Moderators: BullyKing, HartfordWhalers, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

DCasey91
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,394

Re: Welcome Tyrese Maxey! 

Post#781 » by DCasey91 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:50 pm

Arsenal wrote:
HotelVitale wrote:
kuclas wrote: Sexton is a better player right now. He’s a better shooter as well.

But how much more is sexton really when adjusted for age/experience and minutes played as well as being the number 1 option than maxey.

I agree. We need to get maxey more minutes. See what he can do. But the kid was a 5 star recruit for a reason. Maxey is already a good free throw shooter which usually translate to good 3 point shooting. Plus maxey on rookie contract.

I mean, I'm all for optimism but, no, it's not the expected course for someone to shoot from 8ppg as a rookie to 25ppg two years later. That obviously almost never happens. And like 30 people are 5 star recruits every year, most of em don't come anywhere close to being decent NBA players, let alone scoring 25ppg.

I'm excited for this season and following Maxey's progression in it, just think it doesn't do anyone any good to not appreciate how difficult it is to be good in the NBA. It's a big achievement if Maxey becomes a solid score-first 7th man soon and he'll have to make real and sustained improvements to get there. To go beyond that will be very impressive and I want to be able to give him fair props if he does do it.

Tyrese Maxey's age 20 season was better than Collin Sexton's age 20 season on a per possession basis. The only reason Maxey didn't get huge minutes is because we are a title contender while the Cavs were total trash. It's not a stretch at all to think Maxey can be just as good as Sexton is now in a couple of years.

If Maxey got the green light on a terrible team like Sexton has, he could put up Sexton type numbers right now.

I don’t rate Sexton but even I know he’s a much better shooter then Maxey is.
DCasey91
Lead Assistant

Post#782 » by DCasey91 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:53 pm

Kobblehead wrote:I think the need for an actual PG can be eradicated as long as you're fielding guys that can dribble-pass-shoot at the 1-2-3.

Not for our team when our main piece isn’t a great passer/playmaker.

I mean every championship caliber team by my recollection had some serious PG, or floor general passing players on their list.

Maxey is definitely not that which I’m fine with.
DCasey91
Lead Assistant

Post#783 » by DCasey91 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:57 pm

76ciology wrote:Why can’t Maxey replace Jimmy’s role on our “run it back” squad?

Couldn’t Maxey replace Jimmy and Seth replace JJ?

I think we still need a bigger sample size to be certain but I say Maxey is capable of providing Jimmy’s production on our team in the future. Maybe this season, maybe next season?

Maxey will be a better shooter and PnR player than Jimmy.

Seth or Isaiah Joe has to replace JJ’s production.

Then Milton has to stop drinking plant based protein shake.

Surely you jest. Butler lives at the line, has defense and has playmaking chops. Not to mention a bucketload of exp.

Butler is massively underrated now to me he was and will always be the blue chip or the piece that puts us from a true contender to second rnd paper tiger fodder again.
elchengue20
Rookie
And1: 864

Post#784 » by elchengue20 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:54 am

Yeah, asking Maxey in his first years in the league to play at peak Jimmy Butler level is too much.

Lets calm down a bit with the expectations.
Eyeamok
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,996

Post#785 » by Eyeamok » Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:50 pm

Saw an article where they did a redraft of the 2020-2021 draft. And Maxey turned out to be the 11th pick taken and Paul Reed went 19th. It's crazy with all these stats and computer simulated models, combines and measurements there is still a lot of guess work that goes into drafting a player and as Hinkie said luck.

No Chris Paul in OKC helping them overachieve, no Mike Muscala game winning shot, no NCAA tournament quite possibly Maxey does not fall to #21. Luck.
Please allow me to introduce myself I'm a man of wealth and taste.

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 15,799

Post#786 » by 76ciology » Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:28 pm

Read on Twitter
“If anyone can refute me—show me I'm making a mistake or looking at things from the wrong perspective—I'll gladly change. It's the truth I'm after, and the truth never harmed anyone." Marcus Aurelius.
sodmoraes
Senior
And1: 208

Post#787 » by sodmoraes » Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:20 pm

It´s good Maxey is shooting off the dribble 3´s, but i want him to became first a decent 3 pt shooter on catch and shoot( maybe he will be already this year, i hope so). After he´s a reliable 3 point shooter, he can became an off the dribble menace :)
[quote:bba5df4c1f="hornetstime"]jr smith will be out of this league in 2 years, book it.[/quote]
Dnt hate
Bench Warmer
And1: 696

Post#788 » by Dnt hate » Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:21 am

sodmoraes wrote:It´s good Maxey is shooting off the dribble 3´s, but i want him to became first a decent 3 pt shooter on catch and shoot( maybe he will be already this year, i hope so). After he´s a reliable 3 point shooter, he can became an off the dribble menace :)

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/sixers-guard-tyrese-maxey-gym-155941942.html

On the way to greatness baby
the_process
RealGM
And1: 5,552

Post#789 » by the_process » Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:50 pm

76ciology wrote:
Read on Twitter

That last move is the one that Luka and Harden use so effectively.
It is highly unlikely that the Sixers will agree with your Ben Simmons evaluation for the purposes of a trade.
sixers4real
Sixth Man
And1: 812

Post#790 » by sixers4real » Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:24 am

76ciology wrote:
Read on Twitter

Great NBA moves, all FIBA travels lol.
Love Maxey
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
Lou_23
Rookie