ImageImageImage

Fixing the Mess Pt. 2 Sixers Offseason

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

KKell2507
Starter
Posts: 2,340
And1: 507
Joined: Jun 11, 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
     

Re: Fixing the Mess Pt. 2 Sixers Offseason 

Post#2121 » by KKell2507 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:44 am

And there goes Nerlens, on a 1 year deal to the Knicks...honestly disappointing. Preferred him to Dwight Howard. But we can always go get him again next year, if he doesnt up his value too much playing behind Mitchell Robinson.
User avatar
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,758
And1: 732
Joined: Feb 14, 2008
       

Re: Fixing the Mess Pt. 2 Sixers Offseason 

Post#2122 » by 51X3RF4N » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:47 am

Hey fl311, does the Howard signing impact efforts to move Mike Scott?

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Your Future Sixers:

C- Embiid/Patton
PF- ?/Bolden
SF- Butler/?
SG- ?/Zhaire
PG- Simmons/Shamet
76thBearCub
Analyst
Posts: 3,626
And1: 1,624
Joined: Dec 06, 2011
     

Re: Fixing the Mess Pt. 2 Sixers Offseason 

Post#2123 » by 76thBearCub » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:51 am

I hate it that we have to talk about Mike Scott and Zhaire Smith as if they were relevant NBA players.
Sportfan73
Starter
Posts: 2,185
And1: 487
Joined: Jun 18, 2015
   

Re: Fixing the Mess Pt. 2 Sixers Offseason 

Post#2124 » by Sportfan73 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:01 am

76thBearCub wrote:I hate it that we have to talk about Mike Scott and Zhaire Smith as if they were relevant NBA players.

Slap a first and a second to them and they are
youngcrev
RealGM
Posts: 22,566
And1: 4,696
Joined: Jun 12, 2005
Location: Philadelphia(ish)
   

Re: Fixing the Mess Pt. 2 Sixers Offseason 

Post#2125 » by youngcrev » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:03 am

76thBearCub wrote:I hate it that we have to talk about Mike Scott and Zhaire Smith as if they were relevant NBA players.


Do we do that? I feel like they're talked about as expiring salary filler.
eyeatoma
RealGM
Posts: 13,276
And1: 1,889
Joined: Feb 25, 2005
Location: An Indian in Indonesia
     

Re: Fixing the Mess Pt. 2 Sixers Offseason 

Post#2126 » by eyeatoma » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:05 am

God dammit.

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
mithrandir17
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,958
And1: 1,070
Joined: Jan 30, 2017
 

Re: Fixing the Mess Pt. 2 Sixers Offseason 

Post#2127 » by mithrandir17 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:08 am

I thought Doc is a recruiter. All we have signed so far is Dwight.
ckchen
Veteran
Posts: 2,691
And1: 528
Joined: Aug 07, 2001

Re: Fixing the Mess Pt. 2 Sixers Offseason 

Post#2128 » by ckchen » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:13 am

mithrandir17 wrote:I thought Doc is a recruiter. All we have signed so far is Dwight.


He can recruit people related to him.
eyeatoma
RealGM
Posts: 13,276
And1: 1,889
Joined: Feb 25, 2005
Location: An Indian in Indonesia
     

Re: Fixing the Mess Pt. 2 Sixers Offseason 

Post#2129 » by eyeatoma » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:13 am

I mean he would have been okay, but he's been injury prone for a while.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
ankle420breaker
General Manager
Posts: 8,229
And1: 1,358
Joined: Sep 21, 2005
Location: South Jersey

Re: Fixing the Mess Pt. 2 Sixers Offseason 

Post#2130 » by ankle420breaker » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:13 am

I'm telling you. Get ready for Austin Rivers.

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
mithrandir17
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,958
And1: 1,070
Joined: Jan 30, 2017
 

Re: Fixing the Mess Pt. 2 Sixers Offseason 

Post#2131 » by mithrandir17 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:16 am

Im ok with nepotism if Doc can bring the brother of his son in law here.
Olabikkel
Ballboy
Posts: 45
And1: 6
Joined: May 02, 2020
         

Re: Fixing the Mess Pt. 2 Sixers Offseason 

Post#2132 » by Olabikkel » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:19 am

It seems a fa signing is less likely every minuten goes by.
Or are there really fa signings left that provide additional value? a back up.playmaking pg seems handy...

Maybe a trade is more what could be expected.
Also a possibility we see how this season goes and make mid season moves or profit of buy outs then.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 45,139
And1: 9,546
Joined: Feb 07, 2005
Location: Parts Unknown
   

Re: Fixing the Mess Pt. 2 Sixers Offseason 

Post#2133 » by Stanford » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:23 am

KKell2507 wrote:And there goes Nerlens, on a 1 year deal to the Knicks...honestly disappointing. Preferred him to Dwight Howard. But we can always go get him again next year, if he doesnt up his value too much playing behind Mitchell Robinson.


He is so far superior to Dwight. This stinks, man!
Image
Skates
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,717
And1: 1,929
Joined: Feb 18, 2008
       

Re: Fixing the Mess Pt. 2 Sixers Offseason 

Post#2134 » by Skates » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:28 am

Teague has looked a little like he is on the steep part of the downside, doubt he would have played much.

Austin is still out there and feels kind of inevitable if a bigger deal doesn't go through.
76thBearCub
Analyst
Posts: 3,626
And1: 1,624
Joined: Dec 06, 2011
     

Re: Fixing the Mess Pt. 2 Sixers Offseason 

Post#2135 » by 76thBearCub » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:28 am

youngcrev wrote:
76thBearCub wrote:I hate it that we have to talk about Mike Scott and Zhaire Smith as if they were relevant NBA players.


Do we do that? I feel like they're talked about as expiring salary filler.



Your right. But expiring money isn't all created equal. Some guys who are clearly not worth their contract can still contribute. The Horford trade feels better with Danny Green then it would with just a couple random expiring turds.
mithrandir17
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,958
And1: 1,070
Joined: Jan 30, 2017
 

Re: Fixing the Mess Pt. 2 Sixers Offseason 

Post#2136 » by mithrandir17 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:29 am

Noel signed for 5M for 1 year because he knows it is exactly what Scott makes and we can trade for him straight up before the trade deadline.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
Posts: 31,131
And1: 13,230
Joined: Jan 25, 2005

Re: Fixing the Mess Pt. 2 Sixers Offseason 

Post#2137 » by Sixerscan » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:31 am

Skates wrote:Teague has looked a little like he is on the steep part of the downside, doubt he would have played much.

Austin is still out there and feels kind of inevitable if a bigger deal doesn't go through.

Nepotism aside, based on how they both played last year I feel like I would rather have Austin? He's a solid C+/B- on both ends not sure if you can say that about Teague.

FWIW looking at the Celtics board thread about Teague they're not exactly jumping for joy.
76thBearCub
Analyst
Posts: 3,626
And1: 1,624
Joined: Dec 06, 2011
     

Re: Fixing the Mess Pt. 2 Sixers Offseason 

Post#2138 » by 76thBearCub » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:32 am

Sportfan73 wrote:
76thBearCub wrote:I hate it that we have to talk about Mike Scott and Zhaire Smith as if they were relevant NBA players.

Slap a first and a second to them and they are



Yea then its a trade package but its a really weak trade package that most other teams could equal or do better.
youngcrev
RealGM
Posts: 22,566
And1: 4,696
Joined: Jun 12, 2005
Location: Philadelphia(ish)
   

Re: Fixing the Mess Pt. 2 Sixers Offseason 

Post#2139 » by youngcrev » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:32 am

76thBearCub wrote:
youngcrev wrote:
76thBearCub wrote:I hate it that we have to talk about Mike Scott and Zhaire Smith as if they were relevant NBA players.


Do we do that? I feel like they're talked about as expiring salary filler.



Your right. But expiring money isn't all created equal. Some guys who are clearly not worth their contract can still contribute. The Horford trade feels better with Danny Green then it would with just a couple random expiring turds.


Sure, but if we're looking at teams that are willing to dump a contributor, they probably don't really care as long as they are getting some draft capitol back.
agiaco
Analyst
Posts: 3,359
And1: 890
Joined: Jun 26, 2009
     

Re: Fixing the Mess Pt. 2 Sixers Offseason 

Post#2140 » by agiaco » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:35 am

Stanford wrote:
KKell2507 wrote:And there goes Nerlens, on a 1 year deal to the Knicks...honestly disappointing. Preferred him to Dwight Howard. But we can always go get him again next year, if he doesnt up his value too much playing behind Mitchell Robinson.


He is so far superior to Dwight. This stinks, man!


Nah he would have been fun but they’re basically equal at this point in time. I’m actually intrigued with what Dwight has to offer as backup.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers