ImageImageImage

Joel Embiid

Moderators: BullyKing, HartfordWhalers, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

phillynative
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,767
And1: 992
Joined: Dec 13, 2014

Re: Joel Embiid 

Post#1421 » by phillynative » Tue Aug 3, 2021 11:10 am

syntax wrote:
phillynative wrote:
sweetlou23 wrote:
If you judge Embiid by his playoff performance he is not that generational player people say he is.


What does this mean?

He is a generational talent maybe not player just yet it's to be seen if he will be able to get over the detriments(injuries, body weight , team build, management, leadership), some no fault of his.
He's basically unguardable , an impact player on both ends and still improving. He is a generational talent. He has played without a legit starting PG for his whole career and he still manages to dominate.


What's a ball dominant player need a PG for? Does LeBron need a PG? Does Luka need a PG? Does Jokic need a PG?

No. Embiid just isn't as good at playmaking like those guys. He lacks crucial skills a ball dominant player needs.

Going out there and 'dominating' in his words isn't going to win your team games.


You are comparing him to playmakers, 2 of which hasn't won anything yet and are not without fault either. Playmaking is not his game , of course he will have to continue to get better there, but since he has done nothing but work to get better I'm not as concerned. Every great player needs a Robin or a 1B to compliment them and he needs a Guard that can shoot and create with the ball out on the peremiter.

He wouldn't be dominating the ball as much if he had some competent point guard play throughout his career, not a so called "PG" that can't do anything consistently in the halfcourt, refuses to shoot , runs from the ball during crunch time because he doesn't want to get fouled and wants to be in the paint where Embiid dominates.
cool93
Veteran
Posts: 2,787
And1: 1,763
Joined: Jul 24, 2016
 

Re: Joel Embiid 

Post#1422 » by cool93 » Tue Aug 3, 2021 11:10 am

syntax wrote:
phillynative wrote:
sweetlou23 wrote:
If you judge Embiid by his playoff performance he is not that generational player people say he is.


What does this mean?

He is a generational talent maybe not player just yet it's to be seen if he will be able to get over the detriments(injuries, body weight , team build, management, leadership), some no fault of his.
He's basically unguardable , an impact player on both ends and still improving. He is a generational talent. He has played without a legit starting PG for his whole career and he still manages to dominate.


What's a ball dominant player need a PG for? Does LeBron need a PG? Does Luka need a PG? Does Jokic need a PG?

No. Embiid just isn't as good at playmaking like those guys. He lacks crucial skills a ball dominant player needs.

Going out there and 'dominating' in his words isn't going to win your team games.
You are just pathetic at this point.
Lebron and Doncic basically are PGs and Jokic is completely different player, he is much better playmaker than Embiid but on defence Embiid is levels above him, which is crucial for C.
And, yes, the fact that franchise center never played with starting caliber PG is criminal. Not even talking about all-star level.

Sent from my G3416 using RealGM mobile app
phillynative
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,767
And1: 992
Joined: Dec 13, 2014

Re: Joel Embiid 

Post#1423 » by phillynative » Tue Aug 3, 2021 11:12 am

cool93 wrote:
syntax wrote:
phillynative wrote:
What does this mean?

He is a generational talent maybe not player just yet it's to be seen if he will be able to get over the detriments(injuries, body weight , team build, management, leadership), some no fault of his.
He's basically unguardable , an impact player on both ends and still improving. He is a generational talent. He has played without a legit starting PG for his whole career and he still manages to dominate.


What's a ball dominant player need a PG for? Does LeBron need a PG? Does Luka need a PG? Does Jokic need a PG?

No. Embiid just isn't as good at playmaking like those guys. He lacks crucial skills a ball dominant player needs.

Going out there and 'dominating' in his words isn't going to win your team games.
You are just pathetic at this point.
Lebron and Doncic basically are PGs and Jokic is completely different player, he is much better playmaker than Embiid but on defence Embiid is levels above him, which is crucial for C.
And, yes, the fact that franchise center never played with starting caliber PG is criminal. Not even talking about all-star level.

Sent from my G3416 using RealGM mobile app


Wow you pretty much summed up what I just posted :nod:
syntax
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,386
And1: 584
Joined: Oct 25, 2005
Location: downunder
Contact:

Re: Joel Embiid 

Post#1424 » by syntax » Tue Aug 3, 2021 11:31 am

cool93 wrote:
syntax wrote:
phillynative wrote:
What does this mean?

He is a generational talent maybe not player just yet it's to be seen if he will be able to get over the detriments(injuries, body weight , team build, management, leadership), some no fault of his.
He's basically unguardable , an impact player on both ends and still improving. He is a generational talent. He has played without a legit starting PG for his whole career and he still manages to dominate.


What's a ball dominant player need a PG for? Does LeBron need a PG? Does Luka need a PG? Does Jokic need a PG?

No. Embiid just isn't as good at playmaking like those guys. He lacks crucial skills a ball dominant player needs.

Going out there and 'dominating' in his words isn't going to win your team games.
You are just pathetic at this point.
Lebron and Doncic basically are PGs and Jokic is completely different player, he is much better playmaker than Embiid but on defence Embiid is levels above him, which is crucial for C.
And, yes, the fact that franchise center never played with starting caliber PG is criminal. Not even talking about all-star level.

Sent from my G3416 using RealGM mobile app


Remember when he played with Jimmy Butler?

If you are a 40% usage player that can't playmake you aren't a "generational talent" because there is a massive hole in your game.
syntax
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,386
And1: 584
Joined: Oct 25, 2005
Location: downunder
Contact:

Re: Joel Embiid 

Post#1425 » by syntax » Tue Aug 3, 2021 11:41 am

phillynative wrote:
syntax wrote:
phillynative wrote:
What does this mean?

He is a generational talent maybe not player just yet it's to be seen if he will be able to get over the detriments(injuries, body weight , team build, management, leadership), some no fault of his.
He's basically unguardable , an impact player on both ends and still improving. He is a generational talent. He has played without a legit starting PG for his whole career and he still manages to dominate.


What's a ball dominant player need a PG for? Does LeBron need a PG? Does Luka need a PG? Does Jokic need a PG?

No. Embiid just isn't as good at playmaking like those guys. He lacks crucial skills a ball dominant player needs.

Going out there and 'dominating' in his words isn't going to win your team games.


You are comparing him to playmakers, 2 of which hasn't won anything yet and are not without fault either. Playmaking is not his game , of course he will have to continue to get better there, but since he has done nothing but work to get better I'm not as concerned. Every great player needs a Robin or a 1B to compliment them and he needs a Guard that can shoot and create with the ball out on the peremiter.

He wouldn't be dominating the ball as much if he had some competent point guard play throughout his career, not a so called "PG" that can't do anything consistently in the halfcourt, refuses to shoot , runs from the ball during crunch time because he doesn't want to get fouled and wants to be in the paint where Embiid dominates.


Embiid doesn't dominate the paint either. Simmons had twice as many dunks last season as Embiid. Dwight had twice as many dunks as Embiid.

Embiid shoots more midrange than dominating the paint.
Wilfried
Analyst
Posts: 3,508
And1: 1,388
Joined: May 24, 2007

Re: Joel Embiid 

Post#1426 » by Wilfried » Tue Aug 3, 2021 11:49 am

syntax wrote:
phillynative wrote:
syntax wrote:
What's a ball dominant player need a PG for? Does LeBron need a PG? Does Luka need a PG? Does Jokic need a PG?

No. Embiid just isn't as good at playmaking like those guys. He lacks crucial skills a ball dominant player needs.

Going out there and 'dominating' in his words isn't going to win your team games.


You are comparing him to playmakers, 2 of which hasn't won anything yet and are not without fault either. Playmaking is not his game , of course he will have to continue to get better there, but since he has done nothing but work to get better I'm not as concerned. Every great player needs a Robin or a 1B to compliment them and he needs a Guard that can shoot and create with the ball out on the peremiter.

He wouldn't be dominating the ball as much if he had some competent point guard play throughout his career, not a so called "PG" that can't do anything consistently in the halfcourt, refuses to shoot , runs from the ball during crunch time because he doesn't want to get fouled and wants to be in the paint where Embiid dominates.


Embiid doesn't dominate the paint either. Simmons had twice as many dunks last season as Embiid. Dwight had twice as many dunks as Embiid.

Embiid shoots more midrange than dominating the paint.


Most of Simmons dunks are probably fastbreak dunks (90% of his offensive game is so ...) and most of Dwight dunks come against a second unit.

I don't think a player that dunks more, is therefore dominating the paint. I remember in the 90's there was a season where Otis Thorpe had the most dunks. More than Shaq, Ewing, Robinson, ...

Where Embiid dominates is he tires defenders out and gets his opponents into foul trouble. He isn't a dunker like Dwight, but he's a much better offensive player than Dwight has ever been.
phillynative
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,767
And1: 992
Joined: Dec 13, 2014

Re: Joel Embiid 

Post#1427 » by phillynative » Tue Aug 3, 2021 11:50 am

syntax wrote:
cool93 wrote:
syntax wrote:
What's a ball dominant player need a PG for? Does LeBron need a PG? Does Luka need a PG? Does Jokic need a PG?

No. Embiid just isn't as good at playmaking like those guys. He lacks crucial skills a ball dominant player needs.

Going out there and 'dominating' in his words isn't going to win your team games.
You are just pathetic at this point.
Lebron and Doncic basically are PGs and Jokic is completely different player, he is much better playmaker than Embiid but on defence Embiid is levels above him, which is crucial for C.
And, yes, the fact that franchise center never played with starting caliber PG is criminal. Not even talking about all-star level.

Sent from my G3416 using RealGM mobile app

Remember when he played with Jimmy Butler?

If you are a 40% usage player that can't playmake you aren't a "generational talent" because there is a massive hole in your game.

[/quote]
Yea I remember when we had Jimmy, that almost solved the shot creating problem and Embiid had no problem with Jimmy taking over . But it really didn't help the lack of spacing problem because we still had two PF a center and a Jimmy who doesn't like to catch and shoot from the peremiter, while Reddick ran around like a mad man trying to get open lol

Was Shaq , Tim Duncan or Hakeem playmakers no and they still were generational talents. Guess who they had on their teams? Guess who LeBron and just recently Giannis had to have on their teams to win a chip?

Also why is Embiid 40% usage player with two other max players on the team? I'm sure he could be just as effective , with less touches but more duck ins , more pick in pops, and more shots at the rim. The team operates the way it does for a reason and it's because of lack of personnel on the peremiter.
phillynative
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,767
And1: 992
Joined: Dec 13, 2014

Re: Joel Embiid 

Post#1428 » by phillynative » Tue Aug 3, 2021 11:55 am

syntax wrote:
phillynative wrote:
syntax wrote:
What's a ball dominant player need a PG for? Does LeBron need a PG? Does Luka need a PG? Does Jokic need a PG?

No. Embiid just isn't as good at playmaking like those guys. He lacks crucial skills a ball dominant player needs.

Going out there and 'dominating' in his words isn't going to win your team games.


You are comparing him to playmakers, 2 of which hasn't won anything yet and are not without fault either. Playmaking is not his game , of course he will have to continue to get better there, but since he has done nothing but work to get better I'm not as concerned. Every great player needs a Robin or a 1B to compliment them and he needs a Guard that can shoot and create with the ball out on the peremiter.

He wouldn't be dominating the ball as much if he had some competent point guard play throughout his career, not a so called "PG" that can't do anything consistently in the halfcourt, refuses to shoot , runs from the ball during crunch time because he doesn't want to get fouled and wants to be in the paint where Embiid dominates.


Embiid doesn't dominate the paint either. Simmons had twice as many dunks last season as Embiid. Dwight had twice as many dunks as Embiid.

Embiid shoots more midrange than dominating the paint.


Yea your clueless
phillynative
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,767
And1: 992
Joined: Dec 13, 2014

Re: Joel Embiid 

Post#1429 » by phillynative » Tue Aug 3, 2021 12:16 pm

You just compared Embiid in the paint to Ben and Dwight who can only dunk the ball and are offensive liabilities. I guess DeAndre Jordan and Mason Plumlee dominate the paint as well, they have alot of dunks too.
User avatar
Mik317
RealGM
Posts: 31,732
And1: 11,440
Joined: May 31, 2005
Location: In Spain...without the S
       

Re: Joel Embiid 

Post#1430 » by Mik317 » Tue Aug 3, 2021 12:48 pm

I mean Jokic got swept without his PG in Murray. Luka's ball dominance is great but hasn't shown the ability to get pass the first round. Until the bubble...Bron has always had a release valve in Wade or Kyrie (and Playoff Rondo to an extent in said bubble).

This idea that your best player has to solo everyone or else he is washed is not how it works. Kawhii seemed to have done it right? Nope. He had help from New Dad FVF and Lowry. The second guy doesn't have to even be elite but he has to be there. Giannis went supernova in the finals for sure...but clutch shot making from Middleton and while he was awful shooting the ball...Jrue got them into their sets and Giannis was allowed to just wreck havoc off of that.

The bottom line is that this team has tried many methods in the last few years..even going back to the surround them with shooters approach...but because they wanted to continue the Ben is a point guard experiment, they haven't tried to see what Biid looks like with a real shot creator...its time to try that.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
rzzzzz
Analyst
Posts: 3,640
And1: 1,156
Joined: Feb 21, 2015
 

Re: Joel Embiid 

Post#1431 » by rzzzzz » Tue Aug 3, 2021 6:51 pm

syntax wrote:
No. Embiid just isn't as good at playmaking like those guys. He lacks crucial skills a ball dominant player needs.

Going out there and 'dominating' in his words isn't going to win your team games.


He’s not a ball dominant player. He is a dominant player. If the team’s got 5 guys on the floor, why can’t one of them be a good point guard? Moses wasn’t ball dominant, but he was dominant. “4 4 4” Russell wasn’t ball dominant, but he managed to win 11 rings. Let’s just get a balanced roster and see what we can do, huh?
User avatar
Bum Adebayo
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,355
And1: 2,007
Joined: Apr 28, 2016
Location: In Spain...with and without the S
 

Re: Joel Embiid 

Post#1432 » by Bum Adebayo » Tue Aug 3, 2021 9:07 pm

You need an on ball scorer and playmaker to win it all, we have none on this team, pretty easy to see that Embiid is not that player and he needs to have that kind of player on the team to do damage in playoffs.
Member of TSU - Trade Simmons University
Ben Simmons sucks, and you know it.
SimmonsWillNeverBeGood
sweetlou23
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,364
And1: 28
Joined: Dec 07, 2007

Re: Joel Embiid 

Post#1433 » by sweetlou23 » Wed Aug 4, 2021 4:24 am

Mik317 wrote:I mean Jokic got swept without his PG in Murray. Luka's ball dominance is great but hasn't shown the ability to get pass the first round. Until the bubble...Bron has always had a release valve in Wade or Kyrie (and Playoff Rondo to an extent in said bubble).

This idea that your best player has to solo everyone or else he is washed is not how it works. Kawhii seemed to have done it right? Nope. He had help from New Dad FVF and Lowry. The second guy doesn't have to even be elite but he has to be there. Giannis went supernova in the finals for sure...but clutch shot making from Middleton and while he was awful shooting the ball...Jrue got them into their sets and Giannis was allowed to just wreck havoc off of that.

The bottom line is that this team has tried many methods in the last few years..even going back to the surround them with shooters approach...but because they wanted to continue the Ben is a point guard experiment, they haven't tried to see what Biid looks like with a real shot creator...its time to try that.


It seems like Embiid's shortcomings are being blamed on other people. Ben Simmons has to own his shortcomings, Tobias Harris has to own his and Embiid needs to own his. Doc made some bonehead moves in the ATL series also. A lot had to go wrong for the sixers to lose that series. But back to Embiid. If you look at his playoff numbers over the years. he has just not been that efficient. He should have dominated the Hawks win or lose. But he didn't. Maybe if he didn't have a torn meniscus he would have. He had 16 turnovers in the last two games. Go look at those turnovers on NBA,com. Most of them were just bad plays. He also disappeared and went 0 for whatever number it was in the second half of one of those games. Missed a game winning bunny at the end of a game also. He is a phenomenal player but he needs to look at himself when he comes up short. There is no excuse for this being the first year he took care of his body (his words) how long has he been in the league? He needs to hold himself accountable. The sixers media sure won't.
User avatar
76ciology
RealGM
Posts: 49,040
And1: 15,800
Joined: Jun 06, 2002
Contact:

Re: Joel Embiid 

Post#1434 » by 76ciology » Wed Aug 4, 2021 5:27 am

sweetlou23 wrote:
Mik317 wrote:I mean Jokic got swept without his PG in Murray. Luka's ball dominance is great but hasn't shown the ability to get pass the first round. Until the bubble...Bron has always had a release valve in Wade or Kyrie (and Playoff Rondo to an extent in said bubble).

This idea that your best player has to solo everyone or else he is washed is not how it works. Kawhii seemed to have done it right? Nope. He had help from New Dad FVF and Lowry. The second guy doesn't have to even be elite but he has to be there. Giannis went supernova in the finals for sure...but clutch shot making from Middleton and while he was awful shooting the ball...Jrue got them into their sets and Giannis was allowed to just wreck havoc off of that.

The bottom line is that this team has tried many methods in the last few years..even going back to the surround them with shooters approach...but because they wanted to continue the Ben is a point guard experiment, they haven't tried to see what Biid looks like with a real shot creator...its time to try that.


It seems like Embiid's shortcomings are being blamed on other people. Ben Simmons has to own his shortcomings, Tobias Harris has to own his and Embiid needs to own his. Doc made some bonehead moves in the ATL series also. A lot had to go wrong for the sixers to lose that series. But back to Embiid. If you look at his playoff numbers over the years. he has just not been that efficient. He should have dominated the Hawks win or lose. But he didn't. Maybe if he didn't have a torn meniscus he would have. He had 16 turnovers in the last two games. Go look at those turnovers on NBA,com. Most of them were just bad plays. He also disappeared and went 0 for whatever number it was in the second half of one of those games. Missed a game winning bunny at the end of a game also. He is a phenomenal player but he needs to look at himself when he comes up short. There is no excuse for this being the first year he took care of his body (his words) how long has he been in the league? He needs to hold himself accountable. The sixers media sure won't.


100%

And until that happens, it will just keep repeating over and over again. Because your belief isnt aligned with reality.

Build a biid centric team again. If Biid fails, those guys around him gets the bigger blame. Then people will complain about he needs more help.

With the game and competition is going right now, he should be the one helping an alpha player like Harden or Dame.

Because with Embiid, you ALWAYS have to be prepared on those times when he’s not available (physically or spiritually). And you’re losing because you always think he’s there at his 100% with +1,000 NetRtg.
“If anyone can refute me—show me I'm making a mistake or looking at things from the wrong perspective—I'll gladly change. It's the truth I'm after, and the truth never harmed anyone." Marcus Aurelius.
phillynative
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,767
And1: 992
Joined: Dec 13, 2014

Re: Joel Embiid 

Post#1435 » by phillynative » Wed Aug 4, 2021 6:44 am

76ciology wrote:
sweetlou23 wrote:
Mik317 wrote:I mean Jokic got swept without his PG in Murray. Luka's ball dominance is great but hasn't shown the ability to get pass the first round. Until the bubble...Bron has always had a release valve in Wade or Kyrie (and Playoff Rondo to an extent in said bubble).

This idea that your best player has to solo everyone or else he is washed is not how it works. Kawhii seemed to have done it right? Nope. He had help from New Dad FVF and Lowry. The second guy doesn't have to even be elite but he has to be there. Giannis went supernova in the finals for sure...but clutch shot making from Middleton and while he was awful shooting the ball...Jrue got them into their sets and Giannis was allowed to just wreck havoc off of that.

The bottom line is that this team has tried many methods in the last few years..even going back to the surround them with shooters approach...but because they wanted to continue the Ben is a point guard experiment, they haven't tried to see what Biid looks like with a real shot creator...its time to try that.


It seems like Embiid's shortcomings are being blamed on other people. Ben Simmons has to own his shortcomings, Tobias Harris has to own his and Embiid needs to own his. Doc made some bonehead moves in the ATL series also. A lot had to go wrong for the sixers to lose that series. But back to Embiid. If you look at his playoff numbers over the years. he has just not been that efficient. He should have dominated the Hawks win or lose. But he didn't. Maybe if he didn't have a torn meniscus he would have. He had 16 turnovers in the last two games. Go look at those turnovers on NBA,com. Most of them were just bad plays. He also disappeared and went 0 for whatever number it was in the second half of one of those games. Missed a game winning bunny at the end of a game also. He is a phenomenal player but he needs to look at himself when he comes up short. There is no excuse for this being the first year he took care of his body (his words) how long has he been in the league? He needs to hold himself accountable. The sixers media sure won't.


100%

And until that happens, it will just keep repeating over and over again. Because your belief isnt aligned with reality.

Build a biid centric team again. If Biid fails, those guys around gets the bigger blame. Then people will complain about he needs more help.
[b]

With the game and competition is going right now, he should be the one helping an alpha player like Harden or Dame.
[/b]
Because with Embiid, you ALWAYS have to be prepared on those times when he’s not available (physically or spiritually). And you’re losing because you always think he’s there at his 100% with +1,000 NetRtg.


I want to know what version of this team has been a "Biidcentric" team ??? Lol. One where Ben is the PG , or there's another Big Man in the paint with him, or peremiter players that cannot create take some of the pressure off and shoot the ball consistently from the outside?...

Like I said earlier Embiid is not without fault . Just like any other star player. The proof is in the pudding what Embiids weaknesses are but that doesn't go without saying, he has been put in a position where he has to create for himself , even at the end of games. Embiid is turnover prone and has to get better with his playmaking but the team also has to be built to fit your best players
strengths and weaknesses. Trying to fit a square into a circle year after year is not aligned with reality.
phillynative
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,767
And1: 992
Joined: Dec 13, 2014

Re: Joel Embiid 

Post#1436 » by phillynative » Wed Aug 4, 2021 6:58 am

sweetlou23 wrote:
Mik317 wrote:I mean Jokic got swept without his PG in Murray. Luka's ball dominance is great but hasn't shown the ability to get pass the first round. Until the bubble...Bron has always had a release valve in Wade or Kyrie (and Playoff Rondo to an extent in said bubble).

This idea that your best player has to solo everyone or else he is washed is not how it works. Kawhii seemed to have done it right? Nope. He had help from New Dad FVF and Lowry. The second guy doesn't have to even be elite but he has to be there. Giannis went supernova in the finals for sure...but clutch shot making from Middleton and while he was awful shooting the ball...Jrue got them into their sets and Giannis was allowed to just wreck havoc off of that.

The bottom line is that this team has tried many methods in the last few years..even going back to the surround them with shooters approach...but because they wanted to continue the Ben is a point guard experiment, they haven't tried to see what Biid looks like with a real shot creator...its time to try that.


There is no excuse for this being the first year he took care of his body (his words) how long has he been in the league? He needs to hold himself accountable. The sixers media sure won't.

Wrong again. He said this previous off-season was the first time he was able to work on his body without restrictions. He was in great condition coming into the season and it showed before he got injured starting with the LeBron back push. He seems to hold himself more than accountable by going to work every off-season and coming back better. Which is more than you can say about the " PG".
User avatar
76ciology
RealGM
Posts: 49,040
And1: 15,800
Joined: Jun 06, 2002
Contact:

Re: Joel Embiid 

Post#1437 » by 76ciology » Wed Aug 4, 2021 7:02 am

phillynative wrote:
76ciology wrote:
sweetlou23 wrote:
It seems like Embiid's shortcomings are being blamed on other people. Ben Simmons has to own his shortcomings, Tobias Harris has to own his and Embiid needs to own his. Doc made some bonehead moves in the ATL series also. A lot had to go wrong for the sixers to lose that series. But back to Embiid. If you look at his playoff numbers over the years. he has just not been that efficient. He should have dominated the Hawks win or lose. But he didn't. Maybe if he didn't have a torn meniscus he would have. He had 16 turnovers in the last two games. Go look at those turnovers on NBA,com. Most of them were just bad plays. He also disappeared and went 0 for whatever number it was in the second half of one of those games. Missed a game winning bunny at the end of a game also. He is a phenomenal player but he needs to look at himself when he comes up short. There is no excuse for this being the first year he took care of his body (his words) how long has he been in the league? He needs to hold himself accountable. The sixers media sure won't.


100%

And until that happens, it will just keep repeating over and over again. Because your belief isnt aligned with reality.

Build a biid centric team again. If Biid fails, those guys around gets the bigger blame. Then people will complain about he needs more help.
[b]

With the game and competition is going right now, he should be the one helping an alpha player like Harden or Dame.
[/b]
Because with Embiid, you ALWAYS have to be prepared on those times when he’s not available (physically or spiritually). And you’re losing because you always think he’s there at his 100% with +1,000 NetRtg.


I want to know what version of this team has been a "Biidcentric" team ??? Lol. One where Ben is the PG , or there's another Big Man in the paint with him, or peremiter players that cannot create take some of the pressure off and shoot the ball consistently from the outside?...

Like I said earlier Embiid is not without fault . Just like any other star player. The proof is in the pudding what Embiids weaknesses are but that doesn't go without saying, he has been put in a position where he has to create for himself , even at the end of games. Embiid is turnover prone and has to get better with his playmaking but the team also has to be built to fit your best players
strengths and weaknesses. Trying to fit a square into a circle year after year is not aligned with reality.


How? With how bad our 5 man units are when Biid is off the floor.

It worthless to get a 28pt lead then later lose all the lead when he’s on the bench.

Thats why it doesnt matter to bring guys who fits Embiid well. You can turn Ben into a 40% spot up shooter and we’d still be losing games. Because the story will still be the same.

He misses around 20 games in an already shortened season.

In the playoffs, you dont know if he’s playing. And is bound to miss games. While the team can’t win even against a borderline playoff team like the Wizards.

And if he plays, you’re handed two versions of him which is a russian roulette.

If Biid is healthy spiritually:
We get big leads when Biid is on the floor.
We lose all the lead when Biid is off the floor.

The game gets close in crucial moments when the game favors the perimeter scorer.

If Biid is unhealthy spiritually:

He looks tired and lethargic. Immobile on defense, brick factory on offense.

He misses bunny on point blank to win you games.





Embiid is NOT LIKE OTHER SUPERSTARS.
Embiid’s availability is always up in the air.

And if you fail to accept that, this cycle will just go round and round

You’ll again build a team of shooters. We will win stretches when he’s on the floor.

We’ll again lose stretches when he’s off the floor.

We’ll get be at a disadvantage down the stretch.

We’ll get “will he play this game” in the playoffs?

We’ll suffer “wtf is happening with embiid” games in the playoffs.

Embiid doesnt just need to play with guys who fits playing with him.

Embiid doesnt just need to play with more talented players.

Embiid NEEDS to play with a player BETTER THAN HIM.
“If anyone can refute me—show me I'm making a mistake or looking at things from the wrong perspective—I'll gladly change. It's the truth I'm after, and the truth never harmed anyone." Marcus Aurelius.
phillynative
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,767
And1: 992
Joined: Dec 13, 2014

Re: Joel Embiid 

Post#1438 » by phillynative » Wed Aug 4, 2021 7:12 am

76ciology wrote:
phillynative wrote:
76ciology wrote:
100%

And until that happens, it will just keep repeating over and over again. Because your belief isnt aligned with reality.

Build a biid centric team again. If Biid fails, those guys around gets the bigger blame. Then people will complain about he needs more help.
[b]

With the game and competition is going right now, he should be the one helping an alpha player like Harden or Dame.
[/b]
Because with Embiid, you ALWAYS have to be prepared on those times when he’s not available (physically or spiritually). And you’re losing because you always think he’s there at his 100% with +1,000 NetRtg.


I want to know what version of this team has been a "Biidcentric" team ??? Lol. One where Ben is the PG , or there's another Big Man in the paint with him, or peremiter players that cannot create take some of the pressure off and shoot the ball consistently from the outside?...

Like I said earlier Embiid is not without fault . Just like any other star player. The proof is in the pudding what Embiids weaknesses are but that doesn't go without saying, he has been put in a position where he has to create for himself , even at the end of games. Embiid is turnover prone and has to get better with his playmaking but the team also has to be built to fit your best players
strengths and weaknesses. Trying to fit a square into a circle year after year is not aligned with reality.


How? With how bad our 5 man units are when Biid is off the floor.

It worthless to get a 28pt lead then later lose all the lead when he’s on the bench.

Thats why it doesnt matter to bring guys who fits Embiid well. You can turn Ben into a 40% spot up shooter and we’d still be losing games. Because the story will still be the same.

He misses around 20 games in an already shortened season.

In the playoffs, you dont know if he’s playing. And is bound to miss games. While the team can’t win even against a borderline playoff team like the Wizards.

And if he plays, you’re handed two versions of him which is a russian roulette.

If Biid is healthy spiritually:
We get big leads when Biid is on the floor.
We lose all the lead when Biid is off the floor.

The game gets close in crucial moments when the game favors the perimeter scorer.

If Biid is unhealthy spiritually:

He looks tired and lethargic. Immobile on defense, brick factory on offense.

He misses bunny on point blank to win you games.


I don't think you understand what I'm saying here. It's pretty obvious he needs a shot creator on the peremiter , to take the pressure off during games and during the closing moments of the game. Not a bunch of shooters who cannot do anything with the ball , not big men that occupy the same space he does. If we had a viable option like that you wouldn't have Embiid trying to close games out and create for himself as the only option.

The peremeter guy would have his space to take over and do what he needs to do and Embiid would have his space. Not 3 guys that like to occupy the same space.
User avatar
76ciology
RealGM
Posts: 49,040
And1: 15,800
Joined: Jun 06, 2002
Contact:

Re: Joel Embiid 

Post#1439 » by 76ciology » Wed Aug 4, 2021 7:14 am

phillynative wrote:
76ciology wrote:
phillynative wrote:
I want to know what version of this team has been a "Biidcentric" team ??? Lol. One where Ben is the PG , or there's another Big Man in the paint with him, or peremiter players that cannot create take some of the pressure off and shoot the ball consistently from the outside?...

Like I said earlier Embiid is not without fault . Just like any other star player. The proof is in the pudding what Embiids weaknesses are but that doesn't go without saying, he has been put in a position where he has to create for himself , even at the end of games. Embiid is turnover prone and has to get better with his playmaking but the team also has to be built to fit your best players
strengths and weaknesses. Trying to fit a square into a circle year after year is not aligned with reality.


How? With how bad our 5 man units are when Biid is off the floor.

It worthless to get a 28pt lead then later lose all the lead when he’s on the bench.

Thats why it doesnt matter to bring guys who fits Embiid well. You can turn Ben into a 40% spot up shooter and we’d still be losing games. Because the story will still be the same.

He misses around 20 games in an already shortened season.

In the playoffs, you dont know if he’s playing. And is bound to miss games. While the team can’t win even against a borderline playoff team like the Wizards.

And if he plays, you’re handed two versions of him which is a russian roulette.

If Biid is healthy spiritually:
We get big leads when Biid is on the floor.
We lose all the lead when Biid is off the floor.

The game gets close in crucial moments when the game favors the perimeter scorer.

If Biid is unhealthy spiritually:

He looks tired and lethargic. Immobile on defense, brick factory on offense.

He misses bunny on point blank to win you games.


I don't think you understand what I'm saying here. It's pretty obvious he needs a shot creator on the peremiter , to take the pressure off during games and during the closing moments of the game. Not a bunch of shooters who cannot do anything with the ball , not big men that occupy the same space he does. If we had a viable option like that you wouldn't have Embiid trying to close games out and create for himself as the only option.

The peremeter guy would have his space to take over and do what he needs to do and Embiid would have his space. Not 3 guys that like to occupy the same space.


Again it does not matter. Even if Ben is a 40% spot up shooter.

Even if you put CJ McCullom here as the shot creator it does not matter.

It only matters if you have Harden or Dame.

Because Embiid disappears randomly.

You need to build a team where Embiid can slide into a helper than a player that you build around.

If you build around Biid, your success lies with him and he’s just not reliable.

Btw read my previous post and ive updated to make u understand it better
“If anyone can refute me—show me I'm making a mistake or looking at things from the wrong perspective—I'll gladly change. It's the truth I'm after, and the truth never harmed anyone." Marcus Aurelius.
User avatar
76ciology
RealGM
Posts: 49,040
And1: 15,800
Joined: Jun 06, 2002
Contact:

Re: Joel Embiid 

Post#1440 » by 76ciology » Wed Aug 4, 2021 7:19 am

Your mindset should be..

How do i build a team without Embiid.

And it’s possible. Get another superstar.

Look at the Nets, they can compete even when Harden or kyrie is not playing.

Embiid is the same way, he’s availability is NOT RELIABLE.

You dont know if he’s gonna play or not
You dont know if he’s 100%

And it will get worse as he ages.

It wont be solved by surrounding him with shooters
It wont be solved by surrounding him with shotcreators

It will only be solved if you can find a REAL PLAYER TO BUILD AROUND. The one where he’s availability is a lot more reliable and also carry your squad. Like Harden or Dame.

Embiid is more like Anthony Davis. He needs a LeBron.

“If anyone can refute me—show me I'm making a mistake or looking at things from the wrong perspective—I'll gladly change. It's the truth I'm after, and the truth never harmed anyone." Marcus Aurelius.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers