Post#441 » by Mik317 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:10 pm

Shaq couldn’t even be Shaq for too long. Slim down and improve the jumper
#NeverGonnaBeGood
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,694

Re: Championship hopes 

Post#442 » by rzzzzz » Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:48 pm

Mik317 wrote:Shaq couldn’t even be Shaq for too long. Slim down and improve the jumper

Shaq won his rings with Phil and then Pat. as much as a great guard, it takes a great coach to properly utilize even the best big men.
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,905

Post#443 » by kuclas » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:53 pm

rzzzzz wrote:
Mik317 wrote:Shaq couldn’t even be Shaq for too long. Slim down and improve the jumper

Shaq won his rings with Phil and then Pat. as much as a great guard, it takes a great coach to properly utilize even the best big men.

Shaq was a better passenger than embiid. Much better. He was dominant finishing around the rim. One hop. Dunk. Embiid doesn’t do it enough. He wants to euro step from 7 feet out. Stupid for a bit man to do that. Looks fancy but I prefer the one hop and dunk of shaq.

The real issue facing Dominant big men is banning of illegal defense and the rise of the wings with length and switching. The stuff bigs see today with wings with 7 foot wingspan hedging over towards the paint but at the same time have enough length to quickly recover to cover their man at the perimeter. Prime shaq didn’t have to deal with that. Harder to feed the post.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,038

Post#444 » by Bum Adebayo » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:42 pm

Shaq was way better than Embiid is or will ever be, yes a better coach would utilize Embiid better, but when I watch him play, I just think that his IQ is not that good, his passing is meh, etc. He is one of those players that puts up amazing stats in RS and against some teams in playoffs, but against very good defensive schemes and/or certain defenders, he just can't score properly. I'm not seeing progression in that department to think it can improve, maybe if someone like Olajuwon trains him, maybe with a better personal trainer, etc. But as is, dude shouldn't be asked to carry a team.
(Of course, now in game 2 he will score 40+ points and shut me up, looking forward to it TBH)
Great takes since 2024-04-20
elchengue20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,500

Post#445 » by elchengue20 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:19 am

Like i sayed before the bubble, this team is a mess. We need to fire Brett and the whole FO. Trade Tobias, Al and Ben and build around Embiid. Hell, even i would trade Embiid if i get blown by an offer, but i doubt it happens. The Process is dead.
PennSports
Junior
And1: 433

Post#446 » by PennSports » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:20 am

hope we get swept at this point

I hope everyone that makes decisions upstairs from the owners to the brain trust that runs this team to the coaching staff feel tremendous shame for this. Because if they don't nothing will change. I feel ashamed for being a fan right now, that is how bad this is it is ridiculous. THE ENTIRE front office needs to be flushed, this is it. This might be your last chance before Joel or Ben want out.

Joshua Harris, you let Silver and the NBA front office dupe you into speeding up the process and now you are a laughing stock about to be paying the 2nd highest tax in the league for a first round embarrassment. You have kept the skeleton crew of that coupe around and they are still running things. Their only defensible move post Colangelo is the Butler trade... but even then your indecisive brain trust front office made him GTFO of town. He said it himself, they openly questioned his fit, age, and motivation. OPENLY. Flush them all. Flush the entire coaching staff, flush the trainers, the hot dog vendor, the medical staff. I need some fire and brimstone type stuff or at least a conference where he is apologetic for this garbage. Its years overdone it is why we never got a real GM and have Elton as the front man that probably does nothing. Its been 4 years post Hinkie how do you f it all up so fast like this?

They will try to pin this on Brett and Ben not being available. Ben wouldnt have mattered this is not a team, they do not adjust, they cant shoot, they cant dribble, they cant pass. The Celtics are running circles around them and everyone can see it. It all starts at the top
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,592

Post#447 » by 76ciology » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:15 am

Embiid.

I think the best way is for him to play like Vuc. With a PG setting him up. I think we saw that in G2, with JRich. He can get into good scoring positions with minimal TOs this way.

We also need a perimeter scorer just as good as Biid, so we can counter the zone defense and allow Biid to take some time off because we all know he has poor endurance and durability.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Lou_23
Bench Warmer
And1: 726

Post#448 » by Lou_23 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:20 am

You brought up Brett Brown. The 76ers are in the playoffs. When you hear people talk about whether Ben Simmons and Joel Embiid can coexist together, what do you think of that? People wonder if they have to trade one of those guys to balance out the team? What do you think?

Lloyd Pierce: I think it’s blasphemy. I think in this league, the challenge is, can you win? Are you a winner? If you’re that guy, it doesn’t matter who you play with. Winners get extra rebounds, run the floor, attack, defend, compete. To think you have a top-10 and a top-15 talent and you have two of them, and they can’t co-exist? I think they both impact winning. I’m not getting rid of one to go find another because you might not find another. It’s hard to find top-15 talent that impacts winning and is competitive. Both of those guys, I think, have shown that. They were a basket away from going to the Conference Finals last year. Chemistry is real. You have to have team chemistry. You have to develop it. You have to continue to work at it. Impacting winning and competing is real as well. I think both of those guys have that. I’m more concerned with how do you make it work, not let’s get rid of it and try another route. I don’t really agree with that approach for any team.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
cool93
Analyst
And1: 1,992

Post#449 » by cool93 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:27 am

Lol

Sent from my G3416 using RealGM mobile app
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,694

Post#450 » by rzzzzz » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:04 pm

kuclas wrote: Embiid doesn’t do it enough.

yes, he needs a better coach. just like Ben needs a better coach. just like our offensive/defensive schemes and in-game adjustments need a better coach.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,205

Post#451 » by ProcessDoctor » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:07 pm

Joshua Harris can fix this.

1) Get rid of Colangelo holdovers

2) Fire EB —> hire Sachin Gupta

3) Fire Brett —> hire Jay Wright
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Payne/Downtin
Maxey/Melton/Hield
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
eagereyez
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,462

Post#452 » by eagereyez » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:17 am

ProcessDoctor wrote:Joshua Harris can fix this.

1) Get rid of Colangelo holdovers

2) Fire EB —> hire Sachin Gupta

3) Fire Brett —> hire Jay Wright

The problem is that Harris and the other owners insist on being involved in basketball decisions. That is why the candidates they interviewed for the GM position turned them down and they settled on Elton Brand. They wanted a puppet instead of a GM. They need to fundamentally change how they approach the Sixers before they fire Brand and go on another GM search, otherwise the same mistakes will just be repeated.
elchengue20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,500

Post#453 » by elchengue20 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:04 pm

It's crazy Toronto doesn't have nobody nearly as talented as Embiid, yet they have a much better team than we do. Also they lost Khawi, so us loosing Simmons seems like nothing compared to that.The importance of having somebody at the top and coaching who actually knows what they are doing.
D.Brasco
General Manager
And1: 9,370

Post#454 » by D.Brasco » Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:56 pm

elchengue20 wrote:It's crazy Toronto doesn't have nobody nearly as talented as Embiid, yet they have a much better team than we do. Also they lost Khawi, so us loosing Simmons seems like nothing compared to that.The importance of having somebody at the top and coaching who actually knows what they are doing.

Every successful team is almost always top down unless they have a true mega-star player. The Masai-Nick Nurse impact they have is very real.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,153

Post#455 » by Arsenal » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:02 pm

PennSports wrote:hope we get swept at this point

I hope everyone that makes decisions upstairs from the owners to the brain trust that runs this team to the coaching staff feel tremendous shame for this. Because if they don't nothing will change. I feel ashamed for being a fan right now, that is how bad this is it is ridiculous. THE ENTIRE front office needs to be flushed, this is it. This might be your last chance before Joel or Ben want out.

Joshua Harris, you let Silver and the NBA front office dupe you into speeding up the process and now you are a laughing stock about to be paying the 2nd highest tax in the league for a first round embarrassment. You have kept the skeleton crew of that coupe around and they are still running things. Their only defensible move post Colangelo is the Butler trade... but even then your indecisive brain trust front office made him GTFO of town. He said it himself, they openly questioned his fit, age, and motivation. OPENLY. Flush them all. Flush the entire coaching staff, flush the trainers, the hot dog vendor, the medical staff. I need some fire and brimstone type stuff or at least a conference where he is apologetic for this garbage. Its years overdone it is why we never got a real GM and have Elton as the front man that probably does nothing. Its been 4 years post Hinkie how do you f it all up so fast like this?

They will try to pin this on Brett and Ben not being available. Ben wouldnt have mattered this is not a team, they do not adjust, they cant shoot, they cant dribble, they cant pass. The Celtics are running circles around them and everyone can see it. It all starts at the top

Agree one million percent.

FLUSH ALL THESE TURDS
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,153

Post#456 » by Arsenal » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:04 pm

elchengue20 wrote:It's crazy Toronto doesn't have nobody nearly as talented as Embiid, yet they have a much better team than we do. Also they lost Khawi, so us loosing Simmons seems like nothing compared to that.The importance of having somebody at the top and coaching who actually knows what they are doing.

Comparing the Toronto front office and coaching staff to the Sixers front office and coaching staff is like comparing ice cream to horse manure.

Comparing the Boston front office and coaching staff to the Sixers front office and coaching staff is like comparing ice cream to horse manure.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers