76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,345

Re: Around the League - 2019-2020 

Post#2961 » by 76ciology » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:45 am

Eyeamok wrote:
Eyeamok wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Actually i think Brown’s plan is what you just mentioned. Let Ben play point for the first 3 quarters then let Jimmy take over in the fourth. It’s sort of how you see Wade-Bron or PG-Kawhi where both guys would take turn in being primary perimeter playmaker.

Ego aside, the best way to do it is let Ben run the offense with Butler conserving his energy for the 4th quarter. Then on crunch time, you let Butler run the offense where Ben can focus on playing defense.

This is what we’ve done for the most part until the Raps series. And Ive posted here how clunky it is and how you can make it tough to work when opponents can play a big SF like Raps and Bucks can.

Agree with everything you said including Biid-Ben is already tough to fit then its harder to add Butler in the equation.

A part of me goes philosophical and thinks this is probably why most superteams are consolidated into one team after a star has an awakening that he can’t do it alone. Like KG, Bron, Wade and so forth. The problem is, Butler is a different type of player while Ben still thinks he is larger than life.

It’s also quite ironic when Jimmy Butler said how some of our team (yes, our team) are not playing for the championship but for fame and fortune. I mean.. why is he not willing to sacrifice his game to fit with Ben then?

No matter what era you play in, You can’t have two guys who are not good shooters or won’t shoot that also want to play point guard on the court at the same time.

Anyway, whether you guys agree with me or not. we can all agree that Ben has to improve on offense.

Next season, no excuses. No more blaming on Brett or with the roster. He better be a better offensive player or I can see him on the trading block heading for 2021-2022 season.

I’m not saying he has to pay. I wish him well (like everyone on this team). But I hope seeing Butler in the finals would drive him into a better player.

Who knows what motivates Ben, he has fame and a fat new contract all without learning how to shoot as a basketball player. Which is his primary mode of income. How crazy is that! It's just disappointing to see how little he has developed, the one area of his game, that has been pinpointed season after season as his most pressing weakness.

I would like to think that Ben would rise to the challenge after seeing Jimmy having such a great finals run. But he is probably not even watching the games.

I have it on good authority that Ben watched the game tonight and saw the stat line Jimmy put up and said "if the fans want me to play more like Jimmt, this stat line I can duplicate".

He’s being blanketed with the fanbase angry at the FO and his, quite honestly, empty “All NBA” team award. I’d imagine him being asked why he hasn’t improved and replying “why would i want to change my game when I’m an all NBA and all defensive team member”.

If you guys are angry at the FO, please also don’t forget to blame Ben.

Because even if you put Presti as our GM and Bill Gates as our owner, nothing will change if Normal Powell is still a better scorer than Ben.

Just think about it.. you have to decide between going to Norman Powell or Ben Simmons on who to go to for the winning basket :lol:

Ben should play the game for the championship and should have the mental toughness of Embiid and Jimmy. Ben should also be willing to listen other credible people’s (i.e Butler) criticism on his game.

The missing piece in this team is Ben. He can only be the one who can save this team.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,652

Post#2962 » by stormi » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:06 am

Ben is our best player and our savior and the best basketball player of all time. I'm ready for next season.
Rastas
Starter
And1: 1,174

Post#2963 » by Rastas » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:07 am

76ciology wrote:
the_process wrote:I do think that if this is the put up or shut up season. If they underachieve again; I imagine the Sixers will probably break up the band, so to speak.

Sixers will break up or one of Biid or Ben will ask to be traded.

That report of Biid not wanting a headcoach connected to Ben speaks a lot of volume.

I expect neither to play at their best if they are still playing together - one or both needs to go.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#2964 » by 76ciology » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:29 am

Rastas wrote:
76ciology wrote:
the_process wrote:I do think that if this is the put up or shut up season. If they underachieve again; I imagine the Sixers will probably break up the band, so to speak.

Sixers will break up or one of Biid or Ben will ask to be traded.

That report of Biid not wanting a headcoach connected to Ben speaks a lot of volume.

I expect neither to play at their best if they are still playing together - one or both needs to go.

I’d follow the program and give is 1 to 3 more seasons. I’d also stay open at the same time, be flexible to change course if I know I’m wrong or is given a better opportunity.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 10,792

Post#2965 » by eyeatoma » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:38 am

Eyeamok wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
Read on Twitter

As Jimmy pushes this to game 6, this clip should be all that you consider for why he didn't return. It's not Ben, not Joel, probably not even Brett (although I do think they had issues), it's the front office.

But you notice no one answered the question of if he is hard to work with. An indication that he is.

JJ, did answer it. He said no you're not.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,652

Post#2966 » by stormi » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:32 am

Scam Adebayo exposed as being a junior Clint Capela. Love Jimmy but thankfully that struggle grit fawn fest has concluded.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#2967 » by 76ciology » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:15 am

eyeatoma wrote:
Eyeamok wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
Read on Twitter

As Jimmy pushes this to game 6, this clip should be all that you consider for why he didn't return. It's not Ben, not Joel, probably not even Brett (although I do think they had issues), it's the front office.

But you notice no one answered the question of if he is hard to work with. An indication that he is.

Imagine what happens if JJ said yes.

I think JJ also values his life. :lol:
76ciology
RealGM

Post#2968 » by 76ciology » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:20 am

Rondo shot 40% and AD 38% from 3 in the playoffs.

Just watched game 5. Bron had a similar shot/possession at 3:47 mark of the fourth to what he had on that possession where he passed it to Green, it ended up being blocked
GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,471

Post#2969 » by GoSixersBro » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:39 pm

Rondo doesn't and will not get enough credit after it's all said and done. Dude seems to always come up big in the most important games. I remember Game 7 of the 2012 semifinals on Memorial Day when he killed our dreams.

I'll be shocked if Rondo is not a head coach one day in this league. An ultimate leader with a big basketball brain.
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,372

Post#2970 » by Eyeamok » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:39 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
Eyeamok wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
Read on Twitter

You are right he does utter those words. After he initially laughed at the question as if to say yes you are hard to work with. And JJ does not answer at all initially. Secondly when JJ did answer the question it was not a resounding no. Look at the head gesture that goes along with the answer there is a slight head nod no followed by an even smaller yes nod. It's very slight but it is there.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant

Post#2971 » by Eyeamok » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:51 pm

GoSixersBro wrote:Rondo doesn't and will not get enough credit after it's all said and done. Dude seems to always come up big in the most important games. I remember Game 7 of the 2012 semifinals on Memorial Day when he killed our dreams.

I'll be shocked if Rondo is not a head coach one day in this league. An ultimate leader with a big basketball brain.

Rondo does have a big basketball brain and he probably understand basketball inside and out. But I doubt he will ever be a head coach in the NBA. His people skills seem to be extremely weak and he does not come across as likable.

Marlo
GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,471

Post#2972 » by GoSixersBro » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:56 pm

Eyeamok wrote:
GoSixersBro wrote:Rondo doesn't and will not get enough credit after it's all said and done. Dude seems to always come up big in the most important games. I remember Game 7 of the 2012 semifinals on Memorial Day when he killed our dreams.

Rondo does have a big basketball brain and he probably understand basketball inside and out. But I doubt he will ever be a head coach in the NBA. His people skills seem to be extremely weak and he does not come across as likable.

Bobby Knight says hi.

Only joking, I know comparing the two is silly. But I think Rondo definitely could have something to offer in the league from a strategic standpoint whether as a head coach or assistant. It's nice to see players coaching their teammates out on the floor. I love when the players are huge basketball nerds and know so much about strategizing on the fly like we've seen LeBron and Kobe do for al these years.
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant

Post#2973 » by Eyeamok » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:18 pm

GoSixersBro wrote:
Eyeamok wrote:

Bobby Knight says hi.

Only joking, I know comparing the two is silly. But I think Rondo definitely could have something to offer in the league from a strategic standpoint whether as a head coach or assistant. It's nice to see players coaching their teammates out on the floor. I love when the players are huge basketball nerds and know so much about strategizing on the fly like we've seen LeBron and Kobe do for al these years.

If you read my post I said Rondo would not be an NBA coach. Key word being NBA. Could he get a job coaching at the college level probably so. Might not be division 1 but some school would take a chance at having a 2 time NBA champion PG as their coach. And it's all good, with he jokes. :beer:

You are right Rondo does have a lot to offer.

Marlo
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,667

Post#2974 » by rzzzzz » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:46 pm

76ciology wrote: Could Sixers trade Embiid to Pels for AD and Ben to Cavs for LeBron? It’s likely yes. But another thing is will they stay? But who knows..

could the Sixers have attracted LeBron as a free agent? well, no, he wouldn't even meet with them. probably only had some representation go through the motion out of respect for Ben. i read somewhere that LeBron's mate had pushed really hard for SoCa. But i got to tell you, where I live there is suddenly a lot of SoCa interest in local real estate, given the tragic mess out there.

i'm pretty sure Jimmy will discuss Embiid with Pat, wondering if that same guy who challenged LeBron and AD so hard in the 4th period of the All Star game (which was a hell of a show, for once) could be molded into what would put the Heat over the top. (Nick Nurse sure knew how to deploy him!)

i think even if we might actually want to keep JoJo and Ben, we got to see some real positive changes fast. I'm relieved we got an actual member of the club to implement at least obvious schemes for our all stars. and someone who has at least had moderate success in developing young talent. how much patience to you have to give him/it a chance? i'd give it a year. and if we don't get obvious satisfaction, **** Adam Silver and hire Sam back as a consultant and let's go nuts.
76thBearCub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,685

Post#2975 » by 76thBearCub » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:44 am

Mik317 wrote:so uh...Kobble

I thought the Lakers had no chance due to not having any shot creators?

wha happun

Find a new slant.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,011

Post#2976 » by Sixerscan » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:34 pm

Yes it’s time for a new slant, er, thread.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers