ImageImageImage

The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part IV

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

QingJames
Ballboy
Posts: 3
And1: 1
Joined: Apr 13, 2021
 

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part IV 

Post#1901 » by QingJames » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:44 pm

He's not good.
Negrodamus
RealGM
Posts: 16,234
And1: 6,873
Joined: Aug 05, 2004

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part IV 

Post#1902 » by Negrodamus » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:47 pm

QingJames wrote:He's not good.


Image

And boy did he make that first one count.
davesilver
Junior
Posts: 252
And1: 127
Joined: Aug 14, 2020
     

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part IV 

Post#1903 » by davesilver » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:51 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
QingJames wrote:He's not good.


Image

And boy did he make that first one count.


took him a little over a week to get acquainted for the big moment
QingJames
Ballboy
Posts: 3
And1: 1
Joined: Apr 13, 2021
 

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part IV 

Post#1904 » by QingJames » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:56 pm

Thanks guys, it took me some time to put exactly how I feel into words. Went through a few drafts.
DCasey91
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,770
And1: 873
Joined: Dec 15, 2020
   

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part IV 

Post#1905 » by DCasey91 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:45 pm

The rug that ties the room together. We still haven’t got or kept that player yet.
Embiid/Ben and ???

I still like Embiid + Ben. I’m not buying Embiid or Ben’s offense in totality for that matter together or apart singularly. The rug is the most key piece of the puzzle it is the quintessential release valve, Swiss Army knife, all in one.

The question is who is that player now? Lol that’s a tough one.

We had one he left (Butler), had a chance at one (Leonard). One was never coming to us in the end (Harden)

Didn’t even look at the best fitting one (CP3)

The next one that’s fits the wheelhouse (CJ) but is obv less talented.

Hmmm The broken one (Curry) is off limits

Is there a potential one (Green) on the horizon?

For me it’s no risk to trade for that rug even if our 3rd hombre had to go. If not put every player not named Embiid/Ben as a wholesale get what you want sort of deal.

Or maybe just maybe Flying Fox might swoop in unexpectedly, who the heck knows. Our wholesale product looks pretty ripe years ago now not so much. Should we restock?

Find out in the off-season time!
jbent87
Veteran
Posts: 2,563
And1: 1,137
Joined: Jul 02, 2015
       

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part IV 

Post#1906 » by jbent87 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:57 pm

Eh, let's wait and see what happens in the playoffs first? The MVP is gone, DPOTY is probably gone, so it's time to rest and get ready to kick some ass in the postseaosn, like we know this team can do when they're healthy.
eyeatoma
RealGM
Posts: 15,074
And1: 2,665
Joined: Feb 25, 2005
Location: An Indian in Indonesia
     

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part IV 

Post#1907 » by eyeatoma » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:41 pm

LOOOOOOL! Incoming 4 game losing streak, bye bye #1 seed.

Read on Twitter


Hope Ben is okay though, wtf is this illness if it's not Covid. At this point, they might say the same thing about Ben, as they are about Embiid. Does he have enough games to still win DPOY.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 46,869
And1: 10,707
Joined: Feb 07, 2005
Location: Parts Unknown
   

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part IV 

Post#1908 » by Stanford » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:57 pm

Can anyone explain why someone being ill is "absolutely wild?"
Image
eyeatoma
RealGM
Posts: 15,074
And1: 2,665
Joined: Feb 25, 2005
Location: An Indian in Indonesia
     

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part IV 

Post#1909 » by eyeatoma » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:07 pm

Stanford wrote:Can anyone explain why someone being ill is "absolutely wild?"
Think it's the lack of explanation and the fact that he was questionable for the last three games and 50/50 for this one. We don't seem to get any breaks.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
AI_Efficiency
Rookie
Posts: 1,178
And1: 477
Joined: Jan 18, 2017

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part IV 

Post#1910 » by AI_Efficiency » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:23 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
Stanford wrote:Can anyone explain why someone being ill is "absolutely wild?"
Think it's the lack of explanation and the fact that he was questionable for the last three games and 50/50 for this one. We don't seem to get any breaks.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Being sick enough to miss multiple games at Ben’s age is somewhat surprising. Everyone’s different, but I’m 30 and can’t remember the last time I was “ill” that would cause me to be out of commission for more than like a day. So yea I kinda would expect some more detail, especially with him missing crucial games where the 1 seed is on the line, but it’s whatever. Hopefully he’s back to 100% next week.
eyeatoma
RealGM
Posts: 15,074
And1: 2,665
Joined: Feb 25, 2005
Location: An Indian in Indonesia
     

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part IV 

Post#1911 » by eyeatoma » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:29 pm

AI_Efficiency wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Stanford wrote:Can anyone explain why someone being ill is "absolutely wild?"
Think it's the lack of explanation and the fact that he was questionable for the last three games and 50/50 for this one. We don't seem to get any breaks.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Being sick enough to miss multiple games at Ben’s age is somewhat surprising. Everyone’s different, but I’m 30 and can’t remember the last time I was “ill” that would cause me to be out of commission for more than like a day. So yea I kinda would expect some more detail, especially with him missing crucial games where the 1 seed is on the line, but it’s whatever. Hopefully he’s back to 100% next week.


People are starting to speculate that it could be the stuff with his sister.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 46,869
And1: 10,707
Joined: Feb 07, 2005
Location: Parts Unknown
   

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part IV 

Post#1912 » by Stanford » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:33 pm

Gets a big meh from me. If he's out, he's out.
Image
User avatar
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
Posts: 9,756
And1: 1,298
Joined: Jan 10, 2009

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part IV 

Post#1913 » by Foshan » Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:51 am

eyeatoma wrote:
AI_Efficiency wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:Think it's the lack of explanation and the fact that he was questionable for the last three games and 50/50 for this one. We don't seem to get any breaks.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Being sick enough to miss multiple games at Ben’s age is somewhat surprising. Everyone’s different, but I’m 30 and can’t remember the last time I was “ill” that would cause me to be out of commission for more than like a day. So yea I kinda would expect some more detail, especially with him missing crucial games where the 1 seed is on the line, but it’s whatever. Hopefully he’s back to 100% next week.


People are starting to speculate that it could be the stuff with his sister.

That would make sense. It's a pretty deep thing that can't even be worked out in a couple days, but if a couple days now does help him to be more able to focus come playoffs I can live with that.

(not trying to sound callous to his life outside of bball)
kio80
Rookie
Posts: 1,171
And1: 758
Joined: Nov 22, 2018
 

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part IV 

Post#1914 » by kio80 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:52 am

Foshan wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
AI_Efficiency wrote:Being sick enough to miss multiple games at Ben’s age is somewhat surprising. Everyone’s different, but I’m 30 and can’t remember the last time I was “ill” that would cause me to be out of commission for more than like a day. So yea I kinda would expect some more detail, especially with him missing crucial games where the 1 seed is on the line, but it’s whatever. Hopefully he’s back to 100% next week.


People are starting to speculate that it could be the stuff with his sister.

That would make sense. It's a pretty deep thing that can't even be worked out in a couple days, but if a couple days now does help him to be more able to focus come playoffs I can live with that.

(not trying to sound callous to his life outside of bball)


Time to send that crazy bitch to the nut house.
Been causing nothing but trouble all through Ben’s professional years


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
76ciology
RealGM
Posts: 46,828
And1: 14,800
Joined: Jun 06, 2002
Contact:

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part IV 

Post#1915 » by 76ciology » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:53 am

Yup. I think it’s this is his personal stuff.

Let him miss games and fix it. Better now than during the playoffs.

I dont mind him missing these meaningless games.
“If anyone can refute me—show me I'm making a mistake or looking at things from the wrong perspective—I'll gladly change. It's the truth I'm after, and the truth never harmed anyone." Marcus Aurelius.
sixers4real
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,366
And1: 638
Joined: Nov 27, 2015
 

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part IV 

Post#1916 » by sixers4real » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:01 am

76ciology wrote:Yup. I think it’s this is his personal stuff.

Let him miss games and fix it. Better now than during the playoffs.

I dont mind him missing these meaningless games.

I want him back for the last 12 games. They are very important for getting #1 seed.
User avatar
76ciology
RealGM
Posts: 46,828
And1: 14,800
Joined: Jun 06, 2002
Contact:

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part IV 

Post#1917 » by 76ciology » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:03 am

sixers4real wrote:
76ciology wrote:Yup. I think it’s this is his personal stuff.

Let him miss games and fix it. Better now than during the playoffs.

I dont mind him missing these meaningless games.

I want him back for the last 12 games. They are very important for getting #1 seed.


If his issues are fixed then he plays. If not, just let him fix it. These things are out of our control and the last thing we want is it’s cluttering his head in the playoffs and passing to our opponent in an inbound situation in a crucial moment of a game (circa Celtics 2018)

The last X games, Teams usually play with low intensity and rest their guys anyway, so im not too concerned
“If anyone can refute me—show me I'm making a mistake or looking at things from the wrong perspective—I'll gladly change. It's the truth I'm after, and the truth never harmed anyone." Marcus Aurelius.
User avatar
ProcessDoctor
Head Coach
Posts: 6,365
And1: 2,478
Joined: Jul 02, 2006
   

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part IV 

Post#1918 » by ProcessDoctor » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:38 am

DCasey91 wrote:The rug that ties the room together. We still haven’t got or kept that player yet.
Embiid/Ben and ???

I still like Embiid + Ben. I’m not buying Embiid or Ben’s offense in totality for that matter together or apart singularly. The rug is the most key piece of the puzzle it is the quintessential release valve, Swiss Army knife, all in one.

The question is who is that player now? Lol that’s a tough one.

We had one he left (Butler), had a chance at one (Leonard). One was never coming to us in the end (Harden)

Didn’t even look at the best fitting one (CP3)

The next one that’s fits the wheelhouse (CJ) but is obv less talented.

Hmmm The broken one (Curry) is off limits

Is there a potential one (Green) on the horizon?

For me it’s no risk to trade for that rug even if our 3rd hombre had to go. If not put every player not named Embiid/Ben as a wholesale get what you want sort of deal.

Or maybe just maybe Flying Fox might swoop in unexpectedly, who the heck knows. Our wholesale product looks pretty ripe years ago now not so much. Should we restock?

Find out in the off-season time!


I think Ben is the player to trade and Tobias is the one to keep. They both fit the role as the 3rd best player on a championship team. It's just a matter of who's going to help Embiid win us a championship in the next 3-4 years.

Tobias and Embiid are both in their primes. Ben is not. Even if he reaches it in time, what does it look like? Andre Iguodala who won't shoot? It's pretty unacceptable that he STILL won't even look at the rim 95% of the time.

On top of that, Ben would bring back more in a trade. He's younger and more marketable. He still has "upside", whatever that may be. I think the decision is clear at this point.

If Dame isn't available, go after Beal. If not Beal, then LaVine + Thad + picks. If not LaVine, then CJ + Covington + picks. Trading him for any of those packages gives us a better 3-4-year championship window than keeping Ben.
2020-2021 Philadelphia 76ers:

Simmons/Hill/Maxey
Curry/Milton/Korkmaz
Green/Thybulle/Joe
Harris/Scott/Tolliver
Embiid/Howard/Reed
DCasey91
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,770
And1: 873
Joined: Dec 15, 2020
   

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part IV 

Post#1919 » by DCasey91 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:09 am

ProcessDoctor wrote:
DCasey91 wrote:The rug that ties the room together. We still haven’t got or kept that player yet.
Embiid/Ben and ???

I still like Embiid + Ben. I’m not buying Embiid or Ben’s offense in totality for that matter together or apart singularly. The rug is the most key piece of the puzzle it is the quintessential release valve, Swiss Army knife, all in one.

The question is who is that player now? Lol that’s a tough one.

We had one he left (Butler), had a chance at one (Leonard). One was never coming to us in the end (Harden)

Didn’t even look at the best fitting one (CP3)

The next one that’s fits the wheelhouse (CJ) but is obv less talented.

Hmmm The broken one (Curry) is off limits

Is there a potential one (Green) on the horizon?

For me it’s no risk to trade for that rug even if our 3rd hombre had to go. If not put every player not named Embiid/Ben as a wholesale get what you want sort of deal.

Or maybe just maybe Flying Fox might swoop in unexpectedly, who the heck knows. Our wholesale product looks pretty ripe years ago now not so much. Should we restock?

Find out in the off-season time!


I think Ben is the player to trade and Tobias is the one to keep. They both fit the role as the 3rd best player on a championship team. It's just a matter of who's going to help Embiid win us a championship in the next 3-4 years.

Tobias and Embiid are both in their primes. Ben is not. Even if he reaches it in time, what does it look like? Andre Iguodala who won't shoot? It's pretty unacceptable that he STILL won't even look at the rim 95% of the time.

On top of that, Ben would bring back more in a trade. He's younger and more marketable. He still has "upside", whatever that may be. I think the decision is clear at this point.

If Dame isn't available, go after Beal. If not Beal, then LaVine + Thad + picks. If not LaVine, then CJ + Covington + picks. Trading him for any of those packages gives us a better 3-4-year championship window than keeping Ben.


Yeah Ben would bring in more of course, but his prime isn’t fair off (I believe he’s in the right age bracket for Embiid).

I still like Ben more as the the third banana because the type I think we are all gunning for just fits better, shores up the defense, and Ben still has value on his role on offense, because Harris needs the ball a little bit too much for my liking as a third piece.

Embiid/CJ/Ben >

I’m not a fan of Lavine (no known playoff history to speak of and his offense isn’t exactly what I would want, it leaves a lot a facilitating capacity to the way side with Embiid/Lavine ball).

Beal/Lillard I can get behind those moves I’d always do moving up one placement trading a 3rd (Harris/Ben) for the second option and go from there.

Like I’d keep Ben over Thybulle let’s say if CJ is the last available option (If Beal/Lillard are off the table)

CJ+ Covington maybe could be had without giving up Ben.
Thybulle, Harris plus pick

All could be for nought and Beal for Ben happens pretty quickly once the off-season begins. Once again I’m okay with that but this is a big one the defense/Facilitating might be lacking once again. But I’m on board to see how it looks.


Hill
CJ
Covington
Simmons
Embiid

Hill
Beal
Thybulle
Harris
Embiid

Happy with either or.
User avatar
ProcessDoctor
Head Coach
Posts: 6,365
And1: 2,478
Joined: Jul 02, 2006
   

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part IV 

Post#1920 » by ProcessDoctor » Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:24 am

Deleted. Wrong thread.
2020-2021 Philadelphia 76ers:

Simmons/Hill/Maxey
Curry/Milton/Korkmaz
Green/Thybulle/Joe
Harris/Scott/Tolliver
Embiid/Howard/Reed

Return to Philadelphia 76ers