Fantasy Trade Thread: 2020 Offseason

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,729

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread: 2020 Offseason 

Post#921 » by the_process » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:49 am

Kobblehead wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:Looking at Maxey, Milton, and Curry I wonder if we should be looking for a 2-way wing instead of guard in a Simmons trade.

Scoring F is the way to go, IMO.

Only one available is probably DeRozan.

Paul George might get to the market, eventually.

I don't think Glenn is keen on having PG13 back again. Ever.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,107

Post#922 » by Kobblehead » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:10 am

the_process wrote:Wonder what kind of package Detroit would offer for Ben.

Weird team for us to salary match with.

They probably wouldn't want to deal Grant. I wouldn't really want him, tbh.

We'd need to take on Plumlee to even get close to matching Ben's $29m.

I love Rose and Wright as help now pieces, though. And Bey has a chance to be one of those ultra rare shotcreation Fs in this league.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,474

Post#923 » by youngcrev » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:13 am

What on their roster could you possibly want for Ben? Or are you thinking a deal where we 100 1sts and flip them elsewhere?
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Post#924 » by 51X3RF4N » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:22 am

Kobblehead wrote:

Weird team for us to salary match with.

They probably wouldn't want to deal Grant. I wouldn't really want him, tbh.

We'd need to take on Plumlee to even get close to matching Ben's $29m.

I love Rose and Wright as help now pieces, though. And Bey has a chance to be one of those ultra rare shotcreation Fs in this league.
Plumlee would be a solid Dwight replacement for the following 2 seasons, but relegates Dwight or Plumlee to playing very few minutes unless it's a night where Embiid is sitting for this year.

I'd love to get Bey. He would be a perfect backup 3/4 over Mike Scott, and could develop into yet another young talent around Embiid.

Maxey, Milton, Joe, Thybulle, Bey, Reed is one heck of a youth movement.

Problem is salary. Would you do Ben, Furkan, Ferguson, Scott and Poirier for Griffin, Plumlee, Bey, Stewart, and 2 future firsts??

Flip Griffins expiring in the off-season for a few vets on smaller longer term deals?

2021 would look something like:

Embiid/Plumlee/Stewart
Harris/Vet/Reed
Bey/Thybulle/Vet
Milton/Joe/Vet
Maxey/Curry/Draft

With extra picks to use for more depth

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
the_process
RealGM

Post#925 » by the_process » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:27 am

youngcrev wrote:

What on their roster could you possibly want for Ben? Or are you thinking a deal where we 100 1sts and flip them elsewhere?

I don't have anything specific in mind, that's why I floated it out there that way. But a Nets-type pick package with Saddiq Bey attached would certainly get my attention.
the_process
RealGM

Post#926 » by the_process » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:52 am

A guy who is quickly becoming unneeded with the emergence of Maxey and Milton is Seth Curry.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,562

Post#927 » by 76ciology » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:37 am

the_process wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:Looking at Maxey, Milton, and Curry I wonder if we should be looking for a 2-way wing instead of guard in a Simmons trade.

Scoring F is the way to go, IMO.

Only one available is probably DeRozan.

Paul George might get to the market, eventually.

I don't think Glenn is keen on having PG13 back again. Ever.

:lol:

Im sure Glenn wants to lock up the locker room (for some “counseling”) with PG against Seth, Himself and D12.

Poirier guards the door and make sure nobody comes in. Like one of those James Bond movies
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,866

Post#928 » by Stanford » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:45 pm

the_process wrote:A guy who is quickly becoming unneeded with the emergence of Maxey and Milton is Seth Curry.

This team works so much better with Seth Curry on the floor. He unlocks so much of what Joel can do.
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant

Post#929 » by 51X3RF4N » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:35 pm

Stanford wrote:
the_process wrote:A guy who is quickly becoming unneeded with the emergence of Maxey and Milton is Seth Curry.

This team works so much better with Seth Curry on the floor. He unlocks so much of what Joel can do.
Agreed. The emergence of Reese's Shake doesn't necessarily mean we don't need depth at the Guard position.

I'm coming around to the idea of a rotation that looks like:

PG- Curry/Maxey
SG- Milton/Joe

This keeps at least 1 very good catch and shoot guy on the floor with 1 ball handler/pull up shot taker.

I know the depth in this scenario is very young and inexperienced, but you could also run some Korkmaz/Danny at the SG at times.

Ben is clearly a SF/PF in the rotation based on the performance of the young guards.

If anything, the emergence of Reese's Shake means Ben is no longer needed to create in the half court which is great news.

But also, there's no reason not to go after a top tier star perimeter creater/shooter/scorer who could start over Shake.

If your bench is Maxey/Shake/Green/Howard ...shoot man that's a truly deep competitive team.

Starters would be:

Curry/Trade/Trade/Harris/Joel

What kind of return can Ben + Korkmaz + Thybulle + Scott + Poirier + Ferguson get you?

Targeting an upgraded backup stretch 4, a starting scoring guard, starting 3&D wing, and deep bench PG.

Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant

Post#930 » by 51X3RF4N » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:21 pm

I keep coming back to the idea of Ben to Portland for CJ and Cov...

Why?

Mainly because they can both hit shots and it's 2 starters for 1.

Also, Embiid would be fully featured as the main man in the offense with 4 shooters and 2 creators around him.

What else would Portland need to include to make value fair? Anything that can be sent to a 3rd team?

I also wonder what PHX would ask for if we targeted Cam Johnson or Dario. They are playing fairly similar roles right now, and maybe one could be on the block for the right price? Maybe they value Thybulle because they lack wing defenders? His dad lives in PHX too I believe.

If you're trading Ben Simmons, I think you need more than CJ and Cov in return. Cam Johnson would get it done in my mind.

But what firepower does Portland even have to give?

Sixers send out Ferguson, Poirier, Simmons, Scott, Thybulle and Korkmaz...

Get back CJ, Cov, Cam, and E'twaun Moore

Embiid/Howard/Bradley
Harris/Cam/Reed
Cov/Green
CJ/Milton/Joe
Curry/Maxey/Moore

Call up Reed to sign a 4 year deal like Shake did, sign a wing to complete the roster or keep the spot open for potential future moves.

Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
jbent87
Veteran
And1: 1,202

Post#931 » by jbent87 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:51 pm

51X3RF4N wrote:
Stanford wrote:

Agreed. The emergence of Reese's Shake doesn't necessarily mean we don't need depth at the Guard position.

PG- Curry/Maxey
SG- Milton/Joe

This keeps at least 1 very good catch and shoot guy on the floor with 1 ball handler/pull up shot taker.

I know the depth in this scenario is very young and inexperienced, but you could also run some Korkmaz/Danny at the SG at times.

Ben is clearly a SF/PF in the rotation based on the performance of the young guards.

If anything, the emergence of Reese's Shake means Ben is no longer needed to create in the half court which is great news.

But also, there's no reason not to go after a top tier star perimeter creater/shooter/scorer who could start over Shake.

If your bench is Maxey/Shake/Green/Howard ...shoot man that's a truly deep competitive team.

Starters would be:

What kind of return can Ben + Korkmaz + Thybulle + Scott + Poirier + Ferguson get you?

Targeting an upgraded backup stretch 4, a starting scoring guard, starting 3&D wing, and deep bench PG.

I'm not necessarily there yet with you on being confident enough to trade Simmons. But I tried to bold some of where my head is at... this last week or so with the covid shortened rosters has really shown us this team is deeper than we realized. And while I also may not be ready to move on from Curry, Isaiah Joe should absolutely take over Furkans minutes going forward. I would be very curious to see what a Thybulle/Korkmaz/Scott combination can get you back in a trade and hope Morey's exploring some of that.
Sportfan73
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,315

Post#932 » by Sportfan73 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:58 pm

jbent87 wrote:
51X3RF4N wrote:
Stanford wrote:

PG- Curry/Maxey
SG- Milton/Joe

Starters would be:

I'm not necessarily there yet with you on being confident enough to trade Simmons. But I tried to bold some of where my head is at... this last week or so with the covid shortened rosters has really shown us this team is deeper than we realized. And while I also may not be ready to move on from Curry, Isaiah Joe should absolutely take over Furkans minutes going forward. I would be very curious to see what a Thybulle/Korkmaz/Scott combination can get you back in a trade and hope Morey's exploring some of that.

I think you have to add green to that. We can’t let his fifteen mil just expire. We need to use the money
jbent87
Veteran
And1: 1,202

Post#933 » by jbent87 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:54 pm

Sportfan73 wrote:
jbent87 wrote:
51X3RF4N wrote:Agreed. The emergence of Reese's Shake doesn't necessarily mean we don't need depth at the Guard position.

PG- Curry/Maxey
SG- Milton/Joe

Starters would be:

I think you have to add green to that. We can’t let his fifteen mil just expire. We need to use the money

I guess I wouldn't want to give up both Green and Thybulle. I think depth is going to be important this season more than ever and we're in a really good spot at the moment. I just simply want to consolidate for an upgrade, and adding Green to that group feels closer to a purge. Fair point with his contract though.
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant

Post#934 » by 51X3RF4N » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:07 pm

Sportfan73 wrote:
jbent87 wrote:
51X3RF4N wrote:Agreed. The emergence of Reese's Shake doesn't necessarily mean we don't need depth at the Guard position.

PG- Curry/Maxey
SG- Milton/Joe

Starters would be:

This is a really interesting argument. Green brings really good leadership and championship experience to this team. He has won the past 2 rings as a starter.

Trading him, you wouldn't really get as much in return as you'd probably hope for.

But at the same time, letting him walk for nothing next year (or retire) doesn't make sense cap wise because the money just kind of goes away since you can't really spend it.

Very tough call to make. I think Daryl holds onto him unless there's an offer he can't refuse that includes Danny going out.

Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
zaz102
Sixth Man
And1: 806

Post#935 » by zaz102 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:15 pm

51X3RF4N wrote:
Sportfan73 wrote:
jbent87 wrote:

This is a really interesting argument. Green brings really good leadership and championship experience to this team. He has won the past 2 rings as a starter.

Trading him, you wouldn't really get as much in return as you'd probably hope for.

But at the same time, letting him walk for nothing next year (or retire) doesn't make sense cap wise because the money just kind of goes away since you can't really spend it.

Very tough call to make. I think Daryl holds onto him unless there's an offer he can't refuse that includes Danny going out.

Would they be able to re-sign Green? Not sure if they want to go that route though.

If they cant find a decent trade this year, they can have him for a run this year and potentially try to trade him next year or have him for another run.
Bruin
RealGM
And1: 38,627

Post#936 » by Bruin » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:58 pm

Don’t think the package would need to be as heavy but just thought I’d post this here

the_process
RealGM

Post#937 » by the_process » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:40 am

51X3RF4N wrote:
Stanford wrote:

PG- Curry/Maxey
SG- Milton/Joe

If that’s your backcourt... you cannot trade Ben or Thybulle. Someone has to play defense. Seems to me it would be far better if Milton plays the “Curry role”, and then they go get a two way PG like Conley or Lowry to pair with him in the backcourt. Maxey comes off the bench.

Green, Curry, Thybulle, and two 2nds for Lowry (I imagine it would be a 3 way and Curry would go elsewhere for a pick or something, but let the Raptors figure that out)

Also that assumes either Lowry signs an extension, or Morey and the agent come to an understanding of a framework on a deal for the offseason.

Lowry/Maxey
Milton/Joe
Simmons/Korkmaz
Harris/Scott
Embiid/Howard

EDIT: I just watched the above video. :lol: Maxey, Thybulle, 2 1sts, and a swap?!? That’s insanity.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,836

Post#938 » by Negrodamus » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:48 am

PrinceAli wrote:Don’t think the package would need to be as heavy but just thought I’d post this here

"As heavy"?

The trade would have to be centered around Tobias Harris or it would have to be a collection of Green, Curry, Scott, and someone else for us to do it. Raptors aren't getting Maxey, Shake, or Ben for an old point guard on his final year. Probably wouldn't get picks either.
Bruin
RealGM
And1: 38,627

Post#939 » by Bruin » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:30 am

Negrodamus wrote:
PrinceAli wrote:Don’t think the package would need to be as heavy but just thought I’d post this here

"As heavy"?

The trade would have to be centered around Tobias Harris or it would have to be a collection of Green, Curry, Scott, and someone else for us to do it. Raptors aren't getting Maxey, Shake, or Ben for an old point guard on his final year. Probably wouldn't get picks either.

Raptors wouldn’t want Tobias anyways. It would probably be along the lines of Danny, Maxey/Milton/Thybulle, and a 1st. No need for Curry or Scott or whatever. Danny plus one of those youngsters fit in the trade checker

To think a pick wouldn’t be involved is selling Lowry short. Lowry is still playing like an all star and fits your team like a glove and there aren’t many other realistic floor generals that could be traded for this season. And the package Bucks had to pay for Holiday kind of set the precedent of value for a guy of that level. Raptors probably get just 1 first rounder in a Lowry instead of the 3 that it took for Holiday just cause of Lowrys age. Otherwise the style of Kyles game should let him still be playing at a high level for 2-3 more years
the_process
RealGM

Post#940 » by the_process » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:30 am

NOP gets Curry and Bradley
PHI gets Redick and Conley
UTA gets Green, Ferguson, Scott, Thybulle, and 2021 LAL 1st via NOP

Sign Ilyasova and Anderson to minimum deals

Conley/Maxey
Milton/Redick/Joe/Mathis*
Simmons/Korkmaz/Anderson