ImageImageImage

First post and last as Sixers fan

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

MGSixers
Ballboy
And1: 11

Re: First post and last as Sixers fan 

Post#81 » by MGSixers » Thu Jan 2, 2020 11:50 pm

Apologies that yes it hasn't been just one post and have noticed those mocking me which may be warranted. But it is hard to not be engaged when you do love supporting a team.

No I don't want blind positivity about this team. Yes I am frustrated by the organisation, coach and players at times. However the repetitive rants aren't earth shattering insights. Does anybody believe that people on this board, general board or even wider public don't know hat Ben's shooting/spacing is an issue? Or that the make up of the team isn't the best fit? Or that people had concerns on Brett's coaching? When the team was constructed I was intrigued, it wasn't copying the current model but trying something different. Whether it works or not, it's only a 3rd way through the season. Would you respect Elton more if he suddenly flip flopped on his strategy now? Maybe you might but I don't see that happening soon (maybe after this season).

As other's have posted on behaviour online, compare how you would deal with this in a real world situation. At work, would you behave this way? Rant and rave or do something constructive. You can't change or control everything so do what you can to focus on the strengths you can achieve. I was remiss in not providing an example of what I considered a constructive/insightful positive post. An example that interested me was 76iology post highlighting the effectiveness of Joel and Ben's pick and roll, not at the perimeter, but within the paint. Yes they can crowd each other but they have advantages in size and height with either lob/high pass or finishing if defenders don't react effectively. This is highlighting plays and strengths that happen within games that maybe we could use more rather focus on the obvious negatives. It's been more enjoyable watching games from this perspective as yes, when we play bad, it's easy to get angry but I try to focus on the good plays or defence and it's made it much more enjoyable then when we play bad and read a game thread that has constant repetitive rants that frankly just make me more angry and not enjoy sport/life as much as I should. Again apologies, the intention was to just provide my thoughts and hopefully this time I do sign off without any more posting and annoying you all. All the best.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,563

Post#82 » by 76ciology » Thu Jan 2, 2020 11:59 pm

MGSixers wrote:Apologies that yes it hasn't been just one post and have noticed those mocking me which may be warranted. But it is hard to not be engaged when you do love supporting a team.

No I don't want blind positivity about this team. Yes I am frustrated by the organisation, coach and players at times. However the repetitive rants aren't earth shattering insights. Does anybody believe that people on this board, general board or even wider public don't know hat Ben's shooting/spacing is an issue? Or that the make up of the team isn't the best fit? Or that people had concerns on Brett's coaching? When the team was constructed I was intrigued, it wasn't copying the current model but trying something different. Whether it works or not, it's only a 3rd way through the season. Would you respect Elton more if he suddenly flip flopped on his strategy now? Maybe you might but I don't see that happening soon (maybe after this season).

As other's have posted on behaviour online, compare how you would deal with this in a real world situation. At work, would you behave this way? Rant and rave or do something constructive. You can't change or control everything so do what you can to focus on the strengths you can achieve. I was remiss in not providing an example of what I considered a constructive/insightful positive post. An example that interested me was 76iology post highlighting the effectiveness of Joel and Ben's pick and roll, not at the perimeter, but within the paint. Yes they can crowd each other but they have advantages in size and height with either lob/high pass or finishing if defenders don't react effectively. This is highlighting plays and strengths that happen within games that maybe we could use more rather focus on the obvious negatives. It's been more enjoyable watching games from this perspective as yes, when we play bad, it's easy to get angry but I try to focus on the good plays or defence and it's made it much more enjoyable then when we play bad and read a game thread that has constant repetitive rants that frankly just make me more angry and not enjoy sport/life as much as I should. Again apologies, the intention was to just provide my thoughts and hopefully this time I do sign off without any more posting and annoying you all. All the best.

Thanks for the shout out. I appreciate it. More power.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
brannigan73
Rookie
And1: 617

Post#83 » by brannigan73 » Sat Jan 4, 2020 5:15 am

I feel like as long aspeople arent calling other people names or saying there ideas are stupid I dont understand why people get upset over negative posts especially ones they are mostly true. This team has been terrible over the last 10 games or so what is the converation suppossed to be about? How to fix this team? Unfortunately it really can't be fixed via trade guys are either going to play a lot better like Horford and Richardson or this team might have a hard time repeating the modest play-off success of the last two seasons. What annoys me the most is they changed this team drastically three times in three years and this version might be the worst. Lol, thats not how its supposed to work. And they used up almost all there chips to change drastically if what they have isnt quite working. There last asset that could bring back a star in return is Simmons and they have to be absolutely right about him not developing a lot more to make that deal. This is the worst I've felt about this team in the last three years again that is not supposed to be how this works. It makes people salty this team has been run like garbage since Sam was forced out.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers