ImageImageImage

Fantasy Trade Thread 2019-2020 Post Season

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

mithrandir17
Veteran
And1: 1,608

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 2019-2020 Post Season 

Post#1981 » by mithrandir17 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:26 pm

I would rather have Horford backup Embiid again than pray that Conley's injury concern goes away. Plus Conley's expiring deal does nothing to our cap space situation.
eminence
RealGM
And1: 10,617

Post#1982 » by eminence » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:52 pm

I'd have to seriously consider both of the deals posted. I don't think either is unfair, and think I'd eventually say yes if there wasn't anything else out there. Though I'd hope we at least asked for one of Thybulle/Milton when we first sat down for the deal :)
I bought a boat.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,673

Post#1983 » by the_process » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:57 pm

76ciology wrote:I dont know what Rockets plans are.

But one scenario I’m looking is that they may go for a rebuild. A new GM usually would do things that would set his identity.

If they’re going to do a rebuild, I can see them trading Harden. The recent news of Rockets asking for Embiid could be their way of asking for more and really just settling for what they want. Or could be their way of saying Harden has higher value than both Embiid and Ben. Anchoring.

That said.. would you trade Ben for Harden? Or Harden for Embiid?

Before you say no, realized that no matter we decide here plays no factor in real life.

I think either a Harden-Ben or Harden-Biid duo can work.

Harden
Tobias
Roco?
Ben
Al

I can actually see this as a better team that what we have now.

If you go for a Harden and Biid, you can go Lakers mode and dont give an F and just fill the roster with guys like Caruso or McGee (im exaggerating but you get my point).

Assuming Houston is adding nothing to Harden:

Absolutely trade Ben for Harden, in a heartbeat. Gives you a solid three year window to win a chip.

Jo is harder. I'm not sure a Ben/Harden team really works, I'm not sure that team really can win a chip right away. You might waste a year and then have to trade Ben too, and now you've shortened the window down. I probably pass on Jo for Harden.
the_process
RealGM

Post#1984 » by the_process » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:00 pm

Monix wrote:
eminence wrote:What's the current need to dump Horford? Willing to add anything to Conley for Horford?

Horford, Scott & #21 for Conley

gotta give the pick to get off the money

That's just wasting assets to dump money next year without gaining any flexibility and making the team worse.
Monix
Pro Prospect
And1: 660

Post#1985 » by Monix » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:03 pm

the_process wrote:
Monix wrote:
eminence wrote:What's the current need to dump Horford? Willing to add anything to Conley for Horford?

Horford, Scott & #21 for Conley

That's just wasting assets to dump money next year without gaining any flexibility and making the team worse.

Horford has 3/$81 left on his deal, Conley has 1/$34.5 - one 1st rounder is light for $45M
PhillyNj
Sixth Man
And1: 535

Post#1986 » by PhillyNj » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:20 pm

Monix wrote:
the_process wrote:
Monix wrote:Horford, Scott & #21 for Conley

Horford has 3/$81 left on his deal, Conley has 1/$34.5 - one 1st rounder is light for $45M

Horford last year isn’t fully guaranteed he has 3 69mil guaranteed.
I’d still rather keep Horford than take back grandpopley.
Olabikkel
Freshman
And1: 15

Post#1987 » by Olabikkel » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:11 pm

Im Reading rumors want Embiid, and keep harden, but want to trade Westbrook, probably to third team (nyk), quite difficult to imagine what such a trade would look like. What is Embiid worth, what is westbrook worth? How much is hou/nyk willing to give up?

Maybe this is too much for phi or we think here it is not enough, but is this acceptable/worth thinking about when
I think phi hopes to get more for Embiid.

Phi out Embiid, korkmaz
In covington, rivers, ellington, bullock, nr8 2020, dal 2021 1rnd, nyk 2022 1rnd

Nyk out Gibson, bullock, ellington, portis, nr8 2020, dal 1 2021 , nyk 2022 1rnd
In westbrook, korkmaz

Hou out westbrook, covington
In Embiid, portis, Gibson

I think nyk is not willing to give up that much in picks, but phi wont Settle for much less. Probleiim is hou doesnt have much assets.
Phi could give nyk/hou pick 36, 49, 58 2020. Hou could trade 2022 1rnd. Phi could Ask nyk for robinson (but Will they give him up?).
Pick swaps could be Included. Nyk could throw in dal 2023 1rnd, 2021 char 2rnd
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,661

Post#1988 » by Negrodamus » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:14 pm

That is not a good return for Embiid. I'd rather keep him.
Phillyboy
Analyst
And1: 19

Post#1989 » by Phillyboy » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:14 pm

the_process wrote:

But one scenario I’m looking is that they may go for a rebuild. A new GM usually would do things that would set his identity.

If they’re going to do a rebuild, I can see them trading Harden. The recent news of Rockets asking for Embiid could be their way of asking for more and really just settling for what they want. Or could be their way of saying Harden has higher value than both Embiid and Ben. Anchoring.

Before you say no, realized that no matter we decide here plays no factor in real life.

Harden
Tobias
Roco?
Ben
Al

If you go for a Harden and Biid, you can go Lakers mode and dont give an F and just fill the roster with guys like Caruso or McGee (im exaggerating but you get my point).

Absolutely trade Ben for Harden, in a heartbeat. Gives you a solid three year window to win a chip.

Jo is harder. I'm not sure a Ben/Harden team really works, I'm not sure that team really can win a chip right away. You might waste a year and then have to trade Ben too, and now you've shortened the window down. I probably pass on Jo for Harden.

Even with a new GM and coach I think Houston would much rather move Westbrook than Harden. They should get a fairly strong return for Russ to surround Harden if they do shop him. Really, Harden is too good to trade and with a second star available as trade bait they don't have to
Be a thinker. Not a stinker- Apollo Creed
the_process
RealGM

Post#1990 » by the_process » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:36 am

Phillyboy wrote:
the_process wrote:

Harden
Tobias
Roco?
Ben
Al

Even with a new GM and coach I think Houston would much rather move Westbrook than Harden. They should get a fairly strong return for Russ to surround Harden if they do shop him. Really, Harden is too good to trade and with a second star available as trade bait they don't have to

Westbrook is likely negative value at this point, but you can probably find a star starved team (looking at DET) that would give a little something to take a chance on him. But I don't think it would be a lot.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,335

Post#1991 » by 76ciology » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:03 am

Please no westbrook. Please no. I’d rather have two ben simmons at the dunker spot. :lol:
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Phillyboy
Analyst
And1: 19

Post#1992 » by Phillyboy » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:11 pm

76ciology wrote:Please no westbrook. Please no. I’d rather have two ben simmons at the dunker spot. :lol:

Oh hell yes i agree for a lot of reasons. No Westbrook here. My thoughts are that Houston would much rather move Westbrook than Harden (wouldn't you if you were them) and i do believe for a strong return (several potential buyers). They'd be a better team if they surrounded Harden with a more complimentary second star and solid role players including a big man. Maybe they get a pick or two as well. Teams out there star hunting and those in small markets looking to make a splash could pay a nice price.

BUT NOT US!! :D
Be a thinker. Not a stinker- Apollo Creed
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,335

Post#1993 » by 76ciology » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:41 pm

Phillyboy wrote:
76ciology wrote:Please no westbrook. Please no. I’d rather have two ben simmons at the dunker spot. :lol:

Oh hell yes i agree for a lot of reasons. No Westbrook here. My thoughts are that Houston would much rather move Westbrook than Harden (wouldn't you if you were them) and i do believe for a strong return (several potential buyers). They'd be a better team if they surrounded Harden with a more complimentary second star and solid role players including a big man. Maybe they get a pick or two as well. Teams out there star hunting and those in small markets looking to make a splash could pay a nice price.

BUT NOT US!! :D

By the end of the 2021-2022 season, Harden will be 33.

He’s 31 now. If the season starts by March of 2021, then you’re looking the season to end at around october of 2022. Elton, if you use this line I’m going to charge you a fee. And looking at Tobi and Al’s contract, I know you are a really generous guy :lol:

I dont think they trading Harden for Ben would be bad for them.

They could just trade RW for some cap space and pick, worse comes to worst.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
ProcessDoctor
General Manager
And1: 5,153

Post#1994 » by ProcessDoctor » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:59 pm

CHI out: LaVine, Porter, Felicio
CHI in: Hield, Horford, Smith, #21, 2021 NYK 2nd

PHI out: Horford, Richardson, Smith, #21, 2021 NYK 2nd
PHI in: LaVine, Barnes

SAC out: Hield, Barnes
SAC in: Porter, Richardson, Felicio

Simmons(32)/Milton(16)
LaVine(32)/Milton(8)/Korkmaz(8)
Barnes(12)/Thybulle(28)/Korkmaz(8)
Harris(32)/Barnes(16)
Embiid(30)/MLE(18)

Simmons/Milton/#49
LaVine/Korkmaz/#36
Barnes/Thybulle/Shayok
Harris/Scott/#34
Embiid/MLE/Pelle
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Council
Oubre/Batum/Martin
Harris/Covington/Wilson
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,667

Post#1995 » by rzzzzz » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:36 pm

yeah, pairing up Harden with Embiid makes a lot of sense for Houston. glad Morey is gone, so as not to give him the chance to fleece Elton. who, i think has some appreciation about quality over quantity.

which would also be true for the offer Miami will make. i'm sure Jimmy would love getting back together with the big guy. and i'm sure that after much huffing and puffing that Pat would eventually part with Bam, along with one of his beloved young shooters, to get this done. because as much as they love Bam, especially the block against Tatum, the truth is that AD was, and will always be, too good for Bam to contain. Embiid is the only guy in the league capable of dominating him.

which, of course, is why we never do this deal. as long as AD is a Laker, we got no chance of winning a title w/o JoJo.

(meanwhile, good to see Ben back in the gym working on his outside shot.)
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,957

Post#1996 » by ankle420breaker » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:16 pm

Hopefully we at least shoot our shot to get Beal:

Horford/Richardson/Thybulle/Shake/two first round picks for Beal.

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 10,786

Post#1997 » by eyeatoma » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:41 pm

ankle420breaker wrote:Hopefully we at least shoot our shot to get Beal:

Ouch. What's the point. Who do we fill the roster with now? Still need defense and Shakes shooting and versatility.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,957

Post#1998 » by ankle420breaker » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:50 pm

eyeatoma wrote:

Ouch. What's the point. Who do we fill the roster with now? Still need defense and Shakes shooting and versatility.

We'd need to figure that out, but the point is to acquire a legit third star who seamlessly compliments Ben and Joel. Stars win championships. Get the stars and figure out the rest.

I feel like we'd be able to lure some cheap veteran depth to round out the roster if we had cornerstones like that in place.

eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 10,786

Post#1999 » by eyeatoma » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:00 am

ankle420breaker wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

We'd need to figure that out, but the point is to acquire a legit third star who seamlessly compliments Ben and Joel. Stars win championships. Get the stars and figure out the rest.

I feel like we'd be able to lure some cheap veteran depth to round out the roster if we had cornerstones like that in place.

Yeah we should definitely try I guess.

BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#2000 » by BullyKing » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:13 am

New thread time
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers