ImageImageImage

Elton Speaks:Look into the Future; Death of the Colab?

Moderators: BullyKing, HartfordWhalers, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
Posts: 10,602
And1: 10,039
Joined: Jan 16, 2014

Re: Elton Speaks:Look into the Future; Death of the Colab? 

Post#61 » by BullyKing » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:12 pm

Negrodamus wrote:Oh, he's a point counter. Abort argument.


Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that is how Brand evaluates players as well.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
VDT
Starter
Posts: 2,169
And1: 1,275
Joined: Oct 13, 2018

Re: Elton Speaks:Look into the Future; Death of the Colab? 

Post#62 » by VDT » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:13 pm

PhillyPhilly wrote:
VDT wrote:
PhillyPhilly wrote:
You mean his tenure where he's had one offseason and one draft whilst surrounded by the last GM's people?

Butler trade
Matisse Pick
Fultz trade
Ennis trade
Burks pick-up

The Horford signing is a minus whilst the Harris trade can seen in many different ways. We gave away a bench player who can't defend and two picks that never amounted to anything....all for a guy who was a 26 year old mismatch who gets 20ppg and was shooting the three above 40%. And that trade helped to create a team many called the best starting five in the entire league. So all in all the guy hasn't done bad imo and can only get better with more experience.



You literally sound like you are Brand's wife/ relative with all this blind support for someone that is responsible for the situation the team is in. Even a paid employee would be more subtle in his support for Brand. In he end all his major moves were colossal failures, and his only excuse is that he didnt know what he was doing or tries to shift the blame to everyone else.


Yep...just like I thought. Put FACTS on the table and all the Brand detractors can do is to spout untruths and...
Image

SMH!!


What facts? You dont even make a coherent argument. One time you say that his moves are good, then you say that all GMs make mistakes and then you say it was not him that did the moves.

The only think you care about is defending Brand, but you dont try to do it in a logical, coherent manner like a paid employee would do. Instead, you sound rather emotionally invested in this topic, which means that you are either a huge fan of Brand (doubtful) or it might be a similar case to Mrs Bottini defending her husband and former GM on the internet. Which is why i said that you sound like Brand's wife/relative/close friend.
Negrodamus
RealGM
Posts: 14,168
And1: 5,628
Joined: Aug 05, 2004

Re: Elton Speaks:Look into the Future; Death of the Colab? 

Post#63 » by Negrodamus » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:15 pm

BullyKing wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:Oh, he's a point counter. Abort argument.


Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that is how Brand evaluates players as well.


Is Antoine Walker available? Played in Brand's era and was a 20ppg scorer (along with a complete sieve on defense and the anchor that prevented Pierce and Celtics from any legitimate success for the first 5 years of his career) during his time in Boston.

EDIT: Honestly, Brand's career wasn't really filled with success in his 20ppg days, either.
PhillyPhilly
Rookie
Posts: 1,190
And1: 446
Joined: Jul 01, 2018
       

Re: Elton Speaks:Look into the Future; Death of the Colab? 

Post#64 » by PhillyPhilly » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:19 pm

BullyKing wrote:
PhillyPhilly wrote:
BullyKing wrote:
Then for the third time - what has Brand gotten right in his tenure?


You mean his tenure where he's had one offseason and one draft whilst surrounded by the last GM's people?

Butler trade
Matisse Pick
Fultz trade
Ennis trade
Burks pick-up

The Horford signing is a minus whilst the Harris trade can seen in many different ways. We gave away a bench player who can't defend and two picks that never amounted to anything....all for a guy who was a 26 year old mismatch who gets 20ppg and was shooting the three above 40%. And that trade helped to create a team many called the best starting five in the entire league. So all in all the guy hasn't done bad imo and can only get better with more experience.


I wish you had the self-awareness to look at your own list and think about the implications. You give him credit for the Butler trade but that was in retrospect a colossal failure because having Covington still is more valuable than how it ended up with Butler. Matisse was fine but again serious concerns with the process of getting there. Then 40% of your list are minor trades involving second round picks and another 20% is one where everyone in the world, and I guarantee Elton as well, thought it only involves second round picks.

But you're right in the end. Getting a second round pick for Ennis totally makes up for all of the 1sts and hundreds of millions of dollars that he lit on fire.


SMH so you're telling me he should NOT have traded two guys who were exposed by the Celtics in the playoffs for Butler? :o And Josh Richardson is a much better player than Cov imo so there was no loss there at all. The bottom line is I don't agree with the Brand detractors!!..you guys can act like he's the main issue all you like!!..I'm not buying it at all. Ben and Brown imo were the main issues and one of the them is gone..we'll see what happens with the other one now.
PhillyPhilly
Rookie
Posts: 1,190
And1: 446
Joined: Jul 01, 2018
       

Re: Elton Speaks:Look into the Future; Death of the Colab? 

Post#65 » by PhillyPhilly » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:24 pm

VDT wrote:
PhillyPhilly wrote:
VDT wrote:

You literally sound like you are Brand's wife/ relative with all this blind support for someone that is responsible for the situation the team is in. Even a paid employee would be more subtle in his support for Brand. In he end all his major moves were colossal failures, and his only excuse is that he didnt know what he was doing or tries to shift the blame to everyone else.


Yep...just like I thought. Put FACTS on the table and all the Brand detractors can do is to spout untruths and...
Image

SMH!!


What facts? You dont even make a coherent argument. One time you say that his moves are good, then you say that all GMs make mistakes and then you say it was not him that did the moves.

The only think you care about is defending Brand, but you dont try to do it in a logical, coherent manner like a paid employee would do. Instead, you sound rather emotionally invested in this topic, which means that you are either a huge fan of Brand (doubtful) or it might be a similar case to Mrs Bottini defending her husband and former GM on the internet. Which is why i said that you sound like Brand's wife/relative/close friend.


Er I've openly said the Horford signing was a mistake...so please keep up. And no I haven't said it wasn't him that made the moves...I said he was surrounded by Bryan's guys and they openly said moves were done with an "collaborative effort"!!..therefore questions remain as to whether Elton has had full control up until now. As for your silly personal attacks!!..that's merely proof that you really don't have anything conducive to say...just hot air tbh.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
Posts: 10,602
And1: 10,039
Joined: Jan 16, 2014

Re: Elton Speaks:Look into the Future; Death of the Colab? 

Post#66 » by BullyKing » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:25 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
BullyKing wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:Oh, he's a point counter. Abort argument.


Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that is how Brand evaluates players as well.


Is Antoine Walker available? Played in Brand's era and was a 20ppg scorer (along with a complete sieve on defense and the anchor that prevented Pierce and Celtics from any legitimate success for the first 5 years of his career) during his time in Boston.

EDIT: Honestly, Brand's career wasn't really filled with success in his 20ppg days, either.


Have faith, Elton is soon going to unveil his master plan of dumping Embiid and Simmons for cap space and then maxing out Zach Randolph.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
Negrodamus
RealGM
Posts: 14,168
And1: 5,628
Joined: Aug 05, 2004

Re: Elton Speaks:Look into the Future; Death of the Colab? 

Post#67 » by Negrodamus » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:32 pm

PhillyPhilly wrote:
I said he was surrounded by Bryan's guys and they openly said moves were done with an "collaborative effort"!!..therefore questions remain as to whether Elton has had full control up until now.


So then it's entirely possible that every "good" move you listed by Brand was not done by Brand, but rather the collaborative effort.
NYSixersFan
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,990
And1: 647
Joined: May 21, 2014
       

Re: Elton Speaks:Look into the Future; Death of the Colab? 

Post#68 » by NYSixersFan » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:37 pm

PhillyPhilly wrote:
NYSixersFan wrote:Brand said Tobias had a great regular season...what was he watching?


Yep...20 ppg is clearly a "bad year".


Are you suggesting Tobias was great or even very good? He was inconsistent at best.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
Posts: 10,602
And1: 10,039
Joined: Jan 16, 2014

Re: Elton Speaks:Look into the Future; Death of the Colab? 

Post#69 » by BullyKing » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:37 pm

NYSixersFan wrote:
PhillyPhilly wrote:
NYSixersFan wrote:Brand said Tobias had a great regular season...what was he watching?


Yep...20 ppg is clearly a "bad year".


Are you suggesting Tobias was great or even very good? He was inconsistent at best.


It only took us six years but I think we finally agree on something.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
PhillyPhilly
Rookie
Posts: 1,190
And1: 446
Joined: Jul 01, 2018
       

Re: Elton Speaks:Look into the Future; Death of the Colab? 

Post#70 » by PhillyPhilly » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:45 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
PhillyPhilly wrote:
I said he was surrounded by Bryan's guys and they openly said moves were done with an "collaborative effort"!!..therefore questions remain as to whether Elton has had full control up until now.


So then it's entirely possible that every "good" move you listed by Brand was not done by Brand, but rather the collaborative effort.


And it's also possible he wasn't the main deciding factor behind signing Al...now he seems to have more power we'll see what he does next.
Negrodamus
RealGM
Posts: 14,168
And1: 5,628
Joined: Aug 05, 2004

Re: Elton Speaks:Look into the Future; Death of the Colab? 

Post#71 » by Negrodamus » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:48 pm

PhillyPhilly wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
PhillyPhilly wrote:
I said he was surrounded by Bryan's guys and they openly said moves were done with an "collaborative effort"!!..therefore questions remain as to whether Elton has had full control up until now.


So then it's entirely possible that every "good" move you listed by Brand was not done by Brand, but rather the collaborative effort.


And it's also possible he wasn't the main deciding factor behind signing Al...now he seems to have more power we'll see what he does next.


Which begs the question, why should we trust this man who has only been the GM of a G-League team if he could theoretically have zero record? To follow that up, why do you full-throatedly, unequivocally have confidence in this guy as a GM? And finally, if you like the moves, why aren't you advocating for a continuation of "the collaboration", a situation in which Brand said has "failed" despite being part of it?
PhillyPhilly
Rookie
Posts: 1,190
And1: 446
Joined: Jul 01, 2018
       

Re: Elton Speaks:Look into the Future; Death of the Colab? 

Post#72 » by PhillyPhilly » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:55 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
PhillyPhilly wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
So then it's entirely possible that every "good" move you listed by Brand was not done by Brand, but rather the collaborative effort.


And it's also possible he wasn't the main deciding factor behind signing Al...now he seems to have more power we'll see what he does next.


Which begs the question, why should we trust this man who has only been the GM of a G-League team if he could theoretically have zero record? To follow that up, why do you full-throatedly, unequivocally have confidence in this guy as a GM? And finally, if you like the moves, why aren't you advocating for a continuation of "the collaboration", a situation in which Brand said has "failed" despite being part of it?


I already said i didn't like ALL the moves such as Horford..so there is obvious room for growth and to learn from it. The bottom line is Brand is our gm and will remain the gm moving forward...so folks can cry about it as much as they want but it's not gonna change reality.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
Posts: 10,602
And1: 10,039
Joined: Jan 16, 2014

Re: Elton Speaks:Look into the Future; Death of the Colab? 

Post#73 » by BullyKing » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:58 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
PhillyPhilly wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
So then it's entirely possible that every "good" move you listed by Brand was not done by Brand, but rather the collaborative effort.


And it's also possible he wasn't the main deciding factor behind signing Al...now he seems to have more power we'll see what he does next.


Which begs the question, why should we trust this man who has only been the GM of a G-League team if he could theoretically have zero record? To follow that up, why do you full-throatedly, unequivocally have confidence in this guy as a GM? And finally, if you like the moves, why aren't you advocating for a continuation of "the collaboration", a situation in which Brand said has "failed" despite being part of it?


If this was a boxing match, this post is the moment when you see someone in PhillyPhilly's corner throwing the white towel in the ring.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
Negrodamus
RealGM
Posts: 14,168
And1: 5,628
Joined: Aug 05, 2004

Re: Elton Speaks:Look into the Future; Death of the Colab? 

Post#74 » by Negrodamus » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:01 pm

PhillyPhilly wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
PhillyPhilly wrote:
And it's also possible he wasn't the main deciding factor behind signing Al...now he seems to have more power we'll see what he does next.


Which begs the question, why should we trust this man who has only been the GM of a G-League team if he could theoretically have zero record? To follow that up, why do you full-throatedly, unequivocally have confidence in this guy as a GM? And finally, if you like the moves, why aren't you advocating for a continuation of "the collaboration", a situation in which Brand said has "failed" despite being part of it?


I already said i didn't like ALL the moves such as Horford..so there is obvious room for growth and to learn from it. The bottom line is Brand is our gm and will remain the gm moving forward...so folks can cry about it as much as they want but it's not gonna change reality.


I'll let you off the hook on this because this conversation has continued off pure morbid curiosity, but you didn't give anything close to answer as to your confidence into Brand besides the fact that "he's our GM whether we like it or not", which is a non-answer.
User avatar
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,623
And1: 676
Joined: Feb 14, 2008
       

Re: Elton Speaks:Look into the Future; Death of the Colab? 

Post#75 » by 51X3RF4N » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:04 pm

PhillyPhilly wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
PhillyPhilly wrote:
And it's also possible he wasn't the main deciding factor behind signing Al...now he seems to have more power we'll see what he does next.


Which begs the question, why should we trust this man who has only been the GM of a G-League team if he could theoretically have zero record? To follow that up, why do you full-throatedly, unequivocally have confidence in this guy as a GM? And finally, if you like the moves, why aren't you advocating for a continuation of "the collaboration", a situation in which Brand said has "failed" despite being part of it?


I already said i didn't like ALL the moves such as Horford..so there is obvious room for growth and to learn from it. The bottom line is Brand is our gm and will remain the gm moving forward...so folks can cry about it as much as they want but it's not gonna change reality.
Ok, you have to be part of Brands circle. Or, like Barbara attempting to say Brand is good because if that were true then Bryan is certainly better than Brand??

You say Ben and Brett were the problems so you've got an issue with Aussies too? Maybe you are the Italian wife of a former GM who still trolled Toronto fans years later when Hubby was the Sixers guy....
Your Future Sixers:

C- Embiid/Patton
PF- ?/Bolden
SF- Butler/?
SG- ?/Zhaire
PG- Simmons/Shamet
Zumramania
Ballboy
Posts: 47
And1: 17
Joined: Jan 21, 2019
   

Re: Elton Speaks:Look into the Future; Death of the Colab? 

Post#76 » by Zumramania » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:34 pm

Let's face it: In any even semi-serious organization Brand would have been fired or not hired in the first place. I just wonder what does the Sixer organization actually care about? Saving their face? They probably think they're still gonna do good with Simmons and Embiid, at least in terms of revenue from fans and the franchises value...Unfortunately we don't have Mark Cuban but I just hope they are going to stop playing fantasyGM, hire right people and let them do their job. I mean, can't they see this is also good for them?
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 44,599
And1: 9,117
Joined: Feb 07, 2005
Location: Parts Unknown
   

Re: Elton Speaks:Look into the Future; Death of the Colab? 

Post#77 » by Stanford » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:08 am

Lou_23 wrote:The last time they talked about basketball minds they hired Colangelo.


Exactly. Howard Eskin may as well be running this team.
Image
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 44,599
And1: 9,117
Joined: Feb 07, 2005
Location: Parts Unknown
   

Re: Elton Speaks:Look into the Future; Death of the Colab? 

Post#78 » by Stanford » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:28 am

How can I mute users, as a mod?
Image
NYSixersFan
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,990
And1: 647
Joined: May 21, 2014
       

Re: Elton Speaks:Look into the Future; Death of the Colab? 

Post#79 » by NYSixersFan » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:45 am

BullyKing wrote:
NYSixersFan wrote:
PhillyPhilly wrote:
Yep...20 ppg is clearly a "bad year".


Are you suggesting Tobias was great or even very good? He was inconsistent at best.


It only took us six years but I think we finally agree on something.


It just means you've been wrong for the last 6 years :)

Return to Philadelphia 76ers