youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,472

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 2019-2020 Post Season 

Post#1861 » by youngcrev » Sat Oct 3, 2020 2:52 pm

sixers hoops wrote:
youngcrev wrote:
the_process wrote:
If the Sixers can include Harris as part of a Jrue deal... I'd rather have Jrue on a 5-170 deal than Tobias.

Sure, and I'm not opposed to acquiring Jrue, just pointing out that he's due for a new deal, and it might not be pretty. That's a hell of a lot scarier than Paul on a 2 for 85. Plus Paul's just a flat out better player and fit.

I didn’t even realize he was expiring.

Paul was a better player last year, but it was unusual for him to stay that healthy. I feel like there is a way better chance Jrue plays 70+ games strictly because he is five years younger. I think he gives us a nice little 3-4 run with Embiid.

Chris Paul I am very concerned sees a rapid decline.

I’m just basing this off our recent Horford experience. Very nervous to give up Shake for a 35 yo. I have a strong feeling that Chris Paul gets hurt, this team falls apart and loses in the first round. Meanwhile, Shake is playing really well in OKC or wherever. Then we will be looking to replace Chris Paul with one less asset.

Horford/Scott for Paul is a no-brainer. While Shake is a player with low-end starter/high-end bench upside, I still have major reservations giving him up for a 35 year old.

That being said, I would still be super pumped if the trade happened.

Makes sense. That might be the most likely scenario. I just think it's the highest (realistic) upside play, and if the downside is that ownership pays extra, but we get out a year early from Horford at the cost a bench guard/low end role playing starter, I think reward greatly outweighs the risk.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,721

Post#1862 » by the_process » Sat Oct 3, 2020 3:42 pm

Is it true Rivers plans to make Simmons the PG again? If so, that could push the Sixers away from Paul and toward Hield or Holiday. I'd like to hear Doc speak about his new roster. And why haven't the weasel owners gotten out here and taken their **** sandwich for playing fantasy basketball and ruining the roster?
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,059

Post#1863 » by sixers hoops » Sat Oct 3, 2020 7:17 pm

youngcrev wrote:
sixers hoops wrote:
youngcrev wrote:
Sure, and I'm not opposed to acquiring Jrue, just pointing out that he's due for a new deal, and it might not be pretty. That's a hell of a lot scarier than Paul on a 2 for 85. Plus Paul's just a flat out better player and fit.

I didn’t even realize he was expiring.

Paul was a better player last year, but it was unusual for him to stay that healthy. I feel like there is a way better chance Jrue plays 70+ games strictly because he is five years younger. I think he gives us a nice little 3-4 run with Embiid.

Chris Paul I am very concerned sees a rapid decline.

I’m just basing this off our recent Horford experience. Very nervous to give up Shake for a 35 yo. I have a strong feeling that Chris Paul gets hurt, this team falls apart and loses in the first round. Meanwhile, Shake is playing really well in OKC or wherever. Then we will be looking to replace Chris Paul with one less asset.

Horford/Scott for Paul is a no-brainer. While Shake is a player with low-end starter/high-end bench upside, I still have major reservations giving him up for a 35 year old.

That being said, I would still be super pumped if the trade happened.

Makes sense. That might be the most likely scenario. I just think it's the highest (realistic) upside play, and if the downside is that ownership pays extra, but we get out a year early from Horford at the cost a bench guard/low end role playing starter, I think reward greatly outweighs the risk.

Honestly, Embiid may not have great longevity. Barring a major trade, we are locked in with Embiid, Ben, Tobias front court. They aren’t a great fit together, but a player like Paul goes a long way toward making it work. So we prob have to strike in the next year or two to win with Embiid. Try to get a starting shooting guard to help with spacing as well.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,182

Post#1864 » by eyeatoma » Sun Oct 4, 2020 2:48 am

ProcessDoctor wrote:Which roster gives us the best chance at winning a championship within the next 3 years?

Roster #1:

Dinwiddie/Milton/#49
Hield/Smith/Shayok
Harris/Thybulle/Scott
Simmons/Bjelica/#34
Embiid/MLE/Pelle

Roster #2:

Paul/Curry/#36
Milton/Korkmaz/#25
Harris/Thybulle/Shayok
Simmons/#34
Embiid/Muscala/Pelle
Number one has more offense. Cp3 is a goat level clutch player but I worry about injuries with him.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
freshie2
RealGM
And1: 599

Post#1865 » by freshie2 » Sun Oct 4, 2020 1:13 pm

Paul as an end of career reach isn't appealing to me. They still have young stars to build around or parlay into other key pieces. Dinwiddie and Hield are more attractive additions to me than Paul, but I don't think we can have Tobias at the 3 again. He is either the PF with Ben at the PG spot, or you need to try to move on.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,194

Post#1866 » by ProcessDoctor » Sun Oct 4, 2020 2:26 pm

NOP out: Holiday
NOP in: Richardson, Bjelica, Smith, #21

PHI out: Horford, Richardson, Smith, Korkmaz, #21
PHI in: Holiday, Barnes

SAC out: Barnes, Bjelica
SAC in: Horford, Korkmaz

Holiday(32)/Burks(16)
Milton(24)/Thybulle(24)
Harris(18)/Barnes(30)
Simmons(34)/Harris(14)
Embiid(30)/MLE(18)

Holiday/Burks/#36
Milton/Thybulle/#49
Harris/Barnes/Shayok
Simmons/Scott/#34
Embiid/MLE/Pelle
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#1867 » by youngcrev » Sun Oct 4, 2020 3:49 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:Which roster gives us the best chance at winning a championship within the next 3 years?

Roster #1:

Dinwiddie/Milton/#49
Hield/Smith/Shayok
Harris/Thybulle/Scott
Simmons/Bjelica/#34
Embiid/MLE/Pelle

Roster #2:

Paul/Curry/#36
Milton/Korkmaz/#25
Harris/Thybulle/Shayok
Simmons/#34
Embiid/Muscala/Pelle

I like both, I'll go #2 though. Curry is kinda hidden in there, but I think he'd start over Milton.

Biggest issue see with roster #1 is being able to retain Dinwiddie (same issue we currently have with Richardson, except I think he'll get even more money)
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,194

Post#1868 » by ProcessDoctor » Sun Oct 4, 2020 5:06 pm

youngcrev wrote:

Roster #1:

Dinwiddie/Milton/#49
Hield/Smith/Shayok
Harris/Thybulle/Scott
Simmons/Bjelica/#34
Embiid/MLE/Pelle

Roster #2:

Paul/Curry/#36
Milton/Korkmaz/#25
Harris/Thybulle/Shayok
Simmons/#34
Embiid/Muscala/Pelle

I like both, I'll go #2 though. Curry is kinda hidden in there, but I think he'd start over Milton.

Biggest issue see with roster #1 is being able to retain Dinwiddie (same issue we currently have with Richardson, except I think he'll get even more money)

Yea Dinwiddie is still young and has a more unique skillset than JRich. It'd be nearly impossible to keep that team together without going above the apron.

#2 would be my choice as well. I put Curry as a backup just because I think a CP3/Curry backcourt would get torched defensively. Not that Shake's particularly good, but he at least has a chance against bigger guards. I also like that we'd be keeping a late FRP in that scenario while still getting a better player/fit and shedding salary.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#1869 » by youngcrev » Sun Oct 4, 2020 7:11 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:
youngcrev wrote:

Roster #1:

Dinwiddie/Milton/#49
Hield/Smith/Shayok
Harris/Thybulle/Scott
Simmons/Bjelica/#34
Embiid/MLE/Pelle

Roster #2:

Paul/Curry/#36
Milton/Korkmaz/#25
Harris/Thybulle/Shayok
Simmons/#34
Embiid/Muscala/Pelle

Yea Dinwiddie is still young and has a more unique skillset than JRich. It'd be nearly impossible to keep that team together without going above the apron.

#2 would be my choice as well. I put Curry as a backup just because I think a CP3/Curry backcourt would get torched defensively. Not that Shake's particularly good, but he at least has a chance against bigger guards. I also like that we'd be keeping a late FRP in that scenario while still getting a better player/fit and shedding salary.

Could always just start Thybulle if defense is a worry, though your bench would then just be a bunch of poor defensive shooters.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,059

Post#1870 » by sixers hoops » Mon Oct 5, 2020 5:11 am

freshie2 wrote:Paul as an end of career reach isn't appealing to me. They still have young stars to build around or parlay into other key pieces. Dinwiddie and Hield are more attractive additions to me than Paul, but I don't think we can have Tobias at the 3 again. He is either the PF with Ben at the PG spot, or you need to try to move on.

Ben really isn’t a viable point guard. He really is dependent on matchups and supporting cast too much. Against good halfcourt teams, he is rendered unplayable. Without improvement, he can’t be your primary point guard.

As you said, playing Ben off the ball more causes a fit concern with Tobias; however, I don’t see a compete dead end. Defensively, Ben would seem a better fit to cover threes and Tobias fours. On offense, I see Tobias more of a perimeter player while Ben works as a cutter, roll man, offensive rebounder, and we hope a little jumpshot.

Last year they were both pretty bad at these roles, but maybe a better coach finds the right style of play.

Ben really struggles to be effective in halfcourt sets. He made all-star teams as a point guard, but then was picked apart by good defenses in the playoffs. He needs to develop a game facing the basket. He has length, speed, great dribbler and passer. He just needs to put it together so he expand his offensive game.

Not sure what style of play Tobias had with the Clips, but he hasn’t been effective when asked to be a floor spacer for us. With Ben and Joel, it is extremely important their teammates can space the floor for them, but Tobias hasn’t been a consistent shooter for us.

Ultimately, whoever we get, I see Joel, Ben, and Tobias as our likely front court starters, and we are looking for primarily backcourt players who can shoot to pair with them. I would consider trading Tobias, but not sure how realistic that is.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,528

Post#1871 » by 76ciology » Mon Oct 5, 2020 7:17 am

One guy who can be worth trading for is Dante Exum. I think the lockdown and the big break between the last time he played and the next season will really help him.
Other guys I see are John Wall, otto porter and Demarcus Cousins.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#1872 » by youngcrev » Mon Oct 5, 2020 4:29 pm

If they go the Hield route, I'd also try and target one of Dinwiddie, Schroder, Rozier or Fournier to give us some type of ball handler.

Horford, Richardson, Zhaire and Scott are your salary ballasts, and then whatever additional assets are negotiable.
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#1873 » by youngcrev » Mon Oct 5, 2020 4:32 pm

Horford, Richardson
For
Dinwiddie, Prince, Harris (S&T)

Is that anywhere near possible? Al and Josh feel like great fits with Kyrie/Durant.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1874 » by 76ciology » Mon Oct 5, 2020 4:41 pm

youngcrev wrote:Horford, Richardson
For

Is that anywhere near possible? Al and Josh feel like great fits with Kyrie/Durant.

Nets are already loaded at the C position with Allen and DeAndre
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,807

Post#1875 » by Mik317 » Mon Oct 5, 2020 5:03 pm

Apparently Allen is not apart of the cool kids club. He loved Atkinson and Kyrie and KD wanted Jordan to start over him....

could be on the way out for the theoretical third star
#NeverGonnaBeGood
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1876 » by 76ciology » Mon Oct 5, 2020 5:44 pm

76ciology wrote:One guy who can be worth trading for is Dante Exum. I think the lockdown and the big break between the last time he played and the next season will really help him.

Here is another guy

Read on Twitter
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1877 » by 76ciology » Mon Oct 5, 2020 6:19 pm

76ciology wrote:
76ciology wrote:One guy who can be worth trading for is Dante Exum. I think the lockdown and the big break between the last time he played and the next season will really help him.

Here is another guy

Read on Twitter

Not part of the list :D
Read on Twitter
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#1878 » by youngcrev » Mon Oct 5, 2020 6:50 pm

76ciology wrote:
For

I wouldn't exactly consider that loaded. Horford would give them a pick and pop threat that can stretch the floor and pass. I think he'd be far more valuable to them in the playoffs than either of those 2.
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#1879 » by youngcrev » Mon Oct 5, 2020 6:53 pm

76ciology wrote:

Here is another guy

Read on Twitter

Why does coming off an injury make them a good target? Exum, Wall and Cousins aren't good fits when healthy. Wouldn't be opposed to throwing a minimum at Thomas.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1880 » by 76ciology » Mon Oct 5, 2020 6:59 pm

youngcrev wrote:
76ciology wrote:
For

I wouldn't exactly consider that loaded. Horford would give them a pick and pop threat that can stretch the floor and pass. I think he'd be far more valuable to them in the playoffs than either of those 2.

Yeah. But i think you need to consider all variables.

Like.. more value not just among Allen and DeAndre but also more value than Dinwiddie, Prince, Harris, Allen and DeAndre?

Return to Philadelphia 76ers