ImageImageImage

Who would you trade? Not Ben or Jo

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, Foshan, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Who would you trade?

Tobias Harris
6
13%
Al Horford
21
45%
Josh Richardson
3
6%
Two of the above (explain)
10
21%
Three of the above (explain)
6
13%
None of the above
1
2%
 
Total votes: 47

PhillyPhilly
Rookie
Posts: 1,072
And1: 410
Joined: Jul 01, 2018
       

Re: Who would you trade? Not Ben or Jo 

Post#21 » by PhillyPhilly » Fri Mar 6, 2020 10:08 am

1. Tobias is doing his job and getting pretty much 20 ppg whilst getting rebounds and scoring on all three levels...talk of him "not fitting" is bs imo.

2. Richardson's main problem has been injuries...not performance. He's tough on the defensive side, can create his own shot and gets around 15 ppg...so I'm fine with that.

The guy who I could live with going is Horford...but only if we cam get a decent player back. As much as folks are writing off this team...it seems to be lost on people that the best five have barely played 20 games together this season as guys have been injured at different times..we need a new coach..not to tear the whole thing down just to appease moaning fans.
FlyingArrow
Rookie
Posts: 1,079
And1: 497
Joined: May 29, 2018
   

Re: Who would you trade? Not Ben or Jo 

Post#22 » by FlyingArrow » Fri Mar 6, 2020 9:05 pm

In the playoffs we got KILLED when Embiid was on the bench. This would make Horford upset, but what if he were literally Embiid's backup... so only playing less than 20mpg when Embiid sits. Can Horford keep us alive in the playoffs while Embiid sits? If he does that and we win, he's worth every penny.

/optimism
brannigan73
Junior
Posts: 358
And1: 193
Joined: Apr 28, 2011

Re: Who would you trade? Not Ben or Jo 

Post#23 » by brannigan73 » Sun Mar 8, 2020 10:13 pm

I cant believe that few people want to trade Harris and Horford. This team will never contend for anything with $60 million a year invested in those two guys. I honestly don't know what more people need to see. They need to get rid of those two guys and try to put as much shooting as possible around Simmons and Embiid. The main goal of a new GM If they decide to get rid of Brand should be to get rid of those two for just about anything that doesnt bring long term money back I really believe it. Tobi has been a slightly above average player since coming here we have a full season of him with the Sixers basically some switch isnt going to magically come on with this guy this is who he is. Sometimes you have to face reality and make moves that seem painful but are totally necessary. We are going to waste the prime years of Simmons and Embiid career the way this is going.
User avatar
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
Posts: 9,715
And1: 1,275
Joined: Jan 10, 2009

Re: Who would you trade? Not Ben or Jo 

Post#24 » by Foshan » Mon Mar 9, 2020 1:35 am

brannigan73 wrote:I cant believe that few people want to trade Harris and Horford. This team will never contend for anything with $60 million a year invested in those two guys. I honestly don't know what more people need to see. They need to get rid of those two guys and try to put as much shooting as possible around Simmons and Embiid.


Basically, the answer to that question is a playoff series. Like mentioned above, all our moves were made to directly address our deficiencies in the playoffs. Biggest problem, we sucked when Embiid was out. Boom Horford. We needed a guard that wouldn't be abused defensively like JJ, boom JRich. We needed someone else on the floor besides Ben who could dribble and score the ball if things in the offense weren't flowing. Harris, growing into this role more than last year (ideally).

I'm not tied to these guys, but understand given our cap situation, that they do address those needs. A 100 mph ben surrounded by shooters is a great regular season team, but just isn't going to get us past the second round. Plus, could you imagine a team of just shooters playing right now without Ben/Embiid? We'd be getting destroyed worse than we currently are.
User avatar
BigSleep333
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,456
And1: 1,510
Joined: Dec 30, 2011
   

Re: Who would you trade? Not Ben or Jo 

Post#25 » by BigSleep333 » Mon Mar 9, 2020 4:10 am

Foshan wrote:
brannigan73 wrote:I cant believe that few people want to trade Harris and Horford. This team will never contend for anything with $60 million a year invested in those two guys. I honestly don't know what more people need to see. They need to get rid of those two guys and try to put as much shooting as possible around Simmons and Embiid.


Basically, the answer to that question is a playoff series. Like mentioned above, all our moves were made to directly address our deficiencies in the playoffs. Biggest problem, we sucked when Embiid was out. Boom Horford. We needed a guard that wouldn't be abused defensively like JJ, boom JRich. We needed someone else on the floor besides Ben who could dribble and score the ball if things in the offense weren't flowing. Harris, growing into this role more than last year (ideally).

I'm not tied to these guys, but understand given our cap situation, that they do address those needs. A 100 mph ben surrounded by shooters is a great regular season team, but just isn't going to get us past the second round. Plus, could you imagine a team of just shooters playing right now without Ben/Embiid? We'd be getting destroyed worse than we currently are.


worse than gettin blown out by the cavs? worse than gettin beat by the TANKING dubs without any of their real players. yesterday they played with a s5 with 2 guys ive never heard of (for real man, they played with "toscano-anderson" and "mulder") and we still lost that. our team is straight trash and only embiid and sometimes ben gets us wins individually.

to the offseason moves...yes, we needed a better backup center when jojo sits, but you dont **** throw away 100 million $ for a backup, whos btw almost 34 and a shadow of his former self. boom, **** ourselves.

yes, we needed someone in the starting lineup who wont get destroyed on d on every possession. problem is, redick was/is a sniper and a focal point on offense. to me its a offense/defense swap that didnt make us better. boom, no gain.

yes, we needed someone else on the floor besides Ben who could dribble and score the ball (imo we need another primary ballhandler, but thats another case), but what we really needed is a GUARD who can get his stuff. tobi isnt quick or good enough to play that role. paid him superstar money for unrealistic hopes...boom, **** ourselves.



i doubt we can fix this team by trading tobi and/or horford/jrich. the first 2 have negative value imo...who can we get for those 2 who are better than them? i dont see any team trading for them and give us an actual good player. jrich is on a fair contract, but he is a good role player and nothing more. we wont get a gamechanger for him either.(just traded one for him though lol)

the only realistic (and somewhat desperate) move given the situation now is, trade ben for dame. but i guess thats OT here.
Dnt hate
Junior
Posts: 479
And1: 241
Joined: Jun 14, 2016

Re: Who would you trade? Not Ben or Jo 

Post#26 » by Dnt hate » Mon Mar 9, 2020 10:34 am

BigSleep333 wrote:
Foshan wrote:
brannigan73 wrote:I cant believe that few people want to trade Harris and Horford. This team will never contend for anything with $60 million a year invested in those two guys. I honestly don't know what more people need to see. They need to get rid of those two guys and try to put as much shooting as possible around Simmons and Embiid.


Basically, the answer to that question is a playoff series. Like mentioned above, all our moves were made to directly address our deficiencies in the playoffs. Biggest problem, we sucked when Embiid was out. Boom Horford. We needed a guard that wouldn't be abused defensively like JJ, boom JRich. We needed someone else on the floor besides Ben who could dribble and score the ball if things in the offense weren't flowing. Harris, growing into this role more than last year (ideally).

I'm not tied to these guys, but understand given our cap situation, that they do address those needs. A 100 mph ben surrounded by shooters is a great regular season team, but just isn't going to get us past the second round. Plus, could you imagine a team of just shooters playing right now without Ben/Embiid? We'd be getting destroyed worse than we currently are.


worse than gettin blown out by the cavs? worse than gettin beat by the TANKING dubs without any of their real players. yesterday they played with a s5 with 2 guys ive never heard of (for real man, they played with "toscano-anderson" and "mulder") and we still lost that. our team is straight trash and only embiid and sometimes ben gets us wins individually.

to the offseason moves...yes, we needed a better backup center when jojo sits, but you dont **** throw away 100 million $ for a backup, whos btw almost 34 and a shadow of his former self. boom, **** ourselves.

yes, we needed someone in the starting lineup who wont get destroyed on d on every possession. problem is, redick was/is a sniper and a focal point on offense. to me its a offense/defense swap that didnt make us better. boom, no gain.

yes, we needed someone else on the floor besides Ben who could dribble and score the ball (imo we need another primary ballhandler, but thats another case), but what we really needed is a GUARD who can get his stuff. tobi isnt quick or good enough to play that role. paid him superstar money for unrealistic hopes...boom, **** ourselves.



i doubt we can fix this team by trading tobi and/or horford/jrich. the first 2 have negative value imo...who can we get for those 2 who are better than them? i dont see any team trading for them and give us an actual good player. jrich is on a fair contract, but he is a good role player and nothing more. we wont get a gamechanger for him either.(just traded one for him though lol)

the only realistic (and somewhat desperate) move given the situation now is, trade ben for dame. but i guess thats OT here.

What foshan said totally makes sense tho, purely postseason moves
Kobblehead
RealGM
Posts: 30,516
And1: 12,725
Joined: Apr 15, 2010
 

Re: Who would you trade? Not Ben or Jo 

Post#27 » by Kobblehead » Mon Mar 9, 2020 3:15 pm

Horford is the most obvious one. There's no reason to be paying megadeals to multiple Cs on the same roster.
mjkvol
Junior
Posts: 255
And1: 117
Joined: Apr 13, 2019

Re: Who would you trade? Not Ben or Jo 

Post#28 » by mjkvol » Mon Mar 9, 2020 4:14 pm

Dnt hate wrote:What foshan said totally makes sense tho, purely postseason moves


This is what we'll hopefully find out if everyone's healthy. To me, they should be ultra conservative with Jo, Ben, and Josh, just making sure they are ready for the playoffs. Seeding is not important enough to push guys down the stretch.
LeonJordanJr24
Rookie
Posts: 1,071
And1: 203
Joined: Jul 18, 2013

Re: Who would you trade? Not Ben or Jo 

Post#29 » by LeonJordanJr24 » Mon Mar 9, 2020 5:24 pm

Very obvious that the complimentary pieces around Simmons and Embiid aren’t best fits. This team need to focus on balancing an elite outside inside offensive game. Two key missing pieces is finding the JJ Redick shooting guard replacement and finding that 3rd star combo scoring guard player that “Markelle was suppose to be”.

This summer is crucial in terms of moving some pieces for better fittin pieces.

Ideally Horford and zhaire or JRich for Buddy Hield.

Tobias Harris and zhaire or JRich for Bradley, Lavine and CJ Mccolum is mandatory acquisition.
User avatar
stormi
Senior
Posts: 662
And1: 442
Joined: Jun 04, 2019
 

Re: Who would you trade? Not Ben or Jo 

Post#30 » by stormi » Mon Mar 9, 2020 6:28 pm

FlyingArrow wrote:In the playoffs we got KILLED when Embiid was on the bench. This would make Horford upset, but what if he were literally Embiid's backup... so only playing less than 20mpg when Embiid sits. Can Horford keep us alive in the playoffs while Embiid sits? If he does that and we win, he's worth every penny.

/optimism


That doesn't mean giving a backup center 100 million dollars. Aron Baynes was out there, there are Noel's and Dedmon's out there every single year. Horford is still a great player and he'd have value to a lot of teams with subpar frontcourts... but we can't afford to be spending that much on a player that has bad cohesion with our two stars while so many other glaring holes remain on the roster. I'm all for trading Al and Tobi out of necessity. Tobias is not a good player, i've never seen someone consistently score a quieter 15-20 points per night. He's an empty stat merchant who sucks defensively.
User avatar
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,995
And1: 129
Joined: Jul 14, 2006

Re: Who would you trade? Not Ben or Jo 

Post#31 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:00 am

What if we can do a swap with both our 2020 picks and a player we don't like, respectively?

Andrew Wiggins + Kevon Looney + Top 3 2020 Draft Pick for Al Horford + 2020 20th Pick (via nbadraft.net)?

Fair Trade or nah? You guys would get a scoring wing who looked to have improved a bit defensively when he was playing with us earlier this season. His contract doesn't justify his talent for being the 2014 1st pick overall, but he's still young and still has room for improvement. We get Horford off your hands/payroll along with the 20th pick.

And not sure if rumors are true, but are you guys trying to get rid of either Embiid or Simmons since they don't work well together on court together?
youngcrev
RealGM
Posts: 21,405
And1: 3,927
Joined: Jun 12, 2005
Location: Philadelphia(ish)
   

Re: Who would you trade? Not Ben or Jo 

Post#32 » by youngcrev » Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:10 am

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:What if we can do a swap with both our 2020 picks and a player we don't like, respectively?

Andrew Wiggins + Kevon Looney + Top 3 2020 Draft Pick for Al Horford + 2020 20th Pick (via nbadraft.net)?

Fair Trade or nah? You guys would get a scoring wing who looked to have improved a bit defensively when he was playing with us earlier this season. His contract doesn't justify his talent for being the 2014 1st pick overall, but he's still young and still has room for improvement. We get Horford off your hands/payroll along with the 20th pick.

And not sure if rumors are true, but are you guys trying to get rid of either Embiid or Simmons since they don't work well together on court together?


I don't think that's a fair trade, but I'd happily do it.

As far as I know there aren't any rumors about them moving one or the other, just a constant talking point. They've worked extremely well together on the court, so I don't really get it.
User avatar
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,995
And1: 129
Joined: Jul 14, 2006

Re: Who would you trade? Not Ben or Jo 

Post#33 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:17 am

youngcrev wrote:
AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:What if we can do a swap with both our 2020 picks and a player we don't like, respectively?

Andrew Wiggins + Kevon Looney + Top 3 2020 Draft Pick for Al Horford + 2020 20th Pick (via nbadraft.net)?

Fair Trade or nah? You guys would get a scoring wing who looked to have improved a bit defensively when he was playing with us earlier this season. His contract doesn't justify his talent for being the 2014 1st pick overall, but he's still young and still has room for improvement. We get Horford off your hands/payroll along with the 20th pick.

And not sure if rumors are true, but are you guys trying to get rid of either Embiid or Simmons since they don't work well together on court together?


I don't think that's a fair trade, but I'd happily do it.

As far as I know there aren't any rumors about them moving one or the other, just a constant talking point. They've worked extremely well together on the court, so I don't really get it.


I can see why you'd think that, but if a winner of this trade needs to be decided, I'd say you guys win in this trade because 1) You guys acquire a top-3 draft pick and 2) You remove Horford who's contract doesn't make sense as he's aging and doesn't fit with the rest of your team. You acquire another player in Wiggins who has a crazy contract, but I think you guys are in good shape as you guys are a pretty young and competitive ball club. If you're looking in the next few to a couple years with regards to the salary cap and try to not invade the luxury tax threshold, it won't hurt that much lol.
User avatar
76ciology
RealGM
Posts: 42,298
And1: 13,306
Joined: Jun 06, 2002
Contact:

Re: Who would you trade? Not Ben or Jo 

Post#34 » by 76ciology » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:36 am

Josh Richardson.

I can’t see one scenario how he’s useful. At worst, we’ve got Milton, Burks and GRob who can potentially replace him.

He’s a guard who can’t create off the dribble and has a very inconsistent jumper.

I want him to succeed but right now, I’d rather have steady players like Shake or Burks and have Josh Rich play off the bench.
“Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there is absolutely no point.”
youngcrev
RealGM
Posts: 21,405
And1: 3,927
Joined: Jun 12, 2005
Location: Philadelphia(ish)
   

Re: Who would you trade? Not Ben or Jo 

Post#35 » by youngcrev » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:56 am

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:
youngcrev wrote:
AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:What if we can do a swap with both our 2020 picks and a player we don't like, respectively?

Andrew Wiggins + Kevon Looney + Top 3 2020 Draft Pick for Al Horford + 2020 20th Pick (via nbadraft.net)?

Fair Trade or nah? You guys would get a scoring wing who looked to have improved a bit defensively when he was playing with us earlier this season. His contract doesn't justify his talent for being the 2014 1st pick overall, but he's still young and still has room for improvement. We get Horford off your hands/payroll along with the 20th pick.

And not sure if rumors are true, but are you guys trying to get rid of either Embiid or Simmons since they don't work well together on court together?


I don't think that's a fair trade, but I'd happily do it.

As far as I know there aren't any rumors about them moving one or the other, just a constant talking point. They've worked extremely well together on the court, so I don't really get it.


I can see why you'd think that, but if a winner of this trade needs to be decided, I'd say you guys win in this trade because 1) You guys acquire a top-3 draft pick and 2) You remove Horford who's contract doesn't make sense as he's aging and doesn't fit with the rest of your team. You acquire another player in Wiggins who has a crazy contract, but I think you guys are in good shape as you guys are a pretty young and competitive ball club. If you're looking in the next few to a couple years with regards to the salary cap and try to not invade the luxury tax threshold, it won't hurt that much lol.


You got me wrong, the team I think it's not fair for is the Warriors (which is why I said I'd happily do it)
User avatar
ProcessDoctor
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,627
And1: 2,165
Joined: Jul 02, 2006
   

Re: Who would you trade? Not Ben or Jo 

Post#36 » by ProcessDoctor » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:24 pm

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:What if we can do a swap with both our 2020 picks and a player we don't like, respectively?

Andrew Wiggins + Kevon Looney + Top 3 2020 Draft Pick for Al Horford + 2020 20th Pick (via nbadraft.net)?

Fair Trade or nah? You guys would get a scoring wing who looked to have improved a bit defensively when he was playing with us earlier this season. His contract doesn't justify his talent for being the 2014 1st pick overall, but he's still young and still has room for improvement. We get Horford off your hands/payroll along with the 20th pick.

And not sure if rumors are true, but are you guys trying to get rid of either Embiid or Simmons since they don't work well together on court together?


Easily a yes.
2019-2020 Philadelphia 76ers:

Simmons/Milton/Neto
Richardson/Korkmaz/Smith
Robinson/Burks/Thybulle
Harris/Scott
Embiid/Horford/Pelle/O’Quinn
User avatar
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,995
And1: 129
Joined: Jul 14, 2006

Re: Who would you trade? Not Ben or Jo 

Post#37 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:11 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:
AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:What if we can do a swap with both our 2020 picks and a player we don't like, respectively?

Andrew Wiggins + Kevon Looney + Top 3 2020 Draft Pick for Al Horford + 2020 20th Pick (via nbadraft.net)?

Fair Trade or nah? You guys would get a scoring wing who looked to have improved a bit defensively when he was playing with us earlier this season. His contract doesn't justify his talent for being the 2014 1st pick overall, but he's still young and still has room for improvement. We get Horford off your hands/payroll along with the 20th pick.

And not sure if rumors are true, but are you guys trying to get rid of either Embiid or Simmons since they don't work well together on court together?


Easily a yes.


Wiggins + Looney + Paschal + 2020 Top 3 1st Round Pick for Horford + 2020 20th Pick + 2021 Future 1st Round Pick (Protected)?
Phillyboy
Analyst
Posts: 3,356
And1: 7
Joined: Aug 04, 2002
Location: Philly

Re: Who would you trade? Not Ben or Jo 

Post#38 » by Phillyboy » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:12 pm

If we're not trading Ben or Jo (and I'm in the camp we should keep all options open) then I group our trade assets in two main categories. Veterans and youngins.

Veterans- Horford, Harris, Richardson. (and Scott on his last year as filler) My thoughts are there may be individual deals out there for each but I think if they go it's likely we'd see one or more go in a multi-player deal.

The general consensus is that Horford is too old and too expensive to trade for a good return. Not necessarily. There are a number of young teams, some just outside of a playoff seed, that would improve greatly with Horford's high BBIQ and on court skills. Sactown, Minn and the Pelicans (among others) come to mind. Other than Minn I think there are fair value trades with others. Harris is a solid NBA player, fringe all star in LA and DET (playing the 4 where he belongs) and would be a great 3rd star in the right system. Richardson is probably the veteran that would garner the most interest, a solid defender and versatile player on a team friendly contract, but I only let him go in a deal that brings us back a class A scoring wing. (Beal, Booker, etc)

Youngins- Korkmaz, Smith, Milton, (Maybe the OKC pick?) and Thybulle. Tradeable in that order and would probably need to be the other player(s) included in a multi-player blockbuster I mentioned above. Don't want to trade Milton and Thybulle for their upside particularly Thybulle who can become a premier defender, a rare and precious commodity.

IMO this team as constructed cannot contend for a title and it's also my opinion that no small or medium trade with the above assets are likely to really move the needle to make us a truly elite team. So if the return is high and restructures us to truly contend then I would entertain offers for Jo or Ben. Doesn't mean I'll pull the trigger but I would owe it to the team and the fans to at least listen.
"If you've got a business, you didn't build that."- Barack Obama
SixthStreet
Junior
Posts: 371
And1: 181
Joined: May 31, 2018
       

Re: Who would you trade? Not Ben or Jo 

Post#39 » by SixthStreet » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:35 am

I'm keeping Harris to play strictly the 4.

Moving Richardson because he will bring real talent in return. You could package Richardson, Thybulle and the OKC20 and get something substantial.

I'd probably hang onto Horford if he's viewed as a negative asset. I still think he's valuable in the playoffs, obviously not delivering contractual value but he's not a negative and dumping his contract isn't going to create breathing room under the tax line because I highly doubt we'll be able to trade him into pure cap with the reduced revenues leading to a smaller cap. I'd make him the full time backup C and supercharge Embiid's load management next regular season considering the schedule will probably see a lot more back to backs and fewer off days to make up for lost time. I'm talking playing Embiid 50% of games next year. I don't think that's realistic but I'd try to get to as close to half the games as possible for Embiid next season to preserve Embiid and find use for Horford.
VDT
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,459
And1: 890
Joined: Oct 13, 2018

Re: Who would you trade? Not Ben or Jo 

Post#40 » by VDT » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:59 pm

Horford is probably the one that should be moved. He is still a good player but the money he is getting is disproportionate to what he is asked to do. The tricky part is to trade him without making the team worse.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers