ImageImageImage

Welcome Glenn (Doc) Rivers - Sixers hire new head coach! Now fire everyone else!

Moderators: BullyKing, HartfordWhalers, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 49,080
And1: 12,502
Joined: Feb 07, 2005
Location: Parts Unknown
   

Re: Welcome Glenn (Doc) Rivers - Sixers hire new head coach! Now fire everyone else! 

Post#201 » by Stanford » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:17 pm

rzzzzz wrote:Well just reinforcing to Joel that he's a 5 is a start.


Is that disputed?
Image
rzzzzz
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,808
And1: 1,244
Joined: Feb 21, 2015
 

Re: Welcome Glenn (Doc) Rivers - Sixers hire new head coach! Now fire everyone else! 

Post#202 » by rzzzzz » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:04 pm

Stanford wrote:
rzzzzz wrote:Well just reinforcing to Joel that he's a 5 is a start.


Is that disputed?


when i see him hanging out at the arc, and not getting well fed down close to the rack, i'd say it wasn't like a priority.
User avatar
Arsenal
RealGM
Posts: 11,619
And1: 6,457
Joined: Jun 05, 2002
Location: Arlington, VA
 

Re: Welcome Glenn (Doc) Rivers - Sixers hire new head coach! Now fire everyone else! 

Post#203 » by Arsenal » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:11 pm

rzzzzz wrote:
Stanford wrote:
rzzzzz wrote:Well just reinforcing to Joel that he's a 5 is a start.


Is that disputed?


when i see him hanging out at the arc, and not getting well fed down close to the rack, i'd say it wasn't like a priority.


Joel has to be at the arc when he's playing with Simmons and Horford.

If Morey gets rid of Horford and Simmons learns to shoot, Joel can stay down low all day.
rzzzzz
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,808
And1: 1,244
Joined: Feb 21, 2015
 

Re: Welcome Glenn (Doc) Rivers - Sixers hire new head coach! Now fire everyone else! 

Post#204 » by rzzzzz » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:18 pm

Arsenal wrote:
rzzzzz wrote:
Stanford wrote: Joel can stay down low all day.


when he does that, he's a real 5.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 49,080
And1: 12,502
Joined: Feb 07, 2005
Location: Parts Unknown
   

Re: Welcome Glenn (Doc) Rivers - Sixers hire new head coach! Now fire everyone else! 

Post#205 » by Stanford » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:03 am

rzzzzz wrote:
Stanford wrote:
rzzzzz wrote:Well just reinforcing to Joel that he's a 5 is a start.


Is that disputed?


when i see him hanging out at the arc, and not getting well fed down close to the rack, i'd say it wasn't like a priority.


Your idea of what a 5 is is outdated by about 10 years or more.
Image
rzzzzz
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,808
And1: 1,244
Joined: Feb 21, 2015
 

Re: Welcome Glenn (Doc) Rivers - Sixers hire new head coach! Now fire everyone else! 

Post#206 » by rzzzzz » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:01 am

Stanford wrote:Your idea of what a 5 is is outdated by about 10 years or more.


my appreciation of the classic center is more than 50. I grew up with Russell-Chamberlain. Jabbar & Walton. Hakeem-Patrick. Embiid could be a throwback to that kind of big man dominance. (Forget trends. Talent wills out when properly deployed.)
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 49,080
And1: 12,502
Joined: Feb 07, 2005
Location: Parts Unknown
   

Re: Welcome Glenn (Doc) Rivers - Sixers hire new head coach! Now fire everyone else! 

Post#207 » by Stanford » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:49 am

rzzzzz wrote:
Stanford wrote:Your idea of what a 5 is is outdated by about 10 years or more.


my appreciation of the classic center is more than 50. I grew up with Russell-Chamberlain. Jabbar & Walton. Hakeem-Patrick. Embiid could be a throwback to that kind of big man dominance. (Forget trends. Talent wills out when properly deployed.)


Good, you agree with me.
Image
User avatar
stormi
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,872
And1: 3,926
Joined: Jun 04, 2019
Location: PXE island
 

Re: Welcome Glenn (Doc) Rivers - Sixers hire new head coach! Now fire everyone else! 

Post#208 » by stormi » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:49 pm

Read on Twitter


Dan Burke szn >>>
agiaco
Analyst
Posts: 3,553
And1: 1,006
Joined: Jun 26, 2009

Re: Welcome Glenn (Doc) Rivers - Sixers hire new head coach! Now fire everyone else! 

Post#209 » by agiaco » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:03 pm

Read on Twitter
still in payne
Sophomore
Posts: 139
And1: 47
Joined: Jul 19, 2002

Re: Welcome Glenn (Doc) Rivers - Sixers hire new head coach! Now fire everyone else! 

Post#210 » by still in payne » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:27 am

Hiring Brian Adams is Heaven for the Sixers, but cuts like a knife for the Clips. He's been building up to this gig since the summer of '69. He's one of the most dedicated basketball guys ever. When Harris asked him about his commitment to the organization, he said "Everything I do, I do it for you."
ankle420breaker
General Manager
Posts: 8,469
And1: 1,529
Joined: Sep 21, 2005
Location: South Jersey

Re: Welcome Glenn (Doc) Rivers - Sixers hire new head coach! Now fire everyone else! 

Post#211 » by ankle420breaker » Sun Nov 8, 2020 1:12 pm

We added Popeye Jones yesterday. Between him and Cassell we just cemented the ugliest coaching staff of all time.

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
youngcrev
RealGM
Posts: 24,458
And1: 5,852
Joined: Jun 12, 2005
Location: Philadelphia(ish)
   

Re: Welcome Glenn (Doc) Rivers - Sixers hire new head coach! Now fire everyone else! 

Post#212 » by youngcrev » Sun Nov 8, 2020 2:19 pm

ankle420breaker wrote:We added Popeye Jones yesterday. Between him and Cassell we just cemented the ugliest coaching staff of all time.

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app


What's Tyrone Hill doing these days?
User avatar
76ciology
RealGM
Posts: 50,033
And1: 16,222
Joined: Jun 06, 2002
Contact:

Re: Welcome Glenn (Doc) Rivers - Sixers hire new head coach! Now fire everyone else! 

Post#213 » by 76ciology » Sun Nov 8, 2020 3:59 pm

youngcrev wrote:
ankle420breaker wrote:We added Popeye Jones yesterday. Between him and Cassell we just cemented the ugliest coaching staff of all time.

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app


What's Tyrone Hill doing these days?


LoL i was just about to post this. I remember when those 3 were constants on every “ugliest players in the league” threads in gen board
“If anyone can refute me—show me I'm making a mistake or looking at things from the wrong perspective—I'll gladly change. It's the truth I'm after, and the truth never harmed anyone." Marcus Aurelius.
sixers4real
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,830
And1: 912
Joined: Nov 27, 2015
Location: Russia
 

Re: Welcome Glenn (Doc) Rivers - Sixers hire new head coach! Now fire everyone else! 

Post#214 » by sixers4real » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:07 am

So Doc will most probably represent Sixers at the ASG? Seems cool, when was that the last time?
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
Posts: 8,892
And1: 2,408
Joined: Jun 28, 2002

Re: Welcome Glenn (Doc) Rivers - Sixers hire new head coach! Now fire everyone else! 

Post#215 » by sixers hoops » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:19 am

sixers4real wrote:So Doc will most probably represent Sixers at the ASG? Seems cool, when was that the last time?


Had to be Brown in 01
User avatar
76ciology
RealGM
Posts: 50,033
And1: 16,222
Joined: Jun 06, 2002
Contact:

Re: Welcome Glenn (Doc) Rivers - Sixers hire new head coach! Now fire everyone else! 

Post#216 » by 76ciology » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:32 am

sixers4real wrote:So Doc will most probably represent Sixers at the ASG? Seems cool, when was that the last time?


Time for Doc and Biid to lock Giannis in a room to recruit him
“If anyone can refute me—show me I'm making a mistake or looking at things from the wrong perspective—I'll gladly change. It's the truth I'm after, and the truth never harmed anyone." Marcus Aurelius.
User avatar
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,130
And1: 919
Joined: Feb 14, 2008
       

Re: Welcome Glenn (Doc) Rivers - Sixers hire new head coach! Now fire everyone else! 

Post#217 » by 51X3RF4N » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:14 pm

Anyone else see this tweet?

"Doc Rivers says he sent Ben Simmons film of him operating as a screener and DHO big against Utah, telling him that’s what they want from him every night. Said he plays with a level of force and power that stresses defenses."

Would Brett have ever done this?

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Your Future Sixers:

C- Embiid/Patton
PF- ?/Bolden
SF- Butler/?
SG- ?/Zhaire
PG- Simmons/Shamet
Kobblehead
RealGM
Posts: 35,870
And1: 15,552
Joined: Apr 15, 2010
 

Re: Welcome Glenn (Doc) Rivers - Sixers hire new head coach! Now fire everyone else! 

Post#218 » by Kobblehead » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:19 pm

51X3RF4N wrote:Anyone else see this tweet?

"Doc Rivers says he sent Ben Simmons film of him operating as a screener and DHO big against Utah, telling him that’s what they want from him every night. Said he plays with a level of force and power that stresses defenses."

Would Brett have ever done this?

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app

Nope, Brett actually created the problem in the first place with his "he's a point gawd" presser.
phillynative
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,134
And1: 1,127
Joined: Dec 13, 2014

Re: Welcome Glenn (Doc) Rivers - Sixers hire new head coach! Now fire everyone else! 

Post#219 » by phillynative » Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:06 pm

51X3RF4N wrote:Anyone else see this tweet?

"Doc Rivers says he sent Ben Simmons film of him operating as a screener and DHO big against Utah, telling him that’s what they want from him every night. Said he plays with a level of force and power that stresses defenses."

Would Brett have ever done this?

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app


Wow thats great. He and Embiid need a coach on their a**. Probably Ben more so.
User avatar
76ciology
RealGM
Posts: 50,033
And1: 16,222
Joined: Jun 06, 2002
Contact:

Re: Welcome Glenn (Doc) Rivers - Sixers hire new head coach! Now fire everyone else! 

Post#220 » by 76ciology » Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:35 am

I dont know where to post this.

Let’s pray/hope that Dave Joeger can recover from his cancer.
“If anyone can refute me—show me I'm making a mistake or looking at things from the wrong perspective—I'll gladly change. It's the truth I'm after, and the truth never harmed anyone." Marcus Aurelius.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers