ImageImageImage

Game 33: Bucks @ Sixers - 7 pm EST

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,761

Re: Game 33: Bucks @ Sixers - 7 pm EST 

Post#221 » by mjkvol » Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:31 pm

I thought going in that these Sixers were built for this kind of game, and for short, tough playoff series. Everyone expecting them to all of a sudden play like this night in and night out - it ain't happening. This is the opposite of a team that rolls through the regular season and can't compete when the game slows down and gets more physical in the playoffs.

They might only be a 3 or 4 seed (I'm guessing 2), but by the time the playoffs roll around I would expect this group to be a brutal out for anyone they face. I'd love to see Brand add a shooter or two, but other than that this is going to be a group that lives and dies on the defensive end. I can't imagine that anyone will want to see the Sixers come playoff time.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
kriss73
Analyst
And1: 1,803

Post#222 » by kriss73 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:07 pm

phillynative wrote:
kriss73 wrote:Two things were on display yesterday:
1. We have the tools to slow down Giannis
2. We need one more shooter to comfortably beat the zone defense.

Imho Thybulle is the key for the match up with the Celtics and Kork for the matchup with the Bucks[/quote]

How are those players important to those matchups?
In my opinion Matisse is one of the keys to guard Kemba and the plethora of wings playing for Boston.
On the other end, Kork is currently one of the keys to break up the zone.
And the Bucks will use a ton of zone against us in the post season.
Adam Silver wrote:"Gross incompetence is acceptable; strategic gaming of a flawed system is not."
Worm122
Senior
And1: 91

Post#223 » by Worm122 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:27 pm

Another easy win that almost turned to a loss, I can rely on this % of 3 points because we are not gonna be hot all the games we need more shoothing
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,682

Post#224 » by phillynative » Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:29 pm

kriss73 wrote:
phillynative wrote:
kriss73 wrote:Two things were on display yesterday:
1. We have the tools to slow down Giannis
2. We need one more shooter to comfortably beat the zone defense.

Imho Thybulle is the key for the match up with the Celtics and Kork for the matchup with the Bucks[/quote]

How are those players important to those matchups?
In my opinion Matisse is one of the keys to guard Kemba and the plethora of wings playing for Boston.
On the other end, Kork is currently one of the keys to break up the zone.
And the Bucks will use a ton of zone against us in the post season.

Good Point
Ray1982
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#225 » by Ray1982 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:03 pm

Like to see that intensity every game but I can a lose coming tomorrow in Orlando.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,372

Post#226 » by Eyeamok » Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:40 pm

Worm122 wrote:Another easy win that almost turned to a loss, I can rely on this % of 3 points because we are not gonna be hot all the games we need more shoothing

Last season the 76ers would have lost that game. Think of all the blown leads last season that ended up in 76ers losses. Now think of all the blown leads this year that still end up in 76ers wins. That my man is progress. :lol:
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,372

Post#227 » by Eyeamok » Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:45 pm

ConstableChaos wrote:
kuclas wrote:
ConstableChaos wrote:Simmons with a sneaky 15pt (7/10), 7brs 14 ast 2 to 3 stl 2 blk against the number one seed and spending the majority of the game with a DPOTY candidate on him.

Giannis barley guarding Simmons. He’s more the roamer when Simmons in the half court. So i wouldn’t put much into whoever is guarding Simmons.

Simmons game is transition offense which he had a few excellent passes and finishes. He said beat Giannis off the dribble in one half court set. But that’s because embiid draws so much attention. Even the announcers pointed it out.

But overall a good game by Simmons. Not much to complain about.

Heck embiid was on fire. He was at one point 11 for 16? He missed his final 5 shots. The entire sixers team went cold after they took the 29 point lead. I was having flashbacks of the blown 19 point lead against denver earlier this year. When Milwaukee crept back into the game in single digits. But Harris 3 sealed it essentially.

Sixers just like to make it interesting. Can’t put teams away until literally the final 60 seconds it seems. No lead is safe with the sixers.

Massive help that everyone in the team hits shots, and alos Embiid looking like the DPOTY.

If Simmons is the maestro and all the sections are playing perfectly, you get an opera.

If Simmons needs to pick up an instrument, it's like a middle schoolers music recital

In the month of December you may have made the best explanation of Simmons game as we head to the end of the year.

Good job sir! :lol:
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
Ray1982
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#228 » by Ray1982 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:02 pm

Embiid was terrific in the first half but it’s obvious he’s not in shape he was a non factor in the second half. Still think he needs to drop 15 pounds or so.
thenbaman
Sixth Man
And1: 537

Post#229 » by thenbaman » Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:48 pm

Embiid is fine the sixers will destroy the magic.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#230 » by LloydFree » Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:43 pm

VDT wrote:With the way they pack the paint and with how we defend Giannis it feels that the games with the Bucks will be basically a 3 point contest.

That's how all Bucks games are played. They force the opposing team's Bigs to take an uncomfortable amount of 3's and hope they either stop attempting them, or start missing them. The last few games the 76ers have played them, it's clear that it's a point of emphasis in the game plan, for Embiid to shoot 3's without hesitation. Against any other team, Embiid would stop shooting after going 0-2 early in the 1st quarter, but with the Bucks you have to keep shooting because that's what they give you.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Embiid P
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,069

Post#231 » by Embiid P » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:59 pm

thenbaman wrote:Embiid is fine the sixers will destroy the magic.

Will he play against the Magic with the Heat tomorrow night? I have my doubts.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 10,792

Post#232 » by eyeatoma » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:15 pm

Embiid P wrote:
thenbaman wrote:Embiid is fine the sixers will destroy the magic.

Will he play against the Magic with the Heat tomorrow night? I have my doubts.
Yup. Doubt away.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,011

Post#233 » by Sixerscan » Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:38 pm

LloydFree wrote:
VDT wrote:With the way they pack the paint and with how we defend Giannis it feels that the games with the Bucks will be basically a 3 point contest.

That's how all Bucks games are played. They force the opposing team's Bigs to take an uncomfortable amount of 3's and hope they either stop attempting them, or start missing them. The last few games the 76ers have played them, it's clear that it's a point of emphasis in the game plan, for Embiid to shoot 3's without hesitation. Against any other team, Embiid would stop shooting after going 0-2 early in the 1st quarter, but with the Bucks you have to keep shooting because that's what they give you.

Between that and their constant chucking of threes on the other end they play a very weird brand of basketball. It's basically what people complain about with the modern game, but because of Giannis they don't seem to get the hate that the Rockets get.

Anyway this was a very fun game that reinforces that the Sixers will have a puncher's chance against anyone, hopefully people remember that the next time they lose some random game to a lottery team.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 10,792

Post#234 » by eyeatoma » Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:42 pm

Sixerscan wrote:
LloydFree wrote:

Between that and their constant chucking of threes on the other end they play a very weird brand of basketball. It's basically what people complain about with the modern game, but because of Giannis they don't seem to get the hate that the Rockets get.

Anyway this was a very fun game that reinforces that the Sixers will have a puncher's chance against anyone, hopefully people remember that the next time they lose some random game to a lottery team.
Agree with this but all this does is emphasize how important homecourt is. Not sure at get it at this point. This team with HC throughout the playoffs has a great chance at a title. Without it and our chances diminish significantly.

Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,011

Post#235 » by Sixerscan » Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:54 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:
LloydFree wrote:

Agree with this but all this does is emphasize how important homecourt is. Not sure at get it at this point. This team with HC throughout the playoffs has a great chance at a title. Without it and our chances diminish significantly.

We'll see, Bucks had home court last year and lost in the ECF. Just from watching on the TV I don't get the sense they have the same sort of home court advantage that we, Toronto or Boston do.

I wonder how much of our struggles on the road are from a lack of concentration as opposed to some sort of issue. Definitely a better team at home though obviously. Like you said the path to having a better record than the Bucks seems daunting, they run their system well.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers