ImageImageImage

Game 29: Heat @ Sixers - 7 pm EST

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

brannigan73
Rookie
And1: 615

Re: Game 29: Heat @ Sixers - 7 pm EST 

Post#161 » by brannigan73 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:07 am

Mik317 wrote:Embiid has that Iverson ability to have a **** night and still put up numbers somehow.

dude had 22 and 19 and played like he was on Quaaludes.

imagine not making things easier for that type of player. I need to see Embiid with actual spacing and a guy who can get him easier looks before his body dies. we won't tho. FO will just sign another guy who likes to post up because yolo

He also shot 8-19 because he took a lot of lazy outside shots. Embiid didnt play well either. This was a team loss. Did you like that **** finger-roll that got swatted in the fourth that cost us two crucial points? We are stuck with a roster that is incapable of doing anything but winning 50-53 games and not getting to the finals. Would be ok if we hadn't had that for two years already.
Seabass777
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,723

Post#162 » by Seabass777 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:19 am

Great win by the Heat, hard fought game down the stretch for both teams, but in the end we just wanted it more, and it showed.
"Til the last second...Til the last man... We Fight! We Fight! We Fight!"-Together We Rise. #HEATLifer...
Spintown
Starter
And1: 2,667

Post#163 » by Spintown » Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:23 am

kuclas wrote:
Spintown wrote:Embiid getting punked by Bam is Embarrassing

Bam had a good offensive game. But Miami went to the zone to protect Bam all game. Bam really never defended embiid. He’s simply not strong enough to defend embiid.

BAM had a key block on Embiid down the stretch. All in all no excuses are acceptable here.

This was the team that was supposed to far beyond everyone else in the east.
Jhawk03
Pro Prospect
And1: 341

Post#164 » by Jhawk03 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:30 am

I cant stop watching the last 12 seconds, been replaying it over and over and over. A Horford semi contested three?? Would of rather went for the tie, literally nobody was underneath the basket on that play. Coulda been an easy 2 points but whatever
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,290

Post#165 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:41 am

LeonJordanJr24 wrote:Put Simmons in the dunk spot ... Utilize his interior passing, driving, jump hooks, fadeaways a d **** near the **** basket not 20 ft away.

He was in the dunkers spot all game when he didnt have the ball :lol:

You beat a 2-3 zone giving the ball to a guy at the foul line with cutters/spacers on the wings and corners, the problem was that Simmons was always on the block whenever someone caught the ball at the freethrow line. They had to move Embiid even further away from the basket to the top of the key to beat the zone, because Simmons just wouldn't move from that spot.

The Sixers have inverted their offense to suit Simmons, you're not beating good teams playing through Simmons on the block vs a set zone.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,687

Post#166 » by stormi » Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:59 am

LeonJordanJr24 wrote:Put Simmons in the dunk spot ... Utilize his interior passing, driving, jump hooks, fadeaways a d **** near the **** basket not 20 ft away.

I'm against this. Embiid has to be planted down low. I just can't watch him settling for 3's anymore when he should be dominating down low against anybody
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,687

Post#167 » by stormi » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:01 am

Seabass777 wrote:Great win by the Heat, hard fought game down the stretch for both teams, but in the end we just wanted it more, and it showed.

Good game. Would love to matchup again in the playoffs.

I'm always envious of the Heat for how they seemingly just pluck effective players out of thin air. They did it before with J Rich and TyJo and now again with Nunn and Robinson. Okpala is a sleeper and Herro looks like a really nice pick. Hoping Shayok can be that for us.
kingofthecourt67
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,549

Post#168 » by kingofthecourt67 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:35 am

Jhawk03 wrote:I cant stop watching the last 12 seconds, been replaying it over and over and over. A Horford semi contested three?? Would of rather went for the tie, literally nobody was underneath the basket on that play. Coulda been an easy 2 points but whatever

Richardson has a open cut lane. Disappointing he didn’t take it.
ConstableChaos
Junior
And1: 206

Post#169 » by ConstableChaos » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:00 am

Am I the only one that thinks if Philly nail their open shots (Scott, JRich) they win this pretty handily?

Heat also hit some BS 3's - DunRob hand in his face twice and DJones Jr a dagger.

Thats basketball - but just quietly a playoff series between these 2 would be dynamite
Kova
Veteran
And1: 711

Post#170 » by Kova » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:03 am

This is the first time I'm going to put the blame on the coach. Teams will obviously start playing zone more and more against us, so how are we going to adjust. We've seen it against Nets, now again, and it killed us. Do something. Also, when our 3 is not falling, we are so easy to defend against.
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,965

Post#171 » by ankle420breaker » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:16 pm

Couldn't recover from that 2nd quarter. I thought Mike Scott played way too much. I get that we were trying to zone bust, but we have to seek alternative resources when his shot just isn't falling. I would've preferred sliding Harris to the 4 and playing Thybulle heavier minutes.

Probably the win of the year if that Horford shot falls. Oh well.... Miami hit some impossible threes and got it done.

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
Ray1982
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#172 » by Ray1982 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:43 pm

ConstableChaos wrote:Am I the only one that thinks if Philly nail their open shots (Scott, JRich) they win this pretty handily?

Heat also hit some BS 3's - DunRob hand in his face twice and DJones Jr a dagger.

Thats basketball - but just quietly a playoff series between these 2 would be dynamite
The Miami Heat are your classic case of an average talent team that overachievers in the regular season because of good coaching and hard play. They really are no threat in the playoffs and will be out in the first round. Talent always takes over in the playoffs and they’re about average talent wise.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,009

Post#173 » by Bum Adebayo » Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:18 pm

Ray1982 wrote:
ConstableChaos wrote:Am I the only one that thinks if Philly nail their open shots (Scott, JRich) they win this pretty handily?

The Miami Heat are your classic case of an average talent team that overachievers in the regular season because of good coaching and hard play. They really are no threat in the playoffs and will be out in the first round. Talent always takes over in the playoffs and they’re about average talent wise.

That is a good thing though. Overachieving with average talent has more merit, what is not good is underachieving with elite talent.
Great takes since 2024-04-20
Ray1982
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#174 » by Ray1982 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:23 pm

Bum Adebayo wrote:
Ray1982 wrote:

That is a good thing though. Overachieving with average talent has more merit, what is not good is underachieving with elite talent.

Miami plays hard they are a cute little team
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,828

Post#175 » by XtremeDunkz » Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:57 pm

Yeah Miami will fold in the playoffs that's not a question. Just like the nets last year, they can get hot but it's not sustainable.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,194

Post#176 » by ProcessDoctor » Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:40 pm

We need a scoring guard in the worst way.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
Ukphillyfan76
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#177 » by Ukphillyfan76 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:07 pm

XtremeDunkz wrote:Yeah Miami will fold in the playoffs that's not a question. Just like the nets last year, they can get hot but it's not sustainable.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

First home loss, had to happen at some point, disappointing though because I believe we’re a superior team. Agree we beat MIA in a playoff series. I want to see Embiid down on block more but this can’t happen consistently while Ben won’t let it go? Kills me...
Ukphillyfan76
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#178 » by Ukphillyfan76 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:12 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:We need a scoring guard in the worst way.

Amen. Suggestions how we get this done?
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,194

Post#179 » by ProcessDoctor » Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:18 pm

Ukphillyfan76 wrote:

Short-term I don't think there are a ton of options. D Rose might become available, but Detroit is vying for a playoff spot so I doubt they give him up. Patty Mills is an option, but matching his $14 mil salary would be difficult.

Long-term, plenty of options IMO. Lavine, DLO, CJ, Beal, and J Murray. Booker is off the table unless he demands a trade. I don't imagine us targeting any of them until the offseason. If we fall short of a Finals appearance, I think we get a new coach and they help dictate who we target and who we trade between Tobi, Al, or Ben.

I think what eventually gets us over the hump is acquiring a new coach and lead guard. As things stand, I think we're close to our ceiling with BB and the current roster.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,811

Post#180 » by Negrodamus » Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:29 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:
Ukphillyfan76 wrote:

Short-term I don't think there are a ton of options. D Rose might become available, but Detroit is vying for a playoff spot so I doubt they give him up. Patty Mills is an option, but matching his $14 mil salary would be difficult.

Long-term, plenty of options IMO. Lavine, DLO, CJ, Beal, and J Murray. Booker is off the table unless he demands a trade. I don't imagine us targeting any of them until the offseason. If we fall short of a Finals appearance, I think we get a new coach and they help dictate who we target and who we trade between Tobi, Al, or Ben.

I think what eventually gets us over the hump is acquiring a new coach and lead guard. As things stand, I think we're close to our ceiling with BB and the current roster.

I highly doubt Brett wants to add a scoring guard unless he's a positive on defense, a la Butler. Purely scoring guards doesn't feel like Brett's MO, especially given how seldom we see Trey Burke. I agree, it's going to take a new coach for this to happen.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers