ImageImageImage

MOREY!!!!!

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

ankle420breaker
General Manager
Posts: 8,229
And1: 1,358
Joined: Sep 21, 2005
Location: South Jersey

Re: MOREY!!!!! 

Post#161 » by ankle420breaker » Mon Nov 2, 2020 8:54 pm

Biggest takeaway was Morey casually mentioning that Embiid has been doing two-a-days at the facility.

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 45,139
And1: 9,546
Joined: Feb 07, 2005
Location: Parts Unknown
   

Re: MOREY!!!!! 

Post#162 » by Stanford » Mon Nov 2, 2020 9:11 pm

"Hey Daryl, how bout that tweet about Hong Kong?"

"I'm really proud of what the NBA was able to do in the bubble"
Image
the_process
RealGM
Posts: 18,904
And1: 4,573
Joined: May 01, 2010

Re: MOREY!!!!! 

Post#163 » by the_process » Mon Nov 2, 2020 10:12 pm

I liked how Elton took credit for all of the hires prior to Morey, including Glenn.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
Posts: 31,131
And1: 13,230
Joined: Jan 25, 2005

Re: MOREY!!!!! 

Post#164 » by Sixerscan » Mon Nov 2, 2020 10:13 pm

Stanford wrote:I believe that Brand is fine with the Morey thing and may have urged ownership to go after him. I also found all of his answers super uncomfortable, like he was given a prepared list of responses and told to use them.

Well the first question he got was from a Sixers social media person so yeah that was probably at least discussed before.
the_process
RealGM
Posts: 18,904
And1: 4,573
Joined: May 01, 2010

Re: MOREY!!!!! 

Post#165 » by the_process » Mon Nov 2, 2020 10:16 pm

Morey definitely focused on Jo as the number one star on the team. Good to see that the execs on this team will be using common sense again.
youngcrev
RealGM
Posts: 22,566
And1: 4,696
Joined: Jun 12, 2005
Location: Philadelphia(ish)
   

Re: MOREY!!!!! 

Post#166 » by youngcrev » Mon Nov 2, 2020 10:52 pm

Daryl clearly wasn't aware the "collaborative" has become a bad word here.
the_process
RealGM
Posts: 18,904
And1: 4,573
Joined: May 01, 2010

Re: MOREY!!!!! 

Post#167 » by the_process » Mon Nov 2, 2020 11:00 pm

youngcrev wrote:Daryl clearly wasn't aware the "collaborative" has become a bad word here.


Then Morey said "who has final say? That would be me, and Doc, the people on this stage..." LOL

Deferring to Josh I suppose. Josh did clearly identify Morey as the head of basketball ops, though. I just can't believe Morey came here to be a figurehead.
eyeatoma
RealGM
Posts: 13,276
And1: 1,889
Joined: Feb 25, 2005
Location: An Indian in Indonesia
     

Re: MOREY!!!!! 

Post#168 » by eyeatoma » Mon Nov 2, 2020 11:16 pm

the_process wrote:Morey definitely focused on Jo as the number one star on the team. Good to see that the execs on this team will be using common sense again.
Yeah I found that very interesting, and in my opinion telling, that if at some point if we do trade someone it's going to be Ben. He said Jo is the type of player you have on your team when you win championships. That doesn't take away from the value of Ben. I feel we can make it work with both players. He definitely leaned more on the Jo side. It'll be interesting to see how Ben feels about that lol.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
Posts: 31,131
And1: 13,230
Joined: Jan 25, 2005

Re: MOREY!!!!! 

Post#169 » by Sixerscan » Mon Nov 2, 2020 11:26 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
the_process wrote:Morey definitely focused on Jo as the number one star on the team. Good to see that the execs on this team will be using common sense again.
Yeah I found that very interesting, and in my opinion telling, that if at some point if we do trade someone it's going to be Ben. He said Jo is the type of player you have on your team to when you win championships. That doesn't take away from the value of Ben. I feel we can make it work with both players. He definitely leaned more on the Jo side. It'll be interesting to see how been feels about that lol.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk


Hmm seems like a bit of a stre-

Read on Twitter


Oh.
eyeatoma
RealGM
Posts: 13,276
And1: 1,889
Joined: Feb 25, 2005
Location: An Indian in Indonesia
     

Re: MOREY!!!!! 

Post#170 » by eyeatoma » Mon Nov 2, 2020 11:27 pm

Sixerscan wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
the_process wrote:Morey definitely focused on Jo as the number one star on the team. Good to see that the execs on this team will be using common sense again.
Yeah I found that very interesting, and in my opinion telling, that if at some point if we do trade someone it's going to be Ben. He said Jo is the type of player you have on your team to when you win championships. That doesn't take away from the value of Ben. I feel we can make it work with both players. He definitely leaned more on the Jo side. It'll be interesting to see how been feels about that lol.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk


Hmm seems like a bit of a stre-

Read on Twitter


Oh.
Haaaaaa

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
eyeatoma
RealGM
Posts: 13,276
And1: 1,889
Joined: Feb 25, 2005
Location: An Indian in Indonesia
     

Re: MOREY!!!!! 

Post#171 » by eyeatoma » Mon Nov 2, 2020 11:29 pm

User avatar
ProcessDoctor
Head Coach
Posts: 6,105
And1: 2,353
Joined: Jul 02, 2006
   

Re: MOREY!!!!! 

Post#172 » by ProcessDoctor » Tue Nov 3, 2020 1:29 am

Still think he's gonna trade Ben for Harden.
2020-2021 Philadelphia 76ers:

Simmons/Milton/Maxey
Curry/Korkmaz/Joe
Green/Thybulle/Ferguson
Harris/Scott/Reed
Embiid/Howard/Bradley
davesilver
Sophomore
Posts: 140
And1: 78
Joined: Aug 14, 2020
         

Re: MOREY!!!!! 

Post#173 » by davesilver » Tue Nov 3, 2020 1:55 am

ProcessDoctor wrote:Still think he's gonna trade Ben for Harden.


Same and I’m all for it
eyeatoma
RealGM
Posts: 13,276
And1: 1,889
Joined: Feb 25, 2005
Location: An Indian in Indonesia
     

Re: MOREY!!!!! 

Post#174 » by eyeatoma » Tue Nov 3, 2020 2:19 am

If it's not for Harden, it'll be Bradley Beal.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 45,139
And1: 9,546
Joined: Feb 07, 2005
Location: Parts Unknown
   

Re: MOREY!!!!! 

Post#175 » by Stanford » Tue Nov 3, 2020 4:10 am

eyeatoma wrote:If it's not for Harden, it'll be Bradley Beal.


God, I hope not.
Image
eyeatoma
RealGM
Posts: 13,276
And1: 1,889
Joined: Feb 25, 2005
Location: An Indian in Indonesia
     

Re: MOREY!!!!! 

Post#176 » by eyeatoma » Tue Nov 3, 2020 4:44 am

Stanford wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:If it's not for Harden, it'll be Bradley Beal.


God, I hope not.
Why don't you like Beal lol.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
User avatar
stormi
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,956
And1: 1,392
Joined: Jun 04, 2019
Location: Blasia
     

Re: MOREY!!!!! 

Post#177 » by stormi » Tue Nov 3, 2020 4:57 am

Ew Beal... Harden or keep Ben.
User avatar
76ciology
RealGM
Posts: 44,144
And1: 13,867
Joined: Jun 06, 2002
Contact:

Re: MOREY!!!!! 

Post#178 » by 76ciology » Tue Nov 3, 2020 5:00 am

Sixerscan wrote:
76ciology wrote:Boring presscon if not for spike eskin :lol:

Spike was on the press conference? I think you mean Howard, who is Spike's father and has been on Philly sports radio for years.


I mean howard hahaha
“Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there is absolutely no point.”
User avatar
76ciology
RealGM
Posts: 44,144
And1: 13,867
Joined: Jun 06, 2002
Contact:

Re: MOREY!!!!! 

Post#179 » by 76ciology » Tue Nov 3, 2020 5:06 am

davesilver wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:Still think he's gonna trade Ben for Harden.


Same and I’m all for it


Same..

And looking at the trend..

Brett “Ben’s Attorney” Brown..
FO Guys who drafted Ben..

Maybe it’s really an end of an era.

Personally, I’d give Doc a chance to make it work. But boy..

Harden and Biid. How can you pass that one up? That’s a once in a lifetime type move

Just think about it. We could have a championship already if we had traded Ben for Kawhi. Then maybe Jimmy would have stayed if Kawhi walks.

“Opportunity is not a lengthy visitor”... hmmm
“Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there is absolutely no point.”
User avatar
76ciology
RealGM
Posts: 44,144
And1: 13,867
Joined: Jun 06, 2002
Contact:

Re: MOREY!!!!! 

Post#180 » by 76ciology » Tue Nov 3, 2020 5:09 am

eyeatoma wrote:If it's not for Harden, it'll be Bradley Beal.


I think Morey has high standards on his top 2 players. Like both has to be superstars or MVP caliber talent. I don’t think Ben or Beal are.
“Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there is absolutely no point.”

Return to Philadelphia 76ers