ImageImageImage

Sixers Lineups Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, Foshan, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

User avatar
GeorgeMarcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 14,739
And1: 17,917
Joined: Jun 17, 2006
   

Re: Sixers Lineups Thread 

Post#21 » by GeorgeMarcus » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:12 pm

Arsenal wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:Do we plan on using a full 10-man rotation in the playoffs? If not, who draws the short stick between Burks, Korkmaz, Thybulle, GR3 and Scott? I assume Shake is out of the regular rotation for good now.


Scott has to be the one to go. He's been terrible. As for the rest, it may depend on who is hot, ala the game against the Clips where Kork was cold so GRIII played more in the 2nd half.

I'd like to see a 9 man rotation in the playoffs.


Yeah pretty much my thoughts exactly.
"Where I'm from, bullies get bullied." - Zach Randolph

The Legend of George Marcus
Negrodamus
RealGM
Posts: 13,675
And1: 5,402
Joined: Aug 05, 2004

Re: Sixers Lineups Thread 

Post#22 » by Negrodamus » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:13 pm

I'd do Embiid - Harris- Simmons - Shake or Burks - Richardson

I want guys who can shoot and can get into the teeth of the defense on the court at all times. This lineup provides the maximum amount of that for the immediate future. Outside of this year is hard to project since I don't know if we'll even be keeping Brett beyond this year.
User avatar
Arsenal
General Manager
Posts: 9,227
And1: 4,599
Joined: Jun 05, 2002
Location: Arlington, VA
         

Re: Sixers Lineups Thread 

Post#23 » by Arsenal » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:16 pm

Negrodamus wrote:I'd do Embiid - Harris- Simmons - Shake or Burks - Richardson

I want guys who can shoot and can get into the teeth of the defense on the court at all times. This lineup provides the maximum amount of that for the immediate future. Outside of this year is hard to project since I don't know if we'll even be keeping Brett beyond this year.


I'm very confident Brett would rather go with Thybulle instead of Shake/Burks in your lineup for defensive purposes. What he wants more than anything is a switchable defensive lineup with zero liabilities that can be hunted.
#ThankYouSam | #TrustTheProcess
youngcrev
RealGM
Posts: 21,405
And1: 3,927
Joined: Jun 12, 2005
Location: Philadelphia(ish)
   

Re: Sixers Lineups Thread 

Post#24 » by youngcrev » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:17 pm

GeorgeMarcus wrote:Do we plan on using a full 10-man rotation in the playoffs? If not, who draws the short stick between Burks, Korkmaz, Thybulle, GR3 and Scott? I assume Shake is out of the regular rotation for good now.


Probably depends on matchups. Last year Bobi was great in the Nets series, but unplayable against the Raptors. I wonder if we end up seeing something similar with Korkmaz, with good teams targeting him to death and him not being able to produce enough on the other end to justify playing time.

Of those guys, I'd say Scott is a pretty easy choice to be completely out of the rotation unless he has a drastic turn around.
Negrodamus
RealGM
Posts: 13,675
And1: 5,402
Joined: Aug 05, 2004

Re: Sixers Lineups Thread 

Post#25 » by Negrodamus » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:20 pm

Arsenal wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:I'd do Embiid - Harris- Simmons - Shake or Burks - Richardson

I want guys who can shoot and can get into the teeth of the defense on the court at all times. This lineup provides the maximum amount of that for the immediate future. Outside of this year is hard to project since I don't know if we'll even be keeping Brett beyond this year.


I'm very confident Brett would rather go with Thybulle instead of Shake/Burks in your lineup for defensive purposes. What he wants more than anything is a switchable defensive lineup with zero liabilities that can be hunted.


Oh, don't I know. I'm just saying my preference. I also would have preferred not starting two centers for the majority of the year, but I don't make the decisions.
mjkvol
Junior
Posts: 255
And1: 117
Joined: Apr 13, 2019

Re: Sixers Lineups Thread 

Post#26 » by mjkvol » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:03 pm

I don't like Korkmaz or Thybulle starting. To me they are best suited as instant offense and a defensive terror coming off the bench. I don't believe any lineup should be written in stone - with the amount of flexibility this group affords Brett, he should set his starters and rotations based on whatever the matchups favor that night.

I'd love to see a second unit of Horford-Kork-Thybulle-Burks-Simmons at some point for a little small ball. You have spacers, a couple of post players, a guy who can get his own shot, and a group that can run.
ankle420breaker
General Manager
Posts: 7,874
And1: 1,112
Joined: Sep 21, 2005
Location: South Jersey

Re: Sixers Lineups Thread 

Post#27 » by ankle420breaker » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:26 pm

mjkvol wrote:I don't like Korkmaz or Thybulle starting. To me they are best suited as instant offense and a defensive terror coming off the bench. I don't believe any lineup should be written in stone - with the amount of flexibility this group affords Brett, he should set his starters and rotations based on whatever the matchups favor that night.

I'd love to see a second unit of Horford-Kork-Thybulle-Burks-Simmons at some point for a little small ball. You have spacers, a couple of post players, a guy who can get his own shot, and a group that can run.
Add to that what should be a nice pick-and-roll game between Burks and Horford.

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
LloydFree
RealGM
Posts: 13,663
And1: 9,678
Joined: Aug 20, 2012
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Re: Sixers Lineups Thread 

Post#28 » by LloydFree » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:55 am

I think Burks and GR3's games compliment Horford's game the most, so I'd get most of their minutes when he's on the court. I'd start Thybulle or Korkmaz. In the playoffs I'd lean towards Thybulle as the starter, because he'll be less likely to get ticky-tack fouls called when the game changes.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
phifans
Veteran
Posts: 2,563
And1: 479
Joined: Feb 10, 2009
       

Re: Sixers Lineups Thread 

Post#29 » by phifans » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:36 am

Start with GR3 as your fifth man and end with Thybulle / Kork / Al based on different situation.
User avatar
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,539
And1: 641
Joined: Feb 14, 2008
       

Re: Sixers Lineups Thread 

Post#30 » by 51X3RF4N » Mon Mar 2, 2020 1:14 pm

These last few weeks are why I love this thread idea.

At the moment, Brett is finally giving Shake a chance and he is showing the confidence and in my mind the skill to be an every day NBA player. He may not be the world's best defender, but he gets buckets in any setting, which is something this team sorely lacks.

And it's not as though he is an inefficient chucker, and that's a big deal. If he was scoring 39 on 32 shots, I'd be more concerned about Joel and Ben not getting enough touches because Shake is a gunner. But that's not the scenario here.

The more I see Korkmaz and Thybulle, the more I want them both coming off the bench together.

Shake is on a contract for 3 more seasons after this one, and he's still young enough to continue to develop some defensive capabilities too.

If I'm looking at a playoff rotation today, I'm including Shake in the starting 5 with JRich, Ben, Joel and Tobi. The biggest issue will be consistency from Shake. As long as he doesn't fall into an offensive black hole, then he will bring that scoring mentality to the offense, which is honestly a game changer.

Bench of Al and Thybulle for sure. Korkmaz, GR3, and Burks are the dudes battling for 2 spots.
Your Future Sixers:

C- Embiid/Patton
PF- ?/Bolden
SF- Butler/?
SG- ?/Zhaire
PG- Simmons/Shamet
phillynative
Analyst
Posts: 3,290
And1: 550
Joined: Dec 13, 2014

Re: Sixers Lineups Thread 

Post#31 » by phillynative » Mon Mar 2, 2020 3:51 pm

51X3RF4N wrote:These last few weeks are why I love this thread idea.

At the moment, Brett is finally giving Shake a chance and he is showing the confidence and in my mind the skill to be an every day NBA player. He may not be the world's best defender, but he gets buckets in any setting, which is something this team sorely lacks.

And it's not as though he is an inefficient chucker, and that's a big deal. If he was scoring 39 on 32 shots, I'd be more concerned about Joel and Ben not getting enough touches because Shake is a gunner. But that's not the scenario here.

The more I see Korkmaz and Thybulle, the more I want them both coming off the bench together.

Shake is on a contract for 3 more seasons after this one, and he's still young enough to continue to develop some defensive capabilities too.

If I'm looking at a playoff rotation today, I'm including Shake in the starting 5 with JRich, Ben, Joel and Tobi. The biggest issue will be consistency from Shake. As long as he doesn't fall into an offensive black hole, then he will bring that scoring mentality to the offense, which is honestly a game changer.

Bench of Al and Thybulle for sure. Korkmaz, GR3, and Burks are the dudes battling for 2 spots.


Everyone has had their chance. Thybulle and Korkmaz can't shoot on the road and right now are more specialists than anything. Grob has been a dud which is disappointing because with his toolset he could have fit in nicely at the 3. So far he hasn't hit a 3 and he's a average or below average defender and that doesn't work with Tobi.

Shake gives you another playmaker who can shoot which is what we been missing all along. He is not great at anything yet but he isn't bad at anything either. I would take Jrich off the ball as the point guard and let him focus on scoring and defense. Shake is a P&R scorer that can also shoot the 3 , he tries on defense and versatile enough to play on or off the ball.

I think he has won that 5th spot for the rest of the season
User avatar
ProcessDoctor
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,627
And1: 2,165
Joined: Jul 02, 2006
   

Re: Sixers Lineups Thread 

Post#32 » by ProcessDoctor » Mon Mar 2, 2020 4:06 pm

Starting Shake is logical but that doesn’t mean it’ll happen. Brett has dropped the ball too many times with our lineup. I’m not expecting him to suddenly get what this team needs.
2019-2020 Philadelphia 76ers:

Simmons/Milton/Neto
Richardson/Korkmaz/Smith
Robinson/Burks/Thybulle
Harris/Scott
Embiid/Horford/Pelle/O’Quinn
Dnt hate
Junior
Posts: 479
And1: 241
Joined: Jun 14, 2016

Re: Sixers Lineups Thread 

Post#33 » by Dnt hate » Mon Mar 2, 2020 8:12 pm

Embiid/Horford
Harris/Gr3/Horford
Simmons/thybulle/kork/gr3
Jrich/burks/shake
Shake/simmons/burks

So depending on the matchups be open to switch up thybulle kork and gr3
Sportfan73
Starter
Posts: 2,012
And1: 420
Joined: Jun 18, 2015
   

Re: Sixers Lineups Thread 

Post#34 » by Sportfan73 » Mon Mar 2, 2020 8:23 pm

:evil:
Dnt hate wrote:Embiid/Horford
Harris/Gr3/Horford
Simmons/thybulle/kork/gr3
Jrich/burks/shake
Shake/simmons/burks

So depending on the matchups be open to switch up thybulle kork and gr3

Ben 32/burks 8/shake 8
Shake 20 /burks 20/ tiise 8
Josh 32/ tiise 16
Tobi 36/ al 8/ Ben 4
JoJo 32/al 16

Ben 36
Tobi 36
Josh 32
JoJo 32
Shake 28
Burks 28
Tiise 24
AL 24

Can’t see kork or GR3 touching the court without foul trouble or injuries
phillynative
Analyst
Posts: 3,290
And1: 550
Joined: Dec 13, 2014

Re: Sixers Lineups Thread 

Post#35 » by phillynative » Tue Mar 3, 2020 12:58 am

I don't think Ben will play as many minutes as before the injury
User avatar
76ciology
RealGM
Posts: 42,298
And1: 13,306
Joined: Jun 06, 2002
Contact:

Re: Sixers Lineups Thread 

Post#36 » by 76ciology » Tue Mar 3, 2020 2:50 am

Let Shake play Jj’s role.
Let JRich play Butler’s role.

Shake
Josh
Ben
Tobi
Biid
^ starting 5

Pairing off the bench:
Jrich-Shake-Biid
Ben-Tobi-Al
“Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there is absolutely no point.”
User avatar
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,539
And1: 641
Joined: Feb 14, 2008
       

Re: Sixers Lineups Thread 

Post#37 » by 51X3RF4N » Tue Mar 3, 2020 11:21 am

ProcessDoctor wrote:Starting Shake is logical but that doesn’t mean it’ll happen. Brett has dropped the ball too many times with our lineup. I’m not expecting him to suddenly get what this team needs.
So true...there is the Brett factor.
Your Future Sixers:

C- Embiid/Patton
PF- ?/Bolden
SF- Butler/?
SG- ?/Zhaire
PG- Simmons/Shamet
User avatar
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,539
And1: 641
Joined: Feb 14, 2008
       

Re: Sixers Lineups Thread 

Post#38 » by 51X3RF4N » Tue Mar 3, 2020 11:24 am

phillynative wrote:
51X3RF4N wrote:These last few weeks are why I love this thread idea.

At the moment, Brett is finally giving Shake a chance and he is showing the confidence and in my mind the skill to be an every day NBA player. He may not be the world's best defender, but he gets buckets in any setting, which is something this team sorely lacks.

And it's not as though he is an inefficient chucker, and that's a big deal. If he was scoring 39 on 32 shots, I'd be more concerned about Joel and Ben not getting enough touches because Shake is a gunner. But that's not the scenario here.

The more I see Korkmaz and Thybulle, the more I want them both coming off the bench together.

Shake is on a contract for 3 more seasons after this one, and he's still young enough to continue to develop some defensive capabilities too.

If I'm looking at a playoff rotation today, I'm including Shake in the starting 5 with JRich, Ben, Joel and Tobi. The biggest issue will be consistency from Shake. As long as he doesn't fall into an offensive black hole, then he will bring that scoring mentality to the offense, which is honestly a game changer.

Bench of Al and Thybulle for sure. Korkmaz, GR3, and Burks are the dudes battling for 2 spots.


Everyone has had their chance. Thybulle and Korkmaz can't shoot on the road and right now are more specialists than anything. Grob has been a dud which is disappointing because with his toolset he could have fit in nicely at the 3. So far he hasn't hit a 3 and he's a average or below average defender and that doesn't work with Tobi.

Shake gives you another playmaker who can shoot which is what we been missing all along. He is not great at anything yet but he isn't bad at anything either. I would take Jrich off the ball as the point guard and let him focus on scoring and defense. Shake is a P&R scorer that can also shoot the 3 , he tries on defense and versatile enough to play on or off the ball.

I think he has won that 5th spot for the rest of the season
I've also been thinking about the backup stretch 4 role that we are missing when Mike Scott is "off".

Would GR3 be an option there?? In a smaller ball setting? He's barely an inch shorter than Scott and a few lbs lighter, but he's athletic, plays at the rim, has strength to defend in the post a bit, and can hit corner 3's.

I'd like to see a lineup of:

Horford
GR3
Korkmaz
Thybulle
Burks

Off the bench at some point. See how that goes?

That essentially gives you a 10 man playoff rotation, even though Brett has said he wants a 9 man playoff rotation. Why would you not want another guy who get play minutes to keep others fresh?
Your Future Sixers:

C- Embiid/Patton
PF- ?/Bolden
SF- Butler/?
SG- ?/Zhaire
PG- Simmons/Shamet
ankle420breaker
General Manager
Posts: 7,874
And1: 1,112
Joined: Sep 21, 2005
Location: South Jersey

Re: Sixers Lineups Thread 

Post#39 » by ankle420breaker » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:34 pm

I've regained some confidence in our depth with Shake's growth and having Burke on the 2nd unit. Both are capable of being triple threats in halfcourt sets, something we've lived without for the better part of the season. We may have to lean on them more than usual in certain playoff situations.

Latest rumors predict June as the earliest timeline to resume play. Needless to say, it's more sufficient recovery time for Ben.

The break sort of provides an opportunity to do a mid-season reset. Expectations being lowered could work in our favor. Hopefully we're able to feast against an easier remaining schedule and get our swagger back for the playoff run.


Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
Wilfried
Veteran
Posts: 2,955
And1: 1,016
Joined: May 24, 2007

Re: Sixers Lineups Thread 

Post#40 » by Wilfried » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:48 am

I set my mind for a cancelled season and am looking for next season.

To me, 1 player we really have to retain is Alec Burks. Have been a fan of him in his Utah days, and he gives us something we need, as in: he can create for himself and can attack the basket and draw fouls at a good rate.

If we can move Shake into the starting line-up next season, our bench unit should be: Horford - Burks - Korkmaz - Thybulle as most important parts. That seems like a great unit to have. Mix of experience and athleticism, some playmaking, decent shooting, ...
Pelle - Scott and Smith are also on our pay role. The 2 latter I can imagine, are traded for some (future) picks probably.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers