phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,764

Re: Joel Embiid 

Post#461 » by phillynative » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:24 pm

76ciology wrote:
phillynative wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Unfair, but Biid should be as mobile as those guys. Or atleast be better than ayton, kanter or vuc.

Why woulf he be as mobile as Bam and Ad who are smaller, lighter and better athletes. I agree ge should be more mobile than ayton, kanter and vuc.

Strive for greatness? Even Steph is practicing to be a better shooter.

As a center, being mobile is just as important or maybe even more important than rim protection nowadays.

I hope one day Ben can carry our offense that it allows Biid to focus his energy more on defense

Yeah i understand wanting him to be more mobile and lighter but im saying it may be physically impossible fro him to be as mobile as a davis or adebayo who are just smaller and agile than embiid. They are forwards embiid is legit 7ft albeit with a little too much weight on
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,714

Post#462 » by stormi » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:34 pm

I think it's because we've seen him moving like this at one point

Read on Twitter
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,591

Post#463 » by 76ciology » Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:21 pm

stormi wrote:I think it's because we've seen him moving like this at one point

Read on Twitter

Yup.

It’s not like we’re trying to make Boban into boBAM
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
agiaco
Analyst
And1: 1,126

Post#464 » by agiaco » Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:08 pm

Read on Twitter

Man that squad...rodriguez and stauskas backcourt.
elchengue20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,500

Post#465 » by elchengue20 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:22 pm

Read on Twitter

Yep, we need that Joel back if we want to win a championship. He has to lose weight.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,591

Post#466 » by 76ciology » Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:41 pm

agiaco wrote:

Read on Twitter

Man that squad...rodriguez and stauskas backcourt.

Squash Brothers
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
SixthStreet
Sixth Man
And1: 1,551

Post#467 » by SixthStreet » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:02 pm

I'll never be convinced that Stauskas wasn't an NBA rotation borderline starter kind of player. He was one of the most cocksure college players I've ever seen at Michigan but all that confidence totally disappeared in the NBA seemingly from day 1.
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,905

Post#468 » by kuclas » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:06 pm

The issue isn’t that Embiid can’t guard point guards or chase point guards. Sure I don’t think he’s as nimble as in 2016 compared to 2020. But we seem him guard small guards in 2019-2020. He can do it. But why?

1. He’s gonna to waste energy, fouls or both chasing guards in the perimeter. It’s the same reason why Anthony Davis and Bam A do not want any part of Embiid in the early going on games. It’s suicide for them to waste fouls and energy on Embiid.

Embiid should pick his spots though when to step up and cut off the pick and roll. It’s become too predictable with him sagging into the paint. It’s ok to let guards drive past you. That’s just the part of the game. The real game plan is to confuse opponent. “Hey is Embiid stepping up? Or is he sagging in?” Once you start to get opponents second guessing drives. You’ve won the matchup already regardless if they score or not.

It’s the same with Embiid getting the ball in the low post on offense. Teams confuse Embiid with the pseudo fake double team. Once Embiid gets confused. The other team has already won. Embiid becomes not sure. Takes up time. Makes poor decisions. And it’s irreverent whether he scores or not.

The key is to keep opponents off kilter. And sixers defensive scheme became way too predictable.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,714

Post#469 » by stormi » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:49 pm

Joel Slimbiid has returned

Read on Twitter

ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,975

Post#470 » by ankle420breaker » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:35 pm

Camp is just around the corner. Hopefully his weight and conditioning support all the talk. Hearing Morey mention that he's been putting in two-a-days at the facility is encouraging.

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,764

Post#471 » by Sixersftw » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:41 pm

From what little has come out, it sounds like he's really working on getting in better shape. I'd love a montage of him eating salads.
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
elchengue20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,500

Post#472 » by elchengue20 » Tue Dec 8, 2020 4:27 am

Big year for Biid. He has to be a top 10 player and MVP candidate. The time is now.

He needs to be in better shape and get better defensively.Hope all the talk is true.Also some improved shooting would be huge.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,109

Post#473 » by Kobblehead » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:04 am

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30491121/joel-embiid-moving-harsh-words-new-philadelphia-76ers-assistant

Cool little article about Embiid and critical ex-Pacers coach that talked crap.

Interested tidbit is that apparently Burke is pushing Embiid to hedge pick and rolls and not drop.
Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,764

Post#474 » by Sixersftw » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:29 pm

Kobblehead wrote:https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30491121/joel-embiid-moving-harsh-words-new-philadelphia-76ers-assistant

Cool little article about Embiid and critical ex-Pacers coach that talked crap.

Interested tidbit is that apparently Burke is pushing Embiid to hedge pick and rolls and not drop.

If he's hedging again, he better be in shape. He was nowhere near mobile enough to do this last year.
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#475 » by LloydFree » Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:41 pm

Sixersftw wrote:From what little has come out, it sounds like he's really working on getting in better shape. I'd love a montage of him eating salads.

Hallelujah. Embiid finally got a nutritionist. I thought he was a lost cause last year when I heard he doesn't like to eat fish. Maybe his financee' talked some sense into him.

Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
phillychuck
Sophomore
And1: 55

Post#476 » by phillychuck » Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:58 am

And he misses game 2 of the exhibition schedule with "Gastroenteritis" again. I'm not questioning that he's sick, but someone on the Sixers med staff has to figure it out. Maybe he has Crone's disease or serious IBS. That can be treated.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,250

Post#477 » by eyeatoma » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:54 am

phillychuck wrote:And he misses game 2 of the exhibition schedule with "Gastroenteritis" again. I'm not questioning that he's sick, but someone on the Sixers med staff has to figure it out. Maybe he has Crone's disease or serious IBS. That can be treated.
This is the second time he's had it. It's pretty common, I wouldn't say it's chronic. The last time he was out with it was the playoffs against the Raptors.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,764

Post#478 » by phillynative » Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:54 am

eyeatoma wrote:
phillychuck wrote:And he misses game 2 of the exhibition schedule with "Gastroenteritis" again. I'm not questioning that he's sick, but someone on the Sixers med staff has to figure it out. Maybe he has Crone's disease or serious IBS. That can be treated.
This is the second time he's had it. It's pretty common, i wouldnt day it's chronic. The last time he was out with it was the playoffs against the Raptors.

How do you know its not just a common cold?
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,250

Post#479 » by eyeatoma » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:23 am

phillynative wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
This is the second time he's had it. It's pretty common, i wouldnt day it's chronic. The last time he was out with it was the playoffs against the Raptors.

Exactly.

mithrandir17
Veteran
And1: 1,609

Post#480 » by mithrandir17 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:44 pm

phillynative wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

Because with the amount of injuries we had to endure throughout the years, many of the posters here have become internet doctors already.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers