RealGM
And1: 23,563

Re: Game 38: Thunder @ Sixers - 7pm 

Post#161 » by 76ciology » Tue Jan 7, 2020 3:03 am

Negrodamus wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Stanford wrote:
i see

The best offense is when the defense is unprepared. In a box, our team have no closers. But we can put them in situations to be closers. Whether its a Jrich two man, Tobi attacking a SG, Ben attacking a guard, Al attacking a tweener, Biid attacking a modern day center. Still we dont have anyone who we can just give the ball and tell him to take us home like a Kawhi, Harden or KD.

If we can develop that, we can be really dangerous.

Are we still talking about the first date strategy?

Yes. The best offense is if the defense is unprepared. Remember that on your first date.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
phifans
Veteran
And1: 586

Post#162 » by phifans » Tue Jan 7, 2020 3:04 am

76ciology wrote:
Arsenal wrote:By the way... 25/5/4 for Fultz tonight. Great trade Elton!

True. I still cant believe EB did that trade. Its as if hes just trying to do it to take away personal pressure

The cap room we saved by getting rid of Fultz eventually end up with Al Horford ! Yikes !
DaSixers
Pro Prospect
And1: 227

Post#163 » by DaSixers » Tue Jan 7, 2020 3:04 am

Another thing.. it seemed jrich was the late game ball handler in half court not ben

Burke needs to play a minimum of 20 to 24 mpg, some of those together with ben

Aside from tobias because of fouls we played our starters huge minutes again
nurseryc
Analyst
And1: 1,236

Post#164 » by nurseryc » Tue Jan 7, 2020 3:25 am

Simmons recent form has been awesome to see. Nailing it from the free throw line too
agiaco
Analyst
And1: 1,126

Post#165 » by agiaco » Tue Jan 7, 2020 3:30 am

It is quite ironic how the sixers are searching for a playmaker and traded fultz for jonathon simmons.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,866

Post#166 » by Stanford » Tue Jan 7, 2020 3:30 am

76ciology wrote:

True. I still cant believe EB did that trade. Its as if hes just trying to do it to take away personal pressure

He had 6 in his previous two and still isn't very good. :dontknow:

Do you think he'd be getting minutes for this team?
ivysixer2000
General Manager
And1: 2,040

Post#167 » by ivysixer2000 » Tue Jan 7, 2020 3:37 am

To win this game at the end, we shot over 50% FG, 50% from 3, 83% FTs, and 10 turnovers.

We can't ask for anything more than that....and had to pull it out at the end.

If we have to play like that just to win at home....this will be a long season, just saying.
DaSixers
Pro Prospect

Post#168 » by DaSixers » Tue Jan 7, 2020 3:54 am

ivysixer2000 wrote:To win this game at the end, we shot over 50% FG, 50% from 3, 83% FTs, and 10 turnovers.

We can't ask for anything more than that....and had to pull it out at the end.

If we have to play like that just to win at home....this will be a long season, just saying.

This is what Im saying. With the defense everyone says we r supposed to have, offensive numbers like that should be a blow out

Wheres the bullyball top defense we are supposed to have?
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,563

Post#169 » by 76ciology » Tue Jan 7, 2020 3:56 am

Stanford wrote:
76ciology wrote:

He had 6 in his previous two and still isn't very good. :dontknow:

Do you think he'd be getting minutes for this team?

How many minutes did Burke play tonight?

You see Jrich’s role this season? That was supposed to be his role.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,845

Post#170 » by Mik317 » Tue Jan 7, 2020 4:11 am

Fultz needed to leave to get his **** together.

he would be fighting people on the ben frank ontop of a speeding truck if he was still here
#NeverGonnaBeGood
DaSixers
Pro Prospect

Post#171 » by DaSixers » Tue Jan 7, 2020 4:11 am

Embiid being checked for ligament damage LOL

May not play vs boston, i see a whole bunch more Ls coming and now an excuse for the front office to do nothing
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,845

Post#172 » by Mik317 » Tue Jan 7, 2020 4:12 am

Fultz needed to leave to get his **** together.

he would be fighting people on the ben frank ontop of a speeding truck if he was still here
#NeverGonnaBeGood
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,795

Post#173 » by michaelm » Tue Jan 7, 2020 4:59 am

nurseryc wrote:Simmons recent form has been awesome to see. Nailing it from the free throw line too

I actually want Simmons to succeed at least as much as the average Aussie NBA fan, but success in the NBA is basically team success, and unfortunately however good his individual stats are or indeed even his overall play is in isolation him being a non shooting PG is problematic structurally for his team. I don't really see him fitting most other contending teams in the modern NBA either, perhaps GSW if Thompson and Curry were to return at near their peak levels, but they would pretty much have to replace Green with him.

Imo along with others at least part of the problem in regard to shooting is that he doesn't like doing something at which he is not excellent, and by his own analysis him taking a mid range or 3 point shot is a low percentage shot, but if he won't shoot even when specifically and publicly requested to do so by his coach then that is again rather problematic, and I can understand the attitude towards him from many Sixers fans including on this site. I don't think anyone much doubts that he would be a world beater if he became even a mediocre shooter, but until he does become so he isn't, and he has had over 3 years on an NBA roster now.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#174 » by Sixerscan » Tue Jan 7, 2020 5:04 am

michaelm wrote:
nurseryc wrote:Simmons recent form has been awesome to see. Nailing it from the free throw line too

I actually want Simmons to succeed at least as much as the average Aussie NBA fan, but success in the NBA is basically team success, and unfortunately however good his individual stats are or indeed even his overall play is in isolation him being a non shooting PG is problematic structurally for his team. I don't really see him fitting most other contending teams in the modern NBA either, perhaps GSW if Thompson and Curry were to return at near their peak levels, but they would pretty much have to replace Green with him.

Imo along with others at least part of the problem in regard to shooting is that he doesn't like doing something at which he is not excellent, and by his own analysis him taking a mid range or 3 point shot is a low percentage shot, but if he won't shoot even when specifically and publicly requested to do so by his coach then that is again rather problematic, and I can understand the attitude towards him from many Sixers fans including on this site. I don't think anyone much doubts that he would be a world beater if he became even a mediocre shooter, but until he does become so he isn't, and he has had over 3 years on an NBA roster now.

How many players have had as much team success as him at his age?
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,795

Post#175 » by michaelm » Tue Jan 7, 2020 5:44 am

Sixerscan wrote:
michaelm wrote:

How many players have had as much team success as him at his age?

Sure, they were a bounce away from going into OT in game 7 against the eventual champions last year.

I started following the Sixers as a second team because of Simmons, but became a big Embiid fan in the year Simmons redshirted. He seems to have his problems as well, although perhaps his physique limits him from being better conditioned, but it is really frustrating for me that Simmons doesn't/can't shoot and that they don't seem to be able to meld especially this year. Particularly given GSW's situation nothing would please me more NBA basketball-wise than the Sixers winning it all with Simmons a prominent contributor either by becoming a shooter or by proving me and many others wrong by demonstrating he doesn't need to shoot.
BB_Fan
Junior
And1: 52

Post#176 » by BB_Fan » Tue Jan 7, 2020 8:28 am

The problem is with the coach Brett brown. If the team was coached by Popovich, Doc Rivers - you will get better fit.

The problem with the team is it needs a ball handling guard and good 3 point shooter.

Trade Harris to NOP for Holiday and Reddick. You solved the puzzle as you have three guards who can bring the ball and good 3 point shooters in holiday and Reddick.
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,905

Post#177 » by kuclas » Tue Jan 7, 2020 10:33 am

Concern about embiid finger. It’s not broken. But if he has ligament tear. It won’t show up on x ray. Mri will show it.
Kova
Veteran
And1: 712

Post#178 » by Kova » Tue Jan 7, 2020 10:39 am

A win is a win and I'll take it anytime.

We still have a lot of concerns moving forward. If you ask me Burke is our glue guy, not JRich. He is what we need in pick and rolls and just breaking down opponents defense. Good things happen with him on the floor.
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,905

Post#179 » by kuclas » Tue Jan 7, 2020 1:46 pm

agiaco wrote:It is quite ironic how the sixers are searching for a playmaker and trader fultz for jonathon simmons.

Yup. Plus two useless 2nd rounders.

They basically had to trade fultz for salary cap reasons.

If he were making 2 million he would not have been traded. Regardless of the shoulder injury.

I don’t know how the story ends for fultz. But he has already know elite ability to beat guys off the dribble in half court. But he needs the ball. And Simmons is the point guard. So fultz and Simmons would never have worked for sixers long term
Da ThRONe
Veteran
And1: 1,886

Post#180 » by Da ThRONe » Tue Jan 7, 2020 2:17 pm

BB_Fan wrote:The problem is with the coach Brett brown. If the team was coached by Popovich, Doc Rivers - you will get better fit.

The problem with the team is it needs a ball handling guard and good 3 point shooter.

Trade Harris to NOP for Holiday and Reddick. You solved the puzzle as you have three guards who can bring the ball and good 3 point shooters in holiday and Reddick.

You just described Trey Burke. No reason he shouldn't be getting less than 24mins a game. Ennis and Korkmaz should not be getting more mins.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers