Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,644

Re: Ennis Appreciation Thread 

Post#21 » by Howard Mass » Thu Feb 6, 2020 9:19 pm

SixthStreet wrote:
Howard Mass wrote:
Wilfried wrote:Draft pick in which year?

Lakers 2020 2nd.

I'm surprised it's not the top 55 protected fake 2nd. Here we go to find the next Shayock!

It will be in the 50's regardless.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,776

Post#22 » by Skates » Thu Feb 6, 2020 9:35 pm

I liked Ennis, not a great player, but tough and played hard. Kind of sad we couldn’t find someone to dump Mike Scott on instead.
VDT
Analyst
And1: 2,106

Post#23 » by VDT » Thu Feb 6, 2020 9:46 pm

He is probably a victim of the roster construction. I think on a more reasonably built team he can have some value.
Lou_23
Bench Warmer
And1: 725

Post#24 » by Lou_23 » Thu Feb 6, 2020 9:54 pm

Ennis' agent, Scott Nichols of Rize Management, told NBC Sports Philadelphia that Ennis wanted to stay in Philadelphia and "loved the organization," but that he didn't see a role for himself with the team's recent moves. The Sixers’ additions early Thursday morning of wings Alec Burks and Glenn Robinson III boosted the team’s depth at the position.

A team source noted to NBC Sports Philadelphia that the Sixers decided to move Ennis to give him a chance at a bigger role on another team, given he would not have played much with the Sixers in the context of the trade for Burks and Robinson, and the emergence of young players like Matisse Thybulle, Furkan Korkmaz and Shake Milton.
Rastas
Starter
And1: 1,174

Post#25 » by Rastas » Thu Feb 6, 2020 10:20 pm

Best of luck in your future James, many thanks for some fun memories.

Sent from my A5 using RealGM mobile app
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,736

Post#26 » by phillynative » Thu Feb 6, 2020 10:38 pm

Lou_23 wrote:
Ennis' agent, Scott Nichols of Rize Management, told NBC Sports Philadelphia that Ennis wanted to stay in Philadelphia and "loved the organization," but that he didn't see a role for himself with the team's recent moves. The Sixers’ additions early Thursday morning of wings Alec Burks and Glenn Robinson III boosted the team’s depth at the position.

A team source noted to NBC Sports Philadelphia that the Sixers decided to move Ennis to give him a chance at a bigger role on another team, given he would not have played much with the Sixers in the context of the trade for Burks and Robinson, and the emergence of young players like Matisse Thybulle, Furkan Korkmaz and Shake Milton.

Good ish atleast it was a amicable
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#27 » by LloydFree » Thu Feb 6, 2020 11:37 pm

I liked Ennis. Always thought he was a good pick up. Just got caught in a numbers game. Shake Milton has developed to the point where he does everything Ennis can do, plus he can handle the ball. Ennis had no role, even before the trade.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down

Return to Philadelphia 76ers