ImageImageImage

Sixers Lineups Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Iverson Armband
Starter
And1: 1,588

Re: Sixers Lineups Thread 

Post#101 » by Iverson Armband » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:17 pm

Shake is tragically underrated on this board. So glad everything I’ve read seems to point to Doc and Daryl loving him.

Milton
Green
Simmons
Harris
Embiid
always a jump shot away.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,419

Post#102 » by 76ciology » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:21 pm

Iverson Armband wrote:Shake is tragically underrated on this board. So glad everything I’ve read seems to point to Doc and Daryl loving him.

Milton
Green
Simmons
Harris
Embiid

He’ll be a nice back-up. And im excited to see how Milton-Seth backcourt will look like whenever Ben is not on the floor
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Iverson Armband
Starter

Post#103 » by Iverson Armband » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:26 pm

76ciology wrote:
Iverson Armband wrote:Shake is tragically underrated on this board. So glad everything I’ve read seems to point to Doc and Daryl loving him.

Milton
Green
Simmons
Harris
Embiid

He’ll be a nice back-up. And im excited to see how Milton-Seth backcourt will look like whenever Ben is not on the floor

I think Milton starts based off Morey’s recent comments and quite frankly to this point, he’s earned it (we’ll see how camp ‘shakes’ out). I like Milton/Green and Curry/Thybulle split coming off the bench.
always a jump shot away.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,001

Post#104 » by eyeatoma » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:13 am

Daryl has spoken. I guess this is the starting lineup.

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
M2J
Starter
And1: 1,157

Post#105 » by M2J » Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:51 am

I think it's clear that is an optional starting lineup, and probably the conceived starting lineup.

I'm sure Morey wants to see it like everyone. But, you do know this went be set until training camp, right? If Milton, Thybulle improve considerably... They'll play the best players.

But for now, I hope that perceived starting lineup works out. I also hope Ben can really open things up by attempting to shoot
davesilver
Junior
And1: 204

Post#106 » by davesilver » Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:57 am

Iverson Armband wrote:
76ciology wrote:

Milton
Green
Simmons
Harris
Embiid

I think Milton starts based off Morey’s recent comments and quite frankly to this point, he’s earned it (we’ll see how camp ‘shakes’ out). I like Milton/Green and Curry/Thybulle split coming off the bench.

man... i don't know which duo I'd prefer. Both sound great

I wonder if we could run something like:
Maxey - Shake - Matisse - Ben - Embiid

Theoretically could be interesting if Shake/Maxey can create enough.
Iverson Armband
Starter

Post#107 » by Iverson Armband » Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:07 am

davesilver wrote:
Iverson Armband wrote:
76ciology wrote:

man... i don't know which duo I'd prefer. Both sound great

I wonder if we could run something like:
Maxey - Shake - Matisse - Ben - Embiid

Theoretically could be interesting if Shake/Maxey can create enough.

I’d love that lineup in spurts. You hope that one of Maxey/Milton turns in to solid defender so that could be the starting lineup in a year or so if Tobias is moved and no other moves are made.
always a jump shot away.
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,957

Post#108 » by ankle420breaker » Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:51 am

If Maxey turns out to be a contributor I'd feel alright about rolling out a 2nd unit of Maxey, Milton, Thybulle, and Howard.

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#109 » by eyeatoma » Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:14 am

M2J wrote:I think it's clear that is an optional starting lineup, and probably the conceived starting lineup.

I'm sure Morey wants to see it like everyone. But, you do know this went be set until training camp, right? If Milton, Thybulle improve considerably... They'll play the best players.

But for now, I hope that perceived starting lineup works out. I also hope Ben can really open things up by attempting to shoot

Agreed, things will be decided in training camp. However we might not have enough shooting with other lineups. If you keep curry, and swap Green for Thybulle, that's not going to be enough shooting.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#110 » by 76ciology » Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:57 am

Have you guys went passed our starting unit?

I like a couple of our 2nd unit combinations also

Seth
Milton
Thybulle
Mike Scott
Biid

Milton
Kork
Ben
Tobi
D12
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Post#111 » by 51X3RF4N » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:21 am

76ciology wrote:Have you guys went passed our starting unit?

Seth
Milton
Thybulle
Mike Scott
Biid

Milton
Kork
Ben
Tobi
D12
I think its likely we will see Green sit first, with Thybulle coming in. And the not too far after that we will see Joel go out and Dwight come in. This is where we need Shake to come in at the same time.

Ben
Seth
Matisse
Tobias
Dwight

That's not quite enough offense for my liking. But I see Matisse and Dwight as the 6th and 7th guys, with Shake and Tyrese not far behind as 8th and 9th men.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
76ciology
RealGM

Post#112 » by 76ciology » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:32 am

51X3RF4N wrote:

Seth
Milton
Thybulle
Mike Scott
Biid

Milton
Kork
Ben
Tobi
D12
I think its likely we will see Green sit first, with Thybulle coming in. And the not too far after that we will see Joel go out and Dwight come in. This is where we need Shake to come in at the same time.

Ben
Seth
Matisse
Tobias
Dwight

That's not quite enough offense for my liking. But I see Matisse and Dwight as the 6th and 7th guys, with Shake and Tyrese not far behind as 8th and 9th men.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app

Given that Seth will very likely replace JJ, I’m guessing he would be paired with Biid a lot.

Guys like Ben or LeBron, benefits playing with a stretch 4 who can score. So we have seen Ben paired with Dario or Tobi.

I see the league going small at the 1-2-3 positions (OKC best 5 man unit and Mavs playoff unit), I can see us doing the same with Biid on the floor and a 1-2-3 of Seth-Milton-Thybulle.

I say, if Green sits, then Milton enters. I LOVE the Seth-Milton pairing. Ben and Biid are on the floor so you can still play good defense.

You should be able to build a comfortable margin at this point.

Then Ben and Tobi will sit at the same time. Then Thybulle and Mike Scott will enter.

Then Biid and Seth will sit at the same time. D12 and Kork or maybe even Green will enter.

Its chicken or egg IMO, doesnt really matter at exact in and outs. As long as we have a good 5 man unit at all times which I can on this roster.
Olabikkel
Freshman
And1: 15

Post#113 » by Olabikkel » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:13 am

There are a lot of players Who could help/fortify and give a scoring punch in the 2nd unit.

B. Clarke/bjelica at 4.
D. White/rozier/d. Rose/reggie Jackson (why didnt we sign him in fa?).

But i think we will start with the team we have and maybe get mid season trades and dont waste assets now.

I agree thybulle and howard are nr 6 and 7 but not much scoring ability. Milton and khorkmaz do have that scoring ability. Scott will get some minutes also and if he shoots better could be ok.
Lets hope maxey is already better than we hope and we could play backcourt maxey-milton in our 2nd unit, that could give good scoring punch. And Who knows, joe doesnt hesitate to shoot and would be nice scoring punch also.
TTP
Head Coach
And1: 4,398

Post#114 » by TTP » Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:13 am

I'm not sure Maxey is in the rotation to start the season, at least not playing ahead of Furkan. Furkan had a good year last year and probably comes in after Shake and Matisse. If Maxey gets minutes, it's after those guys, but I'd expect Ben/Shake/Seth to handle most of the PG minutes.

It's also worth mentioning that I think rookies will get even less minutes than normal this year, with a lower chance of breaking into the rotation early due to the effects of COVID. No summer league, very little training camp, only 2 preseason game, plus a shortened season (so fewer games to experiment and less room to make mistakes) - overall just less time for a rookie to integrate and show something. All of that points to coaches likely sticking to proven NBA players.
jonjames is a signature bet welcher.

Appostis wrote:You're friend ..is a idiot.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,446

Post#115 » by youngcrev » Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:14 pm

Seth
Milton
Thybulle
Mike Scott
Biid

Milton
Kork
Ben
Tobi
D12

I like:
Starters: Curry | Green | Harris | Simmons | Embiid
Pull Harris for a G-F
Bench unit+Harris: Shake/Thybulle/G-F/Harris/Howard

Korkmaz is a placeholder that missing spot for me at the moment but could easily lose his spot to Scott, Ferguson and Maxey (or maybe even a guy like Joe).

At the moment I'm very much in on the idea of breaking up the Embiid/Simmons stagger and letting a Shake/Tobi have high usage second unit lineups with Dwight.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#116 » by eyeatoma » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:49 pm

youngcrev wrote:

Seth
Milton
Thybulle
Mike Scott
Biid

Milton
Kork
Ben
Tobi
D12

I like:
Pull Harris for a G-F

Korkmaz is a placeholder that missing spot for me at the moment but could easily lose his spot to Scott, Ferguson and Maxey (or maybe even a guy like Joe).

At the moment I'm very much in on the idea of breaking up the Embiid/Simmons stagger and letting a Shake/Tobi have high usage second unit lineups with Dwight.

I believe it's been rumored that Harris will be at the 4. Which is his best spot. So it'll be Ben at the 1 again.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,446

Post#117 » by youngcrev » Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:40 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
youngcrev wrote:

Seth
Milton
Thybulle
Mike Scott
Biid

Milton
Kork
Ben
Tobi
D12

I like:
Pull Harris for a G-F

I believe it's been rumored that Harris will be at the 4. Which is his best spot. So it'll be Ben at the 1 again.

Does it really matter what you label them if it's the same players on the floor?
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,043

Post#118 » by Sixerscan » Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:46 pm

youngcrev wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
youngcrev wrote:
I like:
Pull Harris for a G-F

Does it really matter what you label them if it's the same players on the floor?

Having Horford out there with them probably mattered but Ben and Harris can probably both to a large extent play their versions of the "4" on the court together.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,080

Post#119 » by Kobblehead » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:11 am

Joel Embiid
Paul Reed
Danny Green
Matisse Thybulle
Ben Simmons
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,703

Post#120 » by the_process » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:44 am

It would make sense if they couple Green to Milton and Thybulle to Curry on any secondary units.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers