Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,051

Re: Fixing the Mess Pt. 2 Sixers Offseason 

Post#2081 » by Sixerscan » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:49 pm

Arsenal wrote:1) You can't combine trade exceptions with anything

2) We CAN'T do a sign and trade because our team salary is way too high. All this talk about Bogdan is totally useless. We can't get him even if we wanted him.

1) Yes

2) It's not impossible especially with Morey but it's very unlikely we could get enough under the hard cap and still be able to give Bogdon the salary he probably wants.
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,957

Post#2082 » by ankle420breaker » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:53 pm

Feeling more and more like an Austin Rivers signing is imminent.

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
Sportfan73
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,315

Post#2083 » by Sportfan73 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:57 pm

Sixerscan wrote:

2) We CAN'T do a sign and trade because our team salary is way too high. All this talk about Bogdan is totally useless. We can't get him even if we wanted him.

1) Yes

2) It's not impossible especially with Morey but it's very unlikely we could get enough under the hard cap and still be able to give Bogdon the salary he probably wants.

Unless Tobias is going out
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,051

Post#2084 » by Sixerscan » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:58 pm

Sportfan73 wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:

1) Yes

Unless Tobias is going out

I would file that under "very unlikely"
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,446

Post#2085 » by youngcrev » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:59 pm

Just saw a report that Fournier wants a trade. If we pulled that into the OKC deal, I think we could do something like Zhaire and a re-routed Ferguson for him and have it be a legal deal. Not sure what type of draft capital would be needed (saves the Magic about 10M immediately).
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,089

Post#2086 » by Kobblehead » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:12 pm

youngcrev wrote:Just saw a report that Fournier wants a trade. If we pulled that into the OKC deal, I think we could do something like Zhaire and a re-routed Ferguson for him and have it be a legal deal. Not sure what type of draft capital would be needed (saves the Magic about 10M immediately).

What's the sales pitch for bringing Fournier in as a key piece for the Sixers?
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,957

Post#2087 » by ankle420breaker » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:22 pm

Elfrid back to NY. PG well getting shallow.

ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,470

Post#2088 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:27 pm

Shabazz Napier, Matthew Dellavedova if we're looking merely at a Neto replacement. Jeff Teague would be cool too.
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#2089 » by youngcrev » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:46 pm

Kobblehead wrote:
youngcrev wrote:Just saw a report that Fournier wants a trade. If we pulled that into the OKC deal, I think we could do something like Zhaire and a re-routed Ferguson for him and have it be a legal deal. Not sure what type of draft capital would be needed (saves the Magic about 10M immediately).

He'd probably be the best on ball, perimeter playmaker on the team. Maybe the best movement shooter as well. Passable defender. Probably would be the 4th best player on the team and fits well.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#2090 » by LloydFree » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:48 pm

Orlando is going to take that trash for Fournier. That guy has value. He's at least as good as Bogdonovich, so I guarantee teams would bid for him.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
freshie2
RealGM
And1: 599

Post#2091 » by freshie2 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:58 pm

ankle420breaker wrote:Elfrid back to NY. PG well getting shallow.

Scott to NYK for Smith or Frank...PG addressed
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#2092 » by Kobblehead » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:02 am

youngcrev wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:

He'd probably be the best on ball, perimeter playmaker on the team. Maybe the best movement shooter as well. Passable defender. Probably would be the 4th best player on the team and fits well.

He can shoot well and pass a little bit, but his ability to create off the dribble is pretty overstated IMO. And he's definitely deficient as a defender, from what I can see.

I just think the more guys like Evan Fournier and Tobias Harris you feature in your offense, the less serious you are about actually competing for a title.
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#2093 » by youngcrev » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:04 am

LloydFree wrote:

Orlando is going to take that trash for Fournier. That guy has value. He's at least as good as Bogdonovich, so I guarantee teams would bid for him.

Moreso wondering what type of draft capitol it would take. He did opt into that deal, so presumably he didn't think he was getting that much on the open market, so I'm not sure he's that valuable.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#2094 » by Kobblehead » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:08 am

freshie2 wrote:Scott to NYK for Smith or Frank...PG addressed

Frank Ntilikina is not far away from being a pretty good contributor. He's already an excellent defender and a good free throw shooter. He's an okay secondary distributor.
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#2095 » by youngcrev » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:10 am

Kobblehead wrote:
youngcrev wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:What's the sales pitch for bringing Fournier in as a key piece for the Sixers?

He can shoot well and pass a little bit, but his ability to create off the dribble is pretty overstated IMO. And he's definitely deficient as a defender, from what I can see.

I just think the more guys like Evan Fournier and Tobias Harris you feature in your offense, the less serious you are about actually competing for a title.

I'd prefer to have a legit primary perimeter threat that can be a #1 option and score off the bounce at a high level... But that ain't in the cards.

Fournier's combination of on and off ball prowess would be helpful. To me it's a matter of what the price tag is. I think he'd be a nice piece of the puzzle on a team with Embiid/Simmons as the focal points.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#2096 » by Kobblehead » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:32 am

I don't see the appeal. Having Harris/Fournier in key roles for your team just dilutes you as a contender. These guys are fake solutions with regular season skillsets.
Sportfan73
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,315

Post#2097 » by Sportfan73 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:39 am

It’s time to bite the bullet on Matisse and call Chicago on Harris, thybulle, smith, and a first for Lavine and porter
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,027

Post#2098 » by eyeatoma » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:51 am

Boston just got Tristan Thompson

Read on Twitter

Not a center, but he'll be useful for them.
ckchen
Veteran
And1: 574

Post#2099 » by ckchen » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:55 am

youngcrev wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:

You realize that Fournier makes $17M? So even if you can make this a legal trade you're increasing salaries over what were paying with Horford on the roster even further into Luxury Tax space. I agree Fournier has some value but not enough to not only pay the higher luxury tax but also put us into the apron and all of the salary cap and trade restrictions that come with it.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,027

Post#2100 » by eyeatoma » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:57 am

KCP returns. The rich get richer.

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Return to Philadelphia 76ers