ImageImageImage

Sixers @ Heat 12/28 8pm EST

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

DaSixers
Pro Prospect
And1: 227

Re: Sixers @ Heat 12/28 8pm ESTLook at the rosters and Miami is 24 and eight and the second seed in the Eastern conferen 

Post#301 » by DaSixers » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:16 am

Toney22Sixers wrote:
Bum Adebayo wrote:
Toney22Sixers wrote:Look at the rosters and Miami is 24 and eight and the second seed in the Eastern conference. Tell me coaching doesn’t matter.

Apparently not, it is all about stacking talent in the brilliant minds of some posters. It just works "maybe".

I’m not worried about any team in the Eastern conference. The only team that scares me is the Los Angeles clippers in the NBA finals. Philadelphia can beat any team from the east in a playoff atmosphere in six games

LOL, the playoffs? where games become more about the half court and each posession, and coaching is magnified even more, as is PG play?

ya ummm no, this team isnt even going to have home court advantage in ROUND 1, and they are not suddenly going to have a better coach and a better simmons come playoff time

sorry, but it aint happening

I believe we can beat Milwaukee in a series because we are literally built to beat them matchup wise, but we are not beating miami, boston, and maybe not even a healthy indiana and toronto in 7 with this team
Toney22Sixers
Freshman
And1: 10

Re: Sixers @ Heat 12/28 8pm EST 

Post#302 » by Toney22Sixers » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:16 am

Relax everyone Philadelphia beats anyone in the Eastern conference in six games during the playoffs. The only team I’m worried about is the Los Angeles clippers in the finals.
Toney22Sixers
Freshman

Re: Sixers @ Heat 12/28 8pm ESTLook at the rosters and Miami is 24 and eight and the second seed in the Eastern conferen 

Post#303 » by Toney22Sixers » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:17 am

DaSixers wrote:
Toney22Sixers wrote:
Bum Adebayo wrote:
Apparently not, it is all about stacking talent in the brilliant minds of some posters. It just works "maybe".

I’m not worried about any team in the Eastern conference. The only team that scares me is the Los Angeles clippers in the NBA finals. Philadelphia can beat any team from the east in a playoff atmosphere in six games

LOL, the playoffs? where games become more about the half court and each posession, and coaching is magnified even more, as is PG play?

ya ummm no, this team isnt even going to have home court advantage in ROUND 1, and they are not suddenly going to have a better coach and a better simmons come playoff time

sorry, but it aint happening

I believe we can beat Milwaukee in a series because we are literally built to beat them matchup wise, but we are not beating miami, boston, and maybe not even a healthy indiana and toronto in 7 with this team

Not worried about any Eastern conference teams it won’t even go six games
DaSixers
Pro Prospect

Post#304 » by DaSixers » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:17 am

Toney22Sixers wrote:Relax everyone Philadelphia beats anyone in the Eastern conference in six games during the playoffs. The only team I’m worried about is the Los Angeles clippers in the finals.

this is the exact entitled view the own team has

no. you must not realize that weaknesses are magnified in the playoffs, they do not go away, they get abused. If anything the way this team is constructed and with this coach, we will get worse in a 7 game series, not better

Idk what on earth you are talking about
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,009

Post#305 » by Bum Adebayo » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:17 am

It is evident we are going nowhere with Brett as our coach. But then again, it has been evident for some years so...
Great takes since 2024-04-20
Toney22Sixers
Freshman

Post#306 » by Toney22Sixers » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:19 am

DaSixers wrote:
Toney22Sixers wrote:Relax everyone Philadelphia beats anyone in the Eastern conference in six games during the playoffs. The only team I’m worried about is the Los Angeles clippers in the finals.

no. you must not realize that weaknesses are magnified in the playoffs, they do not go away, they get abused. If anything the way this team is constructed and with this coach, we will get worse in a 7 game series, not better

The playoffs are a whole different animal everybody’s on the same schedule and you have time for prepare. No one in the Eastern conference can match our starting lineup not even close, no one will take us more than six games in the east.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,106

Post#307 » by Kobblehead » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:19 am

Toney22Sixers wrote:
Bum Adebayo wrote:
Toney22Sixers wrote:Look at the rosters and Miami is 24 and eight and the second seed in the Eastern conference. Tell me coaching doesn’t matter.

We can't beat Boston in a playoff series. Their team is loaded with halfcourt scorers. Toronto will be tough if Lowry and Siakam are healthy. Both halfcourt scorers. And if Oladipo gets back, we ain't beating Indiana, either.

And then wait until Durant comes back next year and he and Kyrie run the entire conference.

The Sixers need to get Embiid a worthy 2nd banana and fast.
DaSixers
Pro Prospect

Post#308 » by DaSixers » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:23 am

Toney22Sixers wrote:
DaSixers wrote:

The playoffs are a whole different animal everybody’s on the same schedule and you have time for prepare. No one in the Eastern conference can match our starting lineup not even close, no one will take us more than six games in the east.

the heat not only matched our starting lineup tonight, they **** destroyed it, teams are figuring out how to destroy it, you go to zone, and it worked again tonight

we were GOD AWFUL tonight with simmons and horford on the court

our starting 5 is so overated its unreal, idk what some of you are watching, our weaknesses will only be worse come playoff time

I just wish our ownership had half a **** clue
DaSixers
Pro Prospect

Post#309 » by DaSixers » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:25 am

Kobblehead wrote:
Toney22Sixers wrote:
Bum Adebayo wrote:

We can't beat Boston in a playoff series. Their team is loaded with halfcourt scorers. Toronto will be tough if Lowry and Siakam are healthy. Both halfcourt scorers. And if Oladipo gets back, we ain't beating Indiana, either.

And then wait until Durant comes back next year and he and Kyrie run the entire conference.

correct, next year we are, depending on how fast lowery and gasol fall off, 6th best in east if they fade, or 7th if they stay relevant with durant back

think about that for a second LOL, and some people still think it aint panic time and we just going to be fine come playoffs

god, all that hinkie set us up for, and look where we are, no future, none. mind blowing
ivysixer2000
General Manager
And1: 2,033

Post#310 » by ivysixer2000 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:28 am

Ben says they need to watch film....I'm wondering if he looks at himself just standing there on offense.
brannigan73
Rookie
And1: 612

Post#311 » by brannigan73 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:29 am

Kobblehead wrote:
Toney22Sixers wrote:
Bum Adebayo wrote:

They had a worthy second banana in Jimmy Butler. They didnt offer him a max so he left. They have nothing that can bring in a legit number two via trade this year. Maybe if they are lucky they can scam another team with Simmons in the off-season when the new contract kicks in. But Brand is an idiot so the idea we win a trade big is absurd. Once they didnt bring back last years team they sealed there fate. They are out of options sans a miracle Simmons trade. To many dumb moves by the front office has backed this team into a corner.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,807

Post#312 » by Mik317 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:31 am

you are all a bunch of drama queens lol
#NeverGonnaBeGood
XDevilBoiX
Head Coach
And1: 2,481

Post#313 » by XDevilBoiX » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:32 am

ivysixer2000 wrote:Ben says they need to watch film....I'm wondering if he looks at himself just standing there on offense.

He means everyone else except him. Dude don’t give a **** about winning, send him to a losing team.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#314 » by Kobblehead » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:32 am

ivysixer2000 wrote:Ben says they need to watch film....I'm wondering if he looks at himself just standing there on offense.

I doubt Ben watches game video. Seems like the type to sit in the room on his phone looking famous people on social media.
DaSixers
Pro Prospect

Post#315 » by DaSixers » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:33 am

Mik317 wrote:you are all a bunch of drama queens lol

or passionate fans that were massively excited for a chance at a chip who now realize we have a 0% chance at one any time soon as constructed

that is the definition of a fan
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,721

Post#316 » by the_process » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:38 am

Jstock12 wrote:Ben 11 assists, 1 turnover. That's as good of a game as a playmaker can have

:lol: You're keeping it up, I'll give you that.
AI_Efficiency
Sixth Man
And1: 717

Post#317 » by AI_Efficiency » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:41 am

DaSixers wrote:

or passionate fans that were massively excited for a chance at a chip who now realize we have a 0% chance at one any time soon as constructed

that is the definition of a fan

This. The team needs to be graded against last years roster with Jimmy. We should be contenders. I’m not sure that we aren’t, but if we aren’t, that is an organizational failure and we are right to be upset.
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,828

Post#318 » by XtremeDunkz » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:42 am

Nah. This is now way beyond regular season variance. This is a major problem. There are major flaws with this team. You cant keep **** losing these games against teams you are supposedly better than. Enough.
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
Jhawk03
Pro Prospect
And1: 339

Post#319 » by Jhawk03 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:42 am

I try to think about how good we've been in January games over the past few seasons. Helps me sleep at night.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#320 » by Kobblehead » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:43 am

Rightfully so because it's not a good feeling when you realize you're going to be one of those franchises that had a homegrown superstar and never paired him with a second star to guarantee yourself a championship during his window of greatness.

Even if we somehow come out of the East, we can't beat the Clippers, Lakers, or Rockets in a Finals. Embiid is outmanned in the starmath and all by himself.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers