Game 30: Mavericks @ Sixers - 8 pm EST

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,957

Re: Game 30: Mavericks @ Sixers - 8 pm EST 

Post#201 » by ankle420breaker » Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:18 am

XtremeDunkz wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:Yikes, Simmons is getting absolutely destroyed on twitter by pretty much everyone.
He posted an ad for spotify on Instagram literally right after the game. Shortly after disabled comments on the post. He sees it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I'd be lying if I didn't question Ben's awareness at times. I'm sure most followers would prefer not to see frame by frame pictures of you getting out of your exotic cars every week when you're amid a disappointing season.

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,798

Post#202 » by XtremeDunkz » Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:20 am

ankle420breaker wrote:
XtremeDunkz wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:Yikes, Simmons is getting absolutely destroyed on twitter by pretty much everyone.
He posted an ad for spotify on Instagram literally right after the game. Shortly after disabled comments on the post. He sees it.

I'd be lying if I didn't question Ben's awareness at times. I'm sure most followers would prefer not to see frame by frame pictures of you getting out of your exotic cars every week when you're amid a disappointing season.

I honestly think he doesn't care. He's about the lifestyle and the money. He got the big money now so he doesn't give a F.

10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
Jhawk03
Pro Prospect
And1: 338

Post#203 » by Jhawk03 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:33 am

Guys, what are we even talking about here?

Is Ben Simmons our future pg, YES OR NO? To hell with Twitter, to hell with a poll. Is he our pg?
FlyingArrow
Starter
And1: 1,431

Post#204 » by FlyingArrow » Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:52 am

Jhawk03 wrote:Guys, what are we even talking about here?

Is Ben Simmons our future pg, YES OR NO? To hell with Twitter, to hell with a poll. Is he our pg?

Are you asking us our opinions? Isn't that a poll?
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man
And1: 540

Post#205 » by DJ_3_Ball » Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:16 am

What do you guys think of Seth Curry?

I'm convinced the Mavs are hell bent on keeping the roster as is, and one thing is for sure Carlisle has his way & his guys rarely move. Devin Harris at 2018's trade deadline being a notable exception.

Still, it's abundantly clear the Sixers need shooting. I'm thinking they make a deal with New Orleans and get Redick back. Although, I'd like to see the Sixers acquire Bertans from Washington (I don't believe the he's not available nonsense. Just negotiating tactics if you ask me).

If I'm the Mavs, I want a 1st round pick back, Zhaire Smith and Mike Scott to make the salaries match.

I realize that's an overpay, but Sixers hand is exposed. Everyone knows they need shooting & they know the Sixers' timeline is now. I don't see how Philly acquires a premiere shooter without overpaying.

Like I said, I don't see Seth even being available because the Mavs tend to really overvalue "their guys", but just gauging other fan base's opinions. Thanks.
Jhawk03
Pro Prospect

Post#206 » by Jhawk03 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:22 am

FlyingArrow wrote:
Jhawk03 wrote:Guys, what are we even talking about here?

Are you asking us our opinions? Isn't that a poll?

Does it look like a poll? I mean my God what the hell is wrong with this fanbase?
Jhawk03
Pro Prospect

Post#207 » by Jhawk03 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:46 am

DJ_3_Ball wrote:What do you guys think of Seth Curry?

I'm convinced the Mavs are hell bent on keeping the roster as is, and one thing is for sure Carlisle has his way & his guys rarely move. Devin Harris at 2018's trade deadline being a notable exception.

Still, it's abundantly clear the Sixers need shooting. I'm thinking they make a deal with New Orleans and get Redick back. Although, I'd like to see the Sixers acquire Bertans from Washington (I don't believe the he's not available nonsense. Just negotiating tactics if you ask me).

If I'm the Mavs, I want a 1st round pick back, Zhaire Smith and Mike Scott to make the salaries match.

I realize that's an overpay, but Sixers hand is exposed. Everyone knows they need shooting & they know the Sixers' timeline is now. I don't see how Philly acquires a premiere shooter without overpaying.

Like I said, I don't see Seth even being available because the Mavs tend to really overvalue "their guys", but just gauging other fan base's opinions. Thanks.

If anyone has been listening or paying attention, the overpay is overwith. This team is in no position to make any deals period.
Lou_23
Bench Warmer
And1: 724

Post#208 » by Lou_23 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:52 am

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
There were reports that Brand wanted to trade Simmons but got shot down, everyone dismissed the rumors but it wouldn't be that surprising if it were true.

What?????? I have never seen these reports.

Brand is an amateur. He and Colangelo destroyed the process with terrible moves.
brannigan73
Rookie
And1: 600

Post#209 » by brannigan73 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:37 am

Brett Brown and Ben run this franchise if you dont like it tough toenails. Ownership cares mainly about ticket sales and merchandise sales which are both through the roof. You dont get better by replacing Jimmy Butler and JJ Redick with Al Horford and Richardson especially with Horford playing out of position for large stretches. I expect mount Embiid to erupt soon if they dont start winning consistently. This team has been run awfully since Sam was forced out. The chickens are coming home to roost all those bad decisions and catering so much to Ben. Ben has rewarded them with his worse season as a pro so far. If he was on the first year of his extension, and not the last season of his rookie deal, I would trade him for Jrue Holiday in a heartbeat or Spencer Dinwiddie plus Joe Harris and never look back.
Aussiepiston1
Bench Warmer
And1: 278

Post#210 » by Aussiepiston1 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:29 am

We honestly have to trade j rich, Zaire and mike Scott for Jrue Holiday
Make Horford come off the bench like ibaka and start thybulle next to Jrue.
Move Ben to power forward.
Jrue/Thybulle/Harris/Ben/Jojo
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,004

Post#211 » by Bum Adebayo » Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:55 am

Glad people can finally see this farce about Brett coddling Simmons, and the later not giving a **** after getting his shiny max contract. I was telling people long ago but I was treated like I was crazy.
Horrible takes since 2016
PhillyFan11
Rookie
And1: 444

Post#212 » by PhillyFan11 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:36 pm

At some point this HAS to be put on coaching. We are getting dominated by a simple 2-3 zone and there’s no counter punch to it what so ever. We just keep failing at the same thing.

And while Ben certainly needs to play better, it can’t be understated how bad of a signing Horford was to only exacerbate the spacing situation. It was painfully obviously and somehow the people making the decisions for this team couldn’t see it. THAT to me is the scariest part of this whole thing, if the architect doesn’t know what he’s doing it’s hard to build anything. And now we have about 0 roster flexibility...should be fun
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,446

Post#213 » by youngcrev » Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:51 pm

DJ_3_Ball wrote:What do you guys think of Seth Curry?

I wanted to go after Curry this summer, but he got a lot more money than I expected (I was thinking he'd get something similar to what we have Scott). The Sixers need shooting, but I'd be surprised if they were willing to give up that type of package for Seth. Just playing the fantasy trade game, I could maybe see Zhaire/Bolden/OKC 1st
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,900

Post#214 » by kuclas » Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:02 pm

I think Ben is playing too many minutes. He played 44 on Wednesday as well. Brett should experiment seeing if he can stagger Embiid and Burke for at least 15 minutes. Give Ben extended breaks in the end of first and end of third quarter. You can see yesterday Burke was rusty when he came in. He finally shot the open 3 pointer. Do something to counter act the zone defense.

It’s hurting the morale of the team and it spills over to the defense. Embiid allowing 3 dribble drives past him for dunks/layup. That’s inexcusable. Sure he’s slower. But no help defense either. Other teams rotate over to help.

Lack of effort.

Where is Shake Milton?

Opponents know our half court offense is crap. Outside of throwing the ball into embiid. If he gets position deep. It’s over. But he doesn’t do it all the time. They are fine letting him take 15 foot jump shots. And he doesn’t make quick decisions when double team.

We have to do something. Simmons and embiid cannot co exist. Not in this modern nba. One or the other has to go.
XDevilBoiX
Head Coach
And1: 2,481

Post#215 » by XDevilBoiX » Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:57 pm

Lou_23 wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
There were reports that Brand wanted to trade Simmons but got shot down, everyone dismissed the rumors but it wouldn't be that surprising if it were true.

What?????? I have never seen these reports.

Brand is an amateur. He and Colangelo destroyed the process with terrible moves.

It starts from the top, Harris destroyed the process. The leadership from this organization stinks, they have no idea what they’re doing. Constant changes from year to year yet we get the same results.
shlo
Junior
And1: 247

Post#216 » by shlo » Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:22 pm

DaSixers wrote:
Black Mage wrote:Has Ben shown any type of euro-step?

no, he has no ability to change direction quickly, step around guys and finish off balance. All he has is full head of steam dunk, nothing else

he is this generations dwight howard. Only good because of god given size and athleticism. Very little between the ears, no work ethic, and very very little basketball skill

Not the head case Howard is, but yes on most of these points.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,004

Post#217 » by Bum Adebayo » Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:35 pm

Dwight was way more impactful in his prime, and even at the same age, we will see if Simmons will get to that level.
But I disagree about the skill part, Simmons is way more skilled than Dwight ever was and his basketball IQ is miles ahead. he should be a better player only based on this, but he isn't, and that is the problem. He has to be one of the biggest underachievers in NBA history.
Horrible takes since 2016
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,084

Post#218 » by Kobblehead » Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:40 pm

Dwight? Nah, I think it feels like Ben is this gen's Josh Smith, as I've been pointing out. The numbers are identical and there's a lot of skillset, size, athleticism overlap.
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,957

Post#219 » by ankle420breaker » Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:08 pm

Remember when Ben used to regularly get triple doubles?

Embiid P
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,070

Post#220 » by Embiid P » Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:24 pm

I'm telling you that losing to the Raps in seven on a miraculous buzzer beating shot was probably the worst possible outcome for this team last year. Not only did they not advance, but they deluded themselves into thinking that Brown was good enough to take them to the next level so they chose to keep him while Simmons hasn't improved at all. They would have been better off in the long run getting swept IMO.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers