ImageImageImage

The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part IV

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,119

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part IV 

Post#1301 » by eyeatoma » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:09 am

Well then it's more of the same **** then. Embiid can't stay healthy, and now Simmons is a concern.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,059

Post#1302 » by sixers hoops » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:38 am

I’m wondering if this is all a scheme by the Sixers to make the NBA look bad for making them play with seven players. The NBA seemingly didn’t believe that Embiid and Simmons were unable to play so they wouldn’t postpone the game, so Doc made Mike Scott active, who was legitimately out. Such a bizarre sequence of events.

If Embiid and Simmons both play the very next game, it somewhat proves the league right by showing they weren’t completely unable to ply. Could it be possible that if Ben had some minor knee soreness, they tell him to sit out another game so to give the appearance that he was a little more injured than the NBA realized?

It appears the Sixers and the NBA had quite a disagreement regarding saturday’s game and who was “legitimately” available. It has the feel of the Sixers using this time to let Ben rest his knee, so their case of Ben and Jo being unable to play Saturday, looks more realistic.

Sitting Ben out an extra game could cost us a win, but the Sixers may want to put the NBA in a position where they can’t hang them out on further postponements.

I’m sure Ben’s injured, but him missing a second game doesn’t necessarily make me think the injury is that serious.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#1303 » by eyeatoma » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:42 am

sixers hoops wrote:I’m wondering if this is all a scheme by the Sixers to make the NBA look bad for making them play with seven players. The NBA seemingly didn’t believe that Embiid and Simmons were unable to play so they wouldn’t postpone the game, so Doc made Mike Scott active, who was legitimately out. Such a bizarre sequence of events.

If Embiid and Simmons both play the very next game, it somewhat proves the league right by showing they weren’t completely unable to ply. Could it be possible that if Ben had some minor knee soreness, they tell him to sit out another game so to give the appearance that he was a little more injured than the NBA realized?

It appears the Sixers and the NBA had quite a disagreement regarding saturday’s game and who was “legitimately” available. It has the feel of the Sixers using this time to let Ben rest his knee, so their case of Ben and Jo being unable to play Saturday, looks more realistic.

Sitting Ben out an extra game could cost us a win, but the Sixers may want to put the NBA in a position where they can’t hang them out on further postponements.

I’m sure Ben’s injured, but him missing a second game doesn’t necessarily make me think the injury is that serious.
Quite a tale, hope you're right. If he's actually hurt, then it's very concerning.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
ConstableChaos
Junior
And1: 206

Post#1304 » by ConstableChaos » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:47 am

You want Ben Simmons on your team, you don't want him for the max though
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers

Post#1305 » by sixers hoops » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:08 am

eyeatoma wrote:
sixers hoops wrote:I’m wondering if this is all a scheme by the Sixers to make the NBA look bad for making them play with seven players. The NBA seemingly didn’t believe that Embiid and Simmons were unable to play so they wouldn’t postpone the game, so Doc made Mike Scott active, who was legitimately out. Such a bizarre sequence of events.

Quite a tale, hope you're right. If he's actually hurt, then it's very concerning.

Yeah, I’m not sure they would have him sit out an extra game to prove a point to the league, but I wouldn’t discount it. Activating Mike Scott who couldnt play and Doc openly criticizing the league for making them play seemed significant.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#1306 » by eyeatoma » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:21 am

sixers hoops wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

Yeah, I’m not sure they would have him sit out an extra game to prove a point to the league, but I wouldn’t discount it. Activating Mike Scott who couldnt play and Doc openly criticizing the league for making them play seemed significant.

True, guess my concern is that Shams is tweeting about it. That raises some red flags for me.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,516

Post#1307 » by 76ciology » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:30 am

Yup. I buy into the thought that Sixers sat out Ben to show theyre not faking it.

Looking at the big picture, the league wouldn’t want to be strong-armed by teams into forcing postponement of games. Thats why they did that.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,737

Post#1308 » by phillynative » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:47 pm

It was all good bout a week ago...
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,442

Post#1309 » by Eyeamok » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:31 pm

So Ben was and is upset because he was on the trading block?
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
zaz102
Sixth Man
And1: 806

Post#1310 » by zaz102 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:39 pm

Awkward...
BigSleep333
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,632

Post#1311 » by BigSleep333 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:06 pm

Eyeamok wrote:So Ben was and is upset because he was on the trading block?

who cares? is he now sabotaging the team by just taking 2 shots an entire game? oh wait..its the other way around. he now takes 25 shots with his miserable offense. damn
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,820

Post#1312 » by XtremeDunkz » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:10 pm

Well. Now we move forward. Get your head right Ben.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,905

Post#1313 » by kuclas » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:14 pm

Look, you sit tight. Boston didn't trade for Harden either. Houston did the best they could. If sixers would have offer Harris, Maxley, and 3 firsts and 4 future pick swaps (including this year which obviously won't convey since Rockets will have a worst record), I'd do that trade in a heartbeat. That's essentially the Nets package.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,795

Post#1314 » by Negrodamus » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:08 am

So does Ben defend Kyrie or Harden when we play the Nets? I think we'll still have to find someone who can play with Durant.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,859

Post#1315 » by Stanford » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:11 am

Negrodamus wrote:So does Ben defend Kyrie or Harden when we play the Nets? I think we'll still have to find someone who can play with Durant.

Harden. Ben usually doesn't guard the Kyrie types. He can't.

We lose big in a series against the Nets
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers

Post#1316 » by sixers hoops » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:53 am

kuclas wrote:Look, you sit tight. Boston didn't trade for Harden either. Houston did the best they could. If sixers would have offer Harris, Maxley, and 3 firsts and 4 future pick swaps (including this year which obviously won't convey since Rockets will have a worst record), I'd do that trade in a heartbeat. That's essentially the Nets package.

They were never taking Tobias’s contract. Caris went to the Pacers so Houston could get Olidipo’s expiring. The weren’t going to take 3.5 more years of Harris at 35 million/per. No chance.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,795

Post#1317 » by Negrodamus » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:58 am

Stanford wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:So does Ben defend Kyrie or Harden when we play the Nets? I think we'll still have to find someone who can play with Durant.

Wish our 6'10 franchise player (who's reputation is on the defensive end) could defend the other team's 6'10 franchise player. That would be helpful.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,133

Post#1318 » by Arsenal » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:09 am

Stanford wrote:

I don’t think we matchup well with BKN. We do matchup well with MIL so we need the #1 seed and MIL to take out BKN for us.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,516

Post#1319 » by 76ciology » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:02 am

You have to look at Ben as a guy who’s value on the court depends on Embiid. This is why Doc has been pairing those two compared before where you have a Biid line-up and and Ben line-up.

Ben is not someone you can rely on when Biid is neutralized or is off the court. He’s an accessory to embiid.

If you want someone to rely on, you have to look at Maxey, Tobias or Milton. Maybe even Seth, if you think he can sustain his numbers.

Thats the biggest misconception about Ben IMO.

He’s like a worse fit John Stockton to Malone (role-wise) with the Jazz. 2nd best player on that team. But without Malone, Stockton wouldn’t be able to carry a team. But Malone and Stockton compliments each other while Malone can carry a team by himself, it’s just strengthened with a guy like Stockton.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,737

Post#1320 » by phillynative » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:43 am

Ben-Durant
Green-Harden
Matisse-Kyrie

Return to Philadelphia 76ers