ImageImageImage

8/1 7PM - Sixers vs. Pacers

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Tony Franciosa
Sixth Man
And1: 950

Re: 8/1 7PM - Sixers vs. Pacers 

Post#401 » by Tony Franciosa » Sun Aug 2, 2020 9:28 pm

I don't know what the final turnover numbers were for us, but whatever it was was ridiculously high. Too high. This has been a consistent problem with Brown's coaching and it speaks to a lack of discipline. I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt early on because his teams were weak with talent, but sloppiness that results in that many turnovers is on Brett. It's never gotten better and it continues to cost us games. I'm ready to move on from BB after this bastardization of whatever the NBA is putting out there is over.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,122

Post#402 » by eyeatoma » Sun Aug 2, 2020 10:11 pm

VDT wrote:
Mik317 wrote:Bored. Bout to overreact to one game...but not really because as stated this game was the entire season in a nutshell. I am at a point in which I am so mad that I am calm...like I reached a level of zen and **** lol. This team is the most fascinating team in a while because I **** hate it but not the same hate as the pre process years but it is just mind boggling how in the year of 2020 that we continue to not be able to do basic as ****. Like we have been an ass 3pt shooting team my whole life lol. Iverson was the only shot creator we have had in that span and the same **** went on in not being able to find him a good running mate. This whole franchise is the definition of insanity yo. Lets **** go down the list I guess.

Joel: Was a beast. The points are great but the rebounds was my favorite point. stats probably don't back it up but those ORB is the best way to get easy buckets and I have been calling for that forever. Especially with these brick layers. Still regardless of its the scheme or not, him giving up easy looks is bad. Elephant in the room, even if you are right, you cannot be the best player and call people out for lapses of judgement...when you yourself is prone to that. You also cannot be saying you are going to slap the **** out of people. Not a good look and gives morons an out to call you out. Its time to grow up big fella.

Ben: Man got lit the **** up. Sometimes it be like that but also he was lazy a lot. But **** that. We all know the real issue. You gotta let that thang fly my guy. He had a chance and passed up on it. This cannot happen... I get it your teammates are often black holes but naw son, you gotta nut up and call for that ****. He didn't get in the way in the dunkers spot tho...so I will give him credit there but you can't be all world defense man and get lit up by TJ **** Warren.

Tobias: Man had the Iggy Tripple Double version of a 30 pt game. So empty lol. Still I will give credit to where its due...he was agressive. People rag on him for not passing but thats not really his role atm...still gotta look for more 3s.

Malik : You can't have a hissy fit when you are playing like hot ass. You also can't take one shot. Its not his fault total that he has to be a major part of the team but hey its put up or shut up time.

Al: Despite everything, don't think he played that poorly. He is hurt by the **** ass scheme more than anyone. He doesn't have the presence to intimidate on drives and pull up. He played better defense when Brett dropped that ****. still we paying him so much money to be the Embiid replacment and we still getting Greg Monroe. Think he hit his first corner 3 of the year tho lol.

Furk: If the shot isn't falling, he is useless. I still say the release is borked.

Mattise: Barely played. Got to hit that corner 3 consistantly.

Burkes: Must have brought up the dreaded PNR and is now paying the price.

Neto: Owner of the Brett worshipping Satan photo. I get putting him in tho. Shake was ass and Burks doesn't have a pass button. Team needed some stability. BUT after he got lit the **** up, he needed to sit.

Bretton B. Brown: Its time fellas. I love Brett. Don't think many coaches (even good ones) would be able to get the team to this point but the first domino to fall is the coach and he is the common denominator at this point. His rotations have been ass for 7 years. He lust for a specific type of PG has been killer. He wants his PG to simply get the team into the offense. Not score and not shoot. That simply does not work in the modern NBA. We talk about how post up bigs don't work...and they may not but that is not the issue right now. We have not had a PG who could consistently get their own looks forever. ISh **** Smith still remains the best PG we have had in that regard. And considering Brett's influence and how he constantly benches any guard with the even inclination to do so, shows it fall all on him. That alone IMO is Brett's biggest issue. Man comes from the Spurs tree and not realize that Tony Parker despite his ass shooting, looked for him. Manu looked for his. Like we have the hardest to find piece to be a modern day Spurs and yet refuse to even look towards the other pieces. It drives me nuts. Again I love Brett and love all he has done but it is **** past time to get a new voice in...however.

The Pile of Coat Front Office: Oh brother these guys stink. This fools invalidate all I say above. This offseason was a collasal disaster in which the only "good" moves was the drafting of Mattise and bring back Furkan...and even those came with stupid ass ****. I don't understand the thought process that the answer to all our problems was to make the spacing even worse, the defense even less switchable , the shot creation even more nonexistant....and also not even fixing the bench issues. I actually don't know why I am so **** mad because everything that has transpired makes total sense...but goddam. The sad part is that even if we flame out spectacularly , I have no faith in the ownership **** fixing a damn thing. Josh Harris is an ass clown. The other owners only want to hang out with famous people because they probably got stuffed in lockers (as an aside...the lockers in my HS were super tiny...how does one get stuffed in lockers...)in school. Its really bad. All of this validates the process so much tho. We have issues that should leave us as Knicks Tier but because we have Embiid and to a slightly lesser extent Ben...we will probably coast to second round losses for a while...which is probably good enough for the buttwipes atop. Like over the entire process we have made so many terrible moves and yet still have the smell of a could be contender...its really nuts. I imagine that stops soon tho as we are totally going to trade Embiid soon and surround Ben with more non shooters and wonder why things are bad. Or vice versa. And that is probably the biggest point of anger for me. In the past I could wish for losses because change would happen...I have no faith in this ownership group making the right choice.

Sixers Basketball is bak yo.

see yall tommorow when we probably destroy the Spurs and I get my stupid ass hopes up again. Or not and I still be super mad despite knowing how this goes.

What a time.

The purging needs to start from the front office and Brand. Anything else would be pointless. The problem is that no decent Gm (or coach really) would ever agree to come here without the green light for significant roster changes, including the "stars" of the team. The team is build to underperform and any Gm or coach with a future wouldnt want to bet it on this team. The assumption that we are full of talent and that only basic moves would immediately make us contenders creates a toxic environment for any GM/coach that may want to come here. And it will result in us getting a have been that cant find a job in the league (Colangelo) or a completely inept (Brand) GM/coach, i.e. the guys that have no other options.

Disagree that we need to trade the stars. I agree about being control of the roster, and if the time comes to trade Jo or Ben then so be it, but we're not there yet. We need actually good players around them that fit. I.E can get their own shot, run the pick and roll, and hit the open three. Do not need to be amazing defenders, just passable is enough. That is not difficult to find. I would be pretty ticked off if they move on from the two stars, when they have never properly built around them. I do agree that it needs to start from the front office, but even then they'll just get a yes man who won't actually be able to make changes. COlangelos guys will probably stick around as well.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,133

Post#403 » by Arsenal » Sun Aug 2, 2020 10:40 pm

Lou_23 wrote:Horford -26, Embiid +21

:lol:

Jesus we paid $109M for Greg Monroe level production.
VDT
Analyst
And1: 2,106

Post#404 » by VDT » Sun Aug 2, 2020 10:55 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
VDT wrote:
Mik317 wrote:Bored. Bout to overreact to one game...but not really because as stated this game was the entire season in a nutshell. I am at a point in which I am so mad that I am calm...like I reached a level of zen and **** lol. This team is the most fascinating team in a while because I **** hate it but not the same hate as the pre process years but it is just mind boggling how in the year of 2020 that we continue to not be able to do basic as ****. Like we have been an ass 3pt shooting team my whole life lol. Iverson was the only shot creator we have had in that span and the same **** went on in not being able to find him a good running mate. This whole franchise is the definition of insanity yo. Lets **** go down the list I guess.

Joel: Was a beast. The points are great but the rebounds was my favorite point. stats probably don't back it up but those ORB is the best way to get easy buckets and I have been calling for that forever. Especially with these brick layers. Still regardless of its the scheme or not, him giving up easy looks is bad. Elephant in the room, even if you are right, you cannot be the best player and call people out for lapses of judgement...when you yourself is prone to that. You also cannot be saying you are going to slap the **** out of people. Not a good look and gives morons an out to call you out. Its time to grow up big fella.

Ben: Man got lit the **** up. Sometimes it be like that but also he was lazy a lot. But **** that. We all know the real issue. You gotta let that thang fly my guy. He had a chance and passed up on it. This cannot happen... I get it your teammates are often black holes but naw son, you gotta nut up and call for that ****. He didn't get in the way in the dunkers spot tho...so I will give him credit there but you can't be all world defense man and get lit up by TJ **** Warren.

Tobias: Man had the Iggy Tripple Double version of a 30 pt game. So empty lol. Still I will give credit to where its due...he was agressive. People rag on him for not passing but thats not really his role atm...still gotta look for more 3s.

Malik : You can't have a hissy fit when you are playing like hot ass. You also can't take one shot. Its not his fault total that he has to be a major part of the team but hey its put up or shut up time.

Al: Despite everything, don't think he played that poorly. He is hurt by the **** ass scheme more than anyone. He doesn't have the presence to intimidate on drives and pull up. He played better defense when Brett dropped that ****. still we paying him so much money to be the Embiid replacment and we still getting Greg Monroe. Think he hit his first corner 3 of the year tho lol.

Furk: If the shot isn't falling, he is useless. I still say the release is borked.

Mattise: Barely played. Got to hit that corner 3 consistantly.

Burkes: Must have brought up the dreaded PNR and is now paying the price.

Neto: Owner of the Brett worshipping Satan photo. I get putting him in tho. Shake was ass and Burks doesn't have a pass button. Team needed some stability. BUT after he got lit the **** up, he needed to sit.

Bretton B. Brown: Its time fellas. I love Brett. Don't think many coaches (even good ones) would be able to get the team to this point but the first domino to fall is the coach and he is the common denominator at this point. His rotations have been ass for 7 years. He lust for a specific type of PG has been killer. He wants his PG to simply get the team into the offense. Not score and not shoot. That simply does not work in the modern NBA. We talk about how post up bigs don't work...and they may not but that is not the issue right now. We have not had a PG who could consistently get their own looks forever. ISh **** Smith still remains the best PG we have had in that regard. And considering Brett's influence and how he constantly benches any guard with the even inclination to do so, shows it fall all on him. That alone IMO is Brett's biggest issue. Man comes from the Spurs tree and not realize that Tony Parker despite his ass shooting, looked for him. Manu looked for his. Like we have the hardest to find piece to be a modern day Spurs and yet refuse to even look towards the other pieces. It drives me nuts. Again I love Brett and love all he has done but it is **** past time to get a new voice in...however.

The Pile of Coat Front Office: Oh brother these guys stink. This fools invalidate all I say above. This offseason was a collasal disaster in which the only "good" moves was the drafting of Mattise and bring back Furkan...and even those came with stupid ass ****. I don't understand the thought process that the answer to all our problems was to make the spacing even worse, the defense even less switchable , the shot creation even more nonexistant....and also not even fixing the bench issues. I actually don't know why I am so **** mad because everything that has transpired makes total sense...but goddam. The sad part is that even if we flame out spectacularly , I have no faith in the ownership **** fixing a damn thing. Josh Harris is an ass clown. The other owners only want to hang out with famous people because they probably got stuffed in lockers (as an aside...the lockers in my HS were super tiny...how does one get stuffed in lockers...)in school. Its really bad. All of this validates the process so much tho. We have issues that should leave us as Knicks Tier but because we have Embiid and to a slightly lesser extent Ben...we will probably coast to second round losses for a while...which is probably good enough for the buttwipes atop. Like over the entire process we have made so many terrible moves and yet still have the smell of a could be contender...its really nuts. I imagine that stops soon tho as we are totally going to trade Embiid soon and surround Ben with more non shooters and wonder why things are bad. Or vice versa. And that is probably the biggest point of anger for me. In the past I could wish for losses because change would happen...I have no faith in this ownership group making the right choice.

Sixers Basketball is bak yo.

see yall tommorow when we probably destroy the Spurs and I get my stupid ass hopes up again. Or not and I still be super mad despite knowing how this goes.

What a time.

The purging needs to start from the front office and Brand. Anything else would be pointless. The problem is that no decent Gm (or coach really) would ever agree to come here without the green light for significant roster changes, including the "stars" of the team. The team is build to underperform and any Gm or coach with a future wouldnt want to bet it on this team. The assumption that we are full of talent and that only basic moves would immediately make us contenders creates a toxic environment for any GM/coach that may want to come here. And it will result in us getting a have been that cant find a job in the league (Colangelo) or a completely inept (Brand) GM/coach, i.e. the guys that have no other options.

Disagree that we need to trade the stars. I agree about being control of the roster, and if the time comes to trade Jo or Ben then so be it, but we're not there yet. We need actually good players around them that fit. I.E can get their own shot, run the pick and roll, and hit the open three. Do not need to be amazing defenders, just passable is enough. That is not difficult to find. I would be pretty ticked off if they move on from the two stars, when they have never properly built around them. I do agree that it needs to start from the front office, but even then they'll just get a yes man who won't actually be able to make changes. COlangelos guys will probably stick around as well.

It is not necessary to trade Simmons or Embiid but any competent GM will need to have the freedom to do that. But dont kid yourself a perimeter player that can run pnr, create his shot and be a good shooter is a star , and the most valuable type of star in the league. Good luck getting that for Horford.

The problem and the key for this team is Simmons. He needs to provide things that a star provides. The reason that the team has all these flaws, despite the large contracts is that he is not able to do that, along with the terrible contracts given to Harris and Horford. Even if we got this imaginary star perimeter player, what is really Simmons role on the team? Be a rim runner? Get a couple basket in transition? He needs to become a more dangerous scorer to open up his passing game, otherwise what he offers is not worth a max contract.

The problem is that there hasnt been much progress yet and that sometimes it feven eels like he is sabotaging the team with his refusal to shoot and especially his overall passiveness when Embiid plays. It almost feels like some power play to get his own team either here or elsewhere.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#405 » by eyeatoma » Sun Aug 2, 2020 11:02 pm

VDT wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
VDT wrote:

It is not necessary to trade Simmons or Embiid but any competent GM will need to have the freedom to do that. But dont kid yourself a perimeter player that can run pnr, create his shot and be a good shooter is a star , and the most valuable type of star in the league. Good luck getting that for Horford.

The problem and the key for this team is Simmons. He needs to provide things that a star provides. The reason that the team has all these flaws, despite the large contracts is that he is not able to do that, along with the terrible contracts given to Harris and Horford. Even if we got this imaginary star perimeter player, what is really Simmons role on the team? Be a rim runner? Get a couple basket in transition? He needs to become a more dangerous scorer to open up his passing game, otherwise what he offers is not worth a max contract.

The problem is that there hasnt been much progress yet and that sometimes it feven eels like he is sabotaging the team with his refusal to shoot and especially his overall passiveness when Embiid plays. It almost feels like some power play to get his own team either here or elsewhere.

Yeah man, no disagreement there. All valid points. What a **** show. Should have run it back like people were saying, or gone after D'Lo or even Kemba. Guarantee you Simmons didn't want any of those players there either.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#406 » by eyeatoma » Sun Aug 2, 2020 11:17 pm

This guy is pretty loud, but he's funny and so right on tons of things. Not sure I agree about Furkan, but other than that, dead on the money.

Everyone realizes it, please for the love of god, be the last season Brett Brown is coaching the sixers.

eagereyez
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,462

Post#407 » by eagereyez » Mon Aug 3, 2020 1:41 am

76ciology wrote:
Read on Twitter

I think Biid was angry that Milton didn’t fight thru the screen
In all fairness a Jakarr Sampson/TJ McConnell pick and roll is nearly impossible to stop.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,798

Post#408 » by Negrodamus » Mon Aug 3, 2020 4:03 am

I don’t think there’s too much to glean from a game where TJ Warren hits 9 of 12 from three and drops 50+. There are obvious issues with this team, but I’m not writing them off after this game.
bball4life
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,263

Post#409 » by bball4life » Mon Aug 3, 2020 4:07 pm

eyeatoma wrote:This guy is pretty loud, but he's funny and so right on tons of things. Not sure I agree about Furkan, but other than that, dead on the money.

Everyone realizes it, please for the love of god, be the last season Brett Brown is coaching the sixers.

I agree with every single thing he said. I think 90% of this forum would agree with every thing he said. I think every point he made was made in the game thread by us. I particularly like when he talks about the fact that every player with talent loses it when they come play for the Sixers. Its so true. RIchardson, Horford, Tobias and so on. Can you imagine what a real coach would do with Simmons and Embiid? Can you imagine actually defending PnR to slow down elite wing players in this league? Also loved how he talks about having Shake in the game and not running a single PnR with him.

I'm resigned to an early exit this season. I actually dread getting to the ECF on talent alone because it will guarantee another year of no championship possibilities because of our useless coach.
SixthStreet
Sixth Man
And1: 1,539

Post#410 » by SixthStreet » Mon Aug 3, 2020 7:03 pm

I also think there's not a heck of a lot to takeaway or get in a twit about over this game, but I am starting to think what is the purpose of Richardson on this team? He doesn't offer anything on the offensive end of the court. We know by now he's limited as a ball handler, but he's not even shooting many threes. Defensively, he's fine but not a difference maker.

If he's giving you nothing on offense, I'd rather play Thybulle more.
VDT
Analyst
And1: 2,106

Post#411 » by VDT » Mon Aug 3, 2020 7:33 pm

Richardson can do some things offensively but is not particularly good at anything. He is also another player that needs the ball in his hands. The team just has a lot of players that need to have the ball and are mediocre with it, so the end result is mediocre.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,798

Post#412 » by Negrodamus » Mon Aug 3, 2020 8:50 pm

SixthStreet wrote:I also think there's not a heck of a lot to takeaway or get in a twit about over this game, but I am starting to think what is the purpose of Richardson on this team? He doesn't offer anything on the offensive end of the court. We know by now he's limited as a ball handler, but he's not even shooting many threes. Defensively, he's fine but not a difference maker.

If he's giving you nothing on offense, I'd rather play Thybulle more.

Thybulle has made him completely expendable this offseason. If we don't win it all, I could see us looping him in with Horford or Tobias as a sweetener.
bball4life
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,263

Post#413 » by bball4life » Mon Aug 3, 2020 9:39 pm

Negrodamus wrote:I don’t think there’s too much to glean from a game where TJ Warren hits 9 of 12 from three and drops 50+. There are obvious issues with this team, but I’m not writing them off after this game.

Agreed it was an extreme performance, but the way our team responds (or more accurately, chooses to ignore) players going ballistic is what's disturbing long term. If you're not afraid of Kemba or Butler or MIddleton or pretty much any wing player who can score going crazy against us when the games matter in a month....

Return to Philadelphia 76ers