ImageImageImage

Game 47: 76ers vs. Lakers - Sat Jan. 25th - 8:30pm ET ABC

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,098

Re: Game 47: 76ers vs. Lakers - Sat Jan. 25th - 8:30pm ET ABC 

Post#321 » by Arsenal » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:54 am

It's clear as day that Horford needs to go to the bench to be our 6th man. Matisse or Furkan must replace him in the starting lineup.

Will Brett have the balls to do this once Joel comes back???

That solves half our problems.

Joel playing more as a spacer ala Horford when on the court with Ben solves the rest of our offensive problems. If that occurs, we'll be fine with Harris, JRich, and either Thybulle or Korkmaz spacing the floor around them.
nurseryc
Analyst
And1: 1,236

Post#322 » by nurseryc » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:58 am

Kobblehead wrote:
XDevilBoiX wrote:You can tell who is a fan of the team and who is a fan of certain players. It’s not about winning the title to them, they want to just see their fav player succeed.

That's how it's going to be for now on in the upcoming generations. League pass culture.

What you guys are missing is the concept of what is being said. Ben playing like this makes us more dangerous as a team. This style of basketball makes us a better team than any when we play slow ball with Embiid. I can guarantee as soon as Embiid returns he will demand touches and post ups and our style of play will completely revert back to before and Simmons will defer to Embiid. We won’t be as dangerous and as good as we are current playing now.
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,769

Post#323 » by michaelm » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:59 am

nurseryc wrote:
Mik317 wrote:neither Ben or Joel can win by themselves.

This will win you some games but it won't win you a championship.

The dreams of getting Towns, who isn't exactly a winner but do you, is a dream. so at best an Embiid package will be a bunch of solid - to good guys and picks.... Ben could in theory get a great player in return tho but his upside, flaws and all is why that is a dangerous game to play as well.

bottom line is that the best shot this franchise has at winning a chip is with both guys and putting an actual team around them to fit their needs. You saw in this very game before Al went super saiyan (which will not be something you can keep relying on)) Ben was very quiet....until he starts shooting I am not going to build a team around him and only him.

so you aussie boys need to realize that and keep it moving.

please stop rooting for one player's success over the team.

Completely false. Ben can win without Joel. We are a better unit when Joel is out and Ben is able to play his natural game. Your statement is not factual

There must be a Simmons forum, or an Australian NBA players forum, somewhere that you can post on
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,760

Post#324 » by mjkvol » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:00 am

Arsenal wrote:It's becoming clear to everyone that this is how the offense should run, even when Embiid returns. If he accepts the role to space the floor while with Ben, and run the offense through him when Ben is out, the team can be totally dominant. This obviously requires Horford to the bench so he never plays with both Embiid and Simmons at the same time.

Everyone needs to put aside their egos for the team's benefit. If that happens, they can take it all.

No doubt. There's no reason this team cannot play the same way when Embiid is back, and if they do they will be unstoppable. It's critical that at some point the move is made to replace Horford in the starting lineup and let him run with the second team. We can play it like tonight with Ben on the floor with Jo or Ben separately, and as you say, run it through Joel when Ben sits. But if Brett insists on playing Embiid and Horford together to start and in big spots, it will be this team's undoing.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,063

Post#325 » by Kobblehead » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:00 am

nurseryc wrote:What you guys are missing is the concept of what is being said. Ben playing like this makes us more dangerous as a team. This style of basketball makes us a better team than any when we play slow ball with Embiid. I can guarantee as soon as Embiid returns he will demand touches and post ups and our style of play will completely revert back to before and Simmons will defer to Embiid. We won’t be as dangerous and as good as we are current playing now.

Playoff basketball is slow tempo, halfcourt basketball.

Are you under the impression that we can run an umptempo, fastbreak style in the playoffs? Because far more talented teams than us have tried and failed in the past many times.
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,769

Post#326 » by michaelm » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:01 am

nurseryc wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:
XDevilBoiX wrote:You can tell who is a fan of the team and who is a fan of certain players. It’s not about winning the title to them, they want to just see their fav player succeed.

That's how it's going to be for now on in the upcoming generations. League pass culture.

What you guys are missing is the concept of what is being said. Ben playing like this makes us more dangerous as a team. This style of basketball makes us a better team than any when we play slow ball with Embiid. I can guarantee as soon as Embiid returns he will demand touches and post ups and our style of play will completely revert back to before and Simmons will defer to Embiid. We won’t be as dangerous and as good as we are current playing now.

Yes, that scheme will obviously smash the Raptors.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,063

Post#327 » by Kobblehead » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:05 am

BTW, it's worth noting that this was a the 5th game of a road trip for L.A. Spent the last week on the east coast. Looked sluggish for a reason.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,621

Post#328 » by Mik317 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:16 am

nurseryc wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:

there is nothing that should stop Ben from pushing the rock. Horford doesn't run the floor and is often the last one up the floor when breaks stall. Embiid can do that. Yes he needs to space more and do less post ups (again something he has said recently that he is aware of) BUT this idea that just running this is good enough to win it all is flawed as ****....again this was the only win against a good team and it came at home and with the Lakers on a long road trip. there is context to everything that your love of Ben constantly makes you blind to. There are flaws to Embiid's game and approach too. Again post up only is not the wave either and Embiid cannot do it alone either. BUT the answer is not to trade him or Ben nor is it to play to only their strengths and make it so they don't have to adjust their games at all either. Ben will never win a championship as the best player on the team if he does not start shooting the damn ball, Embiid won't win one as the best player if he is unwilling to space the floor and get into shape. HOWEVA they both have a shot together even if they don't fully fix their flaws.

Basketball is a team sport and the fact that so many of yall are so quick to jettison two really really talented players asap for scraps is stupid as hell. We tanked for both of these dudes....i would rather go down with them failing than to just pawn them off so one can have a flawed system around them as they don't add to their games...**** that ****. Get them a ballhandler that allows Ben to screen and roll and one to get Embiid easy looks down low and tons of dudes willing to just launch 3s and you have yourself a perfect squad to have answers for all of their issues. You wouldn't be able to double Embiid as easily. Ben could play the game he has played more because of the more space and both guys won't have to be the equalizer when things get ****. Thats doable and the best move. Trading Embiid isn't; wonky fit and all because we trade him and things don't work out..Ben is **** going to LA the first chance he gets. We trade Ben and that dude will get a jumper so fast and with our luck Embiid's knees will implode lol. Its stupid as hell. You guys are in such a rush when that is exactly why we are in this spot now. Ben and Embiid frustrate the hell out of me in a lot of ways BUT we have both under contract for years to come......in this league having two allstars (one of which again has started 3 all star games in a row) under contract and one of which is dedicated to playing in your city that isn't an attraction is not something you take for granted.

rant over...yall really spoiled this win for me with this bull. Just enjoy the **** win and maybe put the trade everyone **** on the back burner for one goddam night. Especially if you are going to puss out when things aren't going well.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
Goudelock
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,864

Post#329 » by Goudelock » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:17 am

I'd just like to pop in here and say that Matisse Thybulle is probably the most dominant rookie perimeter defender since, IDK, Marcus Smart? As long as he keeps hitting the corner three ball and keeps the ball moving on the perimeter, I have no idea why he doesn't get at least 30 minutes a game?

I only have seen seven or eight Sixers games though, so maybe one of you guys who watch the team on a consistent basis can enlighten me?
Devin Booker wrote:Bro.
Dnt hate
Sixth Man
And1: 899

Post#330 » by Dnt hate » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:18 am

Mik317 wrote:
nurseryc wrote:
Mik317 wrote:neither Ben or Joel can win by themselves.

This will win you some games but it won't win you a championship.

The dreams of getting Towns, who isn't exactly a winner but do you, is a dream. so at best an Embiid package will be a bunch of solid - to good guys and picks.... Ben could in theory get a great player in return tho but his upside, flaws and all is why that is a dangerous game to play as well.

bottom line is that the best shot this franchise has at winning a chip is with both guys and putting an actual team around them to fit their needs. You saw in this very game before Al went super saiyan (which will not be something you can keep relying on)) Ben was very quiet....until he starts shooting I am not going to build a team around him and only him.

so you aussie boys need to realize that and keep it moving.

please stop rooting for one player's success over the team.

Completely false. Ben can win without Joel. We are a better unit when Joel is out and Ben is able to play his natural game. Your statement is not factual

If you took off your Ben blinders for a second you;d see it.

I know you are only here because of Ben so anything that does not fully benefit him is seen as a threat to him. You do this with every one not just Embiid. All of you Ben fans do it. Its annoying and makes reading your posts a waste of time.

Ben has been playing great basketball as of late but the FACT is that this was the first game against a team with a winning record that we beat with this Ben focused lineup. The FACT is that until dude learns to shoot, in the closing minutes of the game,the ball will go in other players hands...thats not best player on the team stuff. Over this stretch when the game got close it was up to Tobias, Al and **** Furkan Korkmaz. That **** cannot fly in the playoffs. The FACT is that trading Embiid will not get back an equal value player be it due to his injury concerns or just reality of star trades never being like for like. Those are the facts.

you guys are so desperate for your boy to get props that you are blind to the FACT that he cannot do it alone and the best option for a running mate is Joel Hans Embiid, 3 time all star starter and top 10 player in the NBA. You don't trade that to play a style of offense that has been proven to not work fully in the playoffs (see Giannis, see Iggy Sixers, see **** NBA history). If you want to start talking FACTS, you need to come with more than "I like this player because he is from my country of origin".

Thats FACT

Thank you, well said, some of these retards are so stupid and annoying, they seem like raptors fans
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,444

Post#331 » by youngcrev » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:19 am

nurseryc wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:

The Sixers have been one of the higher paced teams in the league since Ben started playing. They can absolutely play with pace with Jo on the floor. The difference this year is that they are starting two centers instead of one. When healthy, they've got a big, slow lineup. With Jo out, Tobias and Horford shift up to a position.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,098

Post#332 » by Arsenal » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:22 am

PockyCandy wrote:I'd just like to pop in here and say that Matisse Thybulle is probably the most dominant rookie perimeter defender since, IDK, Marcus Smart? As long as he keeps hitting the corner three ball and keeps the ball moving on the perimeter, I have no idea why he doesn't get at least 30 minutes a game?

I only have seen seven or eight Sixers games though, so maybe one of you guys who watch the team on a consistent basis can enlighten me?

You're absolutely correct. For political reasons we were starting Horford with Simmons and Embiid. When Joel comes back I expect/hope that Thybulle will replace Horford in the starting lineup and play 30 mpg.

Matisse's shooting has been a bit streaky and he started slow, but he's been decent enough on offense ever since December and the defense has been all-world right from the jump.
Dnt hate
Sixth Man

Post#333 » by Dnt hate » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:24 am

nurseryc wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:

You have no idea what your talking about, Embiid is the player we need to play game changing/winning defense and help us win playoff games, where ben will just get stopped by great defenders and slower pace of the playoffs just like the raptors series, u sound like a Raptors fan, get out of the sixers forum plz
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,957

Post#334 » by ankle420breaker » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:28 am

That feeling when you're up in the Poconos with your wife and you've reached the "WE BEAT THE LAKERS AZZ" level of inebriation.

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
Dnt hate
Sixth Man

Post#335 » by Dnt hate » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:30 am

Well during the playoffs its mostly about matchups, let's say Horford starts game 1 at power forward and we lose and it looks bad. I trust that Brett will change it up and bench Horford and I'm sure horford will understand, but as far as the regular season let horford start every game and keep him happy
Jhawk03
Pro Prospect
And1: 335

Post#336 » by Jhawk03 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:48 am

Jhawk03 wrote:Ben's gonna shoot a 3 tonight, book it!

:roll:

Good game and good win.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,339

Post#337 » by 76ciology » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:10 am

PockyCandy wrote:I'd just like to pop in here and say that Matisse Thybulle is probably the most dominant rookie perimeter defender since, IDK, Marcus Smart? As long as he keeps hitting the corner three ball and keeps the ball moving on the perimeter, I have no idea why he doesn't get at least 30 minutes a game?

He gambles too much. Which sometimes has its drawbacks.

A good game to point this was the closing minutes of the Pacers game. We went full court and he gambled a lot that lead to a lot of open 3s.

He also doesnt have the physique of an NBA vet. So he’s not that hard to back down.

His offense is also not that good. There were a lot of times his inability to make a 3 costs us games.

But overall, he’s been great and everyone here likes him. Plus, he has a great personality.

Personally, I like him a hell lot than Roco. Thybulle is a better defender overall from individual and team defense.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#338 » by 76ciology » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:14 am

Dnt hate wrote:Well during the playoffs its mostly about matchups, let's say Horford starts game 1 at power forward and we lose and it looks bad. I trust that Brett will change it up and bench Horford and I'm sure horford will understand, but as far as the regular season let horford start every game and keep him happy

:lol:

Nope. Haven’t you learned?

Brett based his decision on a large sample size of meaningless regular season stats. That’s one thing.

And another thing is having the defense’s big on Biid and Al, strengthens Ben and Tobi.

For instance if Biid is playing.. biid and al can space the floor, pull both D12 and AD out. Ben or Tobi then can attack Danny Green and Caruso.

Then on the other end, Ben will slow down Bron while Biid and Al can take turns slowing down AD.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#339 » by 76ciology » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:17 am

Kobblehead wrote:BTW, it's worth noting that this was a the 5th game of a road trip for L.A. Spent the last week on the east coast. Looked sluggish for a reason.

Which is not that bad compared to not having Biid and Josh Rich.

Bron and AD got their numbers. While what do you expect from Kuzma and the rest of their guys?

Lakers style of play will be strong in the reg season but it will decline in the playoffs.

Play off teams have guys to slow down AD and Bron, and forced their 3rd to 10th guy to step up.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#340 » by 76ciology » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:17 am

I feel confident in a 7 game series against Bucks and Lakers. And these two will most likely the teams we’ll faced in the 3rd and fourth round, if everything falls into place.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers