nice to able to restock inthe future with some premium picks. MIN21, Josh Okogie & Wiggins?

now, of course, you all should know my preferred release valve: tobias harris <=> otto porter, kris dunn, daniel gafford. a lesser scorer and more injury prone, porter can still shoot while he is also a better defender and passer, which fits our mold. plus his contract is smaller and expires sooner.

satoransky, lavine, t.harris, l.markkanen, w.carter. that's a playoff squad in the east for several years to come.

good thing is we dont have to do anything, we can wait for teams to come to us.

more likely scenario i think is us winning the championship with matisse off the bench, then entertaining trades next summer when all teams will have more capspace but pretty much no impact free agents in the pool.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#34 » by Kobblehead » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:30 pm

I'd do either of those deals.

I'm one of the biggest Okogie fans around. I think he has "tiny version of Kawhi" potential.

Regarding the Chicago thing, I wonder if we could negotiate a reasonable extension with Porter once he came off the books. Such an ideal fit in our organization.
smittybanton
Sixth Man

Post#35 » by smittybanton » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:39 pm

zion's injury makes the pelicans' guard glut more interesting. i think jonah bolden should interest them.
strong preference for josh hart. but i'd also take etwaun moore. shoots over 40% from the bean. vet. 6'4.
kind of interested in frank jackson. but i kinda want a surer thing.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#36 » by Kobblehead » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:58 pm

smittybanton wrote:zion's injury makes the pelicans' guard glut more interesting. i think jonah bolden should interest them.
strong preference for josh hart. but i'd also take etwaun moore. shoots over 40% from the bean. vet. 6'4.
kind of interested in frank jackson. but i kinda want a surer thing.

The issue with Moore is trying to salary match his $8.6m. For what it's worth, he's highly likely to be bought out by February. I'd prefer to just wait and see if we can get him then.

I think they'll hold onto Hart because they can control him through 2021.

I'm with you on being apprehensive about Jackson. He's the most likely to be moved (given his low salary and lack of team control), but he's unproven and porous defensively. I'd probably rather just stick with Trey Burke for the role Jackson would theoretically play.

Bolden for Jackson is probably very realistic if we wanted it. I kinda view it as redecorating 10-15 roster spot, though. Not sure the move has an on-court impact.
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Post#37 » by Ericb5 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:36 am

This year we really don’t have the contracts to make a significant trade. To match over 8 mil we would have to trade Bolden and Scott for example, and I don’t want to trade rotation players for other rotation players.

We didn’t do as well as we would have liked on the buy out market last year, but I just assume waiting to try that again this year.

Could Belinelli be available again if the Spurs aren’t winning? He would be a great addition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#38 » by Kobblehead » Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:59 am

Feels like Elton Brand purposely avoided the buyout market last year because he wrongly assumed the guys he brought back in trades (Mike Scott, James Ennis, and Jonathon Simmons) could properly fill rotation minutes.

Hopefully he learned from his mistakes and actively plays the buyout market for upgrades. Because we're still relying on two of those guys. With only Ennis actually having multiple tools to give the hope of being useful. Mike Scott is an abomination and we desperately need a reserve F worth playing.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,446

Post#39 » by youngcrev » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:54 pm

Kobblehead wrote:Feels like Elton Brand purposely avoided the buyout market last year because he wrongly assumed the guys he brought back in trades (Mike Scott, James Ennis, and Jonathon Simmons) could properly fill rotation minutes.

Hopefully he learned from his mistakes and actively plays the buyout market for upgrades. Because we're still relying on two of those guys. With only Ennis actually having multiple tools to give the hope of being useful. Mike Scott is an abomination and we desperately need a reserve F worth playing.

They were connected to players in the buyout market, so I don't think he was purposely avoiding it. They knew their bench stunk. There was just more opportunity for playing time out there. Ellington and Matthews got starting jobs on playoff teams.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#40 » by Kobblehead » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:08 pm

If you're not dangling a 20 minute role in your sales pitch, I don't really consider you actively playing the market.

Brand was too optimistic on the guys he brought back in trades in filling those rotation minutes.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers