ImageImageImage

July 28 8:30PM Sixers vs. Mavericks Scrimmage #3

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

User avatar
76ciology
RealGM
Posts: 42,563
And1: 13,347
Joined: Jun 06, 2002
Contact:

Re: July 28 8:30PM Sixers vs. Mavericks Scrimmage #3 

Post#101 » by 76ciology » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:54 pm

Hussien Fatal wrote:On a serious note we might have to cut ties with Joel, dude never plays and has zero pain tolerance. Be wise to trade him now while he is in his prime.


Hmm...

If I’m playing 2K, I’d trade both Biid and Ben. Because I know I can get enough value.

But because this is real life, I’d take my chances on both guys.

IMO, We have the most talented roster in the league for 2nd straight year. If we fail, atleast I know we tried.
“Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there is absolutely no point.”
User avatar
76ciology
RealGM
Posts: 42,563
And1: 13,347
Joined: Jun 06, 2002
Contact:

Re: July 28 8:30PM Sixers vs. Mavericks Scrimmage #3 

Post#102 » by 76ciology » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:59 pm

- Thybulle can only defend point guards
- Carlisle (the smartest among active coaches IMO) was smart to put Doncic on Ben
- Why dont we have our usual homecourt announcer in our home games?
- Ben was just off this game. I don’t think he’s focused.
- Pelle has been playing with a big (With o’quinn this game)
“Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there is absolutely no point.”
youngcrev
RealGM
Posts: 21,589
And1: 4,034
Joined: Jun 12, 2005
Location: Philadelphia(ish)
   

Re: July 28 8:30PM Sixers vs. Mavericks Scrimmage #3 

Post#103 » by youngcrev » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:04 pm

76ciology wrote:- Thybulle can only defend point guards
- Carlisle (the smartest among active coaches IMO) was smart to put Doncic on Ben
- Why dont we have our usual homecourt announcer in our home games?
- Ben was just off this game. I don’t think he’s focused.
- Pelle has been playing with a big (With o’quinn this game)


Thybulle needs to get a stronger, but that's a major overstatement.

I had Zumoff/Alaa.

Wouldn't read anything into Pelle playing with another big. We just happen to have multiple end of the bench bigs to close out meaningless games.
6ers83
Ballboy
Posts: 27
And1: 7
Joined: Jul 14, 2020
 

Re: July 28 8:30PM Sixers vs. Mavericks Scrimmage #3 

Post#104 » by 6ers83 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:30 pm

Only 1-2 in these pick up games but if they were real we’d be 3-0 I think. I like what I’m seeing.
6ers83
Ballboy
Posts: 27
And1: 7
Joined: Jul 14, 2020
 

Re: July 28 8:30PM Sixers vs. Mavericks Scrimmage #3 

Post#105 » by 6ers83 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:32 pm

Negrodamus wrote:Embiid isn't playing because this game means nothing. I don't think his injury is of consequence.


This
Hussien Fatal
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,403
And1: 332
Joined: Jul 07, 2006
Location: N-E-W Jers where plenty murders occur

Re: July 28 8:30PM Sixers vs. Mavericks Scrimmage #3 

Post#106 » by Hussien Fatal » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:23 am

76ciology wrote:
Hussien Fatal wrote:On a serious note we might have to cut ties with Joel, dude never plays and has zero pain tolerance. Be wise to trade him now while he is in his prime.


Hmm...

If I’m playing 2K, I’d trade both Biid and Ben. Because I know I can get enough value.

But because this is real life, I’d take my chances on both guys.

IMO, We have the most talented roster in the league for 2nd straight year. If we fail, atleast I know we tried.


I would trade him in a package for Beal and Thomas Bryant. I really think Beal would work great with Ben and I know his health isn’t amazing either he is still way more durable.
They call me Hussien Fatal its a two game table im robbin you **** cradle wit a knife in your navel....
User avatar
76ciology
RealGM
Posts: 42,563
And1: 13,347
Joined: Jun 06, 2002
Contact:

Re: July 28 8:30PM Sixers vs. Mavericks Scrimmage #3 

Post#107 » by 76ciology » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:44 am

Hussien Fatal wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Hussien Fatal wrote:On a serious note we might have to cut ties with Joel, dude never plays and has zero pain tolerance. Be wise to trade him now while he is in his prime.


Hmm...

If I’m playing 2K, I’d trade both Biid and Ben. Because I know I can get enough value.

But because this is real life, I’d take my chances on both guys.

IMO, We have the most talented roster in the league for 2nd straight year. If we fail, atleast I know we tried.


I would trade him in a package for Beal and Thomas Bryant. I really think Beal would work great with Ben and I know his health isn’t amazing either he is still way more durable.


Beal with Ben still wont make you a contender. You actually have a better chance with Beal and Embiid, whereas you then have two legit scorers.

Think of what the Lakers are now with a class AAA supporting cast.
“Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there is absolutely no point.”
User avatar
76ciology
RealGM
Posts: 42,563
And1: 13,347
Joined: Jun 06, 2002
Contact:

Re: July 28 8:30PM Sixers vs. Mavericks Scrimmage #3 

Post#108 » by 76ciology » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:45 am

youngcrev wrote:
76ciology wrote:- Thybulle can only defend point guards
- Carlisle (the smartest among active coaches IMO) was smart to put Doncic on Ben
- Why dont we have our usual homecourt announcer in our home games?
- Ben was just off this game. I don’t think he’s focused.
- Pelle has been playing with a big (With o’quinn this game)


Thybulle needs to get a stronger, but that's a major overstatement.

I had Zumoff/Alaa.

Wouldn't read anything into Pelle playing with another big. We just happen to have multiple end of the bench bigs to close out meaningless games.


I think Thybulle is most effective defending PGs.

He may defend some wings but he is most effective defending PGs specially those who likes to hurt us with the 1-5 PnRs like Kemba.
“Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there is absolutely no point.”
User avatar
Mik317
RealGM
Posts: 29,016
And1: 9,390
Joined: May 31, 2005
Location: In your head....you have issues breh
       

Re: July 28 8:30PM Sixers vs. Mavericks Scrimmage #3 

Post#109 » by Mik317 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:56 pm

Luka is also really **** good lol
#NeverGonnaBeGood
youngcrev
RealGM
Posts: 21,589
And1: 4,034
Joined: Jun 12, 2005
Location: Philadelphia(ish)
   

Re: July 28 8:30PM Sixers vs. Mavericks Scrimmage #3 

Post#110 » by youngcrev » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:28 pm

76ciology wrote:
youngcrev wrote:
76ciology wrote:- Thybulle can only defend point guards
- Carlisle (the smartest among active coaches IMO) was smart to put Doncic on Ben
- Why dont we have our usual homecourt announcer in our home games?
- Ben was just off this game. I don’t think he’s focused.
- Pelle has been playing with a big (With o’quinn this game)


Thybulle needs to get a stronger, but that's a major overstatement.

I had Zumoff/Alaa.

Wouldn't read anything into Pelle playing with another big. We just happen to have multiple end of the bench bigs to close out meaningless games.


I think Thybulle is most effective defending PGs.

He may defend some wings but he is most effective defending PGs specially those who likes to hurt us with the 1-5 PnRs like Kemba.


Maybe. I actually wonder if they'd be better off putting him on a lesser offensive player and letting him wreak havoc as an off ball, help defender. Well, maybe not better off because I'm not sure who you would put at the point of attack, but if that's his optimal use.
User avatar
76ciology
RealGM
Posts: 42,563
And1: 13,347
Joined: Jun 06, 2002
Contact:

Re: July 28 8:30PM Sixers vs. Mavericks Scrimmage #3 

Post#111 » by 76ciology » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:01 pm

youngcrev wrote:
76ciology wrote:
youngcrev wrote:
Thybulle needs to get a stronger, but that's a major overstatement.

I had Zumoff/Alaa.

Wouldn't read anything into Pelle playing with another big. We just happen to have multiple end of the bench bigs to close out meaningless games.


I think Thybulle is most effective defending PGs.

He may defend some wings but he is most effective defending PGs specially those who likes to hurt us with the 1-5 PnRs like Kemba.


Maybe. I actually wonder if they'd be better off putting him on a lesser offensive player and letting him wreak havoc as an off ball, help defender. Well, maybe not better off because I'm not sure who you would put at the point of attack, but if that's his optimal use.


The thing I like with Thybulle is he has great basketball IQ. He adjusts depending on changing variables. Like if his man plays off ball then he plays more of a help defender. And quite frankly, Unlike Roco, i find Thybulle to be good as an on and off ball defender.

The problem is when he’s matched up with a bigger wing like Doncic he can get bullied down low. While at PG he has the quickness to stay in front, length to challenge or to make up and he has a lot of chances to make deflections.
“Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there is absolutely no point.”
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
Posts: 30,690
And1: 12,849
Joined: Jan 25, 2005

Re: July 28 8:30PM Sixers vs. Mavericks Scrimmage #3 

Post#112 » by Sixerscan » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:12 pm

Doncic averages like 29 a night Matisse can cover like 75% of starting wings fine. It's Ben's job to cover a guy like that in a real game anyway and he did a very good job on him in the first half.

We haven't really seen all 3 of Ben, Thybulle and JRich healthy at the same time since like December, if Matisse is in a lineup with them he probably gets to play off the ball more.
Kobblehead
RealGM
Posts: 30,623
And1: 12,744
Joined: Apr 15, 2010
 

Re: July 28 8:30PM Sixers vs. Mavericks Scrimmage #3 

Post#113 » by Kobblehead » Sat Aug 1, 2020 4:30 pm

I'm a big believer in guys defending their weight classes. I think Thybulle is perfectly adept at defending combo guards, but he needs to add more strength before he can defend jumbo wings like Doncic.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers