ImageImageImage

Game 59: Sixers @ Cavs - 7pm

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,476

Re: Game 59: Sixers @ Cavs - 7pm 

Post#181 » by GoSixersBro » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:08 pm

Clearly Harris, but I don't call guys All-Stars in my book who never were actually All-Stars. Maybe Devin Booker before the Lillard replacement, but for sure not Tobias.
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,119

Post#182 » by Arsenal » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:13 pm

Afraid to take freaking leadfoot Ante Zizic off the dribble. Finally does after Shake passes it back him twice, then throws up an airball.

$180M y'all.

Read on Twitter
eagereyez
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,462

Post#183 » by eagereyez » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:45 pm

Arsenal wrote:Jerry West offered Tobias 4yrs/$80M. When he wouldn't sign, West promptly found a TOTAL SUCKER to give him assets for a guy he didn't want. Said sucker than paid Tobias 5 yrs/$180M after burning assets to get him.

Jerry West = great visionary long-term management
Elton Brand = myopic and totally incompetent management

But the Sixers needed to spend their cap space or lose it for good! I mean, what could go wrong with greatly overpaying role players and going into the luxury tax for a team that has never made it past the 2nd round of the playoffs?
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,119

Post#184 » by Arsenal » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:49 pm

eagereyez wrote:
Arsenal wrote:Jerry West offered Tobias 4yrs/$80M. When he wouldn't sign, West promptly found a TOTAL SUCKER to give him assets for a guy he didn't want. Said sucker than paid Tobias 5 yrs/$180M after burning assets to get him.

But the Sixers needed to spend their cap space or lose it for good! I mean, what could go wrong with greatly overpaying role players and going into the luxury tax for a team that has never made it past the 2nd round of the playoffs?

Yeah we could never get anyone anyway so we HAD to burn assets and then throw the cap away on Tobias and Horford! There was no better option!
Kova
Veteran
And1: 710

Re: Game 58: Sixers @ Cavs - 7pm 

Post#185 » by Kova » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:37 pm

GoSixersBro wrote:
eagereyez wrote:
Kova wrote:11p-4r-3a. FG: 4/13, 3P: 1/4, FT: 2/2, 36 minutes, 150 million. I'd rather have 43 years old Melo.

I was told that Harris is an All-Star caliber player. :)

Last year I would roll my eyes every time one of our fans would claim we had 4 All-Stars. I couldn't decide which bothered me more: whether these fans indeed thought Harris was All-Star caliber or if they even knew he'd never been an All-Star in his career.

I decided I'll keep doing this every game. He's had more bad games this season than good ones, so maybe people start to realize he is the real problem on this roster.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,703

Post#186 » by the_process » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:48 am

Nailed it.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,080

Post#187 » by Kobblehead » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:10 am

GoSixersBro wrote:Clearly Harris, but I don't call guys All-Stars in my book who never were actually All-Stars. Maybe Devin Booker before the Lillard replacement, but for sure not Tobias.

Right, but at least he's producing fringe allstar scoring production. It's not that much of a stretch.
Simmons25
Analyst
And1: 2,235

Post#188 » by Simmons25 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:53 am

rzzzzz wrote:
Simmons25 wrote:Jimmy ...only bothered to show up in the playoffs because they finally relented into his demands and took the ball off Ben. The dude is a cancer every where he goes and that will include Miami as soon as the going gets tough there.

shows you what idiots Pat Riley and Erik Spoelstra are. yeah, they figure out how to manage star players, and evaluate and develop young talent, maybe win a few titles, but they're losers thinking that just beating other teams means anything in the modern game.

You're really putting Jimmy Butler in the same group as Lebron, Shaq & Wade? :lol: :lol:

Yes lets see how many championship Riley and Spoelstra will win with Jimmy Butler.
Zumramania
Senior
And1: 409

Post#189 » by Zumramania » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:14 pm

These are Tobias' home and away stats:

Home: 49.9% FG 38.9% 3pt 19.7 ppg
Away: 44.9% FG 33.8% 3pt 18.6 ppg

He's literally a different player.

Also in our wins he shoots 40.4% from 3 and in losses 29.4%. So we could say our W's and L's are in a way determined by Tobias' shooting. An by Joel's general shooting (FG 51% in wins and 41% FG in losses). Horford also has 37% FG in our losses and 48% FG in our wins.
These players are also affected by home-away (e.g. Horford shoots 30% from 3 in away games and 36% in home games). In all other Sixers the difference is not that dramatic and Ben Simmons even shoots slightly better when we lose than we win.
Josh Richardson also shows a remarkable consistency in being bad: his FG is always around 43%, regardless of Sixers playing home or away or winning or losing.
TTP
Head Coach
And1: 4,398

Post#190 » by TTP » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:58 pm

Arsenal wrote:
eagereyez wrote:

Yeah we could never get anyone anyway so we HAD to burn assets and then throw the cap away on Tobias and Horford! There was no better option!

When we traded for Harris, Brand's statement was that "Tobias is one of the best three-point shooters in the NBA and possesses an innate ability to impact the game on both ends of the floor".

Apparently a career 36.4% 3 point shooter is one of the best shooters in the NBA. Apparently Brand didn't realize that he's not a good defender either. Just another example of someone overrating 3 point percentage fluctuations in sample sizes that aren't as relevant as they think.

Meanwhile we actually traded away one of the best 3 point shooters in the NBA in Shamet.
jonjames is a signature bet welcher.

Appostis wrote:You're friend ..is a idiot.
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,692

Post#191 » by rzzzzz » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:33 pm

Simmons25 wrote:Yes lets see how many championship Riley and Spoelstra will win with Jimmy Butler.

"You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
"I know a place where the villains are welcome."

Return to Philadelphia 76ers