ImageImageImage

Fantasy Trade Thread: 2020 Offseason

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

MoeGreene
Junior
And1: 137

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread: 2020 Offseason 

Post#1781 » by MoeGreene » Tue May 4, 2021 8:28 pm

Cheers to that. I feel your pain going back to the draft where I wanted Brandon Ingram. My exact quote was "get the guy who can shoot".

What do we do about it now...its tough and yes gets tougher everyday. I used to entertain ideas about "fair market value" with certain players, but Ben has fallen behind each of them, like Booker, and is not even close to others like Lillard.

We are looking at others in Tier 1a or Tier 2 now to accommodate Ben's lack of growth. Someone like CJ , or maybe just below him, like Brogdon probably would be around fair market now. Unfortunately, I don't think Portland nor Indiana would agree with that.

Do you agree?

76ciology wrote:
MoeGreene wrote:That's fine. But happy we agree that its entering time to move on.

76ciology wrote:
Sure. But you dont trade them just for the sake of getting rid of them. If you can’t get a good return then you might as well hold unto them.

Ive already decided to moved on a long time ago.
It’s just that it’s tough to get a good return.

And as time passes by that window gets smaller.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,104

Post#1782 » by Kobblehead » Tue May 4, 2021 10:15 pm

The problem with the 2016 draft is that we didn't know if Embiid would ever play. So we needed the "biggest singular impact on winning" guy and that was easily Ben. Had we known Embiid would eventually have a semi-decent durability and play a lot of games, we would have drafted the most talented perimeter scorer to pair with him. We just didn't know.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,514

Post#1783 » by 76ciology » Wed May 5, 2021 4:42 am

MoeGreene wrote:Cheers to that. I feel your pain going back to the draft where I wanted Brandon Ingram. My exact quote was "get the guy who can shoot".

What do we do about it now...its tough and yes gets tougher everyday. I used to entertain ideas about "fair market value" with certain players, but Ben has fallen behind each of them, like Booker, and is not even close to others like Lillard.

We are looking at others in Tier 1a or Tier 2 now to accommodate Ben's lack of growth. Someone like CJ , or maybe just below him, like Brogdon probably would be around fair market now. Unfortunately, I don't think Portland nor Indiana would agree with that.

Do you agree?

76ciology wrote:
MoeGreene wrote:That's fine. But happy we agree that its entering time to move on.

Ive already decided to moved on a long time ago.
It’s just that it’s tough to get a good return.

And as time passes by that window gets smaller.

People say I hate Ben because we didnt draft Ingram.

If there’s a gun in my head, i’ll tell you it’s not that. I dont even follow that much about Ingram after the 2016 draft.

I’ve rooted for guys that didn’t do well before. Namely, Okafor and Evan Turner. The ironic thing is, I like perimeter play. AI was the reason I was a sixers fan. My favorite player right now is Steph. And yes, I try to shoot those shots from the logo, whenever I play in real life :lol: I’m not that old, but I’ve also seen an abundance of talent. I’d even tell you right now that everyone is replaceable, including Embiid. So I hope everyone stays open on who stays or who leaves. No favoritism.

Ben is a good fit with Biid. He’s just far from the perfect fit. Ben’s defense and what he brings on transition, empowers Embiid. But I’d rather have a REAL role player like Draymond Green to play his role. Not someone who i’ve slotted to be the second best player on my team. While I’d prefer the second best player on my team can be my 1B, a guy who can also carry my team’s offense and also allows Embiid to do his load management. Man, Harden was the perfect fit.

Then I do think there’s a big disparity between his perceived value among people. I’ve even tried some social experiment with this by mentioning guys like Julius Randle to be traded for him due to my fascination of how people values Ben. That said, I do think we can get more value than what his REAL fair value is. Yeah, he’s a DPOY and All NBA player. *wink wink*

The problem is the overall trend. He’s not improving. It means this could maybe be a “musical chair” scenario that you may end up not having a chair to sit on when the music stops.

If I have to trade him, I’d do it for a big time player like Harden. If Ben won’t be enough, I’ll add whoever young guys and picks we can offer.

If not, I’d trade Ben for someone who may not have a higher value than him right now but have a higher projected value in the future than him. Someone like Anthony Edwards.

If I’m going for someone like CJ and Brogdon, I’d like to get atleast a couple of picks.

On the last two scenarios, my intent is for me to still get that window for a big time player. Which should be my goal on any player movement. Settling for guys like Brogdon and CJ is also a form of defeat but with a different flavor.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1784 » by 76ciology » Wed May 5, 2021 5:13 am

Kobblehead wrote:The problem with the 2016 draft is that we didn't know if Embiid would ever play. So we needed the "biggest singular impact on winning" guy and that was easily Ben. Had we known Embiid would eventually have a semi-decent durability and play a lot of games, we would have drafted the most talented perimeter scorer to pair with him. We just didn't know.

I just hope that among the skillset we’ll looked into on our next draft, we’d value perimeter scoring above all else. Then for growth, we need some player with a good foundation (not shooting with his off hand) and has a chip on his shoulder.

Defense? Sell that ponzi scheme to the Grizzlies. Tell them to build the next 2004 Pistons.

Look at the guys Kupchak drafted (there are a lot more guys who drafts better). Im not saying he’s a draft god and luck certainly plays a factor. But Kupchak had the right vision of players to draft in the lottery, focusing on scorers and shooters. Even Jordan Clarkson is doing well with the jazz.

Hell.. he’s even doing well with the Hornets.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,675

Post#1785 » by stormi » Wed May 5, 2021 1:06 pm

Read on Twitter

Ben for Dame or Fox lining up perfectly

(barring the 0.75% chance we win the chip this year)
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,441

Post#1786 » by Eyeamok » Wed May 5, 2021 2:09 pm

stormi wrote:
Read on Twitter

Ben for Dame or Fox lining up perfectly

(barring the 0.75% chance we win the chip this year)

Do new coaches really want to trade their best players without getting a chance to coach them?

Some one floated a Malcolm Brogdon trade (not for Ben) which would probably be more likely to happen with or without a new coach.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,675

Post#1787 » by stormi » Wed May 5, 2021 2:11 pm

Boring
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,790

Post#1788 » by Negrodamus » Wed May 5, 2021 5:01 pm

If we don't win it all this year:

S&T for DeRozan (this might be a Shake Milton + assets trade), try to get Lowry on a sweetheart deal to play with his buddy in his hometown. Consider trading Ben for a SG/SF that fits with Embiid.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1789 » by 76ciology » Wed May 5, 2021 6:03 pm

Im not interested in Derozan or Lowry. Both guys would cost us assets that will hurt our chance to get a big time player down the road.
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#1790 » by Negrodamus » Wed May 5, 2021 6:25 pm

76ciology wrote:Im not interested in Derozan or Lowry. Both guys would cost us assets that will hurt our chance to get a big time player down the road.

Both are unrestricted free agents. If a S&T is to occur, I don't think they have the leverage for major assets on this team. And getting two leaders with their own synergy who draw a ton of fouls and are playoff vets that are ring hunting would be a "big time" get, especially if we can get Lowry on a reasonable deal. Embiid, DeRozan, Lowry, and Tobias right now would get us guaranteed ECF. If we can trade Ben for an equal, but better fit, then our starting five is stacked.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1791 » by 76ciology » Wed May 5, 2021 6:28 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
76ciology wrote:Im not interested in Derozan or Lowry. Both guys would cost us assets that will hurt our chance to get a big time player down the road.

Both are unrestricted free agents. If a S&T is to occur, I don't think they have the leverage for major assets on this team. And getting two leaders with their own synergy who draw a ton of fouls and are playoff vets that are ring hunting would be a "big time" get, especially if we can get Lowry on a reasonable deal. Embiid, DeRozan, Lowry, and Tobias right now would get us guaranteed ECF. If we can trade Ben for an equal, but better fit, then our starting five is stacked.

I didnt know their UFA. :oops:

But if they are, then we better sign them using whatever cap flexibility we got after the Al deal.

I wouldnt mind getting either one of them but I just dont like the idea of giving up assets other than cap space for both guys.
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#1792 » by Negrodamus » Wed May 5, 2021 6:52 pm

76ciology wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:

I didnt know their UFA. :oops:

But if they are, then we better sign them using whatever cap flexibility we got after the Al deal.

I wouldnt mind getting either one of them but I just dont like the idea of giving up assets other than cap space for both guys.

Yea, I think it's a unique opportunity to get a 2 for one on those guys. Obviously not as great as getting Paul George and Kawhi in a package deal, but it should be cheaper and they will compliment Embiid extremely well.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#1793 » by Kobblehead » Wed May 5, 2021 8:47 pm

76ciology wrote:I just hope that among the skillset we’ll looked into on our next draft, we’d value perimeter scoring above all else. Then for growth, we need some player with a good foundation (not shooting with his off hand) and has a chip on his shoulder.

Defense? Sell that ponzi scheme to the Grizzlies. Tell them to build the next 2004 Pistons.

Look at the guys Kupchak drafted (there are a lot more guys who drafts better). Im not saying he’s a draft god and luck certainly plays a factor. But Kupchak has the right vision of players to draft in the lottery, focusing on scorers and shooters.

I think the Maxey pick shows us that Morey recognized our need for creation/scoring.

Ideally, we continue to add guys like that. Underclassmen creator types. Hoping for a little more size and/or shooting and/or defense than Maxey, going forward. Having to wait on Maxey's jumper is rendering him less impactful early on than we'd like. A similar player with a ready made jumper ala Coby White would have been more impactful early for us.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1794 » by 76ciology » Thu May 6, 2021 5:40 am

Kobblehead wrote:
76ciology wrote:I just hope that among the skillset we’ll looked into on our next draft, we’d value perimeter scoring above all else. Then for growth, we need some player with a good foundation (not shooting with his off hand) and has a chip on his shoulder.

Look at the guys Kupchak drafted (there are a lot more guys who drafts better). Im not saying he’s a draft god and luck certainly plays a factor. But Kupchak has the right vision of players to draft in the lottery, focusing on scorers and shooters.

I think the Maxey pick shows us that Morey recognized our need for creation/scoring.

Ideally, we continue to add guys like that. Underclassmen creator types. Hoping for a little more size and/or shooting and/or defense than Maxey, going forward. Having to wait on Maxey's jumper is rendering him less impactful early on than we'd like. A similar player with a ready made jumper ala Coby White would have been more impactful early for us.

Yup.

I do think that it’s easy to find the next CJ Mccullom. Kids right now are trained to be a great shooters and run pick and rolls. I can see Maxey is part of that generation.

If I can’t get James Harden, then I’ll settle with two CJ Mccullom type players on my backcourt. Not enough? then i’ll make it 3. Maybe Maxey can be that type. Then I think I’d be fine on offense.

A good “moneyball” way to this route is like how the Jazz did it. They have Mitchell-Conley backcourt. Then given both guys aren’t THAT good or consistent, they added Clarkson off the bench.

I wouldn’t be surprised if a Mitchell-Conley-Clarkson-Ingles-Gobert would be a great 5 man unit for them.

The league has opened the pandora’s box when they change the rules that opens up opportunities for guys like Gary Trent Jr to play a top 2 to 3 option on offense. And these type of guys are abundant in every draft.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#1795 » by Kobblehead » Thu May 6, 2021 1:40 pm

The hard part for the Sixers is playing catch up for all the missed opportunities to this approach in past drafts. We're remedying that now by getting guys like Maxey, but then we're bringing in 19-20 year kids that need time to get to that mid-20s age where they start to figure out how to play winning basketball.

So the best recourse for the Sixers to maintain their timeline would be to trade for an existing rookie contract player that fits the bill.

Shai Alexander - 22
Collin Sexton - 22
Nickeil Walker - 22

Further away:
Anfernee Simons - 21
Coby White - 21
Darius Garland - 21
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,712

Post#1796 » by the_process » Thu May 6, 2021 6:24 pm

Kobblehead wrote:The hard part for the Sixers is playing catch up for all the missed opportunities to this approach in past drafts. We're remedying that now by getting guys like Maxey, but then we're bringing in 19-20 year kids that need time to get to that mid-20s age where they start to figure out how to play winning basketball.

So the best recourse for the Sixers to maintain their timeline would be to trade for an existing rookie contract player that fits the bill.

Shai Alexander - 22
Collin Sexton - 22
Nickeil Walker - 22

Further away:
Anfernee Simons - 21
Coby White - 21
Darius Garland - 21

Don’t think there is any way OKC deals Shai. Walker would be an excellent target, but is he for sale? NOP seems torn on him, sometimes 10 mins other times 30. Sexton would pair very well with Ben, but since that doesn’t interest me, and I actually think Garland would be better with Jo, I would be pushing a Sexton-Simmons pair hard to CLE for a package including Garland and their 1st. That’s just me, though.
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#1797 » by Negrodamus » Thu May 6, 2021 6:51 pm

Kobblehead wrote:The hard part for the Sixers is playing catch up for all the missed opportunities to this approach in past drafts. We're remedying that now by getting guys like Maxey, but then we're bringing in 19-20 year kids that need time to get to that mid-20s age where they start to figure out how to play winning basketball.

Shai Alexander - 22
Collin Sexton - 22
Nickeil Walker - 22

Further away:
Anfernee Simons - 21
Coby White - 21
Darius Garland - 21

What about Lonnie Walker? In fact, I'm incredibly interested in the Spurs as a whole in terms of being trading partners.
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#1798 » by Negrodamus » Thu May 6, 2021 6:55 pm

Also interested in the TWolves. Jaylen Nowell, Jarred Vanderbilt, Okogie, even Culver could be a reclamation project because they're all on a horrendously run team. Nowell, however, is extremely intriguing to me.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,712

Post#1799 » by the_process » Thu May 6, 2021 7:13 pm

Negrodamus wrote:

Shai Alexander - 22
Collin Sexton - 22
Nickeil Walker - 22

Further away:
Anfernee Simons - 21
Coby White - 21
Darius Garland - 21

What about Lonnie Walker? In fact, I'm incredibly interested in the Spurs as a whole in terms of being trading partners.

Love to have Devin Vassell, if there’s any way to pry that kid loose.
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#1800 » by Negrodamus » Thu May 6, 2021 7:16 pm

the_process wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:

Shai Alexander - 22
Collin Sexton - 22
Nickeil Walker - 22

Further away:
Anfernee Simons - 21
Coby White - 21
Darius Garland - 21

Love to have Devin Vassell, if there’s any way to pry that kid loose.

I think him panning out is what will allow other guys to become available. Their entire team is young G/F: Derrick White, Keldon Johnson, Lonnie Walker, Dejounte Murray, Devin Vassell, Tre Jones, Quinndary Weatherspoon...

Return to Philadelphia 76ers