ImageImageImage

Breaking: Brett Brown Fired

Moderators: BullyKing, HartfordWhalers, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

GoSixersBro
Lead Assistant
And1: 896

Re: Breaking: Brett Brown Fired 

Post#121 » by GoSixersBro » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:11 pm

eyeatoma wrote:Can someone tell me why everyone loves him so much. I get Villanova is a powerhouse college team with him leading it. But so what? Why does that mean it'll translate? Is it just cuz he's a local guy?

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Yes.
2020 Floppers
PG L. Ball | M. Brogdon | +J. Wall
SG D. Booker | Z. LaVine | J. Harris | J. Clarkson
SF G. Antetokounmpo | J. Hart | G. Harris | M. Thybulle
PF Z. Williamson | T. Prince | J. Green
C W. Carter Jr. | A. Horford | A. Baynes
M2J
Senior
And1: 231

Post#122 » by M2J » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:58 am

GoSixersBro wrote:
M2J wrote:Let's see how Brand reboots this roster, or if they run it back with a better coach and push for improvement rather than retooling.
There are 3 23 year olds in this team with a great amount of talent on this team, plus Joel and Tobias and Josh still have upside at their ages.

I'm not sold on Brand, but all of his moves made sense to me. Drafted Markelle when they needed shooting or a pg. Locked in Kork and Shake to be shooters, when they hadn't proven themselves. Shake is a legit starter level player, and really so is Thybulle.

On an early exit playoff team, sure.

Shake could start for the Lakers right now with his shooting ability. Maybe Matisse too. Their talents suggest they could fit in and add specialities next to real superstar talents. Probably both better than a Daniel Tice that was placed within a starting lineup for a contender. I maintain that the sixers biggest concerns has to be how well their superstars play. Even Joel, he played very well this series... against Daniel Tice. Didn't quite dominate
agiaco
Analyst
And1: 835

Post#123 » by agiaco » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:34 pm

M2J wrote:
GoSixersBro wrote:
M2J wrote:Let's see how Brand reboots this roster, or if they run it back with a better coach and push for improvement rather than retooling.
There are 3 23 year olds in this team with a great amount of talent on this team, plus Joel and Tobias and Josh still have upside at their ages.

I'm not sold on Brand, but all of his moves made sense to me. Drafted Markelle when they needed shooting or a pg. Locked in Kork and Shake to be shooters, when they hadn't proven themselves. Shake is a legit starter level player, and really so is Thybulle.

Shake could start for the Lakers right now with his shooting ability. Maybe Matisse too. Their talents suggest they could fit in and add specialities next to real superstar talents. Probably both better than a Daniel Tice that was placed within a starting lineup for a contender. I maintain that the sixers biggest concerns has to be how well their superstars play. Even Joel, he played very well this series... against Daniel Tice. Didn't quite dominate

I like both Shake and Matisse and see them as part of the future, but don't think either is ready to step into a starting role on a championship contending team for another couple of years.
M2J
Senior
And1: 231

Post#124 » by M2J » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:15 pm

agiaco wrote:
M2J wrote:
GoSixersBro wrote:

I like both Shake and Matisse and see them as part of the future, but don't think either is ready to step into a starting role on a championship contending team for another couple of years.

Whether it's next year, or a couple... Point was that they're quality young starters now, and likely championship level starters in their current contract and Elton Brand deserves credit for acquiring them and they're high quality trade assets. Better assets and comparable players on the level of Daniel Tice, KCP, McGee, similar to OG, Duncan Robinson, that play on other contenders right now.... But play around stars playing to their potential and well coached teams right now and aren't in their first years of experience.
freshie2
RealGM
And1: 497

Post#125 » by freshie2 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:45 pm

Jay Wright or Tony Bennett are my two. Not looking for the NBA re-tread. Lue isn't special and while I think the assistant would be good, I think you have to clean house of all prior coaches.
agiaco
Analyst
And1: 835

Post#126 » by agiaco » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:21 am

M2J wrote:
agiaco wrote:
M2J wrote:

Whether it's next year, or a couple... Point was that they're quality young starters now, and likely championship level starters in their current contract and Elton Brand deserves credit for acquiring them and they're high quality trade assets. Better assets and comparable players on the level of Daniel Tice, KCP, McGee, similar to OG, Duncan Robinson, that play on other contenders right now.... But play around stars playing to their potential and well coached teams right now and aren't in their first years of experience.

I definitely like what they do. Both versatile guys. Matisse will continue to improve his 3-pt shooting. If Shake can improve his decision making and defensive awareness he could be special.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers