ImageImageImage

Fantasy Trade Thread: 2020 Offseason

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,107

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread: 2020 Offseason 

Post#1801 » by Kobblehead » Fri May 7, 2021 12:49 pm

Derrick White would be cool as a slash & three offensive piece. However, it appears that Spurs want he and Murray, longterm.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#1802 » by Kobblehead » Fri May 7, 2021 12:59 pm

If it becomes abundantly clear that Simmons needs to go this summer, Fox and Ingram are the top target for me.
SixthStreet
Sixth Man
And1: 1,546

Post#1803 » by SixthStreet » Fri May 7, 2021 1:17 pm

If a star trade comes available and the other team equally values Maxey and Thybulle and only one is in the deal who do you trade? You are trading picks and one of them, i.e. keeping Embiid, Simmons, and Harris. I think I'd keep Maxey but would have a lot of heartburn on trading Thybulle.

I wonder if there is a case for running it back and tinker on the fringes even if Morey isn't the type to do that. I think for optics the team would have to make the finals and Thybulle to breakout in the playoffs and Maxey to show something in some series for that to be a possibility.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#1804 » by Kobblehead » Fri May 7, 2021 2:30 pm

Gotta keep Maxey, IMO.

I think you always go with youth/shotcreation. Maxey is pretty much guaranteed to be a 15+ ppg scorer in this league. With three point shooting, possibly 20+ ppg.

Thybulle was a maxed out 22 year old when we drafted him and his jumpshot development through two years has been disappointing.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,838

Post#1805 » by Negrodamus » Fri May 7, 2021 7:25 pm

Sticking with my hypothesis that knockdown shooters take a while and likely a few teams to get acclimated to the NBA, I think now might be the time to target Monk. We have the defense to cover his shortcomings and I think given the dynamic of the team, he'd really fit in well. He's been such a rollercoaster in Charlotte that I don't know what his value is, but I can't imagine we'd have to give up much for him.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,730

Post#1806 » by the_process » Fri May 7, 2021 9:49 pm

SixthStreet wrote:If a star trade comes available and the other team equally values Maxey and Thybulle and only one is in the deal who do you trade? You are trading picks and one of them, i.e. keeping Embiid, Simmons, and Harris. I think I'd keep Maxey but would have a lot of heartburn on trading Thybulle.

I wonder if there is a case for running it back and tinker on the fringes even if Morey isn't the type to do that. I think for optics the team would have to make the finals and Thybulle to breakout in the playoffs and Maxey to show something in some series for that to be a possibility.

Choosing between those two? Thybulle. But I would choose to trade Shake before either Maxey or Thybulle. I realize that opinion is in the minority, but there you go.
SixthStreet
Sixth Man
And1: 1,546

Post#1807 » by SixthStreet » Fri May 7, 2021 10:51 pm

I agree I'd trade Shake over their of those two but no sane GM is going value him in the same stratosphere. If we call about a star, the package is going to start with either Thybulle or Maxey. Shake might be a throw-in, the 3rd or 4th best asset in the deal.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,196

Post#1808 » by ProcessDoctor » Sat May 8, 2021 1:38 pm

Thybule > Maxey > Shake as well.

We're currently 5th in NET RTG, 2nd in DRTG, and 13th in ORTG. Based on that, I think the ideal scenario would be to turn Tobias into a strongly positive offensive guard (LaVine, McCollum, Beal). With a move like that, we'd likely be top 10 in both O and D RTG.

Harris + Shake for CJ + Little

Harris + Shake + pick(s) for LaVine + Thad (w/ 3rd team)

Harris + Hill + Shake + picks for Beal + Bertans (w/ 3rd team)
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
the_process
RealGM

Post#1809 » by the_process » Sat May 8, 2021 2:09 pm

SixthStreet wrote:I agree I'd trade Shake over their of those two but no sane GM is going value him in the same stratosphere. If we call about a star, the package is going to start with either Thybulle or Maxey. Shake might be a throw-in, the 3rd or 4th best asset in the deal.

Shake has more of a track record, is still young, and has two more cheap years. Some teams will value that more than Maxey or Thybulle IMO.
MoeGreene
Junior
And1: 137

Post#1810 » by MoeGreene » Sat May 8, 2021 10:38 pm

I like your > < assessment. But, I don't think Harris plus anything gets the Sixers much. Ben + something barely gets them CJ and Beal is not even in the conversation without doing Ben + Shake + Maxey + picks. You see differently?

ProcessDoctor wrote:Thybule > Maxey > Shake as well.

We're currently 5th in NET RTG, 2nd in DRTG, and 13th in ORTG. Based on that, I think the ideal scenario would be to turn Tobias into a strongly positive offensive guard (LaVine, McCollum, Beal). With a move like that, we'd likely be top 10 in both O and D RTG.

Harris + Shake for CJ + Little

Harris + Shake + pick(s) for LaVine + Thad (w/ 3rd team)

Harris + Hill + Shake + picks for Beal + Bertans (w/ 3rd team)
ProcessDoctor
RealGM

Post#1811 » by ProcessDoctor » Sun May 9, 2021 12:28 am

MoeGreene wrote:I like your > < assessment. But, I don't think Harris plus anything gets the Sixers much. Ben + something barely gets them CJ and Beal is not even in the conversation without doing Ben + Shake + Maxey + picks. You see differently?

I think CJ and LaVine are more realistic targets in a Harris-centric trade. I could see Portland valuing Harris, but really wanting Thybulle as well. I wouldn't cave there, as Thybulle is an advanced stats/impact monster.

In a LaVine trade, I think Harris would have to be sent to a 3rd team like Sacramento (Hield + Bagley to CHI) or Golden State (Wiggins + FRP to CHI).

I agree Beal's value is on another level. Surprisingly, it's not because he's a much better player, but rather that his reputation is better for whatever reason. I think we'd have to part with Simmons to get him.

I'd rank those targets:
1) LaVine (age, athleticism, minimal injury history, shot-creation off the dribble)
2) CJ (shooting percentages, shot-creation off the dribble, older than LaVine, semi-serious injury this season)
3) Beal (most costly, most extensive injury history, worst shot-creator of the 3)

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
the_process
RealGM

Post#1812 » by the_process » Sun May 9, 2021 3:50 am

I have a hard time seeing CHI deal LaVine when they still are on the hook for two years of Vucevic. But who knows with that team.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM

Post#1813 » by ProcessDoctor » Sun May 9, 2021 5:11 am

the_process wrote:I have a hard time seeing CHI deal LaVine when they still are on the hook for two years of Vucevic. But who knows with that team.

That was a very short-sighted move by them. I couldn't believe it when I saw it. From their perspective, they have to decide if they see LaVine as a franchise cornerstone/max player to build around. If not, then they'd be wise to trade him this summer regardless of the Vuc trade. They might even feel pressure to sell both, as it looks like they won't even make the play-in game(s).

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
LeTimmAy
Freshman
And1: 41

Post#1814 » by LeTimmAy » Sun May 9, 2021 5:59 am

Why not keep all of them, get kuruc and a shooting big. I love the team.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,700

Post#1815 » by stormi » Sun May 9, 2021 9:04 am

Lavine should be on the avoid at all costs list if the idea is about acquiring him to be anything more than a 6th man / microwave scorer in the Burks/Clarkson vein. He's a perennial loser.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#1816 » by LloydFree » Sun May 9, 2021 9:21 am

ProcessDoctor wrote:
the_process wrote:I have a hard time seeing CHI deal LaVine when they still are on the hook for two years of Vucevic. But who knows with that team.

That was a very short-sighted move by them. I couldn't believe it when I saw it. From their perspective, they have to decide if they see LaVine as a franchise cornerstone/max player to build around. If not, then they'd be wise to trade him this summer regardless of the Vuc trade. They might even feel pressure to sell both, as it looks like they won't even make the play-in game(s).

The trade was a disaster waiting to happen but they're not going to cut bait willingly with Lavine. They did the trade in order to convince him to re-sign with them. It's his choice, not theirs

The Bulls intend on maxing Lavine, and maxing out Ball or some young PG, while Vucevic is on that declining contract and Patrick's Williams is on the rookie deal.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
ProcessDoctor
RealGM

Post#1817 » by ProcessDoctor » Sun May 9, 2021 12:15 pm

LloydFree wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:

The trade was a disaster waiting to happen but they're not going to cut bait willingly with Lavine. They did the trade in order to convince him to re-sign with them. It's his choice, not theirs

The Bulls intend on maxing Lavine, and maxing out Ball or some young PG, while Vucevic is on that declining contract and Patrick's Williams is on the rookie deal.

It’ll be an interesting summer for them. I can see him turning down an extension from them for greener pastures. Are you still down on him as a 2nd or 3rd star?

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#1818 » by Kobblehead » Sun May 9, 2021 1:12 pm

stormi wrote:Lavine should be on the avoid at all costs list if the idea is about acquiring him to be anything more than a 6th man / microwave scorer in the Burks/Clarkson vein. He's a perennial loser.

That's what they said about Devin Booker, too. Now he's on one of the best teams in the NBA.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,700

Post#1819 » by stormi » Sun May 9, 2021 2:11 pm

Kobblehead wrote:
stormi wrote:Lavine should be on the avoid at all costs list if the idea is about acquiring him to be anything more than a 6th man / microwave scorer in the Burks/Clarkson vein. He's a perennial loser.

That's what they said about Devin Booker, too. Now he's on one of the best teams in the NBA.

I've never said that about Booker. And Booker like other scorers that have played on poor, talent deprived NBA teams (Beal and Pre-Lebron Cavs Kyrie) have delivered winning metrics in the minutes they can control.

Lavine tanks lineups and has been his entire career. Not being able to secure even a 10 seed in the state of this eastern conference with some alright players around him is honestly embarrassing. Ben for all his flaws is a better, smarter and more impactful basketball player.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#1820 » by Kobblehead » Sun May 9, 2021 2:21 pm

Zach Lavine > Bradley Beal.........easily

Winning metrics in lineups? What? Put Zach Lavine in good lineups on a great team like the Sixers instead of trainwrecks like Minnesota and rebuilding Chicago squad and his lineup metrics would be fine.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers