ImageImageImage

Around the League - 2019-2020

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

User avatar
76ciology
RealGM
Posts: 42,562
And1: 13,347
Joined: Jun 06, 2002
Contact:

Re: Around the League - 2019-2020 

Post#2001 » by 76ciology » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:28 am

Bolbol looked good
“Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there is absolutely no point.”
User avatar
76ciology
RealGM
Posts: 42,562
And1: 13,347
Joined: Jun 06, 2002
Contact:

Re: Around the League - 2019-2020 

Post#2002 » by 76ciology » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:03 am

We should file a copyright case against the Nuggets. They started with 5 bigs. :lol:

Jokic
Milsap
Jerami Grant
Plumlee
Bolbol
“Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there is absolutely no point.”
Kobblehead
RealGM
Posts: 30,623
And1: 12,744
Joined: Apr 15, 2010
 

Re: Around the League - 2019-2020 

Post#2003 » by Kobblehead » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:51 am

Bol Bol is basically Jaren Jackson without the ideal body. Very similar offensive and defensive games. No doubt he's going to be a good NBA player. It's just whether or not he has the durability to last and if he can hold up defensively, beyond blocking shots.
User avatar
76ciology
RealGM
Posts: 42,562
And1: 13,347
Joined: Jun 06, 2002
Contact:

Re: Around the League - 2019-2020 

Post#2004 » by 76ciology » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:14 pm

Been looking at the bigs and their 3pt shooting numbers. I’ve pointed out how guys like Al and Biid’s shooting numbers are considered elite for the C position.

Against the Grizz. We saw Dieng and Valanciunas jacking up 3s. Giannis has been jacking ALOT for his ability.

And it just seems every game there are atleast a handful of 3s from guys who aren’t really shooters. And feels like at some point somebody is going to dig deep in these type of shots, categorize them and give them a label.
“Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there is absolutely no point.”
Kobblehead
RealGM
Posts: 30,623
And1: 12,744
Joined: Apr 15, 2010
 

Re: Around the League - 2019-2020 

Post#2005 » by Kobblehead » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:21 pm

Regardless of position or skill level, the probability of an uncontested shot going in is still greater than a contested one. Most teams are taking their bigs away from the dunker's spot and having them stand on the perimeter. The result is more attempts and makes from non-traditional shooters.
User avatar
76ciology
RealGM
Posts: 42,562
And1: 13,347
Joined: Jun 06, 2002
Contact:

Re: Around the League - 2019-2020 

Post#2006 » by 76ciology » Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:44 am

What can you say about the games in the “bubble” so far?

If feels like a very FIBA or Vegas Summer league environment.

It’s OK for me so far. But I think they should put in game crowd noises specially in the playoffs.

I feel like one of the reason why teams have made comebacks against us is because there’s just no psychological pressure when you are down big and the crowd is against you. It’s so silent so you can’t get demoralized and you can reset your composure.

Try watching an old warriors playoffs game with steph and the gang raining threes and it feelS like it’s the entire arena going to charge at you. The pressure is just on a way different level.

If there’s one big lesson for us in the last two games, it would be this.
“Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there is absolutely no point.”
Monix
Junior
Posts: 310
And1: 194
Joined: Jan 20, 2017

Re: Around the League - 2019-2020 

Post#2007 » by Monix » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:58 pm

there is no way to replicate 20K rabid fans - pumped in crowd noise ain't gonna do it

players need to adapt to the environment
User avatar
Mik317
RealGM
Posts: 29,016
And1: 9,390
Joined: May 31, 2005
Location: In your head....you have issues breh
       

Re: Around the League - 2019-2020 

Post#2008 » by Mik317 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:02 pm

its hard to tell anything from a scrimmage; when games start to matter is when we will get a true grasp of things
#NeverGonnaBeGood
LloydFree
RealGM
Posts: 13,731
And1: 9,720
Joined: Aug 20, 2012
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Re: Around the League - 2019-2020 

Post#2009 » by LloydFree » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:57 pm

Kobblehead wrote:Bol Bol is basically Jaren Jackson without the ideal body. Very similar offensive and defensive games. No doubt he's going to be a good NBA player. It's just whether or not he has the durability to last and if he can hold up defensively, beyond blocking shots.

Bol Bol is a better ball handler and has much better shooting potential than Jaren Jackson. Defensively, I don't think he'll be able to hold up, but as long as they just station him under the basket, he can affect the game.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
Posts: 30,690
And1: 12,849
Joined: Jan 25, 2005

Re: Around the League - 2019-2020 

Post#2010 » by Sixerscan » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:57 am

76ciology wrote:What can you say about the games in the “bubble” so far?

If feels like a very FIBA or Vegas Summer league environment.

It’s OK for me so far. But I think they should put in game crowd noises specially in the playoffs.

I feel like one of the reason why teams have made comebacks against us is because there’s just no psychological pressure when you are down big and the crowd is against you. It’s so silent so you can’t get demoralized and you can reset your composure.

Try watching an old warriors playoffs game with steph and the gang raining threes and it feelS like it’s the entire arena going to charge at you. The pressure is just on a way different level.

If there’s one big lesson for us in the last two games, it would be this.


True for road games but not home games? Like that was theoretically a "home" game for OKC. Teams aren't gonna have the same home court advantage but that's balanced out by not having to play 3 road games.

If a series goes 7 and the "road" team wins it seems fair to question if the result would have been different. Otherwise it's just the world we're living in.

Seemed like the comebacks happened because the Sixers took the starters out though. Plus just the variability of the 3 ball. Like the thunder missed something like 19 straight 3s in the middle of the game then couldn't miss towards the end.
User avatar
76ciology
RealGM
Posts: 42,562
And1: 13,347
Joined: Jun 06, 2002
Contact:

Re: Around the League - 2019-2020 

Post#2011 » by 76ciology » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:18 am

Sixerscan wrote:
76ciology wrote:What can you say about the games in the “bubble” so far?

If feels like a very FIBA or Vegas Summer league environment.

It’s OK for me so far. But I think they should put in game crowd noises specially in the playoffs.

I feel like one of the reason why teams have made comebacks against us is because there’s just no psychological pressure when you are down big and the crowd is against you. It’s so silent so you can’t get demoralized and you can reset your composure.

Try watching an old warriors playoffs game with steph and the gang raining threes and it feelS like it’s the entire arena going to charge at you. The pressure is just on a way different level.

If there’s one big lesson for us in the last two games, it would be this.


True for road games but not home games? Like that was theoretically a "home" game for OKC. Teams aren't gonna have the same home court advantage but that's balanced out by not having to play 3 road games.

If a series goes 7 and the "road" team wins it seems fair to question if the result would have been different. Otherwise it's just the world we're living in.

Seemed like the comebacks happened because the Sixers took the starters out though. Plus just the variability of the 3 ball. Like the thunder missed something like 19 straight 3s in the middle of the game then couldn't miss towards the end.


Actually it can go either way between your thinking and mine.

But in the end i think it’s undeniable how much of a factor a home crowd is in a playoff game. I just feel like it’s easier to “reset” mentally and think with better clarity when it’s this quiet.

And who knows.. we’ve never seen a playoff game in the bubble.
“Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there is absolutely no point.”
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
Posts: 30,690
And1: 12,849
Joined: Jan 25, 2005

Re: Around the League - 2019-2020 

Post#2012 » by Sixerscan » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:45 pm

76ciology wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:
76ciology wrote:What can you say about the games in the “bubble” so far?

If feels like a very FIBA or Vegas Summer league environment.

It’s OK for me so far. But I think they should put in game crowd noises specially in the playoffs.

I feel like one of the reason why teams have made comebacks against us is because there’s just no psychological pressure when you are down big and the crowd is against you. It’s so silent so you can’t get demoralized and you can reset your composure.

Try watching an old warriors playoffs game with steph and the gang raining threes and it feelS like it’s the entire arena going to charge at you. The pressure is just on a way different level.

If there’s one big lesson for us in the last two games, it would be this.


True for road games but not home games? Like that was theoretically a "home" game for OKC. Teams aren't gonna have the same home court advantage but that's balanced out by not having to play 3 road games.

If a series goes 7 and the "road" team wins it seems fair to question if the result would have been different. Otherwise it's just the world we're living in.

Seemed like the comebacks happened because the Sixers took the starters out though. Plus just the variability of the 3 ball. Like the thunder missed something like 19 straight 3s in the middle of the game then couldn't miss towards the end.


Actually it can go either way between your thinking and mine.

But in the end i think it’s undeniable how much of a factor a home crowd is in a playoff game. I just feel like it’s easier to “reset” mentally and think with better clarity when it’s this quiet.

And who knows.. we’ve never seen a playoff game in the bubble.


Not denying a home crowd is a factor at a playoff game I’m just saying that losing the benefit you get for the home games is probably balanced out by not having to deal with the other team’s crowd when you are on the road. It’s not like all of the games were at one team’s arena before.
User avatar
76ciology
RealGM
Posts: 42,562
And1: 13,347
Joined: Jun 06, 2002
Contact:

Re: Around the League - 2019-2020 

Post#2013 » by 76ciology » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:42 pm

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bendowsett/2020/06/29/rudy-goberts-improved-perimeter-defense-is-an-major-tool-for-the-utah-jazz/

Man.. didnt know Gobert made a leap on defense until this article. Warriors usually opts to burn him at the perimeter during the playoffs. Nevertheless, just bring him out and Jazz interior defense is as weak as it gets
“Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there is absolutely no point.”
User avatar
76ciology
RealGM
Posts: 42,562
And1: 13,347
Joined: Jun 06, 2002
Contact:

Re: Around the League - 2019-2020 

Post#2014 » by 76ciology » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:40 am

After watching the Lakers Clippers game and observed how often Lakers play with either McGee or D12..

‪Anthony Davis:‬
‪Career average at PF: 47% of the time‬
‪2019-2020 at PF: 62% of the time‬
“Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there is absolutely no point.”
User avatar
76ciology
RealGM
Posts: 42,562
And1: 13,347
Joined: Jun 06, 2002
Contact:

Re: Around the League - 2019-2020 

Post#2015 » by 76ciology » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:29 am



Looks special
“Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there is absolutely no point.”
User avatar
Mik317
RealGM
Posts: 29,016
And1: 9,390
Joined: May 31, 2005
Location: In your head....you have issues breh
       

Re: Around the League - 2019-2020 

Post#2016 » by Mik317 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:09 pm

caught that L tho.

And bungled the last possessions.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
Kobblehead
RealGM
Posts: 30,623
And1: 12,744
Joined: Apr 15, 2010
 

Re: Around the League - 2019-2020 

Post#2017 » by Kobblehead » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:21 pm

Even though he's not the two-way player that Simmons is, it is extremely frustrating to see Ingram as a fully-realized offensive star. You can't help but wonder how dominant the Embiid/Ingram duo would be right now. We could possibly be title favorites in the East.
User avatar
stormi
Senior
Posts: 684
And1: 445
Joined: Jun 04, 2019
 

Re: Around the League - 2019-2020 

Post#2018 » by stormi » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:21 pm

Ingram on this team and both our offense and defense get worse
youngcrev
RealGM
Posts: 21,589
And1: 4,034
Joined: Jun 12, 2005
Location: Philadelphia(ish)
   

Re: Around the League - 2019-2020 

Post#2019 » by youngcrev » Sat Aug 1, 2020 2:12 am

Trey Burke looking good in this game right now.

Are we sure Burks/GRIII was an upgrade over Burke/Ennis?
User avatar
Mik317
RealGM
Posts: 29,016
And1: 9,390
Joined: May 31, 2005
Location: In your head....you have issues breh
       

Re: Around the League - 2019-2020 

Post#2020 » by Mik317 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 2:32 am

good thing we kept Neto tho
#NeverGonnaBeGood

Return to Philadelphia 76ers