ImageImageImage

Sixers new HC search thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

fl311
Senior
And1: 1,182

Re: Sixers new HC search thread 

Post#601 » by fl311 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:24 pm

Ok I’m done with this guy. Anyone else want to take over? Either he is a troll, someone related to Lue or Elton Brand himself
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,857

Post#602 » by Negrodamus » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:34 pm

fl311 wrote:Ok I’m done with this guy. Anyone else want to take over? Either he is a troll, someone related to Lue or Elton Brand himself

Could you imagine if they were Lue or Brand? That would be the most terrifyingly disqualifying part of our organization.
fl311
Senior

Post#603 » by fl311 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:40 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
fl311 wrote:Ok I’m done with this guy. Anyone else want to take over? Either he is a troll, someone related to Lue or Elton Brand himself

Could you imagine if they were Lue or Brand? That would be the most terrifyingly disqualifying part of our organization.

With how screwed up this organization is, nothing would surprise me at this point.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,589

Post#604 » by 76ciology » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:57 pm

Haha just don’t mind him. You know we love you here.

8-)
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
fl311
Senior

Post#605 » by fl311 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:10 pm

76ciology wrote:

8-)

Appreciate that. I've just never seen someone get so defensive over Ty Lue. Its quite odd
PhillyPhilly
Bench Warmer
And1: 522

Post#606 » by PhillyPhilly » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:13 pm

Another one who runs off when they can't present a decent argument to back up their flawed views. Good riddings..you got tied in knots so of course the tedius and immature "troll" line gets rolled out..smh.
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Post#607 » by 51X3RF4N » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:13 pm

From Ty's Wiki...

"Lue's coaching style in Cleveland relied on flexibility and LeBron James's consistency; he shuffled players around James to adjust to matchups. In 2016, his Finals team followed the Warriors' own blueprint to beat them. Lue's style was described as undisciplined and unprepared in the regular season, but in the playoffs, he has been praised for his ability to "think several moves ahead and create matchup advantages".[15] At the 2016 ESPY Awards, Lue was named Best Coach/Manager and the Cavs were named Best Team."

Honestly, this is the part that makes me want Lue over MDA.

If he can adjust strategies and lineups mid game to help Simmons or Embiid reach their potential, then I'm all for it. Regular season literally doesn't matter, as long as you make the playoffs. And if you coach your butt off in the playoffs, then that's what matters.

If MDA will cause a massive shakeup of the roster, and can't be flexible in the playoffs or make mid game adjustments, then I really don't want him.

If Lue costs more, but can manage this roster and help unlock it in the playoffs, I'd like to see that first. Not saying "run it back", I'd obviously still look for better fits.
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
76ciology
RealGM

Post#608 » by 76ciology » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:14 pm

fl311 wrote:
76ciology wrote:

8-)

Appreciate that. I've just never seen someone get so defensive over Ty Lue. Its quite odd

You can’t change everyone’s beliefs, trying so leads to stress. And i know it’s extra hard for you given what you know are real facts rather than beliefs.

Just be like woj on twitter, don’t debate with anyone and just be like a heaven sent angel to bless us with your holy infos. :lol:
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Post#609 » by 51X3RF4N » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:15 pm

fl311 wrote:
76ciology wrote:

8-)

I made my own day just now. The Ignore/Block button is really quite miraculous.
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
76ciology
RealGM

Post#610 » by 76ciology » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:17 pm

51X3RF4N wrote:From Ty's Wiki...

"Lue's coaching style in Cleveland relied on flexibility and LeBron James's consistency; he shuffled players around James to adjust to matchups. In 2016, his Finals team followed the Warriors' own blueprint to beat them. Lue's style was described as undisciplined and unprepared in the regular season, but in the playoffs, he has been praised for his ability to "think several moves ahead and create matchup advantages".[15] At the 2016 ESPY Awards, Lue was named Best Coach/Manager and the Cavs were named Best Team."

Honestly, this is the part that makes me want Lue over MDA.

If he can adjust strategies and lineups mid game to help Simmons or Embiid reach their potential, then I'm all for it. Regular season literally doesn't matter, as long as you make the playoffs. And if you coach your butt off in the playoffs, then that's what matters.

If MDA will cause a massive shakeup of the roster, and can't be flexible in the playoffs or make mid game adjustments, then I really don't want him.

If Lue costs more, but can manage this roster and help unlock it in the playoffs, I'd like to see that first. Not saying "run it back", I'd obviously still look for better fits.

Yup. I also posted something similar. I think there was an article about this topic.

Lue also knows how to play big and small, something you need if you are trying to build around Biid and Ben.

It’s as if Lue’s greatest strength is deception and chaos. :lol:
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#611 » by BullyKing » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:46 pm

Just ignore him. Spending the time sticking a needle in your own eye is just as productive and less painful.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#612 » by Sixerscan » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:51 pm

If Lue's price was too expensive for the Lakers it's probably too expensive for the Sixers. Seems unlikely that a team would want to pay 50% more or whatever for the guy just because they like him a little more than an alternative, he's basically as good as a handful of other options that are asking for much less.

Yeah Lebron wanted him, he also wanted like 7 different guys on minimum contracts that probably wouldn't have become Lakers if they asked for more than that. Lue asked for too much so they moved onto some other perfectly fine retread hire who was asking for much less and they're 5 wins from a title.
Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,778

Post#613 » by Skates » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:12 pm

If LeBron really wanted him, Lue would be the coach of the Lakers with whatever contract he desired. Lue is acting like he is the next Phil Jackson, which is fine, be confident, but so far no one in the market has agreed with that. Take the shorter contract, win again and you can name your salary and no one will blink as they pay it.

Personally it would be awesome if they go low on Lue, MDA plays them for another team and they have to consider other candidates. The unrealistic fantasy is that they would see this as a reason to fix their dysfunctional FO setup, but hey, dysfunctional FO's are the least self aware, so as noted, total fantasy.
elchengue20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,500

Post#614 » by elchengue20 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:56 pm

While he has flaws MDA is a coach who has changed the entire NBA playstyle, has coached winning teams for most of the last 15 years, has been deep into the Playoffs consistenly, he elevated Nash and Harden into MVP status, etc.

I rather have him than Lue who only is in the converstation for being carried by Lebron into a championship where he didn't show anything superlative as a coach. Maybe he can make a leap and show he's an elite coach. But he's a risky move that i don't think is worth it right now.
BB_Fan
Junior
And1: 52

Post#615 » by BB_Fan » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:56 pm

MDA has never taken his team to conference finals. He failed in Phoenix with Steve Nash, Lakers with Kobe and Houston with Harden,
They are some elite players.

I don't think his style of play can win a championship.

If he was that good why did rockets not win last year.
SixersSince82
Junior
And1: 202

Post#616 » by SixersSince82 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:08 am

Id much prefer Lue to MDA, but I wouldn't give any coach a 5 year contract. Thats just stupid. They aren't a rebuilding team. This Sixers team has its issues but its got talent too. If you don't believe you can coach this team well enough to earn an extension then you probably aren't good enough for the job anyway.

Compromise. Give Lue more money, few years. MDA would begin the final phase of this Franchise' march back to mediocrity ,imo.
fl311
Senior

Post#617 » by fl311 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:43 am

BB_Fan wrote:MDA has never taken his team to conference finals. He failed in Phoenix with Steve Nash, Lakers with Kobe and Houston with Harden,

When you say never, are you pretending the three times he went to conference finals never happened?
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,203

Post#618 » by ProcessDoctor » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:56 am

I vote D’Antoni, but I can’t say I’m very excited for either option.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Payne/Downtin
Maxey/Melton/Hield
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#619 » by Sixerscan » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:13 am

BB_Fan wrote:MDA has never taken his team to conference finals. He failed in Phoenix with Steve Nash, Lakers with Kobe and Houston with Harden,

He's made three conference finals, two with the Suns and then the Rockets two years ago.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,476

Post#620 » by youngcrev » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:15 am

Presuming he's got a plan for Simmons and Embiid, I'm on board with D'Antoni, even if it means the roster of the roster is on the block. In fact, especially if it means the rest of the roster in on the block.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers