ImageImageImage

Fantasy Trade Thread: 2020 Offseason

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,803

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread: 2020 Offseason 

Post#1841 » by Negrodamus » Mon May 10, 2021 3:09 pm

Wow, I do not want Anthony Edwards. I value Ben a little more than that.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,863

Post#1842 » by Stanford » Mon May 10, 2021 3:46 pm

Is saddiq bey and a second for ben still available cause i'm ti he jjxcbjjdjfbhfvbwgjbvhslkrhtgs.
cool93
Analyst
And1: 1,992

Post#1843 » by cool93 » Mon May 10, 2021 4:19 pm

76ciology wrote:
cool93 wrote:I think Ben would and should be only traded as part of a package for a star

Guys like Anthony Edwards or Jaren Jackson can be future all stars. A lottery pick can also be a future allstar. Guys like Donatas Sabonis or Julius Randle are allstars.
Who gives a **** about POSSIBLE future star, who won't be a difference maker for at least couple more years, when we have Embiid?

Sent from my G3416 using RealGM mobile app
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,528

Post#1844 » by 76ciology » Mon May 10, 2021 4:32 pm

cool93 wrote:
76ciology wrote:
cool93 wrote:I think Ben would and should be only traded as part of a package for a star

Guys like Anthony Edwards or Jaren Jackson can be future all stars. A lottery pick can also be a future allstar. Guys like Donatas Sabonis or Julius Randle are allstars.
Who gives a **** about POSSIBLE future star, who won't be a difference maker for at least couple more years, when we have Embiid?

Sent from my G3416 using RealGM mobile app

Because anthony edwards, jaren jackson or your lottery pick can contribute now and is likely to be a higher valued asset than Ben in a couple of years from now

“But how about defense”

Then get a 3&D wing in the offseason. Its not like our defense is anchored by Ben.

“But how about PG”

Then let Maxey run the PG or get a PG in the offseason. It’s not like Ben is carrying our offense.

P.S. look at Anthony Edward’s numbers in the last 20 games. Oh and we’re getting an extra pick aside from Edwards (last time that mod drop to our board and offered), and that extra pick can get us some player who can be ready to contribute.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1845 » by 76ciology » Mon May 10, 2021 4:35 pm

Negrodamus wrote:Wow, I do not want Anthony Edwards. I value Ben a little more than that.

Anthony Edwards last 20 games
22ppg 6rpg 4apg
46FG% 36 3pt% and 76FT%

The fact that you dont want to do a deal is a sign that its not a lop sided deal which is a good sign.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#1846 » by Negrodamus » Mon May 10, 2021 5:59 pm

76ciology wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:Wow, I do not want Anthony Edwards. I value Ben a little more than that.

22ppg 6rpg 4apg
46FG% 36 3pt% and 76FT%

The fact that you dont want to do a deal is a sign that its not a lop sided deal which is a good sign.

We have an endless trove of stats, especially the Sixers, that show inflated scoring stats on a bad team is not indicative of future stardom.

Okafor and MCW were 17ppg scorers on higher efficiency than Edwards and they are struggling to stay in the league. Notably absent from you stats is any indication of him being even a marginal defense.

If you want, we can look into Tyreke Evans, he's available (20ppg his rookie season). I don't know if OJ Mayo's suspension is up, but he also had a big rookie scoring year.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1847 » by 76ciology » Mon May 10, 2021 6:03 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
76ciology wrote:

22ppg 6rpg 4apg
46FG% 36 3pt% and 76FT%

We have an endless trove of stats, especially the Sixers, that show inflated scoring stats on a bad team is not indicative of future stardom.

Okafor and MCW were 17ppg scorers on higher efficiency than Edwards and they are struggling to stay in the league. Notably absent from you stats is any indication of him being even a marginal defense.

If you want, we can look into Tyreke Evans, he's available (20ppg his rookie season). I don't know if OJ Mayo's suspension is up, but he also had a big rookie scoring year.

Ok true.

Can they shoot and also create on offense though?

We can’t generalize an archetype. You can’t compare a potential 3 level scoring wing in Edwards to a PG who can’t shoot, can’t run PnR or play ISO. No, im not talking about Ben Simmons. Im talking about MCW.

And if you were to choose between a defensive player and a scorer, you choose the later. And in most times, you’ll get the better player.

If defense was so valuable.. blazers would be calling us for a dame for thybulle trade.

3 seasons ago, we’d never trade Ben for Booker.
Last year, we’d never trade Ben for Ingram.
A couple of months ago, we’d never trade Ben for Randle.

I hope it dont get to the point when we can’t trade Ben for Kelly olynyk (just kidding relax guys)

This league has changed so much that the blueprint to win it is just constantly flooding your roster with guys who can shoot and score. Let natural selection take it place, then mold the team into a winning team by adding role players like Ben.
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#1848 » by Negrodamus » Mon May 10, 2021 6:13 pm

76ciology wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
76ciology wrote:
22ppg 6rpg 4apg
46FG% 36 3pt% and 76FT%

Ok true.

Can they shoot and also create on offense though?

We can generalize an archetype. But if you were to choose between a defensive player and a scorer, you choose the later. And in most times, you’ll get the better player.

If defense was so valuable.. blazers would be calling us for a dame for thybulle trade.

I think that argument lacks nuance. Thybulle is purely a defensive player and we tolerate his offense. It doesn't matter if we put him with Embiid, Ben, Tobias, whatever. He's better with some, but he's still a negative offensive player.

Ben is objectively great on both ends of the court, advanced analytically-wise. He might be having a down year offensively, but our offense is better when he's on the floor over the course of his career.

Being a complete zero on defense has always ended with criticism of not playing winning basketball. Many point to one of Edward's comparison, Andrew Wiggins. I also listed a few guys above that failed to keep their heads above water.

So the intentionally exaggerated trade proposal doesn't really ring true, Dame is one of the best scorers in the league and has been passable on defense for most of his career.

All of that aside, Edwards is a not-so-promising .211 FTr on an extremely high for a rookie 27 USG%. He is clearly a chucker and I'm not sure his scoring efficiency is ever going to make that leap.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,472

Post#1849 » by youngcrev » Mon May 10, 2021 6:13 pm

Foshan wrote:I saw a fan post somewhere Edwards + Rubio + Pick depending on the pick...

haha look at us philly fans... top of the east, winning streak... LET"S BLOW IT UP! lol

:lol:

Yeah, I don't get it.

I mean, I certainly have my doubts about how this team is going to fare in the playoffs, and I'm not completely against the idea of moving Ben... But they're not going to take such drastic steps backwards while Embiid is playing at an MVP level.

If they're trading Ben this off-season it's gonna be for a guy they think can put them over the top, not for a "maybe" down the road.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1850 » by 76ciology » Mon May 10, 2021 6:18 pm

Yeah. i’d also want that. Who wouldn’t? We've talked about guys like Beal or Lavine before. Morey even went hard in trading Ben for Harden. We all wanted that to happen.

But look around.. these guys aren’t available. So we’re exploring the alternatives (plan B). These aren’t the primary options.

And if you look at Ben’s value from his rookie year till now, his value is dropping fast.

Because if not, carry on with the CJ Mccullom and Brogdan trade talks.
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,312

Post#1851 » by DCasey91 » Mon May 10, 2021 8:20 pm

I mean if it’s Antman and the Wolves pick is Jalen Green you can’t turn that down and say no :) that would make it interesting

But I have no interest in Russell, Brogdon, Randle, Sabonis

CJ, Lavine are fine

Ingram, Brown good

Lillard, YES

Beal hard no (One year then declines player option then will be knick off somewhere else, Butler 2.0).

I’m certain CJ could be had without giving up Ben it’s going in full circles now with the trade stuff.

Harris + Milton + 1st for CJ + Roco
Or Harris + Thybulle + 1st CJ + Roco

It’s kind of really obvious.

I’m trying to imagine a left of field type trade a scenario where both youngsters end up here somehow then the potential of the teams ceiling goes through the wazoo because we can cost control the contracts with 2x potential All Star/All NBA players (Ant + Green).
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,106

Post#1852 » by Kobblehead » Mon May 10, 2021 10:40 pm

Ben Simmons, Shake Milton

for

Brandon Ingram, Nickeil Walker, 2022 1st round pick

We add two stud creators that can shoot and a future 1st rounder to continue to bolster the talent.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,721

Post#1853 » by the_process » Tue May 11, 2021 8:10 pm

youngcrev wrote:
Foshan wrote:I saw a fan post somewhere Edwards + Rubio + Pick depending on the pick...

haha look at us philly fans... top of the east, winning streak... LET"S BLOW IT UP! lol

:lol:

Yeah, I don't get it.

I mean, I certainly have my doubts about how this team is going to fare in the playoffs, and I'm not completely against the idea of moving Ben... But they're not going to take such drastic steps backwards while Embiid is playing at an MVP level.

If they're trading Ben this off-season it's gonna be for a guy they think can put them over the top, not for a "maybe" down the road.

Or you might just make the best of a sticky situation, instead of dragging it out and losing even more value. Let’s see how they do in the playoffs.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1854 » by 76ciology » Wed May 12, 2021 6:17 am

Tobi for CJ.
Blazers are OK with this on the trade board.

Milton and Paul Reed for Sexton.
Sexton sounds like having a bad locker room problem with the Cavs.

CJ
Sexton
Thybulle
Ben
Biid

We’d then have CJ and Sexton to give us a potent scoring backcourt to compliment Ben and Biid.
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#1855 » by Negrodamus » Wed May 12, 2021 12:19 pm

Cavs letting another young locker room problem go and he flourished in Houston might give them pause before punting on a 20+ ppg scorer.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,721

Post#1856 » by the_process » Wed May 12, 2021 1:29 pm

76ciology wrote:Tobi for CJ.

CJ
Sexton
Thybulle
Ben
Biid

We’d then have CJ and Sexton to give us a potent scoring backcourt to compliment Ben and Biid.

I don’t see CLE accepting that. And I don’t think Sexton is the problem in that locker room.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,472

Post#1857 » by youngcrev » Wed May 12, 2021 1:42 pm

CJ
Sexton
Thybulle
Ben
Biid

If Cleveland would do that (they wouldn't) I'd skip the CJ deal.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1858 » by 76ciology » Wed May 12, 2021 2:19 pm

youngcrev wrote:

CJ
Sexton
Thybulle
Ben
Biid

If Cleveland would do that (they wouldn't) I'd skip the CJ deal.

What do you think would be a fair deal for Sexton without giving up Ben or CJ?
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1859 » by 76ciology » Wed May 12, 2021 2:20 pm

the_process wrote:

CJ
Sexton
Thybulle
Ben
Biid

I don’t see CLE accepting that. And I don’t think Sexton is the problem in that locker room.

Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,863

Post#1860 » by Stanford » Wed May 12, 2021 2:23 pm

76ciology wrote:
the_process wrote:

CJ
Sexton
Thybulle
Ben
Biid

I don't think that deal exists

Return to Philadelphia 76ers