ImageImageImage

Around the League - 2019-2020

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,074

Re: Around the League - 2019-2020 

Post#1101 » by Bum Adebayo » Wed Jan 8, 2020 9:00 pm

Yeah, zero championships, overrated as ****, scoring a lot or not.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,759

Post#1102 » by 76ciology » Thu Jan 9, 2020 4:51 am

1.) sucks to be a suns fan watching Trae and Doncic tear the league up.
2.) Pels looking a very promising team.
Lonzo-Ingram-Zion-Hayes is a really nice young core.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,203

Post#1103 » by Kobblehead » Thu Jan 9, 2020 4:55 am

Trae Young out here at age 21 going bucket-for-bucket with the potential offensive GOAT.

Phenom. Go get him another star to maximize every ounce of his career.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,791

Post#1104 » by the_process » Thu Jan 9, 2020 6:51 am

It always warms my heart to see Boston lose. At home to the Spurs by 15 is an extra treat.

I would like to see Memphis sneak into that 8 seed this year. Getting JJJ and Morant and Clarke playoff seasoning this early in their career will be invaluable. And sure, it doesn't hurt that Boston will yet again get a bleh mid round pick when they all thought it was a lotto ticket. :lol:
Wilfried
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,921

Post#1105 » by Wilfried » Thu Jan 9, 2020 9:49 am

the_process wrote:It always warms my heart to see Boston lose. At home to the Spurs by 15 is an extra treat.

I would like to see Memphis sneak into that 8 seed this year. Getting JJJ and Morant and Clarke playoff seasoning this early in their career will be invaluable. And sure, it doesn't hurt that Boston will yet again get a bleh mid round pick when they all thought it was a lotto ticket. :lol:

Funny because all these picks were going to land them AD and they were going to rule the NBA for decades
mithrandir17
Veteran
And1: 1,609

Post#1106 » by mithrandir17 » Thu Jan 9, 2020 1:01 pm

About the AD max extension, teams should pursue changes in the next CBA that you should be able to offer the 5 year full max to your own player and not just the 4 year max extension. That way, if the player really wants to stay with your team, then you shouldn't have to wait 6 months to wait it out. I don't understand the difference of offering the 4 year max extension then 6 months later you can now offer the 5 year max. Ofcourse the player (AD talent level) will wait it out the 6 months so they can get more money. No other team will be able to offer the 5 year max anyway so why wait? Then if the player still declines the 5 year max then he doesn't intend to stay and you'll have options to trade that player.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#1107 » by Kobblehead » Thu Jan 9, 2020 1:54 pm

Wait, is this posturing for a trade or are the Knicks seriously viewing Marcus Morris as a longterm piece to build around?
Wilfried
Assistant Coach

Post#1108 » by Wilfried » Thu Jan 9, 2020 2:28 pm

Kobblehead wrote:Wait, is this posturing for a trade or are the Knicks seriously viewing Marcus Morris as a longterm piece to build around?

If you are in the situation/at the talent level of thr Knicks, it could be you're really thinking that way
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#1109 » by Kobblehead » Thu Jan 9, 2020 2:30 pm

Knicks falling in love with a guy having a career year at 30 is such a Knicks thing to do.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,317

Post#1110 » by Arsenal » Thu Jan 9, 2020 2:56 pm

the_process wrote:It always warms my heart to see Boston lose. At home to the Spurs by 15 is an extra treat.

It's inevitable for teams playing over their heads like Boston, Miami, Toronto etc. to start falling back to earth. They're not anywhere near as good as their records show.

We still have a good chance to end the season as the #2 seed. That starts with taking care of business in games like tonight.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#1111 » by Kobblehead » Thu Jan 9, 2020 3:18 pm

How is Boston playing over their heads? They look pretty comfortably like the best and most talented team in the East, to me.
fbalmeida
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,893

Post#1112 » by fbalmeida » Thu Jan 9, 2020 3:33 pm

Arsenal wrote:

It's inevitable for teams playing over their heads like Boston, Miami, Toronto etc. to start falling back to earth. They're not anywhere near as good as their records show.

We still have a good chance to end the season as the #2 seed. That starts with taking care of business in games like tonight.

Hello.

I'll just chime in here by adding my outlook for the East. I'd say that with the exception of the Celtics, most teams have played pretty close to their potential.

Despite crippling injuries that typically destabilize schemes and rotations, the Raptors have played winning basketball with exceptional defensive numbers:

4th best in opposition ppg;
2nd best in opposition FG%;
3rd best opposition 3pt %;
2nd best paint defence.

There's little reason to believe the Raptors should be going anywhere but up in the standings once three-fifths of their starting lineup returns from injury. I see them challenging the Heat, successfully, for the 2nd seed.

The Celtics have a really short bench offensively, the NBA's 3rd worse in output and 4th worse in 3pt %. As the season rolls on, that factor is only just beginning to take its toll. With a brutal and almost unrelenting schedule until the end of the season, I see the Celtics sliding down to the 6th seed.

This leaves the 76ers and Pacers to scrum for the 4th and 5th seed. Ultimately, I think the Pacers with Oladipo and eventually Brogdon back in, are a deeper and more balanced team.
"The Raptors will be fine." - Masai Ujiri, March 26th, 2021
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 14,018

Post#1113 » by Negrodamus » Thu Jan 9, 2020 3:42 pm

Not to heap more praise on Toronto, but here's another one of our regrets that will continue to haunt us in the East.
Wilfried
Assistant Coach

Post#1114 » by Wilfried » Thu Jan 9, 2020 3:57 pm

Kobblehead wrote:How is Boston playing over their heads? They look pretty comfortably like the best and most talented team in the East, to me.

Well, if we could win tonight, we are 3-0 against the comfortably best and most talented team in the east, so all is well I guess.
fbalmeida
Lead Assistant

Post#1115 » by fbalmeida » Thu Jan 9, 2020 4:42 pm

Negrodamus wrote:

Not to heap more praise on Toronto, but here's another one of our regrets that will continue to haunt us in the East.

TD2 is an absolute gem.
Whatever happens with the 2021 free agency scene, the Raptors will have a winning 2-way core with VanVleet, Davis, Anunoby, and Siakam.

As recently as early December, I was mocked by a foaming-at-the-mouth Bucks fan on the general board for making either statement.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,791

Post#1116 » by the_process » Thu Jan 9, 2020 4:49 pm

fbalmeida wrote:
Arsenal wrote:

Hello.

I'll just chime in here by adding my outlook for the East. I'd say that with the exception of the Celtics, most teams have played pretty close to their potential.

Despite crippling injuries that typically destabilize schemes and rotations, the Raptors have played winning basketball with exceptional defensive numbers:

2nd best paint defence.

There's little reason to believe the Raptors should be going anywhere but up in the standings once three-fifths of their starting lineup returns from injury. I see them challenging the Heat, successfully, for the 2nd seed.

The Celtics have a really short bench offensively, the NBA's 3rd worse in output and 4th worse in 3pt %. As the season rolls on, that factor is only just beginning to take its toll. With a brutal and almost unrelenting schedule until the end of the season, I see the Celtics sliding down to the 6th seed.

This leaves the 76ers and Pacers to scrum for the 4th and 5th seed. Ultimately, I think the Pacers with Oladipo and eventually Brogdon back in, are a deeper and more balanced team.

Ah, Toronto trolls. How we've missed you. At least you like to dump on Boston, too.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,468

Post#1117 » by Eyeamok » Thu Jan 9, 2020 4:49 pm

A bunch of beer throwing slugs in Boston.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

Bring on the draft

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
fbalmeida
Lead Assistant

Post#1118 » by fbalmeida » Thu Jan 9, 2020 4:57 pm

the_process wrote:
fbalmeida wrote:
Arsenal wrote:

Hello.

2nd best paint defence.

Ah, Toronto trolls. How we've missed you. At least you like to dump on Boston, too.

I've merely offered my opinion based on a few numbers and facts. If this is trolling, then report me.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,759

Post#1119 » by 76ciology » Thu Jan 9, 2020 5:45 pm

Read on Twitter
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,468

Post#1120 » by Eyeamok » Thu Jan 9, 2020 8:43 pm

76ciology wrote:
Read on Twitter

Good for him. Fultz will haunt this franchise for a while. Just a waste of valuable assets and the return on him was bad. What's funny given the same amount of minutes I am sure Trey Burke would be putting up similar if not better numbers than Fultz this season.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

Bring on the draft

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo

Return to Philadelphia 76ers