None of the above
2%

Total votes: 47

ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,194

Who would you trade? Not Ben or Jo 

Post#1 » by ProcessDoctor » Thu Mar 5, 2020 3:03 pm

It seems like there’s enough evidence to suggest that Ben and Jo have been successful together with the right supporting cast. We’ve spent a lot of assets and money building this team, but unfortunately, the sum has been less than its parts. This is largely due to an ill-fitting supporting cast.

That being said, we still have some wiggle room to re-tool and create a team that caters to our franchise players. Given the opportunity, who would you trade and why?

Mods please move to fantasy trade thread if you feel necessary. However, this is a thread to pick who fits best around Ben/Jo rather than create trade proposals.

TLDR: Ben and Jo stay, see poll
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
mithrandir17
Veteran
And1: 1,609

Re: Who would you trade? Not Ben or Jo 

Post#2 » by mithrandir17 » Thu Mar 5, 2020 3:06 pm

Horford and Richardson for me. Harris can still be the PF in the starting lineup. Hopefully Al and Josh can bring back a starting quality wing.
UptownPhilly
Analyst
And1: 183

Post#3 » by UptownPhilly » Thu Mar 5, 2020 3:49 pm

All three. Horford is washed, and we should have never signed him (for that amount of money). I like Tobias, but not at his price. Richardson is ok, but I'd rather upgrade in a large way at SG/SF.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,801

Post#4 » by Negrodamus » Thu Mar 5, 2020 4:04 pm

If it were feasible and a decent yield, I'd say all three but that's not realistic.

Josh and Horford need to go this offseason for different reasons.
PhillyFan11
Rookie
And1: 444

Post#5 » by PhillyFan11 » Thu Mar 5, 2020 4:24 pm

We could be doing much worse as a 4th option than Richardson for $10M. For sure disappointing that he didn’t step up when needed in some instances this year, but he’s still the least of our worries in my opinion.

Tobi is a $15-18M a year good role player we are paying max $. And Al is a $10M a year backup 5 we are paying $28M. Those are the 2 reasons this team isn’t a real contender and won’t be until changes are made
ivysixer2000
General Manager
And1: 2,033

Post#6 » by ivysixer2000 » Thu Mar 5, 2020 4:51 pm

Problem is, we could say all 3 should be on the block, but what can we realistically get for them.

Josh has the best contract by far, so he would be more movable. I figure it would have to be him and one of the other two, whether its Al or Tobi. Really doesn't matter between those 2, either one would be hard to move with those contracts, especially Al.

It would be pretty hard to move both Al and Tobi together without taking alot of junk back.
FlyingArrow
Starter
And1: 1,432

Post#7 » by FlyingArrow » Thu Mar 5, 2020 5:35 pm

I voted Horford.

An article a few days ago on cbssports.com listed a few trade scenarios for Al Horford. Horford (plus some 2nd rd picks) for Kevin Love sounded perfect for us if that trade is possible. Realistically, Horford isn't bringing back very much. He's probably not that much worse than last year, but his performance in our system has tanked his value, and his contract was too long/too much from the start. I think we knew the contract was too much going in, but the option was to overpay or not get him. Love's contract is similarly terrible, but he's a much better fit here since he can space the floor better. I don't know that Horford can bring a better option than Love.

Tobias has been fine. He was borderline all-star before coming here. He's fallen off that pace, but he's still a solid starter in the league and fits okay with the rest of the roster. He's a good piece to have on the roster, even if he doesn't quite earn his salary. I don't think we can trade him and get better.

Josh is similarly fine, but I'd also be willing to let him go (especially in combination with one of the other 2) if we can get a key piece in return.
mithrandir17
Veteran
And1: 1,609

Post#8 » by mithrandir17 » Thu Mar 5, 2020 5:41 pm

Btw, what happens to the last year of Horford's contract if he is traded? I believe the full guarantee of the last year is tied to us getting to the finals. Will that condition be transferred to the receiving team or will he get the minimum guaranteed money if he is traded?
sodmoraes
Rookie
And1: 537

Post#9 » by sodmoraes » Thu Mar 5, 2020 6:25 pm

Horford is so washed it hurts.. :banghead: I don´t kown what we can get trading him. I like Tobias game. Isn´t the greatest fit, since he´s not a willing spot up shooter, but i like his versatility. I would try to trade richardson too. I´m guilty of not following his game when he played in miami, but, by the coments in this board, i thought he was a way better player( as defender and shooter). He´s mediocre at best.
[quote:bba5df4c1f="hornetstime"]jr smith will be out of this league in 2 years, book it.[/quote]
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,472

Post#10 » by youngcrev » Thu Mar 5, 2020 7:11 pm

I wouldn't be particularly attached to any of them. Kinda depends on what I can get in return. Tobias would be the least likely to be dealt since I think he at least fits here and that contract is a trade value killer.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,807

Post#11 » by Mik317 » Thu Mar 5, 2020 7:23 pm

all of 3 of them lol.

Tobias needs the ball to be the best version of himself...but is not good enough to be that. Horford's best spot is the 5 and thats not happening here. And Josh is due for a payday and while solid at a lot of things, not good enough at any of them to be worth that money (plus will probably have to go in any deal with the other two as sweetener..or just in any deal period because we will more than likely lose him for nothing).

This is not happening tho. So it goes Horford> Tobias> Josh in order of who should go first.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
MambaJuice
Junior
And1: 194

Post#12 » by MambaJuice » Thu Mar 5, 2020 7:27 pm

We can improve on all 3 be it by acquiring someone who is actually better or enough pieces to exceed their production and fit.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,721

Post#13 » by the_process » Thu Mar 5, 2020 7:42 pm

This is how I look at it:

Definitely Horford.
Preferably Harris.
And if need be Josh.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,194

Post#14 » by ProcessDoctor » Thu Mar 5, 2020 8:23 pm

the_process wrote:This is how I look at it:

Definitely Horford.
Preferably Harris.
And if need be Josh.

This is also my stance. However, I would consider moving Harris first since his contract is 1 year longer and he's less impactful per every advanced stat.

Edit: It honestly might come down to who nets us a better return.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
ivysixer2000
General Manager
And1: 2,033

Post#15 » by ivysixer2000 » Thu Mar 5, 2020 9:07 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:
the_process wrote:This is how I look at it:

Definitely Horford.
Preferably Harris.
And if need be Josh.

This is also my stance. However, I would consider moving Harris first since his contract is 1 year longer and he's less impactful per every advanced stat.

Edit: It honestly might come down to who nets us a better return.

Well it sounds good in theory, problem is with Josh. Is he good enough to extend?? He will probably want big money, we might need to trade him if we don't want him long term so we don't end up with nothing for Jimmy.

At this point, its really hard to not want to give all 3 of them away for a bag of chips (with cheese dip).
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,898

Post#16 » by mjkvol » Thu Mar 5, 2020 9:36 pm

All three, although I understand it won't happen. Horford for the obvious reasons, Harris because he's a bad fit and is horribly overpaid for what he is, and Josh because I'd like a major upgrade at the 2 and don't think he's worth extending. Harris would be the hardest to move due to the contract, and I don't think the organization has any intention on trading him.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,059

Post#17 » by sixers hoops » Thu Mar 5, 2020 9:44 pm

I think making Embiid and Simmons successful together requires such a specific complementary cast, that they have to be very rigid with the players they acquire.

I thought filling out the roster with above average shooters to space the floor would be enough. However, teams aren’t going to give them any room to operate unless there are two or three snipers to space the floor. Tobias, Josh, and Hortford are guys that other teams seem willing to let beat them, and they rarely shoot consistent enough to make them pay.

I would hate to sacrifice defense for Belinelli types. I hope we can get some shooters that can defend as well. It’s tough tho when you lock in to the wrong players on monster contracts.
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Post#18 » by Foshan » Fri Mar 6, 2020 4:21 am

my big *what if* in all of this, is we very specifically brought in Al for a problem we encountered in the playoffs, lack of a decent Embiid back up. An ever-increasingly smaller portion of me thinks that Al is going to turn it on in the playoffs, solid D and rebounding, and hitting some big shots.

That said, the much more realistic scenario is things continue as is, and we look to move him.

Is there a grossly over paid swap for Al that might just be a better fit? Could Barnes play better here than he is in Sac? Return to GSW form? I'd prefer that route, over paying to turn him into an expiring, as we wont have much space when he comes off.

Then I look to possibly move Jrich before we have to resign him. I'd be willing for draft capital and a worse expiring player in the off season, if we could look to flip that player at the deadline for someone with a longer deal.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,721

Post#19 » by the_process » Fri Mar 6, 2020 5:22 am

Foshan wrote:my big *what if* in all of this, is we very specifically brought in Al for a problem we encountered in the playoffs, lack of a decent Embiid back up. An ever-increasingly smaller portion of me thinks that Al is going to turn it on in the playoffs, solid D and rebounding, and hitting some big shots.

That said, the much more realistic scenario is things continue as is, and we look to move him.

Is there a grossly over paid swap for Al that might just be a better fit? Could Barnes play better here than he is in Sac? Return to GSW form? I'd prefer that route, over paying to turn him into an expiring, as we wont have much space when he comes off.

Then I look to possibly move JRich before we have to resign him. I'd be willing for draft capital and a worse expiring player in the off season, if we could look to flip that player at the deadline for someone with a longer deal.

After tonight's game, I hope Vivek falls hard for Tobias and Al.
Aussiepiston1
Bench Warmer
And1: 278

Post#20 » by Aussiepiston1 » Fri Mar 6, 2020 9:45 am

Al Horford isn’t washed up and the fact Embiid misses 20 games a year he’s perfect here once we get a new coach that can utilise him better and Simmons takes the next step and has a jump shot.
Tobias can be replaced by Marcus Morris or Otto porter so if we can either of those guys whilst getting a decent small forward in return I’d do it and spread the money between burks, gr3 and jrich.
Other wise keep everyone with minor tweaks, new coach and we’ll be contenders.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers