Phila Tough
Head Coach
And1: 2,859

Re: July 26 at noon: Sixers vs. Thunder Scrimmage #2 

Post#101 » by Phila Tough » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:16 pm

HotelVitale wrote:
Sixersftw wrote:
Mik317 wrote:has Josh done anything of value
He has to be gone in the offseason right? Gotta strike while that contract is cheap. Might attach him to Al or something.

That’s losing 2 of our top 6 guys with us still not having cap space. You really like the idea of playing out next year with Matisse and Korkmaz needing to play 48 minutes+ every single night, and Scott plus some random cheap FA being our backup PF and C?

Al’s contract is rough but dumping it with assets doesn’t get us anything, strictly be a move to save the owners from lux tax. If that has to happen I get it, but I’m not going to beat the drum for it.

Also, Josh has won a few games for us where he carried us offensively. All he needs to do is to shake the injuries and be consistent. He turns 27 in a few months and should be entering his prime. I rather hold.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#102 » by LloydFree » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:18 pm

Phila Tough wrote:
LloydFree wrote:I'm dumbfounded by how bad Kyle O'Quinn has become. Two years ago on the Knicks, he was a good backup. He's unplayable now. He may not get a job in the league next year.

Players come to Philly to forget how to play. Happens too often.

He didn't forget how to play. He just can't move anymore. His athleticism just fell off a cliff. My man is only 30 years old, but he moves like he's 42. I don't know how it's possible to lose that much athleticism from age 28 to 30.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,468

Post#103 » by youngcrev » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:48 am

Phila Tough wrote:
HotelVitale wrote:
Sixersftw wrote: He has to be gone in the offseason right? Gotta strike while that contract is cheap. Might attach him to Al or something.

That’s losing 2 of our top 6 guys with us still not having cap space. You really like the idea of playing out next year with Matisse and Korkmaz needing to play 48 minutes+ every single night, and Scott plus some random cheap FA being our backup PF and C?

Al’s contract is rough but dumping it with assets doesn’t get us anything, strictly be a move to save the owners from lux tax. If that has to happen I get it, but I’m not going to beat the drum for it.

Also, Josh has won a few games for us where he carried us offensively. All he needs to do is to shake the injuries and be consistent. He turns 27 in a few months and should be entering his prime. I rather hold.

I'm kinda surprised to see people writing Josh off. It would certainly help if he was shooting better, but I think he's a pretty optimal 5th option starter, and a pretty key cog on the team defensively. I certainly don't trust Shake to take on a tough defensive assignment, and while I love Matisse, he's just not there offensively yet.

I'm hopeful that this lineup change will have everyone playing better now that they're in roles that better suit their skillset and the floor is better spaced.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#104 » by Sixerscan » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:45 am

youngcrev wrote:
Phila Tough wrote:
HotelVitale wrote:That’s losing 2 of our top 6 guys with us still not having cap space. You really like the idea of playing out next year with Matisse and Korkmaz needing to play 48 minutes+ every single night, and Scott plus some random cheap FA being our backup PF and C?

I'm kinda surprised to see people writing Josh off. It would certainly help if he was shooting better, but I think he's a pretty optimal 5th option starter, and a pretty key cog on the team defensively. I certainly don't trust Shake to take on a tough defensive assignment, and while I love Matisse, he's just not there offensively yet.

I'm hopeful that this lineup change will have everyone playing better now that they're in roles that better suit their skillset and the floor is better spaced.

He's had such an uneven year with the hamstring stuff. If he (and the Sixers) can put together a healthy run I think you'll see a much more effective player.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#105 » by Sixerscan » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:04 am

Speaking of JRich it seems like they're decoupling him from Embiid and leaving him in with the Ben/Al lineup. They're just bringing Al and Furk and not Thybulle like had been speculated

There's limited lineup data that supports that:

Ben/Jrich/Furk/Harris/Horford: 162 possessions +14.2 net rating (80%)
Ben/Furk/Thybulle/Harris/Horford: 310 possessions +0.4 (44%)
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,516

Post#106 » by 76ciology » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:32 am

Problem with Jrich is he keeps settling for jumpers than attacking the rim.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,468

Post#107 » by youngcrev » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:08 pm

Sixerscan wrote:Speaking of JRich it seems like they're decoupling him from Embiid and leaving him in with the Ben/Al lineup. They're just bringing Al and Furk and not Thybulle like had been speculated

There's limited lineup data that supports that:

Ben/Jrich/Furk/Harris/Horford: 162 possessions +14.2 net rating (80%)
Ben/Furk/Thybulle/Harris/Horford: 310 possessions +0.4 (44%)

Makes sense to have him out there as a secondary ball handler if they aren't going to use Burks in those lineups. Though I'm not sure I like Shake being the only ball handler on the floor during the Embiid split. I didn't think he looked all that comfortable bringing the ball up against pressure

Return to Philadelphia 76ers