ImageImageImage

Sixers Lineups Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, Foshan, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 3,882

Re: Sixers Lineups Thread 

Post#61 » by youngcrev » Tue May 12, 2020 12:10 pm

Kobblehead wrote:Brett had a chance to prove that he appreciates ball handlers when he ran the 2018 draft. And it just so happens that the three prospects he was linked to (Kevin Knox, Mikal Bridges, Zhaire Smith) were dribble zeroes.

I presume they still had belief in Fultz at the time, and saw a clearer path for an off ball player to have a greater impact. More fall out from that disaster.

If Markelle would have worked out, this lineup could have been fun:
Fultz | Bridges | Covington | Simmons | Embiid

A bit light offensively, but those 3 on the wing with Jo at the basket could have been tough
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,108

Post#62 » by ankle420breaker » Tue May 12, 2020 5:05 pm

Not losing sleep over Mikal. Averaging less than 1 trey per game at 35%. He's ok defensively and I suppose he'll improve despite already turning 24 later this summer, but he and Zhaire were both low ceiling picks for us when more deserving players were on the board.

Should've walked out of that draft with Shai, Shamet, and Shake, but we just had to get in our own way.

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
SparksFly87
Analyst
And1: 294

Post#63 » by SparksFly87 » Fri May 15, 2020 5:36 pm

Who is a better fit with Embiid and Simmons between Josh Richardson and Tobias Harris? Defense , Pace and Space...
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 12,725

Post#64 » by Kobblehead » Fri May 15, 2020 5:50 pm

Richardson is the better fit, but he's not as good a piece as Robert Covington, for instance. Also, he has a movable contract so he'll be the one to go. We're pretty much stuck with Tobias Harris unless we find a desperate team that makes a rash decision.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 13,297

Post#65 » by 76ciology » Sun May 17, 2020 6:22 am

SparksFly87 wrote:Who is a better fit with Embiid and Simmons between Josh Richardson and Tobias Harris? Defense , Pace and Space...

Tobias. Iook at the on vs off NetRtg for that.

I like both guys but Josh Rich’s shooting is very inconsistent. But if he can develop it he can be a great fit for both Ben and Biid
“Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there is absolutely no point.”
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 641

Post#66 » by 51X3RF4N » Sun May 17, 2020 1:03 pm

I'm not convinced Shake is a viable starter on a championship level team. As a bench piece that fits very well next to Matisse/Korkmaz, and fits well next to Embiid/Simmons as a sub for Richardson, I really like Shake.

Ideally, my lineup would consist of a bench that looks like:

C- Horford
PF- stretch 4
SF- Korkmaz
SG- Thybulle
PG- Shake

Mike Scott playing the way he did last season fills that role of stretch 4, but I'm thinking that spot needs an upgrade in the off-season. Maybe targeting a stretch 4 in the draft is a good idea? Low pressure, 10th man role, for a mid-late 1st round pick...

Starters being Embiid/Harris/Simmons...

But here is where I start to wonder, is Richardson the right fit? There aren't enough assets to start Richardson and find a suitable second starting wing, unless its in the draft. Matisse in my mind simply isn't ready to be a full time starter on a contender.

So is there a deal out there that sends Richardson out and brings in 2 guys who can absolutely light it up from outside?

Ideally you have Simmons, Embiid, Harris and 2 deep threat catch and shoot guys. One of those guys can hopefully do some ball handling/playmaking. I don't think Richardson is good enough as a catch and shoot guy, nor is he consistent enough as a shooter to truly fit well in a lineup that needs more spacing.

Sure, you could put Korkmaz or Thybulle in the starting lineup and trade Richardson for the 5th starter, but I would much rather have all 3 of Shake, Kork, and Thybulle coming off the bench together as a superbly strong, young depth who all fit together.

Do you try to showcase Zhaire a bit more and package him with Richardson to see what kind of return you can get?

Do you try to find talent through the draft that fits better?

I think if you are stuck with Horford and Harris, then opening up Richardson trade talks is the smartest move.
Your Future Sixers:

C- Embiid/Patton
PF- ?/Bolden
SF- Butler/?
SG- ?/Zhaire
PG- Simmons/Shamet
SparksFly87
Analyst
And1: 294

Post#67 » by SparksFly87 » Sun May 31, 2020 9:09 pm

Trade Horford,Zhaire and picks for starting caliber shooter /playmaking and run it back next year.

I like Tobias ,Josh Richardson and Thybulle as high end pporting cast for Simmons and Embiid. Shake, Korkmaz also proven to be reliable shot makers. I think they are a impact shooter/playmaker a way.

I would invest a Mike Muscala or Dario as a 5/4 and Resign Pelle next year for big man depth.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers