ImageImageImage

2020 Draft Night Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

User avatar
stormi
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,956
And1: 1,392
Joined: Jun 04, 2019
Location: Blasia
     

Re: 2020 Draft Night Thread 

Post#821 » by stormi » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:32 am

Bulls got Dotson
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
Posts: 11,045
And1: 10,640
Joined: Jan 16, 2014

Re: 2020 Draft Night Thread 

Post#822 » by BullyKing » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:32 am

Black Mage wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:
Black Mage wrote:It just dawned on me, with our trade exceptions we could now be in play as a sign and trade option for Bogdanovic.


They absolutely cannot.

1) They are less than he will make
2) It would take Philly over the hard cap and thus not be legal.


Couldn't we package the exceptions with a Zhaire/Scott combo? That gets us to about 18 mil or thereabouts. No?


No you can't do that
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
Posts: 8,069
And1: 1,867
Joined: Jun 28, 2002

Re: 2020 Draft Night Thread 

Post#823 » by sixers hoops » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:33 am

Black Mage wrote:
sixers hoops wrote:Can you imagine the uncomfortableness in the war room as Morey explains to everyone that they need to give away picks to dump Horford and Josh, because they are horrible fits? Brand has to uncomfortably nod in agreement.

The theme of the night was fixing the mistakes of last year’s boneheaded GM..... who is still in the room as the GM. It’s like an 80s sitcom. Plot: Morey banged Harris’ wife, so his punishment is he has to fix the sixer... but here is the twist... with the guy who screwed the team up as his assistant. Can you imagine the hilarious hijinks that ensue as Morey and his ill-equipped partner try to fix the very team that Elton screwed up?

It’s like a sports version of Tommyboy. They might be onto something.


I don't know, it just seems absurd to think Elton gets an extension if he was truly the leading voice on everything that happened last year.


Elton was a disaster. Josh Harris is just an idiot who has no clue what he is doing, so he is keeping Elton around. He kept Colangelo’s guys there for a few years. He tried to keep Hinkie there in a reduced role. He is so confused and lucked out getting Morey.
mithrandir17
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,958
And1: 1,070
Joined: Jan 30, 2017
 

Re: 2020 Draft Night Thread 

Post#824 » by mithrandir17 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:34 am

Is it fair to say that Paul Reed's ceiling is Montrezl Harrell?
User avatar
Arsenal
RealGM
Posts: 10,273
And1: 5,270
Joined: Jun 05, 2002
Location: Arlington, VA
         

Re: 2020 Draft Night Thread 

Post#825 » by Arsenal » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:35 am

sixers hoops wrote:
Black Mage wrote:
sixers hoops wrote:Can you imagine the uncomfortableness in the war room as Morey explains to everyone that they need to give away picks to dump Horford and Josh, because they are horrible fits? Brand has to uncomfortably nod in agreement.

The theme of the night was fixing the mistakes of last year’s boneheaded GM..... who is still in the room as the GM. It’s like an 80s sitcom. Plot: Morey banged Harris’ wife, so his punishment is he has to fix the sixer... but here is the twist... with the guy who screwed the team up as his assistant. Can you imagine the hilarious hijinks that ensue as Morey and his ill-equipped partner try to fix the very team that Elton screwed up?

It’s like a sports version of Tommyboy. They might be onto something.


I don't know, it just seems absurd to think Elton gets an extension if he was truly the leading voice on everything that happened last year.


Elton was a disaster. Josh Harris is just an idiot who has no clue what he is doing, so he is keeping Elton around. He kept Colangelo’s guys there for a few years. He tried to keep Hinkie there in a reduced role. He is so confused and lucked out getting Morey.


Joshy boy has made exactly TWO good (great) decisions as the Sixers owner.

1) Hiring Sam Hinkie

2) Hiring Daryl Morey

Perhaps a 3rd will be hiring Doc Rivers, but we'll see.

If Elton is truly as useless as it seems, hopefully Morey finds a way to get rid of him.
#ThankYouSam | #TrustTheProcess
User avatar
Arsenal
RealGM
Posts: 10,273
And1: 5,270
Joined: Jun 05, 2002
Location: Arlington, VA
         

Re: 2020 Draft Night Thread 

Post#826 » by Arsenal » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:35 am

mithrandir17 wrote:Is it fair to say that Paul Reed's ceiling is Montrezl Harrell?


Nah. Draymond Green baby... haha!!!
#ThankYouSam | #TrustTheProcess
Negrodamus
RealGM
Posts: 14,704
And1: 6,007
Joined: Aug 05, 2004

Re: 2020 Draft Night Thread 

Post#827 » by Negrodamus » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:38 am

mithrandir17 wrote:Is it fair to say that Paul Reed's ceiling is Montrezl Harrell?


Chris Boucher
Negrodamus
RealGM
Posts: 14,704
And1: 6,007
Joined: Aug 05, 2004

Re: 2020 Draft Night Thread 

Post#828 » by Negrodamus » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:39 am

stormi wrote:Bulls got Dotson


Figures. He’s a Chicago guy.
Skates
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,717
And1: 1,929
Joined: Feb 18, 2008
       

Re: 2020 Draft Night Thread 

Post#829 » by Skates » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:39 am

Arsenal wrote:
mithrandir17 wrote:Is it fair to say that Paul Reed's ceiling is Montrezl Harrell?


Nah. Draymond Green baby... haha!!!


Taller Thybulle, analytics love his defense and length.
User avatar
Arsenal
RealGM
Posts: 10,273
And1: 5,270
Joined: Jun 05, 2002
Location: Arlington, VA
         

Re: 2020 Draft Night Thread 

Post#830 » by Arsenal » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:40 am

Anyone get Mason Jones yet? He should come here with his boy Joe!!!
#ThankYouSam | #TrustTheProcess
PhillyPhilly
Rookie
Posts: 1,248
And1: 467
Joined: Jul 01, 2018
       

Re: 2020 Draft Night Thread 

Post#831 » by PhillyPhilly » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:42 am

sixers hoops wrote:Can you imagine the uncomfortableness in the war room as Morey explains to everyone that they need to give away picks to dump Horford and Josh, because they are horrible fits? Brand has to uncomfortably nod in agreement.

The theme of the night was fixing the mistakes of last year’s boneheaded GM..... who is still in the room as the GM. It’s like an 80s sitcom. Plot: Morey banged Harris’ wife, so his punishment is he has to fix the sixer... but here is the twist... with the guy who screwed the team up as his assistant. Can you imagine the hilarious hijinks that ensue as Morey and his ill-equipped partner try to fix the very team that Elton screwed up?

It’s like a sports version of Tommyboy. They might be onto something.


Oh look more Brand slander when the official line from the team was THE TRADES WERE GROUP DECISIONS!!!...but of course the Brand detractors would prefer to continue to spew the lie that he made all the decisions on his own...whilst praising a man who just traded for Westbrook's terrible contract and left his old team with no first round picks for years...smh.
HardenToSixers
Ballboy
Posts: 46
And1: 14
Joined: Nov 18, 2020
 

Re: 2020 Draft Night Thread 

Post#832 » by HardenToSixers » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:46 am

PhillyPhilly wrote:
sixers hoops wrote:Can you imagine the uncomfortableness in the war room as Morey explains to everyone that they need to give away picks to dump Horford and Josh, because they are horrible fits? Brand has to uncomfortably nod in agreement.

The theme of the night was fixing the mistakes of last year’s boneheaded GM..... who is still in the room as the GM. It’s like an 80s sitcom. Plot: Morey banged Harris’ wife, so his punishment is he has to fix the sixer... but here is the twist... with the guy who screwed the team up as his assistant. Can you imagine the hilarious hijinks that ensue as Morey and his ill-equipped partner try to fix the very team that Elton screwed up?

It’s like a sports version of Tommyboy. They might be onto something.


Oh look more Brand slander when the official line from the team was THE TRADES WERE GROUP DECISIONS!!!...but of course the Brand detractors would prefer to continue to spew the lie that he made all the decisions on his own...whilst praising a man who just traded for Westbrook's terrible contract and left his old team with no first round picks for years...smh.
are you trolling? Brand was the GM so obviously the blame falls on him. Morey has been one of the best GMs for the last decade even if you want to make the argument that Frittata didn't force that move on him so obviously we are confident in his abilities
Negrodamus
RealGM
Posts: 14,704
And1: 6,007
Joined: Aug 05, 2004

Re: 2020 Draft Night Thread 

Post#833 » by Negrodamus » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:48 am

Mason jones to the Rockets.
Negrodamus
RealGM
Posts: 14,704
And1: 6,007
Joined: Aug 05, 2004

Re: 2020 Draft Night Thread 

Post#834 » by Negrodamus » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:49 am

Killian Tillie to the Griz.
eyeatoma
RealGM
Posts: 13,276
And1: 1,889
Joined: Feb 25, 2005
Location: An Indian in Indonesia
     

Re: 2020 Draft Night Thread 

Post#835 » by eyeatoma » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:00 am

Morey speaking live right now

https://www.nba.com/sixers/live
PhillyPhilly
Rookie
Posts: 1,248
And1: 467
Joined: Jul 01, 2018
       

Re: 2020 Draft Night Thread 

Post#836 » by PhillyPhilly » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:04 am

HardenToSixers wrote:
PhillyPhilly wrote:
sixers hoops wrote:Can you imagine the uncomfortableness in the war room as Morey explains to everyone that they need to give away picks to dump Horford and Josh, because they are horrible fits? Brand has to uncomfortably nod in agreement.

The theme of the night was fixing the mistakes of last year’s boneheaded GM..... who is still in the room as the GM. It’s like an 80s sitcom. Plot: Morey banged Harris’ wife, so his punishment is he has to fix the sixer... but here is the twist... with the guy who screwed the team up as his assistant. Can you imagine the hilarious hijinks that ensue as Morey and his ill-equipped partner try to fix the very team that Elton screwed up?

It’s like a sports version of Tommyboy. They might be onto something.


Oh look more Brand slander when the official line from the team was THE TRADES WERE GROUP DECISIONS!!!...but of course the Brand detractors would prefer to continue to spew the lie that he made all the decisions on his own...whilst praising a man who just traded for Westbrook's terrible contract and left his old team with no first round picks for years...smh.
are you trolling? Brand was the GM so obviously the blame falls on him. Morey has been one of the best GMs for the last decade even if you want to make the argument that Frittata didn't force that move on him so obviously we are confident in his abilities


Brand had ONE draft and ONE free agency where he had to work with his hands tied behind his back. But folks act like other gm's haven't made mistakes before smh. The Horford deal was bad but he GOT Butler for virtually nothing and he drafted Matisse and he got a first round pick for Fultz etc etc...so if you want to judge then be fair across the board. Also Morey left Houston in a mess and didn't even reach a single finals..even though i'm happy we've got him those are just the facts.
HardenToSixers
Ballboy
Posts: 46
And1: 14
Joined: Nov 18, 2020
 

Re: 2020 Draft Night Thread 

Post#837 » by HardenToSixers » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:05 am

Markus Howard to Nugs sorry Damus
Skates
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,717
And1: 1,929
Joined: Feb 18, 2008
       

Re: 2020 Draft Night Thread 

Post#838 » by Skates » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:10 am

Media seems to love the Horford trade and like the Curry deal, and Maxey should get a nice draft grade. Kind of a grating night, loved Maxey, hated missing out on the mid 30's of this draft, but joe at the pick in the forties was a nice pickup.

If Simmons, Embiid and Harris play up to or near their salaries, they have a much more cohesive and sensible supporting cast. More moves to make at least on the margins, and rounding out the roster with some bigs. Shayok does nothing for me and Reed is a deep project, Zhaire needs a relocation move, maybe grab a future second for him or another change of scenery guy.
eyeatoma
RealGM
Posts: 13,276
And1: 1,889
Joined: Feb 25, 2005
Location: An Indian in Indonesia
     

Re: 2020 Draft Night Thread 

Post#839 » by eyeatoma » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:16 am

So does this take any chance of getting Lavine out of the question now? Is our only big possiblity Harden to Simmons?
HardenToSixers
Ballboy
Posts: 46
And1: 14
Joined: Nov 18, 2020
 

Re: 2020 Draft Night Thread 

Post#840 » by HardenToSixers » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:44 am

Negrodamus wrote:I feel like we always make picks for other teams of guys I love. I would have liked Maledon and Bey over Joe.

what's your on the record picks for what you would've done as our GM tonight so we can put your immaculate draft record at risk again this year

Return to Philadelphia 76ers