ImageImageImage

Ryan Broekhoff ● Welcome To Philadelphia 76ers!

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,757

Re: Ryan Broekhoff ● Welcome To Philadelphia 76ers! 

Post#41 » by phillynative » Thu Dec 3, 2020 4:34 pm

Kobblehead wrote:Broekhoff has an interesting skillset. At first glance, he seems like the typical c&S wing. But then you dig into the numbers and realize he rebounds like a PF and blocks a lot of shots. So even if he can't guard anyone, he'll be contesting shots and getting a lot of help blocks. Also, crashing and cleaning the boards on the defensive end.

So in that respect, he offers more than the majority of our shooters. I wouldn't mind if he somehow stuck on the roster this year to see what he can bring.

Over who?
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,109

Post#42 » by Kobblehead » Thu Dec 3, 2020 4:39 pm

We would have to make a consolidation trade to clean out some of the noise before I answer that question. We have a lot of junk on the roster right now. All I know is that Brokhoff brings more tools to the table than the vast majority of the shooters on this roster.
Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,778

Post#43 » by Skates » Thu Dec 3, 2020 5:06 pm

phillynative wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:Broekhoff has an interesting skillset. At first glance, he seems like the typical c&S wing. But then you dig into the numbers and realize he rebounds like a PF and blocks a lot of shots. So even if he can't guard anyone, he'll be contesting shots and getting a lot of help blocks. Also, crashing and cleaning the boards on the defensive end.

So in that respect, he offers more than the majority of our shooters. I wouldn't mind if he somehow stuck on the roster this year to see what he can bring.

Over who?

If Ferguson's salary wasn't useful in a future trade, I could see him getting cut if he doesn't look like he is going to produce. He is pretty much the weak spot amongst our guaranteed deals, not a rookie we are developing and not a guy with a lot of recent success. Unless Ryan is really good at best friending Embiid, he won't beat out JA, and like Ferguson, Scott is a useful contract to trade at some point.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#44 » by LloydFree » Thu Dec 3, 2020 5:30 pm

Skates wrote:
phillynative wrote:

Over who?

If Ferguson's salary wasn't useful in a future trade, I could see him getting cut if he doesn't look like he is going to produce. He is pretty much the weak spot amongst our guaranteed deals, not a rookie we are developing and not a guy with a lot of recent success. Unless Ryan is really good at best friending Embiid, he won't beat out JA, and like Ferguson, Scott is a useful contract to trade at some point.

Ryan Broekhoff is the least likely of the 20 training camp bodies to be in the organization on opening night. But if he makes the team it would have to be because either Justin Anderson got injured, or he thoroughly outplayed Furkan Korkmaz and forced them to choose him. They can move Korkmaz for a small asset. They're not going to cut Ferguson and eat that tax hit, and I doubt they're going to give away a pick this early in the season to get off his contract.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#45 » by Kobblehead » Thu Dec 3, 2020 5:37 pm

Maybe the prolonged interest in Broekhoff gives him a shot. He's a guy Brand has liked for half a year, at this point, as opposed to someone we just brought to the organization in the last month or so.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#46 » by Kobblehead » Thu Dec 3, 2020 6:19 pm

Skates wrote:If Ferguson's salary wasn't useful in a future trade, I could see him getting cut if he doesn't look like he is going to produce. He is pretty much the weak spot amongst our guaranteed deals, not a rookie we are developing and not a guy with a lot of recent success. Unless Ryan is really good at best friending Embiid, he won't beat out JA, and like Ferguson, Scott is a useful contract to trade at some point.

Ferguson and Bradley are absolute money pits at $3.9m and $3.5m respectively. They offer nothing whatsoever on the court.
Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,778

Post#47 » by Skates » Thu Dec 3, 2020 7:43 pm

I totally forgot about Bradley, which says pretty much all I know about the guy.
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,965

Post#48 » by ankle420breaker » Fri Dec 4, 2020 3:20 am

We gave Joel a buddy. Its only fair Ben gets to keep his homeboy around.

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,578

Post#49 » by 76ciology » Fri Dec 4, 2020 6:39 am

ankle420breaker wrote:We gave Joel a buddy. Its only fair Ben gets to keep his homeboy around.

LOL

Just the other day I was thinking about who is the equivalent of Simba for Ben. And you beat me to it.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,965

Post#50 » by ankle420breaker » Tue Dec 8, 2020 2:48 am

Expecting Rowdy Ryan to make the roster. Lethal shooting stroke with quick release and moves well off the ball. Plays smart and rebounds surprisingly well.

Underrated fringe rotation guy who compliments our core guys and could see some time due to injuries/Covid.

mithrandir17
Veteran
And1: 1,609

Post#51 » by mithrandir17 » Tue Dec 8, 2020 3:01 am

They should have just expanded the roster size to 20 to have immediate backups for possible multiple covid positive tests. The roster size can be 20 but teams can only play 12 players each game.
TheBallsDeeper
Starter
And1: 2,114

Post#52 » by TheBallsDeeper » Tue Dec 8, 2020 3:44 am

ankle420breaker wrote:We gave Joel a buddy. Its only fair Ben gets to keep his homeboy around.

I doubt Broekhoff is "his homeboy". It's pretty well known that Simmons does not click with the rest of the Aussie team, except Dante Exum. Simmons has a much different attitude to most Australians. He is nicknamed "The Yank" and considered an American by most of the Australian players.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#53 » by 76ciology » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:39 pm

How is this guy playable?

He has the physique of Korkmaz and is just 6’5”75
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#54 » by Kobblehead » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:48 pm

76ciology wrote:How is this guy playable?

Why you say that?

Broekhoff is huge. He's like 215 pounds. Also, he's a beast on the defensive glass. Very physical player.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#55 » by 76ciology » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:54 pm

Kobblehead wrote:
76ciology wrote:How is this guy playable?

Why you say that?

Broekhoff is huge. He's like 215 pounds. Also, he's a beast on the defensive glass. Very physical player.

My bad. Just relying on google images
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#56 » by Kobblehead » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:59 pm

In all seriousness, not even sure Korkmaz can do this with a Fisher Price rubber ball.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#57 » by 76ciology » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:04 pm

Kobblehead wrote:Image

In all seriousness, not even sure Korkmaz can do this with a Fisher Price rubber ball.

Pretty sure if i saw that I’d say he’s stronger than dwight howard.

Btw, those are two not inflated balls :lol:
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,757

Post#58 » by phillynative » Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:22 pm

Yea I was gonna say he has a grown man physique. While korkmaz is still built like a preteen. Im guessing Ryan is an undersized forward who cant defend like mike scott.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers