ImageImageImage

Fantasy Trade Thread: 2020 Offseason

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,474

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread: 2020 Offseason 

Post#781 » by youngcrev » Fri Jan 1, 2021 2:59 pm

DCasey91 wrote:I’ve never been a big fan of surrounding both and Embiid & Simmons for shooters and shooters only.

My ideal 3 player combo for the this championship team structure was always in form of a shaq/Kobe/Prime Green hybrid. Also to add to it is both Embiid and Simmons has never played with a veteran pg that can run an offense can shoot & play off ball for their whole career.

George hill, Paul, Lowry, Dragic
With a wing combo player 20ppg 1/2nd option is the ideal type of players to surround the duo.
Think Oladipo/Lavine/Beal type

Lavine & Markannen for Harris, Korkmaz, Milton and a 1st should entice the bulls to make a deal happen.
Harris is the better player now but getting out from under his contract and getting a younger player when his value is at an all time low (extension turned down from the bulls) seems like a no brainer to me.

That makes us 3/4’s of the way there to a championship prototype with only needing a savvy vet point gaurd who can shoot left.

Old pg gaurd - Fisher/Kenny Smith/Lowry 2019 type
Embiid - Shaq/Olajuwon
Lavine - Young discount kobe
Simmons - Suped up Green/Odom

That’s a championship core contender in my eyes at least.

Look at the Lakers winning the chip. No one on that in that starting roster was a one dimensional sharpshooter (some had great 3 point % but it was their size and length and switchability along with a ATG game manager that ploughed through everybody.)

Hill/LaVine both feel like reasonably gettable, helpful targets. Not sure you'd be able to get rid of Tobias in the process, but stacking our expirings plus picks seems possible. Comparing LaVine to any form of Kobe feels like a bit of a stretch, "discount" or not.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,195

Post#782 » by ProcessDoctor » Fri Jan 1, 2021 3:02 pm

LaVine having a rough start to the year. Pretty bad O and D RTGs with pedestrian or below-average shooting numbers. I'd take a stab at him, but buyer beware (and don't overpay).

Really wish we could get Beal without giving up Ben. Sell high on Curry/Green!
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
Sportfan73
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,315

Post#783 » by Sportfan73 » Fri Jan 1, 2021 3:14 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:LaVine having a rough start to the year. Pretty bad O and D RTGs with pedestrian or below-average shooting numbers. I'd take a stab at him, but buyer beware (and don't overpay).

Could we get Lavine and Markkanen without giving up maxey or shake? Green, thybulle, kork(or Ferguson if they’d do it) 2 firsts and 2 seconds?
ProcessDoctor
RealGM

Post#784 » by ProcessDoctor » Fri Jan 1, 2021 3:23 pm

Sportfan73 wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:LaVine having a rough start to the year. Pretty bad O and D RTGs with pedestrian or below-average shooting numbers. I'd take a stab at him, but buyer beware (and don't overpay).

Could we get Lavine and Markkanen without giving up maxey or shake? Green, thybulle, kork(or Ferguson if they’d do it) 2 firsts and 2 seconds?

I don't think they'll view Markkanen as a throw-in. I think it's more likely they want to dump Thad. I'd also be hesitant to give up both Thybulle and Green in a deal since they're our only perimeter defenders outside of Ben. How about:

Green/Curry/Bradley/FRP for LaVine/Thad

Almost feels like an overpay with the way Curry is playing though lol.

Edit: can also take Thad out of the picture and do Green/Maxey/FRP for LaVine

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,312

Post#785 » by DCasey91 » Fri Jan 1, 2021 9:18 pm

youngcrev wrote:
DCasey91 wrote:I’ve never been a big fan of surrounding both and Embiid & Simmons for shooters and shooters only.

My ideal 3 player combo for the this championship team structure was always in form of a shaq/Kobe/Prime Green hybrid. Also to add to it is both Embiid and Simmons has never played with a veteran pg that can run an offense can shoot & play off ball for their whole career.

With a wing combo player 20ppg 1/2nd option is the ideal type of players to surround the duo.

Lavine & Markannen for Harris, Korkmaz, Milton and a 1st should entice the bulls to make a deal happen.
Harris is the better player now but getting out from under his contract and getting a younger player when his value is at an all time low (extension turned down from the bulls) seems like a no brainer to me.

That makes us 3/4’s of the way there to a championship prototype with only needing a savvy vet point gaurd who can shoot left.

Embiid - Shaq/Olajuwon

Look at the Lakers winning the chip. No one on that in that starting roster was a one dimensional sharpshooter (some had great 3 point % but it was their size and length and switchability along with a ATG game manager that ploughed through everybody.)

Hill/LaVine both feel like reasonably gettable, helpful targets. Not sure you'd be able to get rid of Tobias in the process, but stacking our expirings plus picks seems possible. Comparing LaVine to any form of Kobe feels like a bit of a stretch, "discount" or not.

Even Thybulle would be available its just that
That those two players a real pg or a wing combo guard 20/5/5 guy we’ve only really had one once in Butler.

Yeah your right Discount Kobe is a stretch but that core of a:

Vet guard that shoot & play off ball
Combo wing 20+ppg 5 assists
3 & D
DPOY Wing
DPOY MVP Center

That team >>>>>>>>>>>> Ben + shooters

Look at how complimentary that setup is. I believe that’s the ideal makeup.
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#786 » by youngcrev » Fri Jan 1, 2021 9:44 pm

DCasey91 wrote:
youngcrev wrote:

Embiid - Shaq/Olajuwon

Even Thybulle would be available its just that
That those two players a real pg or a wing combo guard 20/5/5 guy we’ve only really had one once in Butler.

Yeah your right Discount Kobe is a stretch but that core of a:

Vet guard that shoot & play off ball
Combo wing 20+ppg 5 assists
3 & D
DPOY Wing
DPOY MVP Center

That team >>>>>>>>>>>> Ben + shooters

Look at how complimentary that setup is. I believe that’s the ideal makeup.

I think a high end perimeter, playmaking/scoring option is the ideal archetype to pair with Ben and Jo. Get the best guy you can that fits that mold, and then surround them with the right combination of shooting and defense. I'm less concerned about where guys land positionally and care more about skill set.
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#787 » by DCasey91 » Fri Jan 1, 2021 9:57 pm

That’s 100% correct hindsight is a wonderful thing but imagine both having an actual pg or a very good perimeter threat that can give you 20/5 a night.

It would essentially boost both strengths and mitigate their weaknesses big time. Having only got one for half a season in 4 years is more on the 76rs front office then the duo themselves.
Kukoc-Lauri
Bench Warmer
And1: 414

Post#788 » by Kukoc-Lauri » Sat Jan 2, 2021 11:26 am

I am Bulls fan. Let's do this trade. Lavine, Otto Porter expiring 28,5, Arcidiacono expiring 3,5 for Tobias Harris, Thybulle,Maxey and two first round picks. Thybulle is must. W/w trade Sixers becomes real contender not pretenders we go for Cade and retooling rebouild.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#789 » by LloydFree » Sat Jan 2, 2021 12:53 pm

Kukoc-Lauri wrote:I am Bulls fan. Let's do this trade. Lavine, Otto Porter expiring 28,5, Arcidiacono expiring 3,5 for Tobias Harris, Thybulle,Maxey and two first round picks. Thybulle is must. W/w trade Sixers becomes real contender not pretenders we go for Cade and retooling rebouild.

How does a trade like that help the 76ers? The 76ers are just flushing 1st round picks in order to go from having a 20ppg PF to 20ppg SG. Lavine is trash. No contender is going to give up significant assets for Lavine. He gives up as much as he gets, every game. The whole league knows it.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
ProcessDoctor
RealGM

Post#790 » by ProcessDoctor » Sat Jan 2, 2021 1:36 pm

Kukoc-Lauri wrote:I am Bulls fan. Let's do this trade. Lavine, Otto Porter expiring 28,5, Arcidiacono expiring 3,5 for Tobias Harris, Thybulle,Maxey and two first round picks. Thybulle is must. W/w trade Sixers becomes real contender not pretenders we go for Cade and retooling rebouild.

Take out Arcianado, Thybulle, and one first and you have a deal. LaVine looking pretty pedestrian lately, and even last year he was a high volume scorer on a bad team.

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,700

Post#791 » by stormi » Sat Jan 2, 2021 1:36 pm

I'd give up assets for Lowry before I did for Lavine. I think he'd be dynamite with Jo & Ben (or Harden).

Interested in Otto Porter Jr though from Chicago.
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#792 » by youngcrev » Sat Jan 2, 2021 1:45 pm

stormi wrote:I'd give up assets for Lowry before I did for Lavine. I think he'd be dynamite with Jo & Ben (or Harden).

Lowry would be great, though I don't expect them to stay down in the standings like the Bulls, so I'm not sure how available he'd be and at what cost (plus he's got a pretty big salary, and I don't see them taking Tobias).

But yeah, if we could stack our expirings and throw a pick or 2 at them, I'd definitely be down.

Porter Jr looks really slow out there when I've seen him. Wondering if those injuries have take a toll on his defense. That's another big salary to try to match too, so I guess it would depend on the cost. I don't think he'd be a difference maker here though.
Kukoc-Lauri
Bench Warmer
And1: 414

Post#793 » by Kukoc-Lauri » Sat Jan 2, 2021 2:16 pm

Lavine is much better fit than Harris so as Porter and they complemented Simmons perfectly. No deal in that case, because except Ben,Joel and to way less degree Thybulle all other Sixers assets are basically awful contracts or pure trash. Bulls declined last year Beasley,Harris and Juancho so Lavine, even i am not biggest fan, clearly have value arround league.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,107

Post#794 » by Kobblehead » Sat Jan 2, 2021 2:56 pm

I'd rather have Coby White as a center piece. Way better ball handler and halfcourt scorer than Lavine.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM

Post#795 » by ProcessDoctor » Sat Jan 2, 2021 3:08 pm

Revised Harden trade with Denver:

DEN out: G. Harris, Porter, 2021 FRP, 2025 FRP
DEN in: Simmons

HOU out: Harden, Tucker
HOU in: G. Harris, Porter, Maxey, Scott, DEN 2021 FRP, DEN 2025 FRP

PHI out: Simmons, Scott, Maxey
PHI in: Harden, Tucker

Harden(34)/Milton(14)
Curry(28)/Milton(10)/Thybulle(10)
Green(24)/Tucker(14)/Thybulle(10)
Harris(34)/Tucker(14)
Embiid(30)/Howard(18)

Harden/Milton/FA
Curry/Korkmaz/Joe
Green/Thybulle/Ferguson
Harris/Tucker
Embiid/Howard/Bradley/Poirer

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
KramerDSP
Sixth Man
And1: 906

Post#796 » by KramerDSP » Sat Jan 2, 2021 7:30 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:Revised Harden trade with Denver:

Harden(34)/Milton(14)
Harris(34)/Tucker(14)
Embiid(30)/Howard(18)

Harden/Milton/FA
Curry/Korkmaz/Joe
Green/Thybulle/Ferguson
Harris/Tucker

Seems like Houston would want at least one more pick and/or swap, if not both.
"I don’t wanna be Jordan, I don’t wanna be Magic, I don’t wanna be Bird or Isiah. I don’t wanna be any of those guys. When my career’s over, I''m gonna look in the mirror and say I did it my way.”- Allen Iverson
Phillyboy
Analyst
And1: 19

Post#797 » by Phillyboy » Sat Jan 2, 2021 10:32 pm

DCasey91 wrote:That’s 100% correct hindsight is a wonderful thing but imagine both having an actual pg or a very good perimeter threat that can give you 20/5 a night.

It would essentially boost both strengths and mitigate their weaknesses big time. Having only got one for half a season in 4 years is more on the 76rs front office then the duo themselves.

How about a 20/5/5 guy like Oladipo? Playing well and looking healthy. And he (and others that could fit the third star mode) could be a very nice plan B that shouldn't cost Simmons to get. How would we like to be able to keep both our stars and add a third?

If getting Harden breaks the bank now or mortgages our future later without a high confidence that bringing him here gets us a title shot, then I'd be looking at other options including standing pat if necessary.
Be a thinker. Not a stinker- Apollo Creed
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,107

Post#798 » by Kobblehead » Sat Jan 2, 2021 11:01 pm

Phillyboy wrote:
DCasey91 wrote:That’s 100% correct hindsight is a wonderful thing but imagine both having an actual pg or a very good perimeter threat that can give you 20/5 a night.

How about a 20/5/5 guy like Oladipo? Playing well and looking healthy. And he (and others that could fit the third star mode) could be a very nice plan B that shouldn't cost Simmons to get. How would we like to be able to keep both our stars and add a third?

If getting Harden breaks the bank now or mortgages our future later without a high confidence that bringing him here gets us a title shot, then I'd be looking at other options including standing pat if necessary.

Be wary of Oladipo. They are running a TON of offense for him to reach those 20+ ppg. His production is about as fake as it gets, right now.

Brogdon is the only player in Indiana playing like a star.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM

Post#799 » by ProcessDoctor » Sat Jan 2, 2021 11:33 pm

KramerDSP wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:Revised Harden trade with Denver:

Harden(34)/Milton(14)
Harris(34)/Tucker(14)
Embiid(30)/Howard(18)

Harden/Milton/FA
Curry/Korkmaz/Joe
Green/Thybulle/Ferguson
Harris/Tucker

Seems like Houston would want at least one more pick and/or swap, if not both.

I would maybe offer our 23 OR 24 swap? We’d possibly be bidding against ourselves though. Nets don’t have what it takes, Boston is too cheap, and I don’t envision Masai actively pursuing him.

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#800 » by DCasey91 » Sat Jan 2, 2021 11:59 pm

youngcrev wrote:
stormi wrote:I'd give up assets for Lowry before I did for Lavine. I think he'd be dynamite with Jo & Ben (or Harden).

Lowry would be great, though I don't expect them to stay down in the standings like the Bulls, so I'm not sure how available he'd be and at what cost (plus he's got a pretty big salary, and I don't see them taking Tobias).

But yeah, if we could stack our expirings and throw a pick or 2 at them, I'd definitely be down.

Porter Jr looks really slow out there when I've seen him. Wondering if those injuries have take a toll on his defense. That's another big salary to try to match too, so I guess it would depend on the cost. I don't think he'd be a difference maker here though.

Actually thinking about it more now Lowry would be a better option.

Though my first priority would be to land Harden as that’s a once in a lifetime opportunity and there’s a good chance we have the package to make it work

Embiid + Harden superseeds any makeup/ combonation of this team bar none

Trade target priorities

1. Harden
2. Lowry
3. Beal/Lavine/Oladipo

All other smaller trades come way later for needs purposes only.
Go for the top first and then work your way down

Return to Philadelphia 76ers