ImageImageImage

Welcome Danny Green

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,416

Re: Welcome Danny Green 

Post#41 » by 76ciology » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:10 am

I think he’ll be back sooner. But I wouldnt play him if he’s not 100%. Wouldnt mind him playing off the bench once he returns,
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,692

Post#42 » by rzzzzz » Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:22 pm

Glad he’s still in the locker room. Yeah, I hope he can be used situationally sooner than later.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,416

Post#43 » by 76ciology » Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:01 pm

Read on Twitter

:lol: :lol:
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,893

Post#44 » by sixers4real » Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:12 pm

So it’s been almost 10 months since we’ve talked about a three time (2014, 2019, 2020) NBA champion (as a starter), Danny Green.

That’s what being consistently good mean.

Elite wing player, that we missed badly last year during Atlanta series. I might me in minority, but I think we would’ve won that series with Danny.

I want Danny to be healthy and start all the playoff games, he is ideal player next to James Harden and Joel Embiid. And he is playing very good right now.
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,703

Post#45 » by the_process » Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:30 pm

sixers4real wrote:So it’s been almost 10 months since we’ve talked about a three time (2014, 2019, 2020) NBA champion (as a starter), Danny Green.

Elite wing player, that we missed badly last year during Atlanta series. I might me in minority, but I think we would’ve won that series with Danny.

I want Danny to be healthy and start all the playoff games, he is ideal player next to James Harden and Joel Embiid. And he is playing very good right now.

Danny can't play starters minutes anymore though. If you want him to start and close, while Thybulle takes care of the in between (except in playoff games in Toronto, where you will be forced to use Korkmaz), then that could be feasible IMO.
sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,893

Post#46 » by sixers4real » Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:35 pm

the_process wrote:
sixers4real wrote:So it’s been almost 10 months since we’ve talked about a three time (2014, 2019, 2020) NBA champion (as a starter), Danny Green.

Danny can't play starters minutes anymore though. If you want him to start and close, while Thybulle takes care of the in between (except in playoff games in Toronto, where you will be forced to use Korkmaz), then that could be feasible IMO.

Yea he can. I see him having one last playoff run as a starter playing 27-30 MPG.

he’s played only 61 games this season. He’s well rested and he’s ready.

With his ability to defend and to shoot, he HAS to finish games every playoff game.
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
Ferry Avenue
Starter
And1: 825

Post#47 » by Ferry Avenue » Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:09 pm

Danny Green needs to resume his starting role on this team over Matisse Thybulle. The difference in their defensive prowess isn't sufficient to offset what Green offers offensively over and above Thybulle. And Green adds the additional component of a veteran leadership presence on the court and tremendous experience in NBA playoff basketball. That change alone could very well make this team function in a more "mature" manner in the playoffs -- better focus, fewer turnovers, etc. This team fell off the rails last year when Green became sidelined in the playoffs.
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,898

Post#48 » by kuclas » Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:24 pm

We win the series with Danny just cause of the threat of 3 point shooting. And I can’t see Danny fouling 3 point shooters two times in the final 70 seconds of 1 possession ball games. Thybulle stupid risky fouls in crucial points of the game are more damaging.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,654

Post#49 » by stormi » Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:39 pm

Thybulle usually the worst starter between both teams when we face good opponents. I could understand leaning Thybulle if Harden were still a 28+ PPG scorer that could get buckets at will against any defense, but in playmaker mode - give him the shooter.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,808

Post#50 » by Stanford » Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:55 pm

stormi wrote:Thybulle usually the worst starter between both teams when we face good opponents. I could understand leaning Thybulle if Harden were still a 28+ PPG scorer that could get buckets at will against any defense, but in playmaker mode - give him the shooter.

Just depends who we're playing, no? I'd rather have Thybulle on an elite perimeter guy.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,654

Post#51 » by stormi » Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:30 pm

Stanford wrote:
stormi wrote:Thybulle usually the worst starter between both teams when we face good opponents. I could understand leaning Thybulle if Harden were still a 28+ PPG scorer that could get buckets at will against any defense, but in playmaker mode - give him the shooter.

Just depends who we're playing, no? I'd rather have Thybulle on an elite perimeter guy.

I think you throw Thybulle on Trae Young or Jayson Tatum or Jaylen Brown or Demar Derozan and they're still getting their 35 points. Would take the elite floor spacer, especially in this fragile offense that relies heavily on 3 point shooting and a spaced floor for Joel to dominate.
T_Brandon
Sophomore
And1: 58

Post#52 » by T_Brandon » Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:50 pm

I think he needs to start over Thybulle he can get a lot of open corner 3s with James and Joel. Like I said in another thread he will probably knock down at least four of them. Thybulle can’t do that. It’s not like Danny is a terrible defensive of player he still above average.
elchengue20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,481

Post#53 » by elchengue20 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:34 am

Shout out to the veteran for draining 4 threes in the most difficult moment of a crucial game.
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Post#54 » by Foshan » Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:05 am

T_Brandon wrote:I think he needs to start over Thybulle he can get a lot of open corner 3s with James and Joel. Like I said in another thread he will probably knock down at least four of them. Thybulle can’t do that. It’s not like Danny is a terrible defensive of player he still above average.

Agreed. However, I think we need to play Danny minimal minutes through the season so that he's healthy come playoffs.

Assuming he and thybulle aren't moved (big if), Danny should just be in his ear all season so he learns to play a more appropriate style given his skill set
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,836

Post#55 » by mjkvol » Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:22 am

Danny was fantastic tonight, and all series, really. He needs to start the rest of the way and play 30-32 minutes a night minimum.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin

Return to Philadelphia 76ers