ImageImageImage

Welcome Isaiah Joe

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,063

Re: Welcome Isaiah Joe 

Post#121 » by Kobblehead » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:42 pm

Isaiah Joe is the perfect marriage of character, talent, skill and fit with the team. He's primed to thrive.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,649

Post#122 » by stormi » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:57 pm

Kobblehead wrote:"The only way to "keur" your shooting woes is to pour yourself a nice cup of Joe."

This post made me upset
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,751

Post#123 » by Stanford » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:33 pm

Kobblehead wrote:Isaiah Joe is the perfect marriage of character, talent, skill and fit with the team. He's primed to thrive.

And he's the only one Doc hasn't been raving about for a year. We're on to something for sure.
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 9,784

Post#124 » by Murray_17 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:44 pm

Read on Twitter

Joe is really making his case for 20 to 30 minutes a game.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,667

Post#125 » by Negrodamus » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:04 pm

Read on Twitter

Let the three spamming begin!

I'm predicting Curry, Joe, Green, Tobi, and Embiid to start the season. Could be fun.
erving4ever
Ballboy
And1: 24

Post#126 » by erving4ever » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:09 pm

Read on Twitter
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,261

Post#127 » by DCasey91 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:16 am

Negrodamus wrote:
Read on Twitter

I'm predicting Curry, Joe, Green, Tobi, and Embiid to start the season. Could be fun.

That’s a nice as heck lineup. Bring on Maxey, Shake, Korkmaz for offense and Thybulle for defense, Rotate through Niang/Drummond with Harris/Embiid easy.

I’m guessing the second unit Doc will see who works with Drummond as the ball-handling partner. Could be ugly early on but that’s fine still working out the kinks.

Also this is definitely the furthest thing away from a static/consistent team so Doc don’t be afraid to make a move when someone goes 0/5 and looks like he couldn’t hit water if he fell off a boat lol.

Milton still has his time and place (same with Korklord, both can get randomly hot and then just ride it until the wheels fall off).
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,011

Post#128 » by Sixerscan » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:42 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
Read on Twitter

Feel like if Doc was considering that he would have started Joe over Maxey in the last preseason game. I think until Simmons and/or Shake get back the plan is going to be to play Maxey close to 40 mpg.
zaz102
Sixth Man
And1: 803

Post#129 » by zaz102 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:55 pm

Murray_17 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Joe is really making his case for 20 to 30 minutes a game.
What are you talking about? Look at that pre-season WARP. He should be getting 40 minutes at least.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,667

Post#130 » by Negrodamus » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:54 pm

Sixerscan wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
Read on Twitter

Feel like if Doc was considering that he would have started Joe over Maxey in the last preseason game. I think until Simmons and/or Shake get back the plan is going to be to play Maxey close to 40 mpg.

Read on Twitter
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,667

Post#131 » by rzzzzz » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:48 pm

Read on Twitter
[/quote]

The way Joe is playing, the best Doc can come up with is subbing him on the 2nd unit for an injury? I swear I’ve seen quotes from Morey about needing to utilize our young players. I know right now he’s banking on Doc’s rep as a player’s coach in terms of pulling Simmons back in, but while he knows a lot more basketball than Brett, he seems just as rigid, especially with his vets over young guys blindside. We damn well better see Joe, especially, but Maxey too, utilized properly with plenty PT. I mean how can you ignore such a gift?
elchengue20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,461

Post#132 » by elchengue20 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:51 pm

I really liked as an underrated prospect.

He can be a nice rotation player in this league, he should be getting a chance this season. Plus, he brings so much needed shooting.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,343

Post#133 » by 76ciology » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:30 am

Trade Shake now for a first round pick then unleash Isaiah Joe
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
TTP
Head Coach
And1: 4,398

Post#134 » by TTP » Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:35 pm

Isaiah Joe gets into the game last night with 20 seconds left in the 1st quarter - a little late for my liking but whatever. He's not involved until the start of the 2nd quarter.

First defensive possession Joe defends the point of attack against Patty Mills. Mills attempts to drive, Joe cuts him off and makes him uncomfortable and Mills hands it off in a DHO. Joe then rotates to help by tagging the roller when Drummond moves over to help on the Harden PNR.

Second defensive Harden threatens the paint and Joe helps from the corner and bothers Harden. Ends up trying to double team with Drummond in the corner and Harden goes baseline. Not sure how effective Joe was here but Drummond ended up getting the block.

Immediately after the subsequent inbounds, Joe runs himself through Joe Harris' shoulder and draws an offensive foul. Joe loves sacrificing his body for the offensive foul.

Next defensive possession, Thybulle and Niang blitz the Harden PnR but Harden splits the double. Both Joe and Drummond stunt Harden but return to their man, causing Harden to opt for and miss a floater, and Drummond gets the rebound.

Next defensive possession, Joe picks up Mills in 3/4 court. Claxton screens him about 4 feet behind the 3 point line. Joe fights through the screen and gets a decent enough contest, but Mills hits a nice 3.

Joe is finally involved in an offensive possession when he misses a decent look at a 3 on the wing after curling around a Niang DHO screen.

Next defensive possession, Joe tags Claxton in the paint to deny a free basket before rotating into a good position to be able to cover two guys simultaneously. Thybulle flies by and Joe is unfortunately unable to cover all three. Fortunately both Niang and Drummond rotate well, and Drummond blocks Johnson at the rim. Isaiah Joe follows up and either blocks or contests Johnson at the rim on his second attempt (hard to tell). Sixers are all over the rebound with a great group effort.

The next defensive possession Joe is involved in, he chases Joe Harris through two screens and does well with the 1st but gets knocked down by the 2nd after fighting the good fight. Harris gets a good look but misses pretty badly. This is maybe the one play where Joe didn't make a positive impact, but this spot is a tough ask for anyone and ideally he gets some more help on the contest, but the gameplan was clearly for the help to stunt and stick with their man, as Korkmaz and Drummond did here.

Finally, Joe Harris curls around a Millsap screen. Isaiah Joe avoids it and defends the drive without fouling. Drummond gets called for a really weak foul on the contest.

That's Isaiah Joe's entire relevant game history from last night because he got taken out after 4 minutes and never made it back into the game. He was involved in basically one offensive possession, standing in the corner for the rest of the time. He was actively involved in the defense, and made a positive contribution nearly every time, and the Sixers bench maintained the lead against Harden during this time. I don't understand how Doc doesn't put him back in the game and get him involved. Joe looked great against the Nets less than two weeks ago, and he looked very fine defensively in the 4 minutes he played.

Just really poor minutes distribution from Doc last night - give Korkmaz and Joe like 10+ of those Maxey minutes when he's struggling and we probably win that game. Instead of continuing with the successful plan of getting looks for our bombers with them moving around screens, we let Tobias Harris and Tyrese Maxey score a combined 38 points on 37 shots and 0 trips to the free throw line thanks to endless mid-range floaters. Great gameplan Doc.
jonjames is a signature bet welcher.

Appostis wrote:You're friend ..is a idiot.
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,261

Post#135 » by DCasey91 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:08 pm

Doc is a bad in game coach. This team like always is the opposite of static and consistent.

Korkmaz looked threatening and Joe didn’t get a real look.

Yet Danny Green forgot how to play basketball and Maxey was getting picked apart on defense. Thybulle couldn’t do much like always and had a classic Roco moment.

Same story nothing changes.

Is Milton fit?

This team is the furthest thing away from playing through arse tier play lol.

It’s literally cool have a rest you’ve done enough today that goes for everybody btw including Embiid.

If a player doesn’t come on for like 2mins then what’s the point of putting him on the court your feet aren’t even wet yet.

It’s so obvious Maxey works with Drummond but not with Embiid. Their game styles fit much much better.

Milton/Korkmaz is more beneficial in the starting unit. Remember with Harris, Maxey’s pecking order goes down along with Drummond being a better suited big to compliment his slashing ability.

A slasher needs a meat shield so to speak. Embiid floats and gets higher usage centric wise, Drummond doesnt.
TTP
Head Coach
And1: 4,398

Post#136 » by TTP » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:00 am

Another justification for getting Joe on the floor more is his point of attack defense, which we're seeing him do more and more of and he's looked solid in the role. He's just an all around better defender on the floor than Maxey is right now, though Maxey had some decent moments as well.

There was one moment though that really stuck out to me where Durant was in transition with only Maxey in front of him but two Sixers in close proximity to help. Now by no means am I suggesting that this is an easy cover for anyone at all. However, I can't help but think that Isaiah Joe is finding a way to get knocked to the floor in this spot for basically a coin flip at getting a charge called, whereas Maxey makes the worst decision possible and more or less gently places his hands all over Durant while backpedaling and giving up the easiest and-1 ever.

You can get Joe minutes from Danny Green potentially as well if he's not having a great night.
jonjames is a signature bet welcher.

Appostis wrote:You're friend ..is a idiot.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,063

Post#137 » by Kobblehead » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:04 am

It's a real shame that Joe can't even get on the court even with Milton out.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,343

Post#138 » by 76ciology » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:16 am

Kobblehead wrote:It's a real shame that Joe can't even get on the court even with Milton out.

Doc is an OG coach he wouldnt bring all his guns out and like to have cards up his sleeve just in case the cards he’s playing is not working.

And right now, we’re fine with Korky and Tobi carrying the bench unit’s scoring. Once korky starks bricking, expect Joe or Milton to step up
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,667

Post#139 » by rzzzzz » Wed Jan 5, 2022 1:23 am

?? Burke is saying good stuff about Isaiah Joe today. About his potential for 3 and D at the 3. Man, if he can get some real minutes before Doc gets back, (plus with Maxey being out, I hate to say), I hope he makes enough of a fuss to stick this time. I’m not betting the house on this guy, but at times he looks like someone we could really use the rest of the year.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers