Re: Welcome Paul Reed 

Post#81 » by Stanford » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:17 pm

LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#82 » by LloydFree » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:45 am

Paul Reed making John Holinger look like he was on to something. Shoulda been a 1st round pick.

Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Kolkmania
Analyst
And1: 1,664

Post#83 » by Kolkmania » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:04 am

LloydFree wrote:Paul Reed making John Holinger look like he was on to something. Shoulda been a 1st round pick.

Impressive, certainly not an "empty" 31 point game.

Obviously the shot is a huge question mark, but the combination of athleticism, mobility, size and dribbling is intriguing.
Wilfried
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,909

Post#84 » by Wilfried » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:39 am

Has some Richaun Holmes to his game
fangfang
Sophomore
And1: 135

Post#85 » by fangfang » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:44 am

Big fan of bball Paul, think he’s going to be a good one for us
TTP
Head Coach
And1: 4,398

Post#86 » by TTP » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:33 am

Really hoping this guy wins the backup center job next season. It seems like he should be able to function pretty well next to Simmons.
jonjames is a signature bet welcher.

Appostis wrote:You're friend ..is a idiot.
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Post#87 » by 51X3RF4N » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:44 am

TTP wrote:Really hoping this guy wins the backup center job next season. It seems like he should be able to function pretty well next to Simmons.
Isn't he only like 210 lbs though? He looks like he needs to add serious muscle weight to be a C. I'd love to see it because the Dwight experience would end.

Plus, you'd have young guys at PG, SG, SF, and C all locked in for multiple years.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#88 » by LloydFree » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:42 pm

TTP wrote:Really hoping this guy wins the backup center job next season. It seems like he should be able to function pretty well next to Simmons.

I'm not sure he's big enough for Center. He's only about 6'8, and he's a bit light. That's why I think he fell in the draft. Teams don't know which position to play him. Hopefully his shooting and passing comes along enough for him to play Power Forward until he gets stronger.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,866

Post#89 » by Stanford » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:52 pm

He's a wing!
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,107

Post#90 » by Kobblehead » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:59 pm

Reed can definitely guard on the perimeter and it's reasonable to expect him to have a decent-ish three point shot eventually. I definitely think he's a F.
Monix
Pro Prospect
And1: 661

Post#91 » by Monix » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:12 pm

he's playing as a 5 and feasting on predominantly non-NBA size in the bubble, I don't think his shooting form translates to being functional as a forward - too low & too slow

doesn't have the vertical pop that Holmes has

he's a quirky stats guy, has always been talented enough athletically and productive enough instinctually that his coaches have built the program around what he does rather than teach him how to do the things he'll need to do to be a 10 year pro

to get by on athleticism and instinct you need to be an absolute freak and he's not

that said, he is playing well

hopefully he gets a full summer living at the practice facility and warrants a transition to a Shake contract by being a forward version of what Thybulle is now - versatile, instinctive defender that has a chance to hit a corner 3 on a cheap contract
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#92 » by LloydFree » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:27 pm

Monix wrote:he's playing as a 5 and feasting on predominantly non-NBA size in the bubble, I don't think his shooting form translates to being functional as a forward - too low & too slow

doesn't have the vertical pop that Holmes has

he's a quirky stats guy, has always been talented enough athletically and productive enough instinctually that his coaches have built the program around what he does rather than teach him how to do the things he'll need to do to be a 10 year pro

to get by on athleticism and instinct you need to be an absolute freak and he's not

that said, he is playing well

hopefully he gets a full summer living at the practice facility and warrants a transition to a Shake contract by being a forward version of what Thybulle is now - versatile, instinctive defender that has a chance to hit a corner 3 on a cheap contract

I'd normally agree, but he seems to get his shot off fast and with defender's closing.
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#93 » by LloydFree » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:42 pm

Kobblehead wrote:Reed can definitely guard on the perimeter and it's reasonable to expect him to have a decent-ish three point shot eventually. I definitely think he's a F.

He's definitely a better perimeter defender than Post defender right now.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,753

Post#94 » by phillynative » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:20 pm

Im thinking hes a 4/3 like tobias. Will eventually be able to defend both positions with his athleticism , instincts and length. I think he will be a solid finisher early on while his shooting will take time to get consistent.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,866

Post#95 » by Stanford » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:23 pm

phillynative wrote:Im thinking hes a 4/3 like tobias.

He'll be Siakam in two years
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,753

Post#96 » by phillynative » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:41 pm

Stanford wrote:
phillynative wrote:Im thinking hes a 4/3 like tobias.

He'll be Siakam in two years

He would have to put in the work the tools are there though.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,692

Post#97 » by stormi » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:15 pm

Read on Twitter

Mud, baby
PhillyPhilly
Bench Warmer
And1: 522

Post#98 » by PhillyPhilly » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:01 pm

When you watch his highlights from college and what he's doing In the G league it just seems obvious that the kid has huge potential. Siakam was always his comp but imo his offensive skills are way better than what Pascal had early on In his career. Reed can be nimble on his feet and finish at the rim with either hand in traffic, he can be deadly at the dunker spot, he can put the ball on the floor and score off the dribble some, he can shoot a mid-range or three and he's very decent with free throws etc...he can do it all but as always it's about him grinding in the gym and improving those skills day by day. In a year or two he should be the starting PF for this team and that certainly should be his target.
HardenToSixers
Rookie
And1: 648

Post#99 » by HardenToSixers » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:27 pm

His handle and slashing ability are definitely impressive for his size but when we start talking about him as a forward I’m not so sure I buy it. The jumpshot and offensive development requires more of a leap than I find realistic tbh. Didn’t realize he’s so undersized and was more excited about him as a 4/5 prospect.
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#100 » by LloydFree » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:57 pm

For those who want to see Paul Reed function against NBA size and ability, tonight he plays against Vernon Carey, of Charlotte. I personally thought Paul Reed should have been drafted ahead of Carey, but he went 20 picks after that.

https://gleague.nba.com/games/20210216/GBODEL/

Return to Philadelphia 76ers