And1: 13,838

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread: 2020 Offseason 

Post#1901 » by Negrodamus » Wed May 19, 2021 11:56 pm

Kobblehead wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
Wilfried wrote:Tobias + Seth + Shake for Harrison Barnes + Buddy Hield

Please god no.

What about with a pick swap?

If that puts us in Bouknight or Moody territory, I'd consider; but I don't really see this move as something that will get us closer to a championship. Hield and Barnes have no rapport with Ben or Embiid and a rookie, albeit very good one, would not really add anything imminently.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,107

Post#1902 » by Kobblehead » Thu May 20, 2021 1:21 am

Harris is another playoff flop away from me making this deal.

Hield is a lot of things, but he's a fearless slinger with a relentless trigger. Which automatically makes him more desirable than they cautious Curry and Harris protecting their shooting percentages.

Also, picking in the top 10 allows us a chance at an all-level creator like Tre Mann that has allstar upside.
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,939

Post#1903 » by Foshan » Thu May 20, 2021 1:54 am

Negrodamus wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
Please god no.

What about with a pick swap?

If that puts us in Bouknight or Moody territory, I'd consider; but I don't really see this move as something that will get us closer to a championship. Hield and Barnes have no rapport with Ben or Embiid and a rookie, albeit very good one, would not really add anything imminently.

I would say the pick swap would be a must. That is a ton of money to two guys who haven't ever produced winning basketball.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,563

Post#1904 » by 76ciology » Thu May 20, 2021 8:20 am

Kobblehead wrote:Harris is another playoff flop away from me making this deal.

Hield is a lot of things, but he's a fearless slinger with a relentless trigger. Which automatically makes him more desirable than they cautious Curry and Harris protecting their shooting percentages.

Also, picking in the top 10 allows us a chance at an all-level creator like Tre Mann that has allstar upside.

Yup.

What’s Harris edge over Hield? Create and defense.

Do I value Harris’ ability to create and defense? i don’t.

We need a guy like Hield who can jack up bazillion of 3s with good %.

But the problem is Harris is way more valuable than Hield.

How do we compensate the differenc? That top 10 pick.

The top 10 pick also opens up for other options like attaching it to a Ben Simmons trade or a treasure chest of picks and young players package.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Wilfried
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,909

Post#1905 » by Wilfried » Thu May 20, 2021 9:21 am

Let's see what Harris is worth this play-offs (and not only in round 1 and 2, against the easier teams) before we think the guy is an incredible value

I think this deal would help us very much, Hield is a fearless shooter, can drive a bit. Barnes is pretty underrated, good shooter for the 4 position and has more experience than Harris.

The more I look at our team, the more I feel Harris is the odd man. He's good at almost everything, but not good enough at anything to be a championship calibre type of player.

Hield and Barnes would give us more shooting and versatility. We also safe money in the long haul and get more flexibility for future trades.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,563

Post#1906 » by 76ciology » Thu May 20, 2021 10:02 am

Wilfried wrote:

Let's see what Harris is worth this play-offs (and not only in round 1 and 2, against the easier teams) before we think the guy is an incredible value

I think this deal would help us very much, Hield is a fearless shooter, can drive a bit. Barnes is pretty underrated, good shooter for the 4 position and has more experience than Harris.

The more I look at our team, the more I feel Harris is the odd man. He's good at almost everything, but not good enough at anything to be a championship calibre type of player.

Hield and Barnes would give us more shooting and versatility. We also safe money in the long haul and get more flexibility for future trades.

Yup I also think so.

Even if we trade Ben, I’ll still be looking to trade Harris for assets that can glue the new guy and Biid and round up the roster.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,700

Post#1907 » by stormi » Thu May 20, 2021 10:55 pm

Seth upgrade ideas?

Ben conundrum aside, he's my least favorite starter currently on this team. Just too small and limited, like 2017-2019 Redick was, but smaller and without the borderline unguardable two man synergy with Joel Embiid and contested shot making ability.
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,939

Post#1908 » by Foshan » Fri May 21, 2021 2:29 am

stormi wrote:Seth upgrade ideas?

Ben conundrum aside, he's my least favorite starter currently on this team. Just too small and limited, like 2017-2019 Redick was, but smaller and without the borderline unguardable two man synergy with Joel Embiid and contested shot making ability.

I almost wonder if this one isn't staring us in the face. Could Shake be that guy?
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#1909 » by Kobblehead » Fri May 21, 2021 12:46 pm

Depends on what the decision-makers are trying to do.

Are we look for a guy with actual guard skills or just another spot-up shooter.

We have a few spot-up shooters in house (Korkmaz, Joe).
We have a guy with real G skills (Maxey).
We have a guy that can spot up a little bit and dribble and create a little bit (Milton).

Milton is probably the best middle-ground guy to go with.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,196

Post#1910 » by ProcessDoctor » Fri May 21, 2021 1:40 pm

Warming up more to the idea of Harris/Thybulle for CJ/Covington, even though we lose value financially. The make or break would be the feasibility of retaining Covington.

McCollum/Hill/Maxey
Green/Curry/Milton
Covington/FA/Joe
Simmons/FA/pick
Embiid/Howard/Reed
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,447

Post#1911 » by Eyeamok » Fri May 21, 2021 4:09 pm

Foshan wrote:
stormi wrote:Seth upgrade ideas?

I almost wonder if this one isn't staring us in the face. Could Shake be that guy?

I would absolutely love for Shake to be that guy. But Shake is so erratic. He will have stretches where he looks so good and then others where you can say Yeah I can see why you were picked so low. And he may be somewhat of a shrinking violet ! Does he show up for big games ? Can he be counted on? Does he still want to physically challenge Embiid, in the middle of a game where there are people to hold Embiid back, if Embiid calls him out?
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
ProcessDoctor
RealGM

Post#1912 » by ProcessDoctor » Sun May 23, 2021 11:28 pm

Pipedream, but Simmons for Kawhi S&T this summer after LA flops in the 1st round.

Curry/Hill/Maxey
Green/Milton/Joe
Kawhi/Thybulle/FA
Harris/FA/FRP
Embiid/Howard/Reed

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,731

Post#1913 » by the_process » Mon May 24, 2021 12:33 am

ProcessDoctor wrote:Pipedream, but Simmons for Kawhi S&T this summer after LA flops in the 1st round.

Curry/Hill/Maxey
Green/Milton/Joe
Kawhi/Thybulle/FA
Harris/FA/FRP
Embiid/Howard/Reed

Total pipe dream. But I have no idea if Kawhi wants to win or he just wants to be at home. Not sure if Kawhi knows what he wants. That injury in the playoffs back in, 2017?, really messed with his head.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM

Post#1914 » by ProcessDoctor » Mon May 24, 2021 1:02 am

the_process wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:Pipedream, but Simmons for Kawhi S&T this summer after LA flops in the 1st round.

Curry/Hill/Maxey
Green/Milton/Joe
Kawhi/Thybulle/FA
Harris/FA/FRP
Embiid/Howard/Reed

Total pipe dream. But I have no idea if Kawhi wants to win or he just wants to be at home. Not sure if Kawhi knows what he wants. That injury in the playoffs back in, 2017?, really messed with his head.

If PG13 became available, would you swap Ben for him?

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
zaz102
Sixth Man
And1: 806

Post#1915 » by zaz102 » Mon May 24, 2021 1:32 am

ProcessDoctor wrote:
the_process wrote:

Curry/Hill/Maxey
Green/Milton/Joe
Kawhi/Thybulle/FA
Harris/FA/FRP
Embiid/Howard/Reed

I would in a vacuum, but I think the history between him and Doc/Seth makes the question more interesting.
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#1916 » by Negrodamus » Mon May 24, 2021 1:42 am

It all obviously depends on the inner workings of the front offices and the relationships within the teams, but I find it incredibly difficult to create a trade for Ben. It's either teams that suck too much with promising players that they'll likely not want to pull that trigger or older guys whose windows are closing.

I'm alone on this, but I think a (slightly tampering) deal that makes sense is sign and trade DeRozan + either a first or Lonnie Walker for Ben with the promise that Kyle Lowry signs a sweetheart deal. I know Lowry and DeRozan are big friends and would possibly want to play together again.

Lowry
DeRozan
Green/Thybulle
Harris
Embiid

That team slaughters the Wizards today.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#1917 » by Kobblehead » Mon May 24, 2021 1:49 am

Negrodamus wrote:It all obviously depends on the inner workings of the front offices and the relationships within the teams, but I find it incredibly difficult to create a trade for Ben. It's either teams that suck too much with promising players that they'll likely not want to pull that trigger or older guys whose windows are closing.

That's why I think Fox and Ingram are the best and most likely trade targets.

Young creators on $30m+ contracts that happen to be on lotto teams.

Simmons is an impact on winning guy and could help propel those lotto teams to the playoffs.
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#1918 » by Negrodamus » Mon May 24, 2021 3:55 am

Kobblehead wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:It all obviously depends on the inner workings of the front offices and the relationships within the teams, but I find it incredibly difficult to create a trade for Ben. It's either teams that suck too much with promising players that they'll likely not want to pull that trigger or older guys whose windows are closing.

That's why I think Fox and Ingram are the best and most likely trade targets.

Young creators on $30m+ contracts that happen to be on lotto teams.

Simmons is an impact on winning guy and could help propel those lotto teams to the playoffs.

Yea, I just don't see the Pelicans wanting to pair Ben with Zion nor do I think Ben adds anything on offense over what Fox does. He's probably a better defender, but I doubt they value that in Sacramento.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM

Post#1919 » by ProcessDoctor » Mon May 24, 2021 10:36 am

I would honestly consider trading him for LaVine + Thad + a FRP.

Hill/Maxey/Milton
LaVine/Curry/Joe
Green/Thybulle/FRP
Harris/Thad/SRP
Embiid/Howard/Reed

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#1920 » by LloydFree » Mon May 24, 2021 12:36 pm

zaz102 wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:
the_process wrote:

I would in a vacuum, but I think the history between him and Doc/Seth makes the question more interesting.

Doc's daughter/Curry's wife makes that a no go.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down

Return to Philadelphia 76ers